Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) (43991 Views)

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? / Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Mujtahida: 6:26am On Dec 21, 2016
iambliss:

Its a good thing you chose not to argue cause you can't argue with the truth. That truth says
[NLT] Malachi 3:8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.
[NLT] Malachi 3:9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.
[NLT] Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. [b][/b]I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! [b][/b]Try it! Put me to the test!

So not paying tithes is cheating or robbing God which attracts a curse while paying attracts a blessing so big you won't have room to contain it.

I did not write that scripture, I simply read it and I obey it and it works. Try it too like God said in verse 10.
In all sincerity and sober regard for the truth, I mean your own experiential truth, tell me please if after paying your tithe the bolded has happened to you as in you being not just blessed but so blessed that you didn't have room to contain it. Is the bolded your experience?

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by oforij(m): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2016
alterswerve:
Zuckerberg is an atheist. Why is he richer and more productive than many tithers?
Because most Christians who engaged in Kingdom principles don't work hard enough. It's always a two way thing. Your part and his part.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2016
OrnamentOne:

First off, there is nothing like Malachi 8 in the Bible. Maybe you meant Malachi 3:8. That scripture was talking about the law.. and he storehouse in question was the place where all tithe items (which was strictly food items ...farm produce or animal produce and not money, even though money was in existence then) were brought for onward distribution to the Levites and the Priest. The scripture isn't applicable under the new testament, where Grace abounds.

Where's it written that the scripture is not applicable under the new testament, today's Levites in the Church how do you take care of them?. Pls I need an answer.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 8:10am On Dec 21, 2016
blueseacats:
That Jesus did not condemn the woman brought to him to be stones does not mean the woman was free of sin.

Jesus told the woman "go and sin no more", but He didn't say pay tithe no more.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

You are an empty hypocrite. You first asked me if Jesus didn't ask people to pay tithe. Now you are twisting things. You thought I wouldn't know what the New Testament said about giving, abi?

Why are you Pentecostals always twisting the scriptures to suit your selfish propagandist interest?

Clearly, your focus has turned away from preaching the second coming of Christ. You are now all concerned about making money and getting rich and looking for parts of the Bible that supports your demonic search for wealth. I pity you.

You will be supprised that people you guys think are not good Christians will enter heaven, while you, who are supposed to be directed by the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Pentecost), will end up in hell fire.

Hell fire gateman thank you. But can you tell me how today's Levites in the Church can be taken care of.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by blazer234: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Hell fire gateman thank you. But can you tell me how today's Levites in the Church can be taken care of.

Those levies were directly appointed and anointed by God. Most of your pastors appointed themselves. Did you hear that any of the levites own personal church?
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Jesus told the woman "go and sin no more", but He didn't say pay tithe no more.
Jesus never instructed us to pay tithes, he only commended Pharisees for paying tithe. He died so that we don't need any burnt offering or the help of a pastor or priest to get to God, that's why he said it's finished. More tithe of the Old Testament is meant to be paid to the Levites from the blood line of Aaron. Who are the Levites today? They are among the Jews and guess what ? Jews don't recognize Christ. So you are either a Christ follower or a Jew.

But I know one thing for sure, no pastor or yahoo boy is a Levite.

2 Likes

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Lotechi(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2016
receiving God's blessing is not exclusive to tithing alone!!!! Jesus christ did nt place so much emphasis on tithe. Mathew 23vs23
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 21, 2016
bezimo:

You are the confused man here and the brainwashed person, I live in one of the so called foreign Nation, you might possibly be referring to, when you tithe or give offerings to God in the church. it is recorded to promote accountability as required by the government, and it is assumed by the government to be used for charity purpose which may include church related ventures and government gives returns during tax filings, it doesn't change the fact that God received the tithe and is blessing me in return.
So what are the related church activities exactly, and why do government audit church in western nations and not nigeria? See how gullible you are ? I guess the nation you live mandate churches to have board of trustees, where is oyedopo's board of trustees? Mr smart the government is given you back your tithe as tax returns because is categorized as charity givings and meant to be spent on non profit activities. As a tax preparer, I know it's the law at least in United States, that non profit organizations spend 90 percent of the collections on non profit and only 10% on the running of the organization, churches included.

