Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man (76355 Views)

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Marriage Ceremony Gone Sour As Bride Is Found To Be HIV Positive / Wedding Cancelled As Fire Kills Groom's Mother, Injures Others In Abia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by HMZi: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2016
classic.......haha....its just pami,Drink!!!!!"
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Adedotuntemi: 1:06am On Dec 18, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] ;Dlaughing in Cotonou way ;Dlaughing in Cotonou way
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Lamipee(m): 1:19am On Dec 18, 2016
TrapQueen77:
shocked

May I ask... Is palm wine an alcoholic drink? shocked undecided

Lool, se you wan epp am drink am ni
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Mayflowa(m): 1:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Laveda:
Insecured men everywhere. undecided why ask her to swearr when she has a conscience that will judge her when she eventually cheats?

That was just unnecessary.

So very bad to ask anyone to swear. Swear to what and to who? Who wud dish her the punishment of her inadherence?Some spiritual force? That is a wrong way to start a marriage of voluntary commitment. She could sue the groom''s family for "trial by ordeal".

By the way, why is it only the woman that is to swear? Let the man also swear and see who goes down first!

Very annoying. I just wish women will stop bein needy of men. Their pride is becoming too much. After marriage, many are not able to take care of their families even. Just go to local market and see how women with husbands labor their lives away. Many of the men settle down to bear parlour.

Mtchewwwww!

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by discman2k2(m): 1:44am On Dec 18, 2016
Hahahah folks these days.
Abeg click "like " if u think the girl is ALREADY A RUNS GURL, or "Share " if u think SHE'S JST PLAIN RELIGIOUS.
Haba!!!
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by discman2k2(m): 1:51am On Dec 18, 2016
klax:

Sorry in your culture creating is acceptable or a celebrating thing

Why did she went that far of arranging wedding when is not fully satisfy with flirting That is an act of coward. Last time bride ran out of her wedding venue for sighting a bloody runaway ghost called her fiancee. If you know in your heart you are not ready for marriage don't even talk about it talk less of planning it, executed it and on the final seal you turned it down doing such no man should take you serious ever it simply an act of coward.

Bros, i bow gor ur Grammar. Kai, English suppose take u to "Language Court ", Haba, na by force to speak Englis?! Use pidgin if u no sabi abeg.

.... all na joke oh, no mind me bro.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 18, 2016
tellwisdom:
Nigerian women abi??
noo lebanese
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by purple3091: 2:38am On Dec 18, 2016
BrutusOj:
When you don't know something, ask questions to be informed. it is not like the lady was asked to take an oath. just like the Christian wedding in the church normally have the part where both couple pledge fidelity to each other, some ethnic groups in Nigeria like Idoma(ogbadibos) in Benue, the esan in Edo... always ask the bride to take a kola nut and pledge her fidelity to her husband alone.Once the lady eat the kola, she is bound to her husband alone, if she go off her way and play any away match and the hubby isn't aware, she will face the consequences of the god of her hubby's people. And if the hubby is aware and doesn't act fast, OYO is his case, he is to face the wrath of the god of his people. Don't ask me why it is only the wife that is to remain faithful, cos we are talking about African tradition here which allows a man to have more than one wife, hence he own no one apology for going for another kpekus
POINT 1:as one poster rightfully said this is simply about men being insecure [that just as he approaches other women his woman can be approached same] and jealousy[that a woman can easily get more intimacy partners than men]...therefore men created all sorts of myths about what would happen if she cheats among other terrible things created/done by men....POINT 2:i am idoma,did the kola tradition thing,do cheat on my husband and have for years,so nothing happens ,has happenned or will happen to me because like many african myths&traditions created by men,its a lie created to induce fear in woman!!!POINT 3: on the african tradition thing,if you are one of those believing in african traditions then please follow african tradition and discard all things un-african(like phones,modern clothes,internet,electricity,cars,books etc) or else you are a hypocrite and contradicting!do you agree?...the point about point 3 is if you claim to follow african tradition(s) then follow it all,dont pick & choose which parts to follow and which not to follow...

6 Likes

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by 1metre: 2:54am On Dec 18, 2016
bbmpin:
There are so many things that you need to take into consideration before judging her action!

How true is the story?(Nigerian bloggers create and inflate stories to drag traffic)

Is she "in"love with him?
Did she really want to marry him? (maybe she needed an excuse to walk away)

Then you also have to look at things "religiously"

Its very possible that she is a "devoted christian" and didn't want to commit herself to such fetish crap (very plausible)

Women are usually faithful in marriage naturally, doesn't make any sense at all for her to create doubts about her commitment to her fiance.
I totally disagree with u, I assume that her promiscuous life will be at stake if she takes the oath. To clear her conscience and protect herself and his man from embarrassment, she could hv suggest taking the said oath with her bible. Well I commend her action by walking away, other desperate ladies will take the oath, do the wedding, after a month...Bleep every available man
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Originalsly: 3:27am On Dec 18, 2016
....and what is wrong with her not swearing? ... guess she is just following what the Bible let says.... do not swear.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Exciton(m): 3:30am On Dec 18, 2016
BiggyB242:

Is not insecurity, so many things are happening in this world today no one trust anybody 100%, shine you eye before you say " I thy know". Is to put her on check, guess she had plans of cheating. Girls now marry A because he is financially secured and still string B along cos he is fun to be with.

