Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated (1687 Views)

Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) / Russian Military Pays Respects To Soleiman Assassinated By The US / US President, John Kennedy Assassinated In His Open Top State Car On This Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by fabuloz1(m): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Russia's ambassador to Ankara has been killed in a gun attack while visiting an art exhibition opening in the Turkish capital, television reports said.

Russia's state news agency said Andrey Karlov had died at the scene of gunshot wounds.

Earlier it was reported Mr Karlov had been hospitalised and several other people wounded, NTV and CNN-Turk televisions said.

The attacker has been 'neutralized,' according to Turkish media.

The attack came after days of protests in Turkey over Russia's role in Syria, although Moscow and Ankara are now working closely together to evacuate citizens from Aleppo.

Pictures published by the Hurriyet daily showed at least two men in suits lying flat on the ground as another man brandished a gun.

The attack happened at the Cagdas Sanatlar Merkezi, a major art exhibition hall in the Cankaya district of Ankara where most foreign embassies are located including Russia's mission.

Protesters in Turkey have held Russia responsible for human rights violations in Aleppo.

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by sarrki(m): 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Barbaric

Horrible scene

2 Likes

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by sarrki(m): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
The tense situation will now be aggravated with this

event
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by omanzo02: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Treatment like this is more suitable for Nigerian Politicians.
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by gurunlocker: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mehn.... war is not good at this time o, it will be deadly
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by BCISLTD: 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
angry makes no sense
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by highpriest4: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
Una don dey fine russia dem wahala. Fowl dey dey sleep, cockroach go kick am for brokos

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by julioralph(m): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
seems like these turkish guys are really mean. Na so dem down those russian pilots @ the syrian border. I think putin will certainly retaliate this time.

I hope 'uncle sam' doesn't have a hand in this sha
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by cooljude(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
This was how world war 1 started. I don't think turkey would be stupid enough to plot something like this.
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by sekundosekundo: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
hmm
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Stalwert: 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
This is unfortunate, the sort of issues lead to war. The Syrian war claims another Russian victim. Killing civilians and labelling then terrorists will only produce madness like this. Let's hope the those using unrestrained force finally begin to show some restraints.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by zeekeyboy: 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
The tension between both countries dat was dying down.......would start all over......... Sad cry

If only d man knew he would see his end there.....shot point blank.
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Mille: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Stalwert:
This is unfortunate, the sort of issues lead to war. The Syrian war claims another Russian victim. Killing civilians and labelling then terrorists will only produce madness like this. Let's hope the those using unrestrained force finally begin to show some restraints.

Who are the civilians? The heart eaters?

Russia bombed the rebels (state terrorists in Aleppo). Expect total annihilation now. The response would be brutal.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Chylo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
Russian President Vladimir Putin has called an emergency meeting with his foreign minister and all the heads of Russia's security services.
Hours after the meeting, Russian-backed rebel forces in Ukraine are building up to "full combat readiness".

Is war coming? Shooting any ambassador on foreign soil is almost as good as a declaration of war; how much more a nuclear power like Russia. Putin would not let this water pass under no friggin' bridge

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Stalwert: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mille:

Who are the civilians? The heart eaters?

Russia bombed the rebels (state terrorists in Aleppo). Expect total annihilation now. The response would be brutal.

The ones being evacuated in alepo or do you live in mars?
They should kill more... but violence only begets violence
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by knightsTempler: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Erdogan had better watch out. One more dodgy move by his country in syria will be met with such force from russia. All turkey are doing is supplying isis and killing kurds.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by knightsTempler: 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Shooting a Russian ambassador is not the smartest thing you can do these days. What do those idiots expect? Putin leaving Syria? Definitely not. He's rather going to kick a$$ now.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by seunmsg(m): 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
After bombing Aleppo to shreds, the Russians should expect this kind of reaction from the supporters of the Syrian opposition movement. This is just the beggining, more isolated killings like this will continue to happen as hatred for Russians spreads all around the middle east.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by OBAGADAFFI: 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
Well Turkey should be prepared for anything they far from Russia.

And I will support Russia on this.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by OBAGADAFFI: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
seunmsg:
After bombing Aleppo to shreds, the Russians should expect this kind of reaction from the supporters of the Syrian opposition movement. This is just the beggining, more isolated killings like this will continue to happen as hatred for Russians spreads all around the middle east.

