Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State (1037 Views)

About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Ebonyi State (Photos) / Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Nigerians Bashing Him "You people don't have any respect" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State by givenbiznews: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
MISCONCEPTION TAKEN TOO FAR.
During my growing up days, we are fed with the news about a state in the south east (Ebonyi state) been so primitive that nothing good comes out of it. People believe that, Ebonyi people are always aggressive and usually fight among themselves. I told myself that , i don't believe in principle of generalization, and that i will pay a visit to the state to get a first hand experience, before concluding about the earlier stated facts. As God may have it, we went for one week field mapping in Ebonyi during my undergraduates days. I discovered that, Ebonyi people are hard working and God bless them with a lot of mineral deposits, arable land for agriculture, good climate and above all, they are wonderful people and peace loving. People don't know that, Ebonyi rice, is the most cheapest rice in Nigeria and is accessible, unlike my state Governor's rice that is available only in the media and trade fair centres. Every year, Nigeria ranks them along side kastina, kebbi and zamfara states. I have a question for them, on what parameters, were they ranked ?. People say they prefer hard labour, instead of following the normal trend, Igbos are known for, business. I beg to differ, there is what we, call environmental determinism, were the environment, determines peoples behaviour, and lifestyle. They feed Nigeria, which is hard work, because if you are not strong, you cannot go into agriculture. They like hard labour because, without it, one cannot quarry. Ebonyi state is one of the fastest developing state in Nigeria. If you doubt me, pay a visit to Abakaliki or Afikpo. Dedicated to the peace loving people of Ebonyi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State by tysontim(m): 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ebony state easily beats some states in Nigeria hands down. They are known for Agriculture and the way prices of foodstuff are climbing millionaire are being made there. Underestimate them at your own peril

1 Like

Re: What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State by eezeribe(m): 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Desperate to Impress
Re: What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State by OnichaIgbo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Am a proud Ebonyian!!
"MISCONCEPTION" is allowed.
Re: What People Don't Know About Ebonyi State by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
Will go on a field trip wen am ready

(1) (Reply)

James Ibori:How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria’s President,By BBC’s Andrew Walker / PHOTOS: Saudi Arabia Defence Ministry Delegates Visit Nigerian Air Force / Gej Accepts Twitter User (mohammed Apology)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.