Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! (4894 Views)

I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / My Wife Saw A Female Unclad Pics On My Ipad / Could My Dirty Past Be Haunting Me? Please Help Before I Go Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 12:32am On Nov 16, 2009
My brother died and was buried seven years ago. We were inseparable in those days and I almost believed my life was also coming to an end. Often times I wished I could see him again, just one more time to tell him how much I loved him and missed him, how badly I hurt and how things are just not the same without him. But time they say heal wounds and in years to follow I was my old bubbling self again with sweet memories of him.

You can then imagine my shock coming face to face with him on an International flight. I was seated right next to him. I fainted when I got to my seat and saw him and it took the flight crew some time to revive me and assist me to my seat of course next to him. I was still shaking all over when one of the flight attendants jokingly said to him "keep an eye on her now, will you", and he replied "sure". He spoke to the hostess, she saw him too! he made himself visible to her!

I looked at him again and he smiled at me. I couldn't have mistaken that smile I've missed so much, those lovely set of teeth! I didn't know what to say I just introduced myself and gave excuses for fainting. "It's OK", he said, smiling again "you looked like you saw a ghost". He then introduced himself and all through the flight I learnt a lot of other things about about him, his family, childhood etc.

And what do you know? He turned out to be my half brother, whom I never knew existed or met. He carries a photograph of my dad in his wallet. He was born exactly the same year as my late brother, anybody would have taken them for identical twins had my brother not passed away. You see, I grew up with my parents in a house full of love that is why this is so shocking and not once did my father mentioned him or his mum.

I never told him much about me during the flight, I was still in shock to do so, so he had no inkling of who I am. I just let him do the talking most of the time. Now I think of him all of the time.  What do I do now? I have his number and email.

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by prittigrrr(f): 12:36am On Nov 16, 2009
email him and tell him your story
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by r231(m): 1:11am On Nov 16, 2009
scary
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by bintab(f): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2009
coolier:

My brother died and was buried seven years ago. We were inseparable in those days and I almost believed my life was also coming to an end. Often times I wished I could see him again, just one more time to tell him how much I loved him and missed him, how badly I hurt and how things are just not the same without him. But time they say heal wounds and in years to follow I was my old bubbling self again with sweet memories of him.

You can then imagine my shock coming face to face with him on an International flight. I was seated right next to him. I fainted when I got to my seat and saw him and it took the flight crew some time to revive me and assist me to my seat of course next to him. I was still shaking all over when one of the flight attendants jokingly said to him "keep an eye on her now, will you", and he replied "sure". He spoke to the hostess, she saw him too! he made himself visible to her!

I looked at him again and he smiled at me. I couldn't have mistaken that smile I've missed so much, those lovely set of teeth! I didn't know what to say I just introduced myself and gave excuses for fainting. "It's OK", he said, smiling again "you looked like you saw a ghost". He then introduced himself and all through the flight I learnt a lot of other things about about him, his family, childhood etc.

And what do you know? He turned out to be my half brother, whom I never knew existed or met. He carries a photograph of my dad in his wallet. He was born exactly the same year as my late brother, anybody would have taken then for identical twins had my brother not passed away. You see, I grew up with my parents in a house full of love that is why this is so shocking and not once did my father mentioned him or his mum.

I never told him much about me during the flight, I was still in shock to do so, so he had no inkling of who I am. I just let him do the talking most of the time. Now I think of him all of the time. What do I do now? I have his number and email.
Wow,i was speechless when i read your story.Dear take heart,call him and let him know you.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by chika98: 7:38am On Nov 16, 2009
This is very scary. Do call him and let him know
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by SeanT21(f): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2009
call him. He's your bro. Start a relationship
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by mavenbox: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2009
@SeanT21: Are you mad at me? sad cry cry
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by SeanT21(f): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
mavenbox:

@SeanT21: Are you mad at me? sad cry cry

huh who U?? undecided
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by chosen04(f): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
prittigrrr:

chika98:

This is very scary. Do call him and let him know

Poster,
Dont ff any of the above post.
If your parents cant tell you about his existence! then pretend that you dont also know of his existence. You can communicate but dont tell him your story yet. There is still a lot of hidden truth you will discover at the end

Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by prittigrrr(f): 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
I advised that you tell him because it was clearly God's will that you meet, especially since you grieved so much over your late brother. Take him as a gift from God. Neither of u has sinned.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by ubiaa5(f): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
talk to ur dad first, who knows he might not even know he has a son out there,let him make a confirmation first before u pursue a relationship.wow  scary but gdluck.

