Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” (2463 Views)

10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text / Guy Waits For 4 Years To Ask A Girl Out (Hilarious Photo) / Ladies This Is How To Ask A Nigerian Guy Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by asekinahloveth(f): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Some guys are too nervous to ask their crush out in person, why not ask her out over text instead!

It’s a new era – people are texting each other nudes, snap chatting their dinner, and catching Pokemon. I mean, why not ask someone out over text? Maybe you briefly met them, or you get nervous while trying to call them. Listen, at the end of the day, you have to do what makes you feel comfortable. If you have no idea how to ask a girl out over text, just follow these simple steps, and it’s practically impossible for you to go wrong!

How to ask a girl out over text

If texting is your thing, then it’s the way to ask a girl out. But, getting “lol” or “k” as a response isn’t going to cut it. So, since your phone is now anxiously in your hand, let’s see how to ask a girl out over text – and get a yes.

#1. Start with a strong opening

Don’t just send her a text that says, “hey” or even worse, “heyyy.” Come on man, you’re better than that. I know, deep down, you’re full of topics and conversation starters. If you send a one-worded text, you’re going to get a one worded reply – if you’re lucky.

If a guy just texts me “hey,” odds are I won’t reply unless we’re already friends. And even then, I know this conversation won’t be interesting. Where can you go from there? Here you go. This is what happens:

“Hey”

“Hey”

“What’s up?”

“Watching a movie, you?”

“Just chillin’ lol”

“Lol”

And end of scene.

I imagine your eyes were slowly closing while reading that because mine were while typing it. It’s dull and lame. Start with a good opener. Ask if she’s watched a new movie that’s come out, or mention something funny or weird that happened to you. Whatever it is, please, just don’t make it a one-worded text.

#2. Feel the mood

If you’re texting her, and you’re feeling that she’s not really feeling the conversation, then abort the mission. I repeat – abort mission. Maybe she’s grumpy or had an argument with her mom. And trust me, if you ask her out during that time, you may not get the answer you want.

Women decide things depending on our emotional state at the time. If a guy asks me out and I’m already in a bad mood, I’m not thinking, “Say yes, because tomorrow you’ll be in a better mood.” No. Never.

In fact, I’m probably wishing for everyone to disappear. So, timing is everything. Don’t all of a sudden stop texting her, but let the conversation die. And then text her later or the next day. That’s one of the things you really need to remember about how to ask a girl out over text.

#3. Keep the conversation going

Okay, so she’s replying, and you’re finally having a conversation with her. Now, you have to keep the conversation going. If she’s a natural talker, then you won’t have any problem carrying on the conversation.

However, if she’s more shy and reserved, ask her questions or find a topic that she’s interested in. If you do some slight research beforehand, find out what she likes so you have an idea of what to bring up if the conversation starts to run dry.

But remember, if this is your first conversation with her *and it’s still a little rigid*, there’s nothing wrong with saving your question for the next conversation. If you rush it, it may feel too forced.

#4. Move towards your goal

You’ve been texting her for a while now, and you’re wondering when you should ask the question. Listen, let the conversation take its natural course. Don’t try to rush through the subjects like you’re ticking them off of the list.

But, before you hang up, remember to ask her out. I mean, that’s why you’re talking to her, right? So, don’t get nervous all of a sudden – you made it through the conversation, so just finish it!

#5. Ask her out

If you’ve been wondering how to ask a girl out over text, then you have to, umm, actually ask her out. If you’re texting her, and there’s all of a sudden an elephant in the room, maybe it’s time for you to pop that question. Not the marriage one. The dating one. Let’s not get that far ahead.

It doesn’t have to be a one-on-one date if you think she’s a little nervous. Ask her to the movies with a group of people. That way, you can have a casual encounter without having the feeling of it being a date.

In fact, she’ll be more willing to come out if she’s with her friends – it’s like a security blanket for her. When she’s more comfortable with you, then ask her out on a solo date so you two can get to know each other more intimately.

#6. Have a plan

Have a plan ready for the date, whether it’s one-on-one or a group event. There’s nothing worse than when a guy asks you out, you say yes, and then he asks you what you would like to do.

