Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts (10760 Views)

EFCC Reacts To Claims That It Is Only Going After Christian PDP Public Officers / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Agimor(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2016
All these thief thief Senator's self. All they do is to amend laws that would suit their stealing agenda,and at the end of the day receive bogus salaries and allowances for virtually doing nothing.

There's God oh.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by AlphaStyles(m): 9:26am On Dec 17, 2016
Foreign ki ni?
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2016
if you ever had any lingering hopes that the Senate are working for you, I hope this has finally put that to bed.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by quickwitted: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2016
ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by nonjebose(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2016
Just imagine the reason the legislooter gave for the amendment. "The world is a global village". I guess, he must be the village thief that pays a visit to the poor

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Aseneshii: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2016
These men don't even know their duties , they want to share power with president on ministerial appointment, ain't they already doing that ? Are they not the one screening the nominee's for the president to confirmed.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by 2shur: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2016
so they can suck out all dirty deals money into offshore account.
greedy bastardized thieves.
corrupt imbeciles
unrepentant billionaires
pot bellied rogues

useless country
daft leaders
old cargo ministers and governors
useless and sensless nation where the most corrupt politicians geh stinkinly richer and the poor is hopeless.

God cursed Nigeria
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by mikewills(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2016
Guys. Reality is that the senator is right. I have never worked in government but I have 3 foreign bank accounts due to schooling and working abroad. Anyone with an international degree definitely has a foreign bank account. Those that have spent some months/years working abroad, definitely have foreign accounts. So it doesn't make sense to me to close accounts I've had for over 10 years just because I have one government appointment. The law is outdated. It's a relic of the 1960s when it was difficult to trace fund movements.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Tculest: 9:51am On Dec 17, 2016
seunmsg:
Greedy, corrupt and self serving senators. All these ridiculous amendments to the constitution that they are proposing will end up as trash just like that of the 7th senate under David Mark. It will not work.
. These legilistives knw how to handle d gullible Nigerians. They wil bring sumtin gud 2day b4 u knw it they bring sumtin bad 2mao and bring anoda gud tin to cova 4 d bad .it's d same u pipu dat wil praise dem. U pipu shud wake up

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
And with the crop of law makers we av entrenched in corruption and live their lives in it. It's still well for u in ur ivory tusk of tour to support it. Are u the son of a senator
mikewills:
Guys. Reality is that the senator is right. I have never worked in government but I have 3 foreign bank accounts due to schooling and working abroad. Anyone with an international degree definitely has a foreign bank account. Those that have spent some months/years working abroad, definitely have foreign accounts. So it doesn't make sense to me to close accounts I've had for over 10 years just because I have one government appointment. The law is outdated. It's a relic of the 1960s when it was difficult to trace fund movements.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Tculest: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2016
babdap:
House of thieves at it again headed by Chief thief himself.
. Same u pipu wil praise dem 2mao.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Tculest: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Saraki, today he fights for the masses, tomorrow he fights for corruption smh. Very unstable and feeble minded senators angry
. Exactly my point . They knw wat they are doing to please u gullible Nigerians. See,2mao they wil bring anoda gud tin and Nigerians wil fall 4 dem again. They are like a devil

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by ezeegolimited30(m): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2016
God forbid bad tin
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Tculest: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2016
mikewills:
. God wil deal wit u for us. Thief
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by mikewills(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2016
jaybillionaire:
And with the crop of law makers we av entrenched in corruption and live their lives in it. It's still well for u in ur ivory tusk of tour to support it. Are u the son of a senator

Well, you can hide from reality for all I care. The same people that want people with international exposure and pedigree to run institutions in this country are crying about foreign accounts. Very funny. You think Okonjo and Obi in their days at World Bank didn't have foreign accounts? How were the getting their salaries. You think Amina Mohammed in her days as UN under sec didn't have a foreign bad account? You think all those Goldman sachs and Wellsfargo people running your finance and planning ministries don't have foreign bank account? Or even the ex oil company people now working in your National Assembly don't have foreign bank accounts?. There's no Nigerian today working in an international oil company here in Nigeria that doesn't have some sort of foreign bank account. Their jobs one way or the other cycles them through the US , UK, Middle East or Far East. Are you saying they should close their accounts because of a short term public service job? Guy smell the coffee abeg. This is not 1960s.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Wolexdey(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Hmmm...