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
SeanT21:

call him. He's your bro. Start a relationship

Is it that easy? thanks all the same.

prittigrrr:

I advised that you tell him because it was clearly God's will that you meet, especially since you grieved so much over your late brother. Take him as a gift from God. Neither of u has sinned.

I thought as much!

ubiaa5:

talk to your dad first, who knows he might not even know he has a son out there,let him make a confirmation first before u pursue a relationship.wow  scary but gdluck.

That's the saddest part. He passed away too.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by ubiaa5(f): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2009
@coolier im sori abt ur dad,dont know what to say,maybe you should go ahead and get to know him,maybe its Gods doing that he came into ur life at this point.tak k.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by kolaoloye(m): 10:17am On Nov 17, 2009
@OP
Before you embark on anything please pray very well and ask God for the right decision.
I believe that "THE STEP OF THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BEEN ORDERED BY THE LORD". Good luck.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by kokoA(m): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2009
He could be your late brother's ghost oh, gat to be very sure before you make any move. You wanna confirm if he is a ghost or not? Call on me I will tell you.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by ayomidej(f): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
I guess you can email me but you should confront your parents and find out the real truth, if you have a half brother or not
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by echobee(f): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
confront ur daddy first, u said he was holding ur dad pics,maybe ur mum does not know abt it.when ur dad tells u the truth, ur mum can now know abt it. u can now mail him and tell him.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by dominique(f): 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
^^ but she said her dad is late sad.
@coolier
for your brother and half brother to look that alike, then they must be splitting image of your dad. since your father is no longer here to tell you about your long lost brother, why not take it upon yourself and reach out to him. i'm a firm believer in fate and i believe you guys didn't just book the same for nothing, its a sign.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
kokoA:

He could be your late brother's ghost oh, gat to be very sure before you make any move. You wanna confirm if he is a ghost or not? Call on me I will tell you.

Now you're scaring me!

dominique:

^^ but she said her dad is late sad.
@coolier
for your brother and half brother to look that alike, then they must be splitting image of your dad. since your father is no longer here to tell you about your long lost brother, why not take it upon yourself and reach out to him. i'm a firm believer in fate and i believe you guys didn't just book the same for nothing, its a sign.

I suppose u're right there!
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by kiwi992(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hi,

I have a strong feeling that it was the ghost of your late brother manifesting itself to you.  Remember, you were missing him terribly.  He was only there to comfort you as a loved one and to let you know that he is always with you in spirit.  This happens to people that have lost loved ones whom they miss so much or indeed, think about a lot.  I speak from personal experience.

Spirits are NOT there to harm anybody.  There's no need to get scared.  None, whatsoever!  Just be very strong and thank God (or Allah) for the sighting.  Your late brother wouldn't manifest himself to you anymore (physically or in a dream) if he thinks that you are scared.

The telephone number that he gave to you would probably turn out not to be working or something like that, and so is the e-mail address.  On the other hand, either could be a channel of communication between the living and the dead.  Don't bother to open the line of communication because you don't know what that could lead to.  Don't!  That said, spirits always have a way of communicating with the living.      

Pray for your late brother's soul so that it may rest in perfect peace.  Pray to God (or Allah) so that his soul may find peace and that he should remain where he is and for you to remain where you are.  In so doing, you are helping free his spirit to move on to the other side so that it may find peace and not linger on this earth, as well as drawing the line between the two of you.  Do NOT pine for him anymore - rather, you should feel blessed for the sighting and leave it at that, inorder to free his soul from this earth.    

Lastly, my advice is not to discuss the sighting with any member of your family.  It might just turn out that your dad hasn't got any love child.  It probably would freak everyone out, causing un-necessary pain, knowing that your late brother's soul is still lingering on this earth.

Be very strong and DO NOT GET SCARED.  Getting scared would only make things worse for you.  As I said before, I speak from personal experience.

kiwi992.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
kiwi992:

I have a strong feeling that it was the ghost of your late brother manifesting itself to you. 
kiwi992.

