Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general (9158 Views)

Anthony Ayine: More MDAs Violate Audit Laws Under Buhari Than Previous Govt / Workers Day : Drama As Workers Reject Being Addressed By Perm Sec. / Buhari Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Anyene As Auditor-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by barcaboi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
seunmsg:

The nominee is not just a local government employee, he is the auditor general of local governments in Cross river state. In addition, he's also a qualified chartered accountant with years of experience. The federal civil service commission advertised the position and all qualified professionals applied. Written and oral interview were conducted and he came first in both. The president only accepted the recommendation of the commission. He emerged strictly on merit and not through any undue influence. The protest is absolutely unnecessary.
u dey mind am...we just wanna criticise...if na northerner, dem go still talk. ...if he's qualified why not...tho progression shd be used for civil service. ..

2 Likes

Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by AZeD1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
Any staff who doesn't the new Auditor General should resign.

Its not their fathers company. Lazy bunch who want someone that will allow the sleep on duty.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by deusp: 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
How did you know he came first #bros I know pips who work there,.they know why they are protesting
seunmsg:

All I know is that he came first during the interview and I will support and work with him to move the office forward.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
Na them sabi
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by udemzyudex(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
Achuwa1:
This govt is quack.
Just because IMF requisite for loan is tht u must have an auditor general & because buhari need the loan desperately to enslave our future generation to service loan they know nothing about he now nominated someone from Local govt Employees to man a career professsion like AGOF...
Buhari has really lost touch of reality on ground via ministers with a particular career profession that he appointed to occupy a position different from their field of study.
Chris Ngige come to mind.

If you don't know the work of an auditor general just keep quiet, what you should be praying for is, he should be a good auditor that will uncover any trick (419 chopping) in the government.

1 Like

Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by deusp: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
Listen to yourself #auditor general in a local government #not even state...he does not even quantify for a director in the office of the auditor general not to talk of being the auditor general
seunmsg:

The nominee is not just a local government employee, he is the auditor general of local governments in Cross river state. In addition, he's also a qualified chartered accountant with years of experience. The federal civil service commission advertised the position and all qualified professionals applied. Written and oral interview were conducted and he came first in both. The president only accepted the recommendation of the commission. He emerged strictly on merit and not through any undue influence. The protest is absolutely unnecessary.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by courage89(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
Can someone please post his bio
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by Mayflowa(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
adedayoa2:
Don't sell your birth right, because he's got ICAN is not enough. You, you no get ICAN

No. This isn't correct. He didn't say he was qualified because he got ICAN. He emphasized that he went through the qualification process of examination and interview from a commission set up to do it.

Globally, job intereview is still the best way of selecting candidates for appointment. So you rather wish they picked someone who did poorly that him?

I don't know or care about who assume OAGF. I am only speaking from the sentence that you reacted to

1 Like

Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by Ibman: 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
The appointee is a GL 13 equivalent in Federal Civil Service... His scope of work na only local government not even state government..

He will now be addressed as Auditor General for the Federation of Local government of the federation of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by adedayoa2(f): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mayflowa:

No. This isn't correct. He didn't say he was qualified because he got ICAN. He emphasized that he went through the qualification process of examination and interview from a commission set up to do it.

Globally, job intereview is still the best way of selecting candidates for appointment. So you rather wish they picked someone who did poorly that him?

I don't know or care about who assume OAGF. I am only speaking from the sentence that you reacted to
forget it Seun is my PP
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by mayoor15(m): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
Just wondering, if GTB needs a new CEO now, should they go out for a microfinance boss or go for an insider, some people here keep shouting that Kemi Adeosun isn't qualified to be the minister of finance, why? She was a mere commissioner. Now you are asking a mere local government auditor general to be Nigeria auditor general and you expect progress, if he was that good, he should be his state auditor general, so ICAN is now the yardstick to judge a good auditor, Nigeria don miss am long time ago
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by deusp: 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
True bro
mayoor15:
Just wondering, if GTB needs a new CEO now, should they go out for a microfinance boss or go for an insider, some people here keep shouting that Kemi Adeosun isn't qualified to be the minister of finance, why? She was a mere commissioner. Now you are asking a mere local government auditor general to be Nigeria auditor general and you expect progress, if he was that good, he should be his state auditor general, so ICAN is now the yardstick to judge a good auditor, Nigeria don miss am long time ago
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by Bimpe29: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
It is always painful when an outsider is brought to head an organization with several insiders who are professionally qualified and competent to oversee its affairs.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by TheTrutharies: 9:25am On Dec 22, 2016
seunmsg:

All I know is that he came first during the interview and I will support and work with him to move the office forward.
Pls get your facts right ... what prove do you have that Certifies he came first? Besides he his from the same state as the head of civil service who insisted she was going to be the only one asking all the questions. It can therefore be concluded that unethically knew the questions upfront. This doesn't correspond with PMB fight against corruption I believe.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by TheTrutharies: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
Bimpe29:
It is always painful when an outsider is brought to head an organization with several insiders who are professionally qualified and competent to oversee its affairs.
I agree with you strongly. But I Believe when outsiders and insiders are given equal right to compete in a credible evaluation process, it produces the best man for the job.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by TheTrutharies: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2016
deusp:
Listen to yourself #auditor general in a local government #not even state...he does not even quantify for a director in the office of the auditor general not to talk of being the auditor general
Yes. He doesn't even qualify for a director in federal civil service. Besides the head of service is from cross river, why do they have to shortlist both the state auditor general and the local government auditor general for the interview. The head of civil service needs to be investigated on this. #conspiracy
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by TheTrutharies: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2016
adedayoa2:
abeggy, me and you know he's got backing and it was the backing that conducted the interview. Lobatan
Lol. I also know the backing.
Re: Workers Reject Buhari’s Appointment Of Ayine As Auditor-general by Olaolufred(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Achuwa1:
This govt is quack.
Just because IMF requisite for loan is tht u must have an auditor general & because buhari need the loan desperately to enslave our future generation to service loan they know nothing about he now nominated someone from Local govt Employees to man a career professsion like AGOF...
Buhari has really lost touch of reality on ground via ministers with a particular career profession that he appointed to occupy a position different from their field of study.
Chris Ngige come to mind.

If Augustine Ayine had be a "cow", you would have cursed Buhari.

But now that he is a Semi-human from Cross Rivers, you know he is a local govt employee.

If he is from black zionist cum Biafra, he will be qualified by you on merit.

No one can be qualified for any position in Nigeria on merit if he is not from the world of fantasy.

I hail the self-anointed zionists, but seef deception is spotted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Promises To Intervene In Aviation Sector Facility Crisis / 2023: Appeal Court Affirms Ikechi Emenike As Abia APC Guber Candidate / Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.