Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,533 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This (925 Views)

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Akin1212(m): 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
No doubt, the origin of the world and life is a complex tree, and it takes a high level of intelligence to discern. But the idea of creation does not explain it to me. When I wasn't educated it did, but it doesn't hit me anymore. Some are too quick to judge me, some are too fast to ask for my head. I guess we came to the world differently, and you cannot go to my hell or my heaven(if they are both real). Some even think something must have happened for me to deny the existence of God. Nope, nothing happened, nothing at all. It just doesn't make sense anymore. Some think I am antichrist, lol. If God doesn't exist, how much more Satan. Is it not the same God who created Satan? We haven't seen any of them before, if the glory of God is too much that we can't behold him, is the glory of Satan also that much that we cannot see him? after all he has been stripped of his glory. This and many more are the things we have thought about that you people haven't bothered to. Religion is a very old philosophical weapon, and its grip on people is magnificent. Have you ever thought why you are a Muslim or a Christian or whatsoever religion you practise? It is just by chance, because you were born into that home, although some have been able to manage to transfer, but only a few. Now let's analyze this. Let's say God prefers Islam and commands that others will go to hell as it is clearly stated in the Koran, it will still be the same God who created Christians, right? Since God knows Christians will perish, why does he continue to create them or drop his creations in Christian families? The same thing goes for Christianity and if God prefers Christianity. I bet you have no explanations than to say we cannot question God. Then question yourself instead, why does he keep creating people that will practise a religion contrary to your religion? So that people can be much in hell fire or what? It just doesn't make sense. Let's start from here.............

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
When I was a kid, I was taught about God, the heavenlies, following his commandments, living a christian or moral life, the bible was read to me, and I was instructed on how to live according to its teachings in church services. I was told the bible was the only authority that held absolute truth, and that the fate of all rest on its pages. Everything was just so perfect.

However as I aged, and witnessed growth and development in all aspects of life, including an advanced reasoning, the world suddenly began to change and I saw things in a new light. My curiosity grew, heightened. I began to ask questions, seeking to know.

I questioned my religious beliefs, and found out that it was greatly flawed after subjecting it to thorough appraisal and logic. For example, the bible claimed God is omniscient, yet he still went ahead to create man, an action he later regretted. Could we now say he was thoughtless? Or he was hoping his 'premonition' would pan out the opposite? But sure, he knows the future. He's all supreme. What he says always happen the way he says it will, because he has the power to make sure of it. And then I thought, "Since God's predictions are always certain, is our world not just a big Movie, the guys behind the scenes laughing at us, our struggles to change things?"

And this same bible also points out the _stupidity in engaging in worthless ventures with no possibilty of bringing yields. God knew this, but refused to heed his own words. Seems he doesn't follow the words he inspired his prophets to write. Hence, the bible is flawed. And this defeats the purpose it seeks to bring to its adherents.

But still, I'm still searching....

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Akin1212(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
You shall definitely find more flaws bro, but keep searching. I hope you hit a plateau soon, very soon. And the fact is there is no truth in any religion that believes there is God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Deicide: 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
Of course Religious Gods Are Flawed Including the Christian God And also The Muslim God but Have You Tried Finding God Outside Religion?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by edebemba(m): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
If in this life only that you have hope, you are of all men the most miserable.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Akin1212(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
Deicide:
Of course Religious Gods Are Flawed Including the Christian God And also The Muslim God but Have You Tried Finding God Outside Religion?
There is no God without religion, if it's not by religion then it's not God
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Deicide: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
Akin1212:

There is no God without religion, if it's not by religion then it's not God

Lol there are So many Religion out there that don't subscribe to the god idea
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Pastafarian: 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
edebemba:
If in this life only that you have hope, you are of all men the most miserable.

can you elucidate on this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by engineerboat(m): 11:38am On Dec 17, 2016
Hanaway:
When I was a kid, I was taught about God, the heavenlies, following his commandments, living a christian or moral life, the bible was read to me, and I was instructed on how to live according to its teachings in church services. I was told the bible was the only authority that held absolute truth, and that the fate of all rest on its pages. Everything was just so perfect.

However as I aged, and witnessed growth and development in all aspects of life, including an advanced reasoning, the world suddenly began to change and I saw things in a new light. My curiosity grew, heightened. I began to ask questions, seeking to know.