This 'ghost' sat next to me for close to seven hours! He spoke to me, ate and drank, watched a film and went to sleep and woke up again at a point. Everybody saw him. No, this is not a ghost, usually not everybody would see the ghost except the person it appears to. And ghosts don't stay for that long, they only appear briefly and disappear.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by amebono1: 12:56am On Nov 21, 2009
i have never been this speechless
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by kiwi992(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
Hi,

coolier:

This 'ghost' sat next to me for close to seven hours! He spoke to me, ate and drank, watched a film and went to sleep and woke up again at a point. Everybody saw him. No, this is not a ghost, usually not everybody would see the ghost except the person it appears to. And ghosts don't stay for that long, they only appear briefly and disappear.

If you now feel that the person you saw wasn't a ghost, then so be it.  Afterall, it was you who said you saw a ghost and that he was now haunting you.  I didn't - you said it.  I was merely advising you.  You can either take the advice or leave it.

That said, you'd be surprised as to the different forms that the departed can manifest themselves to the living.

Yes, a ghost can most definitely manifest itself in human form, sit next to you for hours and hours on end and be seen by others (oh yes!!), do all sorts of things with you - eat, chat, play chess with you (just like a human), whistle at you through your computer, whistle in your ears, ask you for a lift, sit next to you in your car whilst driving alone or with others in the car, send you cryptic messages, warn you about future events, tell you off, help you, indeed, befriend and look after you, and so on and so forth.  Oh yes! Strange but very true.

I think I know quite a bit about ghosts.  Read my posting at the Muslim Forum and make what you like of it.  What you'll read there is just a tip of the iceberg - believe it or not.  Others are best not mentioned.

kiwi992.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2009
Just calm down and let your nerves be at rest, then call him, get to know more about him before revealing your identity to him, don't open up yet until you know more about him, where he works, where he stays and how long he has been working or staying in these places.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2009
kiwi992:

Hi,

If you now feel that the person you saw wasn't a ghost, then so be it.  Afterall, it was you who said you saw a ghost and that he was now haunting you.  I didn't - you said it.  I was merely advising you.  You can either take the advice or leave it.

I used the word 'ghost' as in, in quotes and 'haunting' as in I think of him all the time, I feel like calling him, it bothers me.

kiwi992:

That said, you'd be surprised as to the different forms that the departed can manifest themselves to the living.

Yes, a ghost can most definitely manifest itself in human form, sit next to you for hours and hours on end and be seen by others (oh yes!!), do all sorts of things with you - eat, chat, play chess with you (just like a human), whistle at you through your computer, whistle in your ears, ask you for a lift, sit next to you in your car whilst driving alone or with others in the car, send you cryptic messages, warn you about future events, tell you off, help you, indeed, befriend and look after you, and so on and so forth.  Oh yes! Strange but very true.

Now 'am sacred again! Maybe I should call him just to be sure. And if he is a real ghost will he answer my call?
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by Bim4u: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2009
if u're scared about calling him,why don't u let a friend call him on ur behalf first and then pass the phone to u to call.When u want to hand out with him always go with a friend until u're comfortable with him and meet his other family then u can disclose urself more to him.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by Busybody2(f): 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2009
!amebo no1:

Oh how i wish i had a billion dollar to spare, to get Sister Amebo to talk cool
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 9:25am On Nov 22, 2009
Bim4u:

if u're scared about calling him,why don't u let a friend call him on your behalf first

That's not a bad idea, thanks.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by Xorenxo(m): 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2009
I am a scholar in Metaphysis.Your case could be one of Reincarnation of your brother.The christianity we practice has closed our minds and understandings to d truth of d spiritual world and expose us to fears of d unknown.In my practice, I had seen d reincarnated and spoken to several so called `ghost'.Do not despair.email him and ask him 4 details of his life.Do not be afraid if he finally turned out to be your dead brother because there is no death but transformation.Relate with him and u will never regret it.At least u will now know more about death than your Pastor.If u are still afraid contact me through my email.Use d codeword`AJIBOKUSORO'.
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by foyeks2001(f): 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
!amebo no1:

me too oooo

prittigrrr:

that is it, gbammmm
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by prittigrrr(f): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
Any update on this saga?
Re: I Saw A Ghost. Now He's Haunting Me! by coolier(f): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
Oh! I finally summed up the courage to call him and you know what? he's not a ghost after all. We're becoming good friends and getting to know each other, we mail, chat, exchange photos and talk on the phone from time to time and as we do not live in the same country, we plan on meeting again some place this summer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? / T / Pregnant And Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.