Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This (686 Views)

Athiests Have Taken Over The Religion Section! / Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves / ATHIESTS-- The Obama-healthcare Bill Requires Implanted With Chip On Right Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2016
I would just like to ask a simple question... I just thought abt it and decided to share with our athiest friends..

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?

DO U BELIEVE IT CAN MANIFEST IN PEOPLE'S LIVES?

Hopefullandlord Hardmirror Seun Lennycool EyehateGod

All athiests pls come in
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by HardMirror(m): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:
I would just like to ask a simple question... I just thought abt it and decided to share with our athiest friends..

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?

All athiests pls come in
I don't believe in curses. I don't believe in anything that has no practical application. I have many people I wish I cld curse and the curse wld manifest, but unfortunately it does not work. Curse our corrupt politicians as much as you want, it simply does not work. Even if something bad happens to them it is not the curse, bad things can happen to anyone at any time forget curses.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by johnydon22(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?
no

All athiests pls come in

no
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by hahn(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?

All athiests pls come in

Let's try and see

In the name of Lucifer may you and everyone in your family catch ebola before 6pm

Amen

Satan be praised

Now, let us sit back and see what happens

smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
hahn:

Let's try and see

In the name of Lucifer may you and everyone in your family catch ebola before 6pm

Amen

Satan be praised

Now, let us sit back and see what happens

smiley
dis was not wat i meant... Oga
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
johnydon22:
no

no
why... Take for example a boy who is highly notorious and causes pain to his parents who in turn curse him becus of his acts, dont u think dis curses will manifest
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
HardMirror:

I don't believe in curses. I don't believe in anything that has no practical application. I have many people I wish I cld curse and the curse wld manifest, but unfortunately it does not work. Curse our corrupt politicians as much as you want, it simply does not work. Even if something bad happens to them it is not the curse, bad things can happen to anyone at any time forget curses.
i understand what u are sayin...

But i want u to consider a child was is notorious and causes problems and pain to his parents dat makes them cry and they in turn curse dis child, with NATURE bearin witness... Do u think d curses would be void
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by johnydon22(m): 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:
why... Take for example a boy who is highly notorious and causes pain to his parents who in turn curse him becus of his acts, dont u think dis curses will manifest

Nope... No matter how intense an emotional expression is, doesn't make anything true

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by frank317: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:

A highly notorious boy is already on a wrong path. The parents cursing him are just reacting to an already doomed life style. They wouldn't curse him if he was good right? The probability of him turning turning out useless is already high even before the curse.
When his parents curse him and he starts manifesting the cursed words of his parents, that's what we called a self fulfilled prophecy in psychology. they take the glory for an already precedented behaviour.

This is what happens when u pray and work hard... If hard work pays off u blame the prayer rather than the hard work.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?

All athiests pls come in
No
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?

All athiests pls come in
Though some atheist might believe in curses or the supernatural. I do not believe curses have any effect whatsoever aside from psychological. Which may later affect the individual cursed upon.
If a child is regularly cursed by his parents or elders for being bad and he one day becomes unsuccessfull he could blame it on those curses and be less likely to fight it as he now sees his failures as unavoidable. It doesn't mean they affected him through supernatural means.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by Wilgrea7(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
where is hopefullandlord?
I'm one of his fans
tongue
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by JackBizzle: 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
As an atheist, I don't believe in curses.

But whosoever still puts money in MMM thinking that it will come back in 2017 IS CURSED WITH MUMU-ISM.

grin
Re: I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This by donnffd(m): 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smallville10:

DO U BELIEVE IN CURSES?

All athiests pls come in

No...not at all

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of Sin-consciousness / Did Jesus Really Exist?..historicity Vs Mysticity Of The Existence Of Jesus / Jesus Christ Of Nazareth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.