Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF (19441 Views)

Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Dangote, Ayiri Emami Attend SGF Son's Wedding In Abuja / Senator Misua Docked, Granted N5m Bail Over N120bn Bribery Allegation Against IG / Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Limitednow: 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
THE Secretary to the Government of Federation, Babachir Lawal, has reacted to the demand for his resignation by the Senate.

The Senate in session had on Wednesday demanded the resignation and prosecution of Lawal for allegedly awarding a N200 million to a company in which he allegedly has interest.

But reacting, Lawal said the decision of the Senate was absolute nonsense‎.

Speaking with newsmen after the 2017 Budget presentation by President Muhammadu Buhari, Babachir said the lawmakers never invited him to hear his own side of the story.

Lawal, who confirmed ownership of ‎Global Vision Limited, the company at the centre of the controversy, said he resigned from there on August 18, 2015, which was before hs appointment as SGF.

According to him: “It is very instructive no effort was made to invite me.

“They did the session to malign me.

“Nigerian politicians have formed the attitude of bring him down by all means.

“I have the report of the committee with me.”‎

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/senates-allegation-against-me-absolute-nonsense-sgf/

Lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Sunnymatey(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigerian thieves are so bold and confident even more than those with clean records. In saner countries, the SGF would have resigned honourably. Fear Africans and indeed 9ja.

44 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Mujaheeeden: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
Look at this Thief talking nonsense

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by omotay12345(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
Latest film

4 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by seunmsg(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
Using N270million to clear bushes around IDP camps while the actual displaced people are hungry and lack medication is absolute nonsense.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by infohenry(m): 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
You resigned and start awarding frivolous contracts to the company in your new place of work. My man it is called conflicts of interest and you are guilty as charged.

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by sarrki(m): 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
# istand with the Senate on this

You are the worst Sgf in the history of Nigeria

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Mjshexy(f): 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hmm baba just do the honorable thing jare

2 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by hamzia(m): 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
wink cheesy wink
Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by three: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
He just might be giving a helping hand to #CleanSweepBuhari (a la Jeffrey Archer)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by ekems2017(f): 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
I didn't even know we have a Sgf in Nigeria in sai baba's cabinate

5 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Omeokachie: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
He wields the broom therefore no shaking.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Mjshexy(f): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
Mjshexy:
Hmm baba just do the honorable thing jare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by legendte(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
Buhari steals through these men. Senate is just wasting her time.

Jonathan introduced TSA and BVN to practically tame corruption.
Daura mugu is just shouting corruption to please the gullible zombies as usual.
What practical step has been taken to fight corruption?
OBJ introduced EFCC.

This Buhari is a plaque to this country.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by hotice01: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
Corruption fighting back *In zombie voice*
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Fantastically corrupt government!grin
SGF accusing the Senate of the Federal republic of Nigeria of talking nonsense,this is very absurd.
I'm no longer in doubt that this man might be the head of the so called "cabal" holding Aso Rock to ransom.

If the Senate is accusing the SGF of corruption,I wonder the level of corrupt practices been carries out by this government,right under PMB's nose.

11 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Trapnews: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
Where is buhari sef? I thought these people were carefully selected! choi! We've been scammed shocked

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Sandydayziz(f): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
Like seriously?
Secretary to the govt of the federation? shocked U've got to be kidding me!!

Ion't tink he ever resigned!

4 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
cheesy
Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Boyooosa(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
WHO SHOULD i SUPPORT? THE THIEVES OR THE ACCUSED? angry

1 Like

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Rayjaymay(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
Eleyi Gidigan oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Firefire(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
The battle line has been drawn...............................

Mr. Babachir Lawal, if you are honorable enough, resign your position and go and clear your family names from the 275 Million Naira IDP grass clearing scandal.

Like Babachir Lawal, like Rotimi Amaechi, like 'Tunde Fashola, na dem-dem.

APC, Party of Professional criminals and career rogues.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by daniska3yaro(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
No worry
Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
This one already punching above his weight. Just the way Tinubu was dispensed with in the power tussle between Buhari and Saraki, Buhari would fling you with left hand.
Person wey no even get political base or clout, yeyenatu.

3 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by africanusvu(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
So nigeria do hav an SGF?frankly i ve never knew until now.
Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
This man is suppose to be fighting corruption. What is wrong with our politicians?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by Kingdavid579(m): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
make i just luk and go
Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by dee02(m): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
it is all part of the corruption war..... Babachir ole barawo!
Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by RentALodge: 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
The scale of corruption in Jonathan's era will pale into insignificance when this government is finally kicked out of office and the next administration starts their own probe. At the moment all the hot air in the press to be rid of Lawal and prosecute him will remain simply that.

It will go the way the call to investigate, Amechi, Fashola, Buratai etc had gone in the past. If the presidency and Magu ignore the call long enough it will be forgotten, or at best gullible Nigerians will be assured that there is no evidence to support the allegation. It will then be business as usual.

That said, transparency and accountability should begin with the legislative house. Except the house first purge itself of corruption, no other arms of government will be deter. Not until then, the business still remain as usual. Saraki-lead Senate cannot bring any sanctity into our political space.

Melaye, of all men should not even be seeing to be asking for anyone to resign for anything. He is as corrupt as it gets and have failed severally to take the same honorable way of resigning from the assembly when confronted with his own shady deals.

This man is running a foreign account in the USA against the law and evidence including receipt and teller copies were published by Sahara Reporter to validate the fact yet he denied. He could not explain the kind of business that he did or he is doing which would have made him the stupendous wealth he brags about. People are just too funny in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF by balanceofterror1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
Are you kidding me?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu On ‘thank You’ Visit To Lagos East Senatorial District, Reiterates Com / IGP Commissions Projects In Kano And Jigawa States. / 10,000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edda, Ebonyi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.