I questioned my religious beliefs, and found out that it was greatly flawed after subjecting it to thorough appraisal and logic. For example, the bible claimed God is omniscient, yet he still went ahead to create man, an action he later regretted. Could we now say he was thoughtless? Or he was hoping his 'premonition' would pan out the opposite? But sure, he knows the future. He's all supreme. What he says always happen the way he says it will, because he has the power to make sure of it. And then I thought, "Since God's predictions are always certain, is our world not just a big Movie, the guys behind the scenes laughing at us, our struggles to change things?"

And this same bible also points out the _stupidity in engaging in worthless ventures with no possibilty of bringing yields. God knew this, but refused to heed his own words. Seems he doesn't follow the words he inspired his prophets to write. Hence, the bible is flawed. And this defeats the purpose it seeks to bring to its adherents.

But still, I'm still searching....

Revelation 2:4-5King James Version (KJV)

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Job 11:7-9 (KJV)

7 Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?

8 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

9 The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.

Keep looking for more bibles flaw you will soon find crude oyel
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by engineerboat(m): 11:43am On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

1king 17:
17 And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?

18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalim.

19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.

20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.

21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:

24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.

26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.

27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.

28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.

30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down.

31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:

32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.

33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.

34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.

35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.

36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.

37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.

40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

41 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.

42 So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,

43 And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.

44 And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down that the rain stop thee not.

45 And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.

46 And the hand of the Lord was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 17, 2016
engineerboat:

Revelation 2:4-5King James Version (KJV)

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Job 11:7-9 (KJV)

7 Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?

8 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

9 The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.

Keep looking for more bibles flaw you will soon find crude oyel

Lol. The trees are well visible for the forest to see. The bible is open to all that have eyes to behold. In plain sight. It doesn't task any effort.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by engineerboat(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
Hanaway:

Lol. The trees are well visible for the forest to see. The bible is open to all that have eyes to behold. In plain sight. It doesn't task any effort.

And has the bible had any meaniful impact in your life. Not readinh alone, but understanding and benefiting from the reading and the basic application of biblicak principles and precepts.

Moresore what have you say about the passage above what do you have to say about it
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Deicide: 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
engineerboat:

And has the bible had any meaniful impact in your life. Not readinh alone, but understanding and benefiting from the reading and the basic application of biblicak principles and precepts.

Moresore what have you say about the passage above what do you have to say about it
What about The Quran?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Anas09: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
THANK YOU CHRISTIAN BRETHREN FOR IGNORING INTERNET DEMONS.

THEY ARE ON ASSIGNMENT, WE WON'T HELP THEM.

LET THEM ALONE.

SHALOM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Deicide: 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:
THANK YOU CHRISTIAN BRETHREN FOR IGNORING INTERNET DEMONS.

THEY ARE ON ASSIGNMENT, WE WON'T HELP THEM.

LET THEM ALONE.

SHALOM
Like You just Did Ryt?
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Niflheim(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hindu god----You will go to hell if you eat cow meat, but pig is okay!!!

Muslim god---You will go to hell if you follow the Hindu god and eat pig!!! Cow is okay!!!

Jainism---Do not kill that mosquito or the ebola infested rats!!! Life is sacred!!!

Breatherian---Do not bother eating food"or drinking water!!! Oxygen is the best meal!!!

Pentecostal christian---Do not hire a lawnmower man!!! I shall eat your grass for free!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Deicide: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
Niflheim:
Hindu god----You will go to hell if you eat cow meat, but pig is okay!!!

Muslim god---You will go to hell if you follow the Hindu god and eat pig!!! Cow is okay!!!

Jainism---Do not kill that mosquito or the ebola infested rats!!! Life is sacred!!!

Breatherian---Do not bother eating food"or drinking water!!! Oxygen is the best meal!!!

Pentecostal christian---Do not hire a lawnmower man!!! I shall eat your grass for free!!!
So Dope grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Omudia11: 6:02am On Dec 20, 2016
Jesus the same today, yesterday and forever.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God Self? Read This by Akin1212(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Jesus the same today, yesterday and forever.
He grew from an infant up to 33yrs before his death. So how is he the same?

(1) (Reply)

Zambia Pastor Allegedly Makes Members To 'reach Climax' In Church (photo) / Testimony - Got A Brand New Car From My Boss / If There's No God, Is There A Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.