I know you don't know this, but if you like pay everything you have in tithe, if you don't work hard you will remain where you are and people like dangote and secular countries like China will be getting rich because they have adopted the attitude of hard work.

When the rich boy asked Christ our savior, "what can I do to get into the kingdom" ? Christ replied sell all your property, give it to the poor and follow me. Key word (poor) he did not say give it to oyedepo. The poor here is the needy not the church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 8:42am On Dec 21, 2016
blueseacats:
Jesus never instructed us to pay tithes, he only commended Pharisees for paying tithe. He died so that we don't need any burnt offering or the help of a pastor or priest to get to God, that's why he said it's finished. More tithe of the Old Testament is meant to be paid to the Levites from the blood line of Aaron. Who are the Levites today? They are among the Jews and guess what ? Jews don't recognize Christ. So you are either a Christ follower or a Jew.

But I know one thing for sure, no pastor or yahoo boy is a Levite.

What do understand by burnt offering.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

Those levies were directly appointed and anointed by God. Most of your pastors appointed themselves. Did you hear that any of the levites own personal church?

Who's a Levites?.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 8:45am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

Who's a Levite?.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

Please tell them. Let us keep spreading this news for our country to get better, this yahoo boys have told Nigerians that they don't have to work hard, just pay tithe and manner will fall, they have created a generation of lazy ,corrupt and completely immoral people.

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Who's a Levite?.
A Levite is anyone from the blood line of Aaron, when moses went to get the 10 commandments, Jew were tired of waiting when he took so long, so Jews melted their jewels and carved themselves a an idle, that they worshipped. Well Moses came back and was very angry, he broke the Ten Commandments. God the issued a decree that Aaron and his children shall be the only one capable of being the priest because they never worship the idle all through. And that their inheritance should be in heaven , but that the Jews should pay ten percent of all their harvest to the Levites for their upkeep.

Then no offerings get to God unless burnt in your behalf through the Levites.

Now when Jesus died on the cross, he said anyone coming to God now has to come through him, as he is the ultimate lamb.

First of all Levites did not own churches, and even if they did, oyedepo is not a Levite.

They say they need private jets to preach gospel, it's a lie. Am not a Jehovah's Witness, but if you look how they spread the gospel you will see they are very effective without private jet.

3 Likes

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by blazer234: 9:15am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Who's a Levite?.

Go back to your Bible, if you still have one, and you will get answer to ur question.

Ask yourself if levites own personal churches or personal properties. After that, compare your pastors to the levites and ask yourself if any of your pastors qualify to be called levites.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2016
blueseacats:
A Levite is anyone from the blood line of Aaron, when moses went to get the 10 commandments, Jew were tired of waiting when he took so long, so Jews melted their jewels and carved themselves a an idle, that they worshipped. Well Moses came back and was very angry, he broke the Ten Commandments. God the issued a decree that Aaron and his children shall be the only one capable of being the priest because they never worship the idle all through. And that their inheritance should be in heaven , but that the Jews should pay ten percent of all their harvest to the Levites for their upkeep.

Then no offerings get to God unless burnt in your behalf through the Levites.

Now when Jesus died on the cross, he said anyone coming to God now has to come through him, as he is the ultimate lamb.

First of all Levites did not own churches, and even if they did, oyedepo is not a Levite.

They say they need private jets to preach gospel, it's a lie. Am not a Jehovah's Witness, but if you look how they spread the gospel you will see they are very effective without private jet.

My dear, the Levites are those that works in the vineyard, they are are entirely different from the Priests. They depend on the church for survival, hence the offering and tithe but if any person misuse it, h/she will answer.

