Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? (6242 Views)

Chris Giwa Brings Keshi Back As Supereagles Coach, Sacks Amodu / Breaking News: Keshi, Yobo Quit Supereagles / The Most Dangerous "M"s In The Supereagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
Mr "Sharp", so it does not matter that a coach's team's spirit is destroyed before a crucial semi-final game?

Like i said, its the job of the coach to maintain the team spirit and if for any reason its destroyed, the blame should be laid at the door of that coach. As a coach, you are not only in charge of the physical aspects of the game, it is also your job to maintain the emotional well being of your team and to interceed for them if need should arise.

I have come to the conclusion that Amodu has some Godfathers within the NFA, hence the reason why we keep going back to our vomit.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Olaolufred(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2009
pielect,

Joe Bonfre led Nigeria to wining Gold in Atlanta 1996.
He had that record. But how many other Gold or silver has he won?
If you can give me two other Gold or Silver medal he had one before or after Atlanta '96.
Let me remind you that he had his tutelage under westerhof for 4-5 years.

For Berti Vogt, If you say he is a world reknown Coach, then your judgement is lopsided.

However, if you insist he is world reknown according to you, then prove it with the medals in his coffer.

NFF only goes for hungary T.A because of their selfish interest, sharing of salary.

But for you and your Amodu?

You are packing out for one of the best minds in Football Coaching to take Eagles to S.A.

If they leave it for Corrupt NFF and its Shuaibu, We may not win a match in W/C.

If it takes the intervention of PTF for us to qualify,
Then, they should do the best by hiring Best hands for Eagle.

NFF will never sack Amodu cos they are getting from one another.

When a state of emergency is declared, then a vote of no confidence had been passed.

Govt. had no Confidence in NFF and Amodu.
So also are the larger %tage of Nigerians.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

Like i said, its the job of the coach to maintain the team spirit and if for any reason its destroyed, the blame should be laid at the door of that coach. As a coach, you are not only in charge of the physical aspects of the game, it is also your job to maintain the emotional well being of your team and to interceed for them if need should arise.

I have come to the conclusion that Amodu has some Godfathers within the NFA, hence the reason why we keep going back to our vomit.

You are a Genius, ant ya?  grin grin grin grin grin

So an external party would come and disrupt spirit and you would hold the coach responsible?  grin grin grin grin

So if a Brazilian player dies of a heart malfunction a day before a WC final or is in a coma and his team mates lose the final they next day you will hold the coach responsible?

Genius! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by jaybee3(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
Olaolufred:

For Berti Vogt, If you say he is a world reknown Coach, then your judgement is lopsided.

However, if you insist he is world reknown according to you, then prove it with the medals in his coffer.

vogts won euro 96 with the germans. oliver beirhoff scoring that golden goal in extra time
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
ok           fine

ok ok

let start like this
[size=34pt]
should amodu be given that job in the first place[/size]

nff knows what they have to do

bring in siasia and over haul the team

which will be tested in african cup of nation
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
pie1lect
on conjecture.

There are no hard facts to prove any points you are making. Firstly youth teams are not the same as the Nigerian Super Eagles.  I think it was Eguaveon who was drafted into the Eagles along with your beloved SiaSia. If they performed so well, why were they dumped? John Obuh leads an U17 team to the U17 WC final and already you want him to take over the Super Eagles? How enlightened.

Please, I beg. Someone. . . Anyone, please present hard facts (not flimsy rubbish that can be shot down in a whiff) to support your baseless arguments.

nonesense

only a blind-folded man will claim to be blind

hard fact yea when one of your so called away goaless match ur your goal post was hit near miss

u werent good enough cuz u have to depend on mosambique stopping tunisia but your ewudu brain cell has contracted beyond reasoning

nigeria should qualified with one or two matched left to spare; u might not see the fact due to your conditions
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by drbiola(m): 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
Whether u like it or not Amodu is taking us to d world cup.
We bunch of ingrate and thats why we never go far since we dont appreciate our own.
Anyway u are all nobody and wen u see Amodu on d sideline u can switch ur t.v 2 cartoon network.

AMODU NI O
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
You are a Genius, ant ya?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So an external party would come and disrupt spirit and you would hold the coach responsible?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

So if a Brazilian player dies of a heart malfunction a day before a WC final and dies or is a coma and his team mates lose the final they next day you will hold the coach responsible?

Genius! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

it seems you are experiencing some difficulty in understanding what i say. let me break it down for you. Amodu should hav made sure that the team never made use of their personal finances in the first place, where does that happen?  as the coach of the team he had every power to make sure the government paid for their transport . secondly that comparison you made is absolutely nonsensical and has no bearing on the issue being discussed!
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

it seems you are experiencing some difficulty in understanding what i say. let me break it down for you. Amodu should hav made sure that the team never made use of their personal finances in the first place, where does that happen?  as the coach of the team he had every power to make sure the government paid for their transport . secondly that comparison you made is absolutely nonsensical and has no bearing on the issue being discussed!

What power?

Are you havin a laff, mate! angry

What will he do? You are blaming him for NFA failure in responsibility?

