Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,576 members, 7,861,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? (7703 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Saraki And Udom Rejoice As Super Eagles Score / Ondo Workers Rejoice As Governor Akeredolu Pays Salary / 6 Takeaways From Buhari's Speech During 2017 Budget Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by akaahs(m): 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Before u being think say i go rejoice? Wey i never see 2016 budget for ground. Lets pray anoda controversy doesn't treal the 2017 budget. Budget of change nd budget of recovery are both coming from set fail government.
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by akaahs(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
Paentera:

Pretty shallow analysis. Lacks the basic premise of qualifying and quantifying required of a solid critique.

No 1 does not tell us why the budget was rushed nor compares to any specific years that are "failed budgets.

No 2 You again failed to measure the yardstick for arriving at the faulty conclusion. Providing the real value in comparison to a specific period is what is expected here. What parameters of comparison are you using? Inflation? Consumer Purchase Index? FX rates?

No 3 How many nations in the same economic bracket as Nigeria adhere to UNESCO's 26% requirement? How about comparing apples with apples next time? Also in analysis or when crticising, stick to a writing style that does helps you communicate clearly rather than using anarchaic words in the attempt to sound smart.

No 4 You pull out parameters such as 20% inflation just because an Economist said so. Include your corroborating or independent research else you come across as a copy and paste reviewer. 10 Economists can be askee to forecast macro economic scenarios for a situation and all 10 will come up with 10 totally different analysis. You goofed when you could not put up any statistical guide that informed your conclusion.

No 5. Your last conclusion about no SME component is rather faulty considering the numerous opportunities available such as BOI backed programs, N-Power to mention a few that are directly funded by the social inclined budget.

Give your analysis a reboot, this initial one doesn't cut it.
pls can u give us ur own analysis of the 2017 budget? It seem as if u are an economist with wealth of knowledge that we tap from. Waiting for ur inputs on the 2017 budget.
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by ReubenE(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
grodt999:

And the citizens are not illiterates?
How do you describe people who buy private jets for fake pastors and become enslaved to a religon founded by a paedophile terrorist?
How do you describe people who know they cannot feed children but have them in abundance anyway?
How do you describe people who employ low level chinese, indian and Lebanese immigrants and call them master?

If you want to know the problem of Nigeria look at the average citizen!
This your comment is a masterpiece. Short yet speaks volume.

Bad leadership is a product of bad society so do bad laws. Nigerians are responsible for the bad leaders we have today. An average Nigerian creates problems for himself and society on daily bases, some even insurmountable.

However, the blame still goes to the leaders because even the devil is believed to give with one hand and take with the other, but our leaders only takes until the country winds up dead.

The onus therefore is on all Nigerians to contribute positively to the growth of the country through the little things we do as individuals at the family level, and society at large.
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by Olu317(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
ehissi:
I am amazed at my country-men........ undecided

I still remember, when President Jonathan declared a budget of over #4trillion. Pastor Tunde Bakare held a semron which was broadcast live on television with the budget at the centre of the message.

He talked about how Goodluck was preping the future generation for slavery, as the budget was too high, and how he was still going to use the instrument of debt to finance such a ridiculously high budget at over #4trillion.

How he was not afraid to tell the truth, and will never compromise on integrity and how it was the duty of men like him to warn the Nation, to warn the people.

What happened to that duty?

Today, we are talking about a 2017 budget of over #7trillion but yet we heard no noise. Buhari is secretly/openly lobbying to borrow #9.06 trillion (that's $29.6billion @ #306 to the dollar rate. At the parallel market rate of #500 to the dollar, that figure is over #14trillion ) yet nobody is screaming.

Even some of the premises on which the budget was crafted, from the dollar rate, to the inflation rate; all are fictitious and nobody is talking.

Except the National assembly, no-one is really taking the government to task, even Pa Tunde Bakare is silent.

It is well......... undecided
How on earth do you expect anyone to talk?, We asked for a saintly person, we got the opposite. We await the Federal Republic of PMB, who intend to use tactics to tie Nigerians down into slavery by borrowing from the World recognised organisation so as to continue to compel Nigeria's different ethnic groups to still forcefully be together. That is indeed the intention of over ambitious budget of 2017.And what will be the Budget of 2018?, All the recovered loot that have been handed over to Nigeria government, What have they done wit in helping the dying masses? A clarion call to those who knows what this mean.
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by obailala(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)Don't allow obailala meet you criticizing Buhari cheesy

2) Correct your No 3 point...it is the fault of executive viz Buhari not lawmakers plz...

3)7.7trillion budget which APC and Buhari mischievously claims is highest budget is BIG LIE... because in terms of value; 2016 budget which wasn't implemented Upto 10% is around $30billion while 2017 is around $24billion. so where's the increase? we rather had reduction. FEAR APC cheesy

4)Other points are germane
I am in 100% agreement with the article by Henry Boyo and many other of his statements. I am not like some mumu wailing zombies I know who believe that their fallen hero is an omnipotent and infallible saint even against proven evidence staring them in the face which proves contrary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by mfm04622: 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:
Buhari is hoping on another unrealistic source of funding the 2017 budget through IMF loans paid out in USDs.

