Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) (7989 Views)

Okorocha Presents 190b Naira Budget Of Consolidation And Continuity / Obaseki Presents N146bn 2018 Budget Estimates And Appropriate Bill / N’assembly Increases Its Budget To N150B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by ebosie11(f): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
Governor Godwin Obaseki has presented a budget of 150 billion appropriation bill to the State ouse of Assembly to fast track  economic and social transformatin of the state.

Governor Obaseki, who christened the 2017 budget as “Budget of Consolidation and Prosperity” said it was wrapped around the six key policy areas.

"Mr Speaker, we have proposed a budget size of N150,011,831,079 Billion which is a nominal 29% increase over 2016 budget estimates made up of N74,900,297,917 as Recurrent Expenditure and N75,111,533,162 as Capital Expenditure.

"The revenue estimates are based on a $42.0 bench mark for crude oil and average daily production of 1.9mil barrels per day and expectations of improved performance of Internally Generated Revenue.

"Hence we will maintain a balance of capital to recurrent expenditure (50%: 50%) in line with our plan to spend our way  out of recession

The governor, said "this Budget would have a deficit of N25 Billion for 2017 which is within the acceptable threshold.

"The deficit will be funded mainly by external borrowing from the third tranche of the World Bank budget support facility.

He named the six key policy areas of the 2017 budget to include Economic Revolution, Healthcare services, Infrastructure development, Institutional Reforms,  Environmental sustainabilty, social welfare enhancement and Culture and tourism.

Governor Obaseki, while reviewing the 2016 budget, noted that ``the crises we face today are not insurmountable, with focussed planning, disciple and faith in God, we can “develop a modern and progressive Edo State, where every citizen is empowered with opportunity to live life in its fullness”.

"I am honoured to present to you today christened “Consolidation and prosperity”.

According to him, "the policy directions of this budget are largely informed by my interactions with Edo people during my campaign which was validated in a strategy dialogue comprising political, religious and traditional leaders, professionals, civil society, women and youth groups. 

"The policy bedrock of the 2017 budget rests on Economic Revolution, Infrastructural Expansion, Institutional Reform, Social Welfare Enhancement, Culture & Tourism and Environmental Sustainability.

"These are the pillars which – if pursued with uncommon focus, will help us build a new society, create new jobs, new opportunities and wealth – and usher in a new era of prosperity for all.

The Governor, in his review of the budget proposal, sets aside N7.5billion for investment; N22.2billion for economic sector; N22.3billion for infrastructure, development and upgrade; N3.2 billion for pension scheme; N6.05billion for outstanding grauitities and pension and N6.6 billion to rebuild infrastructure of institutions in 2017.

Governor Obaseki said "this Budget of Consolidation and prosperity clearly outlines our first priorities and serves as our compass to the future we seek.

He said "building this new society for Edo State will depend on the timely implementation of reforms to further boost business climate, attract private investment, improve our social welfare and foster needed development.

"Therefore, the timely passage of this budget is crucial,’’ saying that "Edo State must become the standard bearer of progress in Nigeria.

"We must lead the nation in social and economic progress. We will be unrelenting in our pursuit of a cleaner, greener and digital Edo.

"In this task, our government will shun all acts of corruption. We shall hold all accountable and will aggressively ensure justice is meted to offenders.’’

Obaseki, in his presentation assured the honourable members saying that "I remain confident that we would continue to enjoy a harmonious working relationship in the interest of our dear State and to the glory of God, our Maker".

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/edo-obaseki-presents-n150b-budget-of.html

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by HungerBAD: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hopefully everything works out well for Edo State.

Like everything in Nigeria,the submission or projection of budgets is not the problem.

The problem has/have always been the implementation of the budgets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Remilekun101: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

150 what? Where would the funding come from? These people would just over tax innocent citizens sha cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by fortune5351(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
mmm
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by iluvdonjazzy: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
GREAT, NOW IS THE TIME TO WORK, NO MORE EXCUSE
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Artixmentor(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tooor
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by olaolulazio(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
One chance grin

I know he will deliver...
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by paradigmshift(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
another failure....

