Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha (18812 Views)

Lauretta Onochie: Apostle Suleman's Omega Fire Ministries Replies Buhari's Aide / Fatai Owoseni Controls Traffic In Ikorodu (Photos) / My Wife Controls 4 Ministries In My Government – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by ivandragon: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, has revealed that, in his administration, the wife, Nkechi Okorocha, has control over four ministries of the government in the state.

Okorocha stated this when the correspondent chapel of Imo state, honoured the wife with the “most outstanding Governor’s wife award” Thursday in Owerri.
The Secretary to the Imo state government, Mr George Etche who represented the governor at the event while singing praises of the achievements of Okorocha’s wife in 6 years also named the ministries under the control of the wife of the Imo state governor.

As part of his presentation, the ministries include, “Women Affairs, Works, Health, as well as the office of the Secretary to the State Government.”

Etche also went further to confirm the statement made by Hon. Chinedu Offor, a lawmaker representing Onuimo state constituency in the Imo state House of Assembly, in which he said that the governor’s wife deserved to be honoured with the award of “Nobel peace prize”

According to Etche,” We should thank God Almighty for given us Owelle Rochas Okorocha who has offered us free education at all levels. We should also thank God for given us his wife, Nkechi Okorocha for putting smiles in the faces of the less privileged in the state.”
“It is difficult to see first ladies do this kind of thing. You see that over 200 widows have gotten houses in Imo state.”

In her remarks, the wife of the Imo state governor, Nkechi Okorocha while speaking on her pet project, She Needs a Roof Project, SNARP, according to her, it was a project for building houses for widows and the disadvantaged in the state, adding that “I am doing this because of humanity.”

“I am pregnant with something. I have a dream one day we will move around communities and we will not find people living in bad condition or in a house without roof.”

She could not hold her tears, when she explained that one of the beneficiaries died few hours the bungalow house was handed over to her at Aro in Okigwe Local Government Area.

“Hours we left, she was pointing at the SNARP project, meaning that she should be taken into the house and that night she was taken into the house, on our way that night we were told that mama has joined her ancestors.”

While expressing her joy over the award, she said, “I am happy that this award is coming from a group that has key into my vision. The only way Imo can be better is to have a media that can understand they have a path to play in the role of development of the state.”

“I discovered that with Imo journalists there is hope in IMO state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/wife-controls-four-govt-ministries-okorocha/
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by PRYCE01(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
APC governors sha!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Ceenelly(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
You say whaat, nde ukwuani shi kweeke

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
No wonder

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Teewhy2: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
Is this why Nigeria keeps remaining the way we are
Are you telling us that apart from your family members we don't have capable hands for those ministries , we use square pegs in round holes.
Just want to keep enriching your family members

its still the same guys, still the same lies
still the same breed, still the same greed
still the same promise, ten years in office
make no change, except for their pockets
they really dont care, and we dont either
we'd rather just chill, watch them decieve us
trust in God, thats what they teach us
to idolize leaders, ballers, preachers
and dont ask questions or else they'll kill
watch them loot, they rob, they steal
all the resources under our nose
cant blame 'em its the position we chose
we stay subdued, modern day slavery
Culled from my man Eldee d don

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Godsblessing(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
okoroawusa

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
APC! *spits*. And they will be the first to attack Mama Peace for having little influence over governance.

Hypocritical bunch, an inch less than PDP equals.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Chommieblaq(f): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
And He thinks it's a positive thing, runing Imo government like it's a family affair.

What qualifications does she have to be running all these ministry, whereas there are many qualify candidates out there.

I wept for Nigeria

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Brymo: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
I'm convinced that most men don't know what they believe, rather, they only know what they wish to believe. How many people blame God for man's atrocities, but wouldn't dream of imprisoning a mother for her son's crime?
Criss Jami

1 Like

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by seunlly(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
APC and their rubbish act.
After his tenure comes to end I know for sure he will deny this if it leads to problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Dongreat(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
What?? Did he actually said this? Does he know this is illegal? Oh my, Nigeria is a failed state. I can confidently say that nothing will ever work in this country. Nothing. Quote me to prove me wrong. This country see wrongs as normal and rights as not being smart. I give up. My children will be dual nationals but Nigerians, never, because their father regretted ever being called a Nigerian. We see these rubbish and all we can do as youth is "God take control, e go better, let 2019 reach quick, #Istandwithblablabla", while in a civilized word, this unshaved ape of a governor would have been impeached the next day and banned from politics for turning a state into family affair.
I weep, truly I weep.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by betterABIAstate: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
This man has destroyed imo

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Ermacc: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
This is Nigeria. Anything is possible
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by maximunimpact(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
Clown of a governor..........................

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by sdindan: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
Family government

for the family for the family
Familiacracy.

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Gkemz: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
The thief managed to marry a good wife.
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by olaolulazio(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
OkoroHausa

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
Owelle is a cheap prik,, a phony a thout a silly mallam with no sense. How does all this equate to achievemtn with the very silly award names... By the way did she submit applications to secure the posts he claimed are a ladder to heaven?

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Adaowerri111: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
she's doing so well
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by takenadoh: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
wondering if I should comment or not?
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Missmossy(f): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Chai!!! And he can still say it grin grin yeye man.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
cheesy
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by HzRF(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hein

Even Ferguson dey clap for okoroawusa

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by seguno2: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
PRYCE01:
APC governors sha!

Worse than PDP that they told us were the demons.
How many ministries did Mama Peace control when Jonathan was president?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by plaetton: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
What a fxxing joke this Okoro-ewu has turned out to be.

Which god had the good people of Imo state offended to have deserve this raging , despotic lunatic as governor ? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by Gkemz: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
betterABIAstate:
This man has destroyed imo

Destroyed and pocketed Imo in his family's pulse
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by emmabest2000(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
supersystemsng:
Owelle is a cheap prik,, a phony a thout a silly mallam with no sense. How does all this equate to achievemtn with the very silly award names... By the way did she submit applications to secure the posts he claimed are a ladder to heaven?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by donchrisville: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
smh....politics is now a family affair....one woman holding 4 offices...as what na?...whats her pedigree...is she even qualified to handle a single office....seriously i pity that state
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by nani212(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
I feel sorry for imo indigenes that voted him. His wife controls 4 ministries. Lol. So there are no competent people in imo to control those ministries even better than his wife. A jack of all trades is a master of none. So much for democracy in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by kenny1313(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
Rochas we know.
Re: My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha by infohenry(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
You did not tell us how many your daughter, son inlaw and just arrived son control. Rochas you will not be governor forever, be careful Imo people did not elect Rochas and family to govern them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them / Buhari: Saudi Arabia Cuts Oil Production To Help Nigeria / Senator Okorocha Meets Abdullahi Adamu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.