Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

I Love The Analogy Used Here.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love The Analogy Used Here.. (1194 Views)

A Lady Reacts To Reno Omokri's Analogy / I Love The Colour Of This Guys Boxers & Socks (Photo) / Robert Mugabe's Cheating Analogy: Agree Or Disagree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2016
I love the analogy used here...

"MARRIAGE is like a shoe. When you wear oversize, be ready to drag it along through out life, and when you wear under-size be ready to feel the pains through out life".

One thing about marriage is that you don't drop your shoe or remove it at any point, no matter how painful or how stressful it is. That is why I thought it necessary to write you this letter.

Dear Singles, When you are ready to buy your own shoe please take note of these three things:

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE : Do not look for the beautiful ones, the nice ones or the cheap ones. Look for the one that is your size. Not every handsome, wealthy or intelligent guy is for you, not every beautiful woman is for you. Look for the one that is meant for you, the one that aligns with your values and belief, the one who you meet at your life's journey. It is important to know where you're going in life before you think of getting a wife.

POSITION : All sizes of shoes are not placed in the same place. There is a place for court shoes, laced up shoes, sport footwear, snickers etc. We have Children sizes, young people's sizes and the adult sizes. Know where to get your own shoe. Your size cannot be everywhere my brother, your type cannot be everywhere my sister. You cannot be a Christian, and be looking for a wife material at a club. Your wife or husband can't just be everywhere. Stick to your values and therein you shall find someone like you, but when your values are not defined anyone can just match you. Discover yourself and define your values.

PERCEPTION : In this kind of shoe purchasing enterprise, you are not permitted to try the shoe before you buy. This is why it is important to seek guidance and counseling, from people who have bought shoes before or are into the business of directing people to the right shoes (Pastors and Relationship coaches). And most importantly to avoid much time wasting time, simply consult the SHOE MANUFACTURER to tell you your size (GOD ALMIGHTY ).

"You do not prepare for wedding, you prepare for marriage." Ladies these days get so motivated when they attend wedding and they will quickly want to say yes to that guy.

Wait!!! It is not just the wedding oh. The wedding is just one day. After the wedding WHAT NEXT?

Finally, it is not something you rush to the market and just pick a shoe because you like or can purchase it. Ask questions -Where is this shoe made from? (Background) -What's the size (Values) -How much (His/Her interest) -How long will it last (His/Her Character) -Who made it? (Is she/He of the same faith This is compatibility) -Will it match me? (This is whether he/she love you and will accept you the way you are)

Dear one, remember many are dragging their foot and they would hardly reach their destinies, many are feeling endless pains and wish they could pull off the shoes but no way!!! I have seen people with beautiful shoes and when they show you their foot, you will see scars.

Beloved, it is not about the physical, it is the size, you can't know the sizel from afar so come close, build a relationship first but remember 'you are not permitted to try it before you buy it'.

And for those who have purchased the wrong shoes, you can still make it your size again if you'd consult the manufacturer and let Him have His way in your marriage. God bless us all.

I got this write-up from a friend on facebook, share with someone you think needs such.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by herzern(m): 8:12am On Dec 16, 2016
Followinq.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2016
Even if one buys a shoe that is his size, there will come a time when he'd get tired of wearing the same shoe everyday, and he'd need a newer, fresh smelling, more matching one. What's he going to do then?

You also said that in this kind of shoe purchasing enterprise, one doesn't need to try the shoe before wearing it. Why is this so? Would you mind elaborating? Isn't it wiser if someone tested a product before buying it?

Lastly, is the shoe size actually the most important quality to consider when buying a shoe? Your article sort of places it at the fore and above all other qualities like colour, it's subjective attractiveness, and the matching quality. I like to think that these variables are equally as important as it's size.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by kingphilip(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2016
Ok
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by wordbank(m): 8:46am On Dec 16, 2016
Just do whatever that makes u happy
Every other things in marriage will fall in place
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by naijaboiy: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2016
How can one buy a shoe without trying it out or knowing his size?
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by optional1(f): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2016
I go read when e don reach FP
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by naijaboiy: 8:55am On Dec 16, 2016
wordbank:
Just do whatever that makes u happy
Every other things in marriage will fall in place
Lol really? So if drinking makes you happy you should drink away?

It's not so easy as you think bro, even people who thought they made the right choices still find themselves getting trapped in this marriage wahala. cheesy
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2016
Xensity:
Even if one buys a shoe that is his size, there will come a time when he'd get tired of wearing the same shoe everyday, and he'd need a newer, fresh smelling, more matching one. What's he going to do then?