Hehehehe. Please, I'm "thying" to know, what in Bleep's name is this? grin grin grin grin
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by GENTLETEE(m): 4:05am On Dec 18, 2016
Why should she swear? She did the right thing!
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by fabulous85: 4:18am On Dec 18, 2016
purple3091:
POINT 1:as one poster rightfully said this is simply about men being insecure [that just as he approaches other women his woman can be approached same] and jealousy[that a woman can easily get more intimacy partners than men]...therefore men created all sorts of myths about what would happen if she cheats among other terrible things created/done by men....POINT 2:i am idoma,did the kola tradition thing,do cheat on my husband and have for years,so nothing happens ,has happenned or will happen to me because like many african myths&traditions created by men,its a lie created to induce fear in woman!!!POINT 3: on the african tradition thing,if you are one of those believing in african traditions then please follow african tradition and discard all things un-african(like phones,modern clothes,internet,electricity,cars,books etc) or else you are a hypocrite and contradicting!do you agree?...the point about point 3 is if you claim to follow african tradition(s) then follow it all,dont pick & choose which parts to follow and which not to follow...
madam proud cheater why not divorce ur husband if you dont love him instead of bragging about cheating. SMH

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by LoveDecay(m): 4:39am On Dec 18, 2016
brokenplate:
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat

I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat
I sell goat

Check my profile for details

I need IPOB goat ..... grin
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Mcoldsoja(m): 4:47am On Dec 18, 2016
ObiOmaMu:

.they gave the lady palm wine and told her to swear that she'll sleep with no other man but her husband.. babe no gree talk
And wedding was called off...
like a WEDDING..
and this did not happen in a movie.

Would you say this bride did the right thing?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/nigerian-wedding-bride-refused-swear-sleep-no-other-man.html

Shey de man too fit swear say na onli him wife him go sleep with?
Second base o jare!
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 18, 2016
angelTI:
Why such swearing? What would be her fate if the guy dies or they divorce after the yeye swearing undecided undecided undecided

Excellent question.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 18, 2016
we need proof, the is cheap bloggers tricks in action.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 18, 2016
angelTI:
Why such swearing? What would be her fate if the guy dies or they divorce after the yeye swearing undecided undecided undecided

The family and elders of that kindred know what to do if the man dies. If it's in the case of divorce, the bride price is returned, once that is done she is free to go her way.

In this part of the world, there is a notion that a man acquires a woman due to our method of contracting marriages where the groom is meant to bring several items, make certain payments, make merriment for all to come and witness and celebrate his new acquisition. It is ingrained in our culture. In that regards, the bride is expected to be loyal to the husband who just acquired and showed her off for all to see.

Hope I'm communication "In my teachers voice back in the days"
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by kevoh(m): 5:19am On Dec 18, 2016
purple3091:
I am not quoting you based on your alleged unfaithfulness or otherwise, it's actually none of my business! I am quoting to correct your error of hasty generalisation or misleading opinion. Phones,modern clothes,internet,electricity,cars,books are not unafrican. I disagree completely. What is unafrican are objects/activities that encourage the dying out of previously held good African tradition and culture. The adoption of English/Arabic full names, the practice of Abrahamic religions, banning of the kids from learning or speaking the native tongue at home e.t.c are all actions that are Un-African.

There's nothing wrong in adopting other people's good inventions like Phones, internet, electricity, cars or books, Western cultures also adopt other peoples inventions, so long it does not erode your tradition. I do not see how using the internet or driving a car erode's ones tradition or make it less the tradition. Modern clothes that cover the body well can be also be adopted or modified. There are not harmful. The Japanese take their cultural practice serious but still wear modern day suits in the office. It does not reduce their tradition one bit. A Nigerian female banker will go to work in her suit but turn up at an owambe party on saturday in Ankara or Adire aso-ebi with her friends to celebrate. Traditional culture and practices are meant to evolve while discard the bad/unfriendly practices.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Fhowe: 5:24am On Dec 18, 2016
swear my foot infact she should have and gone ahead to do whatever she likes if her husband is not up to the task.All this myth and tradition ,customs most times dont work something i have researched personally .I am not bring down any tradition or saying one tradition is better than the other i am a yoruba and i have stayed alot of years in Benin the bini people are very traditional and unhold their traditions .And i know of one of their traditions a married woman should not cheat or else her husband would die or her first son would or become useless.I know of a particular couple the wife has been cheating with a close friend of mine and so far so good nothing has happened her husband is well to do and her son is hail and hearty still observing closely so what happened to this tradition is there a time frame and all.If this tradition is for real i think all men in benin should be extinct by now cause of things i see happening on a daily basis .Most marriages in nigeria when it comes to sex i think the women suffer the most cause they make you swear or believe cheating is as bad as the devil .Most men once they are married they change their sex drive becomes low you see a man that was sexually active when dating becomes redundant what do you expect the wife to do, i guess because it becomes too monotonous or boring (personally i have observed this in myself and i am not yet married) when the relationship is new and young it is sexually active with time when you co habit you find yourself not even touching each other for weeks sometimes months .A lot of relationships lack communication we just head into the bedroom and do the thing (nobody bothers to ask or know if the other party is satisfied ) very common in Nigerian relationships cause the man or lady feels it is improper to talk about it or dont want the other party to tag you or her as an ashawo. The one that beats my imagination the most in Nigeria people generally believe only troubled marriages need counseling that is if you even see marriage counselors around even a normal and happy marriage should go for counseling once in a while so you know where you are lacking or what your partner expects of you .Lastly couples should be open to share and discuss their sex life and help one another have a enjoyable sex life not expecting the other person to fill in the gap themselves that is what marriage and sex should be all about not all this swearing and swearing (enjoying sex is not all about the size,duration (as believed by most ) it should be understanding your partners sexual needs and knowing how to satisfy them as it varies in individuals.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by brokenplate: 5:30am On Dec 18, 2016
LoveDecay:

