Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? (620 Views)

Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos / The Artwork Ooni Ogunwusi Gave Fayose As A Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by nickxtra(m): 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
I was trying to settle a rift between two of my friends, when one of them told me what brought about their quarrel - he said he went to Jude's office and when he wanted to leave, Jude brought out money from his pocket with his left hand as transport fare to him. He now suggested to Jude to give him the money with his right hand, but he refused; and having been warned not to collect any gift given to him with a left hand, he attempted collecting the money from Jude with his left hand too, but Jude declined and simply told him "you are not serious", kept back the money and walked away from him. This is the beginning of the rift between Jude and his friend. According to this guy, it would have been understandable if Jude was holding something in his right hand, but the right hand was free, yet he wanted to force a gift on him with a 'suspicious' left hand.

Now my friend is suggesting that it is diabolical and a ritual act to give out money to someone with a left hand, which he has been warned against severally and that he does not give anything to anyone with his left hand.

To me, i don't really know how to begin and end my intervention in this matter, considering that both of us are good friends.

My question is, "Is giving out a gift with a left hand really a ritualistic activity or just a mere superstition"
Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by agwom(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by optional1(f): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
your topic is confusing abeg

*Is it wrong or ritualistic to give out gift with left hand* confuse abeg
Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by RoyalBlak007: 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
.its just a mere Mega-superstition.
if he was given $1,000 ...with a left hand...will he reject it?..
Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by yomi007k(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
.its just a mere Mega-superstition.
if he was given $1,000 ...with a left hand...will he reject it?..

Help me ask dem ooo....

Na black ppl dey bring problems 4 dem selves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by ChemicalReaction(f): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
OP, Only in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by nickxtra(m): 11:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
optional1:
your topic is confusing abeg

*Is it wrong or ritualistic to give out gift with left hand* confuse abeg
Pls, passby if you don't understand this(es) elementary statement(s).
Re: Is it Wrong/Ritualistic To Give Out A Gift With A Left Hand? by optional1(f): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
nickxtra:
Pls, passby if you don't understand this elementary statement(s).

Lol
buh me and you no dey fight before nah....

Y the thing come pain you..

(1) (Reply)

Whose Life Am I Living? I Hate My Life / Culture Vs Homosexuals: Riot In South Africa, Rape, Murder & Burning Of Lesbians / How Come Some Africans Know Already That Africa Will Never Develop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.