You also said that in this kind of shoe purchasing enterprise, one doesn't need to try the shoe before wearing it. Why is this so? Would you mind elaborating? Isn't it wiser if someone tested a product before buying it?

Lastly, is the shoe size actually the most important quality to consider when buying a shoe? Your article sort of places it at the fore and above all other qualities like colour, it's subjective attractiveness, and the matching quality. I like to think that these variables are equally as important as it's size.

The shoe size isn't the most important quality to consider when buying a shoe, but the shoe size happens to the determining-factor. No matter how good a shoe happens to suit your taste, if it isn't your size.. It counts for nothing.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2016
WORD!!!

1 Like

Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 16, 2016
unkledavid:

The shoe size isn't the most important quality to consider when buying a shoe, but the shoe size happens to the determining-factor. No matter how good a shoe happens to suit your taste, if it isn't your size.. It counts for nothing.

You didn't address my first and second question.

I don't think it's the determining factor. The nature and value ascribed to the shoe based on it's look and quality, is also as equally important as the size. If size is the most determining factor, then people won't need to buy 10,000 dollar shoes in exotic boutiques. They'd just buy aba made, second hand shoes for 800 naira and go home happy. But that's not the case. Why is this so?
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2016
Xensity:

You didn't address my first and second question.

I don't think it's the determining factor. The nature and value ascribed to the shoe based on it's look and quality, is also as equally important as the size. If size is the most determining factor, then people won't need to buy 10,000 dollar shoes in exotic boutiques. They'd just buy aba made, second hand shoes for 800 naira and go home happy. But that's not the case. Why is this so?

What's the use of a ten thousand dollar shoe you bought from an exotic boutique, that isn't your size?. The other factors are quite good but many-a-time and often.. They'll tell you "if the shoe doesn't fit, you don't buy".
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2016
unkledavid:

What's the use of a ten thousand dollar shoe you bought from an exotic boutique, that isn't your size?. The other factors are quite good but many-a-time and often.. They'll tell you "if the shoe doesn't fit, you don't buy".

Again, you didn't address my first and second question. Please address them.

What's the use of an ugly, off-colour, second-hand shoe, that doesn't match any of your clothes, but sizes you perfectly? With a shoe that isn't your size, you could wear them with shoe pads, but with ugly, off-colour shoes, there is nothing you can do about them.

The problem you are making is that you are privileging shoe size over other equally important qualities, when actually, they are all important criteria that should be considered when buying shoes.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2016
"you get married to someone and after a couple years you'd love to try another person.. Reason 'cause you've gotten so used to the first.. You'd wanna try-out a new feel".

Before you get yourself a shoe of worth, I'm pretty sure you do consider your options. There ain't nothing in life that lasts forever.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2016
Xensity:

Again, you didn't address my first and second question. Please address them.

What's the use of an ugly, off-colour, second-hand shoe, that doesn't match any of your clothes, but sizes you perfectly? With a shoe that isn't your size, you could wear them with shoe pads, but with ugly, off-colour shoes, there is nothing you can do about them.

The problem you are making is that you are privileging shoe size over other equally important qualities, when actually, they are all important criteria that should be considered when buying shoes.

Lol.. There are other very important qualities but always the shoe size is the determining factor.

I don't know much about shoes; if it's got good specs or not.. But I do know the shoe size is the determining factor. All things considered tho.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2016
unkledavid:

Lol.. There are other very good important qualities buy always the shoe size is the determining factor.

I don't know much about shoes; if it's got good specs or not.. But I do know the shoe size is the determining factor. All things considered tho.

Okay. I give up. You win. smiley
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2016
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2016
Xensity:

Hmm.. undecided
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by refiner(f): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2016
Tho I couldn't read it all...

But u made sense... smiley
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by unkledavid: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2016
Will you get yourself a shoe that's got high-grade specs, stylish and more.. Knowing fully well that it isn't your size and it isn't gonna suit you?.

Still you'd love to get it because it looks handy and stylish and it goes well with all you put on.. Only if it fits.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2016
unkledavid:

Hmm.. undecided

Having this discussion with you is a bit exasperating. Just a bit. Because you are deliberately dodging my first two questions and positing disingenuous statements to conform to the thesis of your thread, whilst circumventing every point I raise.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2016
Double posting.
Re: I Love The Analogy Used Here.. by Richest001(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2016
nice 1

(1) (Reply)

How Old Do You Think She Is? / Mother Brought A Man To The House / What We U Do If U Are The One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.