What Buhari doesnt know is that China has been dumping US treasury bills and debt like it was hot coals in preference to Gold.

Russia has also ramped up their reserves by dumping the same USD in preference to Gold. Russia just last week bought $3bn worth of Gold.

As things stand now, the US dollar is heading for a major crash with Gold prices expected to spike which will lead to a spiraling recession in the US all stemming from Obama's mounting debt and aggressive posture towards Russia.

Obama is desperate to escalate tensions and start a world war with Russia before he leaves office to mask his ponzi scheme economic growth.

All that said, the dollar will soon be worthless.

Your theory will be false! For your information, US want Dollars to fall so that their export will be cheaper. If Dollars fall, America is happy

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by finesthaykay(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Why wait for 2-30days to double your bitcoin.When u can double it up in 40hrs and Make 5% of ur capital every hour.You can withdraw hourly https://stancebit.com/?ref=Finesthaykay 08031558701 Still paying

https:///0b5WVJ3RVFF3nHrgvcA7Db
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
mfm04622:

Your theory will be false! For your information, US want Dollars to fall so that their export will be cheaper. If Dollars fall, America is happy

A crashing dollar leads to gold spiking

The US policy has been since the Gold standard was discarded to undermine other currencies and gold appreciation.

You obviously don't understand the basic monetary policy that keeps the $20trillion and climbing debt based economy of the US afloat. The US is a net importer and consumer based economy and they are able to achieve this by ensuring the USD remains Supreme as a means of global trade.

Can you mention one single sector which the US dominates as an exporter?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by grodt999: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
ReubenE:

This your comment is a masterpiece. Short yet speaks volume.

Bad leadership is a product of bad society so do bad laws. Nigerians are responsible for the bad leaders we have today. An average Nigerian creates problems for himself and society on daily bases, some even insurmountable.

However, the blame still goes to the leaders because even the devil is believed to give with one hand and take with the other, but our leaders only takes until the country winds up dead"

The onus therefore is on all Nigerians to contribute positively to the growth of the country through the little things we do as individuals at the family level, and society at large.

Well you made some good points but you are also part of the problem...it is either people who do not know or those or only know enough not to help fix it.

Lets discuss the commonsense of YOUR statement "However, the blame still goes to the leaders because even the devil is believed to give with one hand and take with the other, but our leaders only takes until the country winds up dead.

1, how can you blame LEADERS who despite the citizens knowing they are crooks are allowed to win fraudulent elections or carry out military coup without the citizens doing much about it? Even if some of these people got to leadership legally why do the citizens allow them stay in power knowing they are ineffective...DO YOU HOESTLY THINK IF NIGERIAN CITIZENS ARE NOT MORONS WHO ARE TO BLAME, THIS WILL HAPPEN?

2, You mentioned the devil (a concept that no one on this planet know yet Nigerians like you legitimize the existence and use it to shape your mentality! Is that also the fault of LEADERS

3, Did you say the leaders take until the country wind up dead?
Nigerian Citizens have stolen, defrauded and corrupted the country more than any leaders will ever do. There is no sector (private and public) where nigerian citizens work and not take bribe. Even street food sellers will give you expired products, collect gratification for services, 419 you, armed robbers, fake pastors/imams,,,,Nigeria is packed with criminals, thieves and conmen yet you are blaming WHO? LEADERS?
Is it the leaders that asked ibo people to carry drugs to Asia and other parts of the world, is it leaders who are sending prostitutes to Italy...despite the fact that Nigeria is not the poorest country on earth?
Nigerian population is nearly 200 million despite hunger and starvation...children are being born into instant poverty by citizens not leaders.
Fake chinese rice, toxic waste, contraband and other illegal substances are being put in circulation to kill fellow Nigerians but your response is leaders!!!

you cannot even enter Nigeria without some citizen wearing a uniform asking you for bribe to enter your own country.

Is it leaders who are doing land 419 all over Nigeria? You cannot leave your house in Nigeria without another Nigerian trying to murder, attack, cheat, abuse and terrorise you!

I beg get a life jare!
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by ReubenE(m): 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
grodt999:

Well you made some good points but you are also part of the problem...it is either people who do not know or those or only know enough not to help fix it.

Lets discuss the commonsense of YOUR statement "However, the blame still goes to the leaders because even the devil is believed to give with one hand and take with the other, but our leaders only takes until the country winds up dead.

1, how can you blame LEADERS who despite the citizens knowing they are crooks are allowed to win fraudulent elections or carry out military coup without the citizens doing much about it? Even if some of these people got to leadership legally why do the citizens allow them stay in power knowing they are ineffective...DO YOU HOESTLY THINK IF NIGERIAN CITIZENS ARE NOT MORONS WHO ARE TO BLAME, THIS WILL HAPPEN?