You should understand the scripture, the ten commandments was given to them but today that ten commandments are for us and if you say b'cos you're not a Levite therefore should not pay tithe, you should as well reject the ten commandments.

Talking about pastors with private Jets, though I am not in support of this likewise my Pastor, but you should remember that Jesus himself used what may be considered as the highest means of transportation during His time on earth.

What gospel are Jehovah's witnesses spreading, salvation of what?.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

Go back to your Bible, if you still have one, and you will get answer to ur question.

Ask yourself if levites own personal churches or personal properties. After that, compare your pastors to the levites and ask yourself if any of your pastors qualify to be called levites.

Can you differentiate between a Levite and a Priest and apply it in today's Church?.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by jmann2(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Angelmikeal:

so GOD is selling his blessings.
What an intelligent question.
They have reduced God to a petty trader.
Most things they tell us about God are not true.
They project God in a bad light and they will pay for it someday.
Peter told the false prophet that wanted to buy the power of God "To perish you with your money, for you think that you can buy the gift of God with money"

Until they realise the great Love God has for us, their fellow men will continue to use them to enrich themselves.

Take away tithe and offering from an African church and they will all close.

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

Can you differentiate between a Levite and a priest and apply it in today's Church?.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2016
jmann2:

What an intelligent question.
They have reduced God to a petty trader.
Most things they tell us about God are not true.
They project God in a bad light and they will pay for it someday.
Peter told the false prophet that wanted to buy the power of God "To perish you with your money, for you think that you can buy the gift of God with money"

Until they realise the great Love God has for us, their fellow men will continue to use them to enrich themselves.

Take away tithe and offering from an African church and they will all close.

DUMB!
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by jmann2(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2016
ApostleT:

This gentleman does not understand scriptures. This is what Paul calls "any other gospel" or "another gospel" in Galatians
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." - Galatians 1:8

Thanks bro.
That's pure ANOTHER GOSPEL.
The book of Galatians is a long forgotten book in the church.
Any Christian who wants to be really free form these merchants of gospel must study Galatians and Hebrews

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by jmann2(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2016
lielbree:

Muslims pay tithe and zakat
Na lie.
Muslims don't PAYE tithe, they pay zakat.
Zakat is not tithe.

Contact any imam
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by blazer234: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Can you differentiate between a Levite and a priest and apply it in today's Church?.

So you have changed from levites to priest now? You are dumb soul. How far do you want to go with this empty defence of error?
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

My dear, the Levites are those that works in the vineyard, they are are entirely different from the Priests. They depend on the church for survival, hence the offering and tithe but if any person misuse it, h/she will answer.

You should understand the scripture, the ten commandments was given to them but today that ten commandments are for us and if you say b'cos you're not a Levite therefore should not pay tithe, you should as well reject the ten commandments.

Talking about pastors with private Jets, though I am not in support of this likewise my Pastor, but you should remember that Jesus himself used what may be considered as the highest means of transportation during His time on earth.

What gospel are Jehovah's witnesses spreading, salvation of what?.
The biggest mistake I think way make is not understanding that word Christ, said on the cross, "it is finished" if we still needed the priest and Levites to help us reach God, then there was no need for Christ to set foot on this earth, he said "nobody I repeat nobody comes to my father unless through me", working in the vineyard is something anybody can do, at your place of work, your gym, your house, and telling anyone you come across about about Christ, remember the bible said our body is his temple.

I don't know what gospel Jehovah's witnesses are preaching as I don't agree with their doctrine, but have you seen anyone that claims not to have come in contact with a witness? Probably non, and yet they have jobs and life like everyone else, knowing that their final reward is in heaven that is how Christians should spread the word, I detest people building houses call it church and taking contributions to better their lives while the motherless babies, the poor and needy, the battered and unsheltered woman are everywhere in our society living in penury.

Again saying that pastors are Levites is like saying we should continue to keep slaves after all Old Testament advices us to do so.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

So you have changed from levites to priest now? You are dumb soul. How far do you want to go with this empty defence of error?