Not only that, you are using that as pseudo-evidence of his coaching capability.

And you wonder why I have contempt for your intelligence.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by shetani: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
what we need is a Messiah because i do not think that this team of squirrels is going anywhere
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
k from now i wil be watching
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by pie1ect(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

pie1lect

nonesense

only a blind-folded man will claim to be blind

hard fact yea when one of your so called away goaless match kenya hit your goal post

u werent good enough cuz u have to depend on mosambique stopping tunisia but your ewudu brain cell has contracted beyond reasoning

nigeria should qualified with one or two matched left to spare; u might not see the fact due to your conditions

Y'know what? I really dont know what to do with this. Its not worthy of a response, seriously.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
k
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
AMODU should be left alone
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Lheyhe(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
I don't think Amodu should take the super eagles to wc 2010 n again i think we should remember that the match we won against kenya shouldn't have been cause we all know the ref. is on our side i think we better have a rethink and sign a very competent coach.[color=][/color]
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ogbongzky(m): 11:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
dont be surprised if another BORA is hired , grin grin
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Olaolufred(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2009
Posted by: jay bee
Insert Quote
Quote from: Olaolufred on Yesterday at 02:31:16 PM

vogts won euro 96 with the germans. oliver beirhoff scoring that golden goal in extra time

Jaybee, thanks for this good record.
Do you know that this feat was possible cos' Bauckenbuer had made a team available for him to use.
Remember, he was Bauckenbuer's assistant for years.
I give it to him for the result,
But can a pass in Waec Exam be assumed to be a First Class in the University?

One Cup is not enough to declare a Coach as good.

Only consistency can makes a coach Good or Excellent.

The same way Bauckenbuer's preparation made it for Berti Vogts
So is Westerhoff's preparation gave Bonfre the break.

However, to prove that they are good coach, give me two more trophies they have to their name.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by omar22(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
Jaybee, thanks for this good record.
Do you know that this feat was possible cos' Bauckenbuer had made a team available for him to use.
Remember, he was Bauckenbuer's assistant for years.
I give it to him for the result,
But can a pass in Waec Exam be assumed to be a First Class in the University?

One Cup is not enough to declare a Coach as good.

Only consistency can makes a coach Good or Excellent.

The same way Bauckenbuer's preparation made it for Berti Vogts
So is Westerhoff's preparation gave Bonfre the break.

However, to prove that they are good coach, give me two more trophies they have to their name.

Keiser left in 1990

Berti Voght won Euro 96

Only Thomas Haesller and Klinsmann (if am correct) survived the 1990 squad and remember that he had to add the former East German players to the squad like Sammers
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by supereagle(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2009
By Jidesamuel
i see no reason why people should start talking about world cup when the nations cup is less than two months,as far as im concerned the outcome of nations cup will determine how well we'll go in world cup.after all Amodu Shuaib has done,it will be unfair to him not to take us to Nations cup and from their we'll know if he's capable of taking us to the mundial
I disagree with you, go back to history, in 1990 ACN , Cameroon did not go far, but they went far in the WC of Italia 90, In 2002 ACN , Senegal lost in the final to Cameroon, but they got to the round of 8 and Cameroon lost out in the 1st round.
We may not do well in ACN, but we can go far in the world cup.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by novaman: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
Our major problem is not Amodu, but those guys at the NFF, we all saw how they mess up Siasia; Amodu shared the blame on his current predicament because he allow those criminals in the Paper House to use him; today he is now regarded as a coach who used to be respected; the only way we can now get things right to retain Amodu but support him with a reputable coach that will be respected by the players. Regardless of what people say, I think Guus Hiddink will be good for us because from my own point of view I see him as a coach that cannot be pushed around by the NFF officials; the players know him so well and they will surely respect him. Amodu will remain the Chief Coach, while Guus will be Technical Adviser
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by youngbest(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
supereagle:

By Jidesamuel
i see no reason why people should start talking about world cup when the nations cup is less than two months,as far as im concerned the outcome of nations cup will determine how well we'll go in world cup.after all Amodu Shuaib has done,it will be unfair to him not to take us to Nations cup and from their we'll know if he's capable of taking us to the mundial
I disagree with you, go back to history, in 1990 ACN , Cameroon did not go far, but they went far in the WC of Italia 90, In 2002 ACN , Senegal lost in the final to Cameroon, but they got to the round of 8 and Cameroon lost out in the 1st round.
We may not do well in ACN, but we can go far in the world cup.

why shouldnt we talk abt worldcup
its d biggest competition in d whole of foootball
before d world cup is over we are talking about the next one,
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Nwogeneugo: 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
while i want to commend Amodu and honour him for qualifying us twice, i want to say that he does not have the d technical ability to take us to the next level, his selection, tactical ability and the force of his will cannot take us to the next level, AND we MUST climb to the next level if we must do well in the nations cup and world cup, no management about it, this ticket came very hard for us, we must not waste it.
Honour Amodu for his achievement but please get us another coach who will march on confidently and do what needs to be done, he must not be a whiteman or foreign.
Mikel just try no be man of the match, where u wan put OBAGOAL.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Nwogeneugo: 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
Amodu cannot change the direction of a game, his offensive abilities (tactical) are very suspect, against better organised sides, he does not stand a prayer.
our group is a wek group and still we struggled to qualify.
He is not a bad coach and has his place in Nigerian football history but he is not world cup coach.