2, You mentioned the devil (a concept that no one on this planet know yet Nigerians like you legitimize the existence and use it to shape your mentality! Is that also the fault of LEADERS

Nigerian Citizens have stolen, defrauded and corrupted the country more than any leaders will ever do. There is no sector (private and public) where nigerian citizens work and not take bribe. Even street food sellers will give you expired products, collect gratification for services, 419 you, armed robbers, fake pastors/imams,,,,Nigeria is packed with criminals, thieves and conmen yet you are blaming WHO? LEADERS?
Is it the leaders that asked ibo people to carry drugs to Asia and other parts of the world, is it leaders who are sending prostitutes to Italy...despite the fact that Nigeria is not the poorest country on earth?
Nigerian population is nearly 200 million despite hunger and starvation...children are being born into instant poverty by citizens not leaders.
Fake chinese rice, toxic waste, contraband and other illegal substances are being put in circulation to kill fellow Nigerians but your response is leaders!!!

you cannot even enter Nigeria without some citizen wearing a uniform asking you for bribe to enter your own country.

Is it leaders who are doing land 419 all over Nigeria? You cannot leave your house in Nigeria without another Nigerian trying to murder, attack, cheat, abuse and terrorise you!

I beg get a life jare!

You made good points I must say. But then, I must say again that you are very temperamental, judging by your conclusion. You don't have to sound rude in order to be emphatic.
Nearly everything you said above can be classified under my earlier statement that "bad leadership is a product of bad society". This statement explains that our society is bad, and it is this bad society that is responsible for our leaders behaving in a manner they are not suppose to. I also said the onus is on all Nigerians to contribute positively to the growth of the country through the little roles we play at the family level and society at large.

Again, I said earlier that an average Nigerian creates problems for himself and society at large. I believe this statement explains all the anomalies you highlighted above that are associated with Nigerians.

Again, the aspect where I said the devil, you ought to know that it is figurative, and doesn't mean whether anyone has seen the devil. It is a common believe that the devil is a bad guy and that he perpetrate evil, that serves as the background for its usage in my comment. I don't think I am wrong for doing that.

On the area where I blamed the leaders which appear to upset you is unavoidable in this discourse.
First, politics belongs to the superstructure. This means that it is politics that allocate values to every other sector of society. This is followed closely by law and economy.
Leadership is a product of politics in Nigeria, therefore can be used to encourage or discourage social behaviour. That includes all the vices you mentioned above that are associated with Nigerians.

My brother, like where you have smoke, there is fire, where humans exist, there is a state, where there is a state, there is politics, and where there is politics, there is power. The power here can be used to build or destroy, punish or reward, make good or make bad etc.
Why I apportioned some of the blame to the leaders is because they are the ones who exercise this power.

Leadership is suppose to be responsive so that the citizens can make informed choices in order to lead the good life.

Finally, the part where you said I should get a life, I don't think I did anything wrong to deserve that abrasive comment. I mean, you barely know me, so it is not morally correct for you to say that.

People should be more cosmopolitan in outlook when making contributions here. I think throwing insults is gradually becoming a Nigerian problem which our leaders will have to solve too.

Thank you
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by Leopardd(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2016
grodt999:

Is it the leaders that asked Yoruba people to be doing Yahoo all over and has made name for themselves as hardcore Gee boys (Opa 6ix, Investor BJ, Kayode Philips, Aremo Gucci, anyone?), they are everywhere, Sauti, Malay ati Europe, America, Kenya, even Ghana here dem dey trek enter am to do dating scam....
carry drugs to Asia and other parts of the world, is it leaders who are sending prostitutes to Italy...despite the fact that Nigeria is not the poorest country on earth?

I beg get a life jare!

Fixed!

Is it the leaders that asked Yoruba people to be doing Yahoo all over and has made name for themselves as hardcore Gee boys (Opa 6ix, Investor BJ, Kayode Philips, Aremo Gucci, anyone?), they are everywhere, Sauti, Malay ati Europe, America, Kenya, even Ghana here dem dey trek enter am to do dating scam....
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by grodt999: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2016
Leopardd:

Fixed!

I am not Yoruba and sorry to disappoint you but the biggest problem of Nigeria are the ibos.
What am I saying? The biggest problem of AFRICA are the ibos.

If Nigeria wants to get anywhere it must do something about the ibos.
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by Leopardd(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
grodt999:

I am not Igbo and sorry to disappoint you but the biggest problem of Nigeria are the Yorubas according to Sanusi.
What am I saying? The biggest problem of AFRICA are the Yorubas and their scamming tendency.

If Nigeria wants to get anywhere it must do something about the Yorubas backstabbing and chameleon nature.

Nuff said!
Re: Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? by AdoptedSon: 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2016
BoBLEGACY16:

when will you stop this pessimism

did you see the part: WE CAN ONLY REMAIN OPTIMISTIC (in bold). The above is a mere statement of fact as a concerned Nigerian not a display of mindset.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Leaders Don’t Value Education – Fela Durotoye / Don’t Break Nigeria To Break The News —lai Mohammed / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.