You don't know anything, you're confused. Only a stingy man complains when tithe is mentioned. Those that are employed by the church, is it from your pocket that they will be paid. Do you know how much it takes to host a crusade at Eagle square. Close your mouth if you don't know what to say. People like you spends on alcoholics and prostitutes but frowns when people like us pay tithe.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2016
blueseacats:
The biggest mistake I think way make is not understanding that word Christ, said on the cross, "it is finished" if we still needed the priest and Levites to help us reach God, then there was no need for Christ to set foot on this earth, he said "nobody I repeat nobody comes to my father unless through me", working in the vineyard is something anybody can do, at your place of work, your gym, your house, and telling anyone you come across about about Christ, remember the bible said our body is his temple.

I don't know what gospel Jehovah's witnesses are preaching as I don't agree with their doctrine, but have you seen anyone that claims not to have come in contact with a witness? Probably non, and yet they have jobs and life like everyone else, knowing that their final reward is in heaven that is how Christians should spread the word, I detest people building houses call it church and taking contributions to better their lives while the motherless babies, the poor and needy, the battered and unsheltered woman are everywhere in our society living in penury.

Again saying that pastors are Levites is like saying we should continue to keep slaves after all Old Testament advices us to do so.

You said that Jehovah's witnesse have their reward in Heaven. But do they believe in Heaven?. Why you dey lie like this?.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by ranktzy(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2016
engrchykae:
if Rockefeller is the founder of mobil/exxon,then he is a wicked man,continental looter and enemy of the natural ecosystem but he is now a saint because he gave a fraction of his loot to one priest.
I just laugh @ people that want to attribute Rockefeller's wealth to tithing. He was a ruthless business man, who wouldn't mind closing down one of his refineries, just to cut someone off benefitting from it. It was in his latter years he realized everything was vanity, & started giving out dangerously... #The men who built America
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by ranktzy(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2016
I just laugh @ people that want to attribute Rockefeller's wealth only to tithing. He was a ruthless business man, who wouldn't mind closing down one of his refineries, just to cut someone off benefitting from it. It was in his latter years he realized everything was vanity, & started giving out dangerously... #The men who built America
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by blazer234: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You don't know anything, you're confused. Only a stingy man complains when tithe is mentioned. Those that are employed by the church, is it from your pocket that they will be paid. Do you know how much it takes to host a crusade at Eagle square. Close your mouth if you don't know what to say. People like you spends on alcoholics and prostitutes but frowns when people like us pay tithe.

You should shut your idiotic mouth up, empty pastor slave. You tried covering the erroneous and sacrilegious nonsense of your empty pastors with the Bible. But when that failed, you resorted to abuse.

There are peeps who don't pay tithe, but they are very wealthy and give to the poor more than your empty pastors or even you, his slave, will ever give.

You are empty and have nothing to offer other than emptiness.

Did anybody forced your pastor to form church? What made him break away from his former church if not empty arrogance?
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by blazer234: 11:35am On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

DUMB!

It is clear you are the dumb empty soul here
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

You should shut your idiotic mouth up, empty pastor slave. You tried covering the erroneous and sacrilegious nonsense of your empty pastors with the Bible. But when that failed, you resorted to abuse.

There are peeps who don't pay tithe, but they are very wealthy and give to the poor more than your empty pastors or even you, his slave, will ever give.

You are empty and have nothing to offer other than emptiness.

Did anybody forced your pastor to form church? What made him break away from his former church if not empty arrogance?

Break away from where?. Show me your church or organisation and I will tell you how they raise fund. Do not be deceived, no organisation can survive without money whether you call it tithe, Zakat, donation, offering, gift etc all na money. In Matthew 17 even Jesus was held until he pay money.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by sekundosekundo: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2016
blazer234:

It is clear you are the dumb empty soul here
I paid tithe to my Church and you are angry, what are you?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Omowole Isaac: Self-Acclaimed "Jesus Christ" Appears In Lagos (video) - SR / Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.