These people will soon invite the wrath of GOD upon themselves sooner than later.

I pity their generations. They lack understanding.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by nosmassam(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2016
SENATOR TO PAY A LAW,FOR ALL MEMBER OF THE ASSEMBLY TO INVEST IN MMM
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Wolexdey(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2016
vodutive:
if you ever had any lingering hopes that the Senate are working for you, I hope this has finally put that to bed.

Hmmmm

So true
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Nellybii: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2016
No
EXLOVER:
PLEASE NAIRALANDERs I NEED YOUR HELP O

I'm writing a professional examination and the number 1 compulsory question which carries 60marks is very difficult for me to answer and the lecturer even ask us to use our phones to answer the question, but have search everywhere still not finding any answer. so i decided to drop the question here... the question is -

1) Name 10 achievement by the current Buhari's aadministration.

quote me if you hAVE the answer please

Look at your terrible English.
10 achievement indeed. What professional exam are you writing? I bet it is for the institute of wailing wailers.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Wolexdey(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2016
nonjebose:
Just imagine the reason the legislooter gave for the amendment. "The world is a global village". I guess, he must be the village thief that pays a visit to the poor

Hahahaaa...He never anticipate such achievement in his entire life, therefore seeking foreign ways to embezzle

They all remain unwise...Time will tell...
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by jinxet2000: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2016
My friend gerout of here! I believe you are one of those who jumped from primary school to the govt house. This is illiterate analysis. How may American, British, Asian, Ghanaian, camorounian govt official has account in Nigeria? Abi first bank, Gtbank and Co don't want such customers. My friend gerout of here. Keeping putting your no ey away and let others keep spending it for you. Later in life, you will come back to Nigeria to meet the mess the corrupt politicians have put the country.

quote author=mikewills post=52006454]Guys. Reality is that the senator is right. I have never worked in government but I have 3 foreign bank accounts due to schooling and working abroad. Anyone with an international degree definitely has a foreign bank account. Those that have spent some months/years working abroad, definitely have foreign accounts. So it doesn't make sense to me to close accounts I've had for over 10 years just because I have one government appointment. The law is outdated. It's a relic of the 1960s when it was difficult to trace fund movements. [/quote]
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Pennywise(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2016
BUHARI TOO WEAK A LEADER

It is easy to take on individual defenseless citizens, throw them in jail and abuse them because they cant fight back.

But when faced with the possibility of impeachment by a senate, no matter how disorganized and corrupt, Buhari cowers. This is what Buhari was elected to address. We have been shortchanged yet again.

Our messiah is no where in the horizon. Buhari is not the messiah. He wants to be president for as long as possible without rocking the boat.

Buhari has failed us. Union leaders, Civil society, NBA should speak for Nigerians before Saraki and his criminal horde bastardize the constitution.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by mikewills(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2016
jinxet2000:
My friend gerout of here! I believe you are one of those who jumped from primary school to the govt house. This is illiterate analysis. How may American, British, Asian, Ghanaian, camorounian govt official has account in Nigeria? Abi first bank, Gtbank and Co don't want such customers. My friend gerout of here. Keeping putting your no ey away and let others keep spending it for you. Later in life, you will come back to Nigeria to meet the mess the corrupt politicians have put the country.

