Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak (1293 Views)

Impeach Buhari: Court Orders National Assembly To Begin Process / Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries / Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by kcmichael: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
A Federal High Court Presided Over by Justice Adolphus Enebeli has ordered the Rivers State House Of Assembly to immediately Inaugurate Hon Victoria Nyeche as the Lawmaker Representing Portharcourt Constituency 1.

Justice Enebeli gave the order following a case filed by political activist, Livingstone Wechie who accused Victoria Nyeche of impersonation.

Livingstone in his court processes alleged that Victoria Nyeche used a letter headed paper bearing the logo of the Rivers state House of Assembly to write a petition to the Chief Judge of Nigeria against the appointment of the Chief Judge of Rivers state when she is yet to take her oath of office as a member of the state Assembly.

Livingstone in his suit says the alleged use of the said letter headed paper by Nyeche amounts to fraud and impersonation by the APC House member.

But Justice Adolphus Enebeli in his ruling Today says he lacks powers to restrain the Speaker, Rivers State House of Assembly or anyone else for that matter from swearing in Hon. Victoria Wobo Nyeche as a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly.

Stating that having been duly elected and her victory affirmed by the Court of Appeal, any decision from him will amount to sitting on appeal on a case already decided by a Superior Court.

The Court ruling Below

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by SexyNairalander: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
This is what most people died for, got seriously injured and arrested for

abeg I take my leave before 1 stray bullet will touch me

Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
Congrats Madam wink
Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by ddippset(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
ha! another knock out blow for wike. dem nor want this man to enjoy him birthday? first it was Amaechi's re run uppercut, not its victory nyeche's clothesline. wike don suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by DropShot: 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
Wike is a complete tout.

The irony is that his e-warriors are always quick to call PMB who has not committed a single crime against our constitution a tyrant while hailing and praising clear acts of tyranny of Wike and his counterpart of Ekiti.

Absurdity is the order of the day nowadays.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by Aquariann: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
SexyNairalander:
This is what most people died for, got seriously injured and arrested for

abeg I take my leave before 1 stray bullet will touch me

Abeg wait for me...
Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by SexyNairalander: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
Aquariann:

Abeg wait for me...

Meanwhile, is that not HungerBaad and Ishilovina? The bikeman looks like Oga Sheun and the Best man Lala...
na you find trouble o
Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by Aquariann: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2016
SexyNairalander:
na you find trouble o

Lol..
Re: Court Orders Rivers Assembly To Iimmediately sware in Victoria Nyeche APC Lawmak by Johnnyessence(m): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Good judgement from the federal high court judge.

(1) (Reply)

PDP: Fayose’s Utterances Have Exposed Him, Says Kashamu / Osibanjo Is Cordinating Vice President While Abba Kyari Is Ag.president / Nelson Mandela To Nigeria- 2007.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.