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Godprotectigbos(f): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
APC and budgets tittle

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by olaolulazio(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
NairaMaster1:
APC and budgets tittle
Stop showing how stupiiiiiid you are to the world.

6 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
Budget of deception

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by AlexCk: 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hmmmm

Actions speak louder than words,

Make he just use the cash well for the state,
We keep hearing billions of naira for budgets, but we don't see any work done.

Hopefully it'll be good
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by best4momoh(m): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
My dear state. We pray God Almighty give you the right direction to lead Edo state. I reps. Heartbeat of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Carry Go! my able Governor and don't mind all these wailers.

so Edo state does not deserve a budget of 150 billion abi?...
shey na only una state want development..

you guys should so and wail at Lagos,Delta,Kaduna and calabar's state budget and leave Edo state budget in peace

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by cosmatika(m): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
All I can sey is Obaseki is a thief
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
olaolulazio:
Stop showing how stupiiiiiid you are to the world.

Sorry Oga. I have touched your food. Truth is bitter. Budget of change. Forgive me

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by 2sydoflyf(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
The interim governor!
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
cosmatika:
Did he steal your money?
Did he steal your father money?
Did he steal your mother money?

All i can say is that common sense is truly not common

6 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Qmerit(m): 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
My instinct tells me this man would work more than Oshio

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
All they all ugly in this Edo state?
Anyway, nairalanders might like this international collabo.
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/balling-with-zberg-new-lyrics-by-ill-bliss-ft-mark-zuckerberg/
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Caseless: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
I know this man is going to exceed expectations.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by loopmangoat(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Caseless:
I know this man is going to exceed expectations.

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
cosmatika:

Hmmm a man who ran a successful (still successful) business for nearly 10 years.. go check his credentials and performance track once more. this is not a man famed for running an NGO by proxy or a career public servant circulating through all the ministry apparatus.. no no is he a public officer transiting from office to state. He knows his onions and is in a position to do justice to the problems of his state.. look at your governor and ask yourself.. can he do the same?

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Seriousboy: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Only in nigeria we hear of names of budgets, yet, nothing on ground to show for its. There should be single tenure for every political office holders, FG down to LGs.
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Sandydayziz(f): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
[/b]He named the six key policy areas of the 2017 budget to include Economic Revolution, Healthcare services, Infrastructure development, Institutional Reforms, Environmental sustainabilty, social welfare enhancement and Culture and tourism.[b]

When are we gonna move forward in dis country? Just imagine 6 key watever nd Education is not there! Isn't that suppose to be the no 1? Is our education system perfect already?

Nd the youth's suppose to smile at this? angry angry
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Sandydayziz(f): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
sakhalin:
All they all ugly in this Edo state?/
What's wrong with dis one? undecided
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sandydayziz:

What's wrong with dis one? undecided
The ugliness of your brethren seriously worries me.
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by GentlemanUnltd: 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Remilekun101:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

150 what? Where would the funding come from? These people would just over tax innocent citizens sha cry cry

What do you know about my Edo state?
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by GentlemanUnltd: 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ajehswag:
Carry Go! my able Governor and don't mind all these wailers.

so Edo state does not deserve a budget of 150 billion abi?...
shey na only una state want development..

you guys should so and wail at Lagos,Delta,Kaduna and calabar's state budget and leave Edo state budget in peace

You they mind those wailers?
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by GentlemanUnltd: 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
sakhalin:
All they all ugly in this Edo state?
Anyway, nairalanders might like this international collabo.
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/balling-with-zberg-new-lyrics-by-ill-bliss-ft-mark-zuckerberg/

Your English is uglier!
Re: Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
GentlemanUnltd:

Your English is uglier!
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anonymous Deceived All Of You / The Origin Of The Southern Governors Forum, By Naptu2 / Where Is Major General Hassan Usman Katsina?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.