Period
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
Nwogeneugo:

while i want to commend Amodu and honour him for qualifying us twice, i want to say that he does not have the d technical ability to take us to the next level, his selection, tactical ability and the force of his will cannot take us to the next level, AND we MUST climb to the next level if we must do well in the nations cup and world cup, no management about it, this ticket came very hard for us, we must not waste it.
Honour Amodu for his achievement but please get us another coach who will march on confidently and do what needs to be done, he must not be a whiteman or foreign.
Mikel just try no be man of the match, where u wan put OBAGOAL.

Suggest names of coaches you have in mind.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
Nwogeneugo:

Amodu cannot change the direction of a game, his offensive abilities (tactical) are very suspect, against better organised sides, he does not stand a prayer.
our group is a wek group and still we struggled to qualify.
He is not a bad coach and has his place in Nigerian football history but he is not world cup coach.

Period

grin grin grin grin grin

He can not change direction of the game?

So what did he do against Tunisia when we needed to score a second goal?

What did he do against Mozambique when we scored a goal in the dying minutes?

What did he do against Kenya when they went one goal up?

Laughable. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by honeric01(m): 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2009
@sag

I hope your fingers are not hurting you yet?
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by omar22(m): 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
So what did he do against Tunisia when we needed to score a second goal?

What did he do against Mozambique when we scored a goal in the dying minutes?

What did he do against Kenya when they went one goal up?

Laughable.      

Wow he threw on another players to go for it, Knowing that Niger conceeded 2 goals after we scored against Tunisia and another 2 against Kenya when we are chasing the game shows his tactical nounce,

When a team scores they are more vulnerable to conceed immediately but what did Coco the clown do? he sat down looking like MAGAH!!! Nigeria scored with less than 5 minutes to go against Tunisia, its not rocket science to know that Tunisia would go for it because they have nothing to loose, Amodu could have kept it tight for the remainder of the game, but what happened
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by cashful(m): 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
just wondering who is the world class coach we want to bring, please lets give amodu all the support he needs to succeed.
not once but twice has he qualified us for the world cup, why didnt we bring the coach before the qualifiers?
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Uche2nna(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

Wow he threw on another players to go for it, Knowing that Niger conceeded 2 goals after we scored against Tunisia and another 2 against Kenya when we are chasing the game shows his tactical nounce,

When a team scores they are more vulnerable to conceed immediately but what did Coco the clown do? he sat down looking like MAGAH!!! Nigeria scored with less than 5 minutes to go against Tunisia, its not rocket science to know that Tunisia would go for it because they have nothing to loose, Amodu could have kept it tight for the remainder of the game, but what happened

Even tho I think that the SE as a national team is wayyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than Amodu, I beg to differ on your submission here.

The coach can only do so much on the sidelines , it is left for the players to stick to instructions.

Moreover, those guys are professionals, so what makes u think that they (the players) were not aware that the Tunisians will throw the kitchen sink at them to get an equaliser?  undecided  It is the players responsibility to hold thier shape and ride out the few minutes without doing anything stupid to concede at the last minute. To me it boils down to the players indisicpline and lackadasical approach.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by youngbest(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
nations cup draw is out we are with EGYPT and once again Mozanbique
God's power Amodu
here is d draws,
DRAW RESULTS

GROUP A: Angola - Mali - Malawi - Algeria

GROUP B: Ivory Coast - Burkina Faso - Togo - Ghana

GROUP C: Egypt - Nigeria - Mozambique - Benin

GROUP D: Cameroon - Gabon - Zambia - Tunisia
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Uche2nna(m): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
youngbest:

nations cup draw is out we are with EGYPT and once again Mozanbique
God's power Amodu
here is d draws,
DRAW RESULTS

GROUP A: Angola - Mali - Malawi - Algeria

GROUP B: Ivory Coast - Burkina Faso - Togo - Ghana

GROUP C: Egypt - Nigeria - Mozambique - Benin

GROUP D: Cameroon - Gabon - Zambia - Tunisia

Thats quite the group!!!!! shocked
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by omar22(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
The coach can only do so much on the sidelines , it is left for the players to stick to instructions.

The reason why every coach gets up after their team scores because they are vulnerable to an equalizer he quickly gives instruction to regroup the team, with Nigeria we score,  most especially when we have sent on so many attacking players because we where looking for a goal, but Amodu did nothing whereas we had to defend, agree some players dont stick to instructions, so what do you do? (not looking like a cow that just saw the knife) things change during a game you need to be able to change the game or respond to when your opposition manager drops a new tactics on your team, but no no no no Amodu is there looking like DUNDEE UNITED,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tuchel Contracts COVID-19 Hours To Club World Cup Clash / What's Your Weekend Like Now Without Football / Vincent Enyeama Is Man Of The Match For the 2nd time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.