Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers (28967 Views)

Killing Of Fulani Herdsmen In Taraba Was Genocide - Nigerian Army General / Senator Abu Ibrahim Escaping Lynching In Katsina (Video) / Senator Abu Ibrahim Escapes Lynching In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by Cromagnon: 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
nextprince:
So after taking the food items he took to them, they wanted to attack him because he had not brought it the previous day and is not as if they were aware of the reason for the delay.
This country is not yet matured for this democracy at all cos soldiers had gone through worse situations and no cases of mutiny.
Some of these military personnel are just civilians in military outfits. no they aren'
They are men who realise that the generals are sharing billions and refuse to be used to make ppl rich
He is lucky I'm not a soldier
We would not have a country by now
Would've used politicians as example

I understand those their back packs and other pouches can carry some food items that will sustain them for some days.
is it not if you're supplied that you will back pack?
If a military man cannot harness little opportunities, what opportunity when your Co has harnessed every including your feeding allowance and doesn't have endurance and discipline[b] why can't the general have endurance and discipline and wait for capital budget before stealing [/b] to the extent of attacking a GOC because food was not supplied for one day for a reason they don't know, what reason
Is the logistic tail under attack
Can you function for two days without food
Why are you spouting this nonsense
Why defend wrong thing
Mtscheew
I wonder where exactly lies the difference between them and my fellow civilians who may soon start demanding for my head.
the difference is they can deliver rapid judgement unlike you civilians that have adapted to suffering
Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by nextprince: 3:30am On Dec 19, 2016
Cromagnon:
the difference is they can deliver rapid judgement unlike you civilians that have adapted to suffering

Read this
zomoears:
1. They were supplied by air, which is not d normal routine.why? My guess,is that circumstances did not favor usual routes,for delivery.
2. GOC accompanied d supplies, which means he takes the welfare serious
3.Soldiers are trained to have endurance and improvise in times like these
4. The delay was not more than 48 hours, which means it was not that bad
5. Use of an airforce craft requires clearance from d airforce hierarchy. Though they work together,clearance is still required. Even if u are a general, u cant just walk to a pilot and say "make we de go sambisa".
D army general used an airforce platform to deliver supplies, tells me he went to extra miles.
Kudos.

And when u are done with that, read this also.
Apina:

Tnk u bro. Am presently at the barracks in Maiduguri and am yet to hear any of such news. Most information being circulated by the media is false and from my interaction with peeps who have had first hand experience of this book haram saga, am made to believe that the present GOC is the reason why Maiduguri is safer than it used to be. I was in church with the GOC today and all I can say is that the people love him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by nextprince: 3:36am On Dec 19, 2016
being:

[s]Will u shut up?!!! What do you mean by we are not matured for democracy? What the heck exactly does a military man know about goverance? And u r here talking gibberish cos of your superiority complex and merciless childhood! We wouldn't be where we are in this country had the military not intervened since the sixties.!! Pls don't u ever think that a society has to be like the regimented and loveless barracks you grew up in for the society to function smoothly[/s].

Chill bro, I'm not a military personnel but because of people like you, this country needs a focused leader with the heart of a lion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by nextprince: 4:02am On Dec 19, 2016
Apina:

Tnk u bro. Am presently at the barracks in Maiduguri and am yet to hear any of such news. Most information being circulated by the media is false and from my interaction with peeps who have had first hand experience of this book haram saga, am made to believe that the present GOC is the reason why Maiduguri is safer than it used to be. I was in church with the GOC today and all I can say is that the people love him.

@ blazer234, pls take a look at this. Also, u need to understand that whenever there is any unusual event or whatsoever, it is necessary for the authorities concerned to make public statements to either confirm or refute it. The statement of the NA is for the records and not for u to either believe or not to believe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by tiswell(m): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2016
being:

Shut up! You go and fight without food for days knowing it's intentional and see how it feels.
The flip side though is why can't they leave the military honorably?
any proof to show it was intentional? Don't say what you are not sure of

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by tiswell(m): 9:14am On Dec 19, 2016
brownhawk:
elasticity of strength is an advantage but cmon treating him like a trash knowingly is wrong... if u knew more about leadership u would agree with that probably 'iPod yoot '
No soja has been treated like trash by the authorities in Nigeria,just that some crop of Nigerian sojas are so easily tempered,not so in other saner climes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by brownhawk: 8:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
tiswell:
No soja has been treated like trash by the authorities in Nigeria,just that some crop of Nigerian sojas are so easily tempered,not so in other saner climes.
easily tempered. right. no matter how crazy a soldier is. effective communication and civilized approach will disarm him. I have experience in this manner
Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by Cromagnon: 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
nextprince:

Read this
1. They were supplied by air, which is not d normal routine.why? My guess,is that circumstances did not favor usual routes,for delivery.
only special forces are supplied by air, my friend
Where there are no Roberto's bridges taken out (engineers work by the way) this is not an excuse

2. GOC accompanied d supplies, which means he takes the welfare serious generals should be concerned with strategy
Not micro managing

3.Soldiers are trained to have endurance and improvise in times like these[b] yeah, when resources are actually not available, but not while others are feeding fat [/b]
4. The delay was not more than 48 hours, which means it was not that bad[b] have you ever had to fight hungry knowing that others are spending your money, I have
Its not a good feeling [/b]
5. Use of an airforce craft requires clearance from d airforce hierarchy. Though they work together,clearance is still required. Even if u are a general, u cant just walk to a pilot and say "make we de go sambisa". this shows more bad leadership
Also what is wrong with the generals trucks
And we saw in the armed forces
The way and manner you achieve the objective is entirely your business
Commandeer private vehicles
Arrange donkeys
Nobody cares
Just get it done
And bring your troops home

D army general used an airforce platform to deliver supplies, tells me he went to extra miles.
Kudos.
no he just wasted scarce resources
But I don't expect you to understand
Is he saying Boko still controls the roads in the north east
Then he is not ready

And when u are done with that, read this also.
I agree I may have jumped the gun with the first info in today's era of fake news but those of us who have served and still have mates seniors and juniors dying from the callousness of the top brass know what they're capable of
Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by tit(f): 12:26am On Dec 20, 2016
i heard that a fellow sargeant slapped the foolish general before his bodyguard rushed him into the helicopter.
the boys that came to the LZ had been disarmed. with the hq battalion securing the perimeter.
Before more angry boys could arrive from outside, the coward general had run away.
Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by Blue3k(m): 12:31am On Dec 20, 2016
tit:
i heard that a fellow sargeant slapped the foolish general before his bodyguard rushed him into the helicopter.
the boys that came to the LZ had been disarmed. with the hq battalion securing the perimeter.
Before more angry boys could arrive from outside, the coward general had run away.

Lol not even possible. That would get the Sargeant kicked out millitary. Along with string of other punishments. I doubt anyone in their natural mind especially a fellow officer would do that unless the had rabies.
Re: Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 20, 2016
Atiku2019:
2019 Observation
dis ur comment 'observation' on every thread is already stale.guy abeg return the crumbles of naira atiku gave to u. Atiku no fit become 'pre' not to talk of president of nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos) / Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People / US, UK Decline Kanu’s Request As Observers At Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.