I need IPOB goat ..... grin

We have it bro as far as you ve got the cash
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Apart from religious reasons or the possibility of her losing her husband, swearing to sleep with no man is just taking things way overboard. I mean, c'mon, she may actually have zero intention of cheating, but we never know what tomorrow holds.

She may unprecedentedly end up sleeping with a man who isn't her husband, deliberately or not. She may be raped, she may be trying to save her life. And then what happens, she dies by the swear?
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by princeloba: 5:38am On Dec 18, 2016
since her relative attends the wedding, they should ask her the reason behind her action
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by begwong: 5:47am On Dec 18, 2016
The lady is not in her complete state of mind. Why giving her palmy before the question. She is already intoxicated na.. Silence was the best answer at that stage.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by baby124: 5:55am On Dec 18, 2016
checkengine:

The family and elders of that kindred know what to do if the man dies. If it's in the case of divorce, the bride price is returned, once that is done she is free to go her way.

In this part of the world, there is a notion that a man acquires a woman due to our method of contracting marriages where the groom is meant to bring several items, make certain payments, make merriment for all to come and witness and celebrate his new acquisition. It is ingrained in our culture. In that regards, the bride is expected to be loyal to the husband who just acquired and showed her off for all to see.

Hope I'm communication "In my teachers voice back in the days"
Story. So when saying the Oath why didn't they say till death or divorce? That oath right there does not have expiry date or terms! If you like you can encourage your daughter to go around swearing oaths to a mere human being! Even with God we are careful of the Oaths we make because we know humans are not reliable. The man whose family brought the oath trash should first ask their child to swear and you will see if they won't refuse. Who even knows the bad luck spirit she is bringing into her life by swearing at an alter where she doesn't have an idea what and who she is making a bargain on her own LIFE. Go ahead and be telling your children to swear crazy oaths up and down you hear? That is how cheap the lives of your children should be. So their lord and master can even kill them and they can't find new spouses as long as he's alive.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by metallisc(m): 5:55am On Dec 18, 2016
bbmpin:
There are so many things that you need to take into consideration before judging her action!

How true is the story?(Nigerian bloggers create and inflate stories to drag traffic)

Is she "in"love with him?
Did she really want to marry him? (maybe she needed an excuse to walk away)

Then you also have to look at things "religiously"

Its very possible that she is a "devoted christian" and didn't want to commit herself to such fetish crap (very plausible)

Women are usually faithful in marriage naturally, doesn't make any sense at all for her to create doubts about her commitment to her fiance.

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by basadenet: 6:09am On Dec 18, 2016
This is strange. And if it is true, it shows the lady is a promiscuous person that cant hold body, and it wil bel suicidal if they have allowed the marriage ceremony to continue. Some women are doggy.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2016
I think the people asking her to swear are the stupid ones here.
Lemme ask you, was the man also asked to swear he would NEVER sleep with another woman apart from his wife? This society is just a mess. No equal rights anywhere. The men are allowed to sleep around while the women are not. Stupid people.
Let's say the woman even takes such oath only to discover after marriage that her husband is sterile or impotent. What would your advice be?
These people juz irritate me.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by lonelydora: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2016
meetmonde:
fear of the unknown, what if the hubby dies

Was about saying this.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by son4century(m): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2016
TrapQueen77:
shocked

May I ask... Is palm wine an alcoholic drink? shocked undecided
It's an ethanolic drink
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by basadenet: 6:18am On Dec 18, 2016
1metre:
I totally disagree with u, I assume that her promiscuous life will be at stake if she takes the oath. To clear her conscience and protect herself and his man from embarrassment, she could hv suggest taking the said oath with her bible. Well I commend her action by walking away, other desperate ladies will take the oath, do the wedding, after a month...Bleep every available man
You have said all, but must you cheat on your hubby?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Big" Bride Got Married... See Lovely Pre-wedding And Wedding Photos / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.