SMH. For someone who claims to have a "non-illiterate" analysis you need to learn how to understand sentences. My comment included "I've never worked in government" but I guess you were too foggy to see that. Anyway, back to your fluffy comment, yes there are lots of American, British, Asian, Ghanaian, camorounian expatriates who have account in Nigeria. That's obviously where their salaries are paid. At the end of their assignment, they can choose to keep the accounts (for those that have other dealings in Nigeria) or close it (for those that don't think they need it again). If they get into their country's government they can do whatever they want to do with it.
Furthermore, Nigeria is not a centre of commerce for some countries. But for Ghanaians, Cameroonian, Chadians and Nigeriens, it is. And yes their government officials have accounts here.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2016
yeye senators, they will neva fight for the people lai lai except for their pockets
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by ransomed: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2016
This is a confirmation that the Senate is a den of ROBBERS.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by egobetatoday: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2016
three:
There is no sense of sacrifice for the common good with the Nigerian Politician, no altruism, just business and Return on investment!

What are you doing with foreign accounts? why would you justify investing in any country other than yours as an elected Public Official?

#NoChangeHere

Hehehehehehe I'm waiting for the sai Barbarians to chant 'change'.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by bonechamberlain(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2016
Tculest:
. Exactly my point . They knw wat they are doing to please u gullible Nigerians. See,2mao they wil bring anoda gud tin and Nigerians wil fall 4 dem again. They are like a devil
grin u guillible Nigerians" u are not a Nigerian abi, pls am not a guillible Nigerian.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2016
OK now that they currently don't av it, av they not been fulfilling their obligations, and does their job in the national assembly still cycle them tru those countries u mentioned Due to their avarice they r bound to use it as an ungodly conduit in their looting which everyone knows. Not until they earn the trust of Nigerians, they should maintain the status quo. angry
mikewills:

Well, you can hide from reality for all I care. The same people that want people with international exposure and pedigree to run institutions in this country are crying about foreign accounts. Very funny. You think Okonjo and Obi in their days at World Bank didn't have foreign accounts? How were the getting their salaries. You think Amina Mohammed in her days as UN under sec didn't have a foreign bad account? You think all those Goldman sachs and Wellsfargo people running your finance and planning ministries don't have foreign bank account? Or even the ex oil company people now working in your National Assembly don't have foreign bank accounts?. There's no Nigerian today working in an international oil company here in Nigeria that doesn't have some sort of foreign bank account. Their jobs one way or the other cycles them through the US , UK, Middle East or Far East. Are you saying they should close their accounts because of a short term public service job? Guy smell the coffee abeg. This is not 1960s.
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by Ehinmola(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
This is a self serving bill. Note that as of now, the lawmakers are stealing constituency fund without impunity. If the bill is passed, nigeria will be in trouble. PMB cannot even account for the constituency fund paid in naira to the lawmakers. Tell me what will happen if the lawmakers are allowed to operate foreign account?. Surely you know the answer
Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by bayelsaowei(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
AntiWailer:
Eh yah

ARMED Robbers making laws.

It is very sad.

These guys are playing with revolution.

Saraki has altered the constitution in line with his ongoing trials.

Buhari is too weak to tackle these people. shocked shocked

They are what Obasanjo called them. "BUNCH OF WASTE AND CRIMINALS"

it is sweet to put criminality in our constitution.

one thing buhari should have considered before becoming a democratic president was shared power especially amongst the executive,judiciary and legislative arms of government..

Buhari thought that he was just going to make things go just the way he wants...

Involving stakeholders and managing them is the best way to go in democracy..

Buhari should learn that fast

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts by mikewills(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
jaybillionaire:
OK now that they currently don't av it, av they not been fulfilling their obligations, and does their job in the national assembly still cycle them tru those countries u mentioned Due to their avarice they r bound to use it as an ungodly conduit in their looting which everyone knows. Not until they earn the trust of Nigerians, they should maintain the status quo. angry

My brother they all have foreign accounts. And yes their jobs in the National Assembly still cycle them through those countries. All the plenty workshops, symposia and delegate meetings they always attend requires paying the estacodes they receive into an account they can easily access when they travel. The law is archaic and unenforceable. What we need to focus on is strengthening the financial monitoring institutions and regulations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives / Roads: We Have N431 Billion Ready For Collection, Umahi Tells Contractors / Nigeria’s FX Reserves Drop To $32bn — Lowest Level In Six Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.