They're all terrorist, both the Syrian opposition and their supporters.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by seunmsg(m): 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

They're all terrorist, both the Syrian opposition and their supporters.

The Russian government and all her supporters are terrorist.
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by cooljude(m): 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
Stalwert:

The ones being evacuated in alepo or do you live in mars?
They should kill more... but violence only begets violence

I agree that their are civilians at both side but most Syrians still support Assad and most importantly the diverse Syrian communities still want him in power. Why would Foreign Islamist/jihadist want to impose their will on majority of Syrians.

Mind you the so called Jihadist sabotaged the evacuation process by burning buses that were supposed to evacuate civilians from some Shia village, if not for the magnanimity of the Syrian government they would have revenged and ended the evacuation deal.

War is not good cause innocent people would suffer and their is a saying that goes that right person in a war is the last man standing because he would paint the story to his favour. No matter how you bath a pig it's still goes back to its dirt, you can never pass an Islamist/terrorist as a rebel even almighty USA has even recognised that they don't trust their so called back terrorist to supply them anti-aircraft weapons.

A circular Syrian that is accommodating to Christains, Shias, Alawite, Sunni and every other person is better than a country with Jihadist has leaders, hasn't Libya taught you guys something.

3 Likes

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by OBAGADAFFI: 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
seunmsg:

Duh, grin

The Russians are, upporting the legitimate Syrian government.

Those oppositions and rebels are ISIS members
And if you are claiming ISIS is not a Terrorist group good for you.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Missy89(f): 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Conspiracy goons are not blaming America yet? What is going on? No internet data ?
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Flexherbal(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
What is wrong with humans!
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Stalwert: 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
cooljude:

I agree that their are civilians

That is point. The rest of your opinion is just plain garbage not worth my time.
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by Stalwert: 8:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Well Turkey should be prepared for anything they far from Russia.

And I will support Russia on this.

You Dussian trolls are jokers... I remeber Turkey deliberately downing a Russian jet what came out of it? Nothing. ... Now a lone wolf attack by an nobody suddenly Russian is gonna do something about it. Give me a break what drink you sipping? Talon faaa
Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by buJu234: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
when people hear "May God be with you" they shake hands and leave in peace.

When people hear "Allah Akbar" they scatter like rats and innocent people die.

The difference between Muslims and every other world religion.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by OBAGADAFFI: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Stalwert:

[s]
You Dussian trolls are jokers... I remeber Turkey deliberately downing a Russian jet what came out of it? Nothing. ... Now a lone wolf attack by an nobody suddenly Russian is gonna do something about it. Give me a break what drink you sipping? Talon faaa[/s]

Now the killer/terrorist suddenly become a lone wolf.

And what happened when Russia Destroys 1,200 ISIS Oil Trucks From Turkey?

The last time i checked Erdoğan was making an iPhone call over a failed coup.

When Putin decide to react, hope he will get a Nokia 3310

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by cooljude(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Stalwert:

That is point. The rest of your opinion is just plain garbage not worth my time.

You and your Jihadist friends are Garbage. you expect me to support people that behead children, eat the hearts of humans, kill Christains, kill minorities and had committed so many other atrocities and hate crimes. The both sides have committed atrocities but I would rather choose the lesser evil. The only sad thing about any war is the innocent ones that surfers on both sides.

1 Like

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by CyberWolf: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
cooljude:

You and your Jihadist friends are Garbage. you expect me to support people that behead children, eat the hearts of humans, kill Christains, kill minorities and had committed so many other atrocities and hate crimes. The both sides have committed atrocities but I would rather choose the lesser evil. The only sad thing about any war is the innocent ones that surfers on both sides.

Are you surprised about this people?.. This are the same terrorist supporting Boko Haram when GEJ was fighting them, they carried out a ferocious propaganda against GEJ and Ihejirika that he is committing genocide against the north.. These are the animals now supporting ISIS in Syria.. Very idiotic set of people angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Russian Ambassador To Turkey Andrey Karlov Assassinated by JonSnow(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
seunmsg:

You need to have your brain checked.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biden Gets An Unassailable Lead, He Is Now On 264 Out Of 270 / Pictures Of The French Soldiers In Mali. / Black Man Wrongly Convicted Released After 34 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.