You asked me out! I thought you had a plan! This puts us in an awkward position to all of a sudden try and come up with an interesting date idea. We girls need time to prepare for that. And you do, too. So, do a quick search on the internet and see what kind of events are happening around your city.

Maybe there’s a block party or a food festival going on. Have a couple choices ready and let her see which one she’s interested in checking out. Those are much better date ideas than going to see a movie – you can do better than that. So, if you really want to ask this girl out, then at least be somewhat prepared.

#7. Figure out logistics

Don’t let her pick the day and time. Have it ready. I mean, don’t say, “we are meeting tomorrow at 6:00.” That’s a little too dictator-like for us. But say, “I can pick you up tomorrow at 6:00, if that works for you.”

This shows her that you’re able to take charge and actually take a girl out on a proper date. Girls like a man who can take charge of a situation. It gets us going.

Now you can stop wondering how to ask a girl out over text. It really isn’t as hard as it looks! If you follow these steps, then you’ll have no problem getting her to say yes.

Read More Romantic Updates Here >> http://gistfanatic.com

1 Like

Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Warhawk(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nah..
..Only cowards do ask girls out through Text

1 Like

Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by petux(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
Pack of bull shits.
Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by YUNGLURD(m): 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
I think mr seun should provide "cancel" button to erase unnecessary post.
Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Bizgold: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
Good used Iphone 5s

color: silver

capacity: 64g internal memory

Conditions: working perfectly

Ba3 status: moderate, but Not as New

Non negotiable price N 57,000

Serious buyer: whatapp/ call 081 69498907

purpose of selling: have changed to Iphone 7

Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Sexxkillz: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
I don't know if it's just me, but there's something i think about girls that say "YES" instantly. . .

I feel that any rational human being wouldn't be in a rush to do anything, especially the issues of relationships. How do you say yes without thinking the situation over? Any girl that says yes instantly is fickle minded and has no plan. It's the same category of girls that'll bail at any slight shake to the foundation of her relationship.

A girl who knows what she wants will always take her time to mull over a proposal and ask herself series of important questions before she decides to commit herself by saying yes. . .

What side of the coin are you?

1 Like

Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Ghoster: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sexxkillz:
I don't know if it's just me, but there's something i think about girls that say "YES" instantly. . .

I feel that any rational human being wouldn't be in a rush to do anything, especially the issues of relationships. How do you say yes without thinking the situation over? Any girl that says yes instantly is fickle minded and has no plan. It's the same category of girls that'll bail at any slight shake to the foundation of her relationship.

A girl who knows what she wants will always take her time to mull over a proposal and ask herself series of important questions before she decides to commit herself by saying yes. . .

What side of the coin are you?
Grow some brains!!
Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
If i type now angry
Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Sexxkillz: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
Ghoster:
Grow some brains!!
The brains i have, your entire generation - past, present and future- do not, and will never have one tenth of my brains. . . read that slowly as you glide the fuck_ out of my mentions as i would rather converse with a piece of firewood, than reply you again.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Ghoster: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sexxkillz:

The brains i have, your entire generation - past, present and future- do not, and will never have one tenth of my brains. . . read that slowly as you glide the fuck_ out of my mentions as i would rather converse with a piece of firewood, than reply you again.

Cheers.
So says an Albino who was abandoned at childhood by his ne'er-do-well parents.... Make enough cash and go find ur father , maybe he will tell you the genesis of your madness, incompetent nincompoop

2 Likes

Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
na during those 2go era's wet girls dey agree to date persin online..my friend you better delete this shit before I ..........lol
Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
33bandit:
na during those 2go era's wet girls dey agree to date persin online..my friend you better delete this shit before I ..........lol

those era thoo... na there i spoil...
Re: Want To Ask A Girl Out Over Text? Here Are 7 Steps To An Instant “yes” by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
joshysmartie:

those era thoo... na there i spoil...
..lol baba I so much loved that app .mehn alotta pipo gather experience no be small

(1) (Reply)

What This Girl Did To Me That Made Me Hate Girls(part 2) / Enquiry about alleged Scam / When An Asia Man Try To Help Children In Needs But End Up Been Mocked (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.