Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,594 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors (28312 Views)

RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / "Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
ideatoprince18:
...... Sister me ........ av been in ur shoes before ..... my aunt has been in dis scenario b4 ...... Her husband is wealthy n stays out of d country ..... They are very well to do buh every time she visits us ... she always borrow money from my mum ..... When we discovered that she always foot d bills of one local pastor like DAT ....... We arranged for d Pastor to b harrased by Army n even threaten to take him to court for collection of money under false pretence!!!! ...... That is when all those rubbish stopped!!!

Good one. Just the right antidote for scamming.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by thelish(f): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
ideatoprince18:
...... Sister me ........ av been in ur shoes before ..... my aunt has been in dis scenario b4 ...... Her husband is wealthy n stays out of d country ..... They are very well to do buh every time she visits us ... she always borrow money from my mum ..... When we discovered that she always foot d bills of one local pastor like DAT ....... We arranged for d Pastor to b harrased by Army n even threaten to take him to court for collection of money under false pretence!!!! ...... That is when all those rubbish stopped!!!

Hmmmm. U do this to a pastor, my mum will reject u. lol
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by ThinkSmarter: 12:55am On Dec 23, 2016
thelish:

My dear, u really understand d scenario. she doesn't listen to anyone. whatever a pastor says is final. And they ve so much know her to be a free giver, so they invite each other to come and scam. Some even call her to change their car tyres for them. The one she bought wine for, told her to buy carton, that he is bigger than a bottle of wine. see race she carry go buy carton of wine.
I seem to understand what z happening, I may be wrong though, ur mother seems to be kind hearted and meek by nature, and she z really blessed with successful children whom she loves and cares about, but the pastors might hv likely taken advantage of that to preach to her into giving much to the work of God as doing so will cause God to reciprocate the gesture by blessing, promoting and Saving her children from evil eyes, that's some of the pranks Nigerian pastors use.
I guess u need to calm down and discuss with her, to ascertain her reasons for giving out her money to pastors, then u can advise her that itz not as if u re against her giving/donating to the church, but some of the so called men of God re nothing but jobless scammers in disguise.
Caution the pastors involved sternly if they persist to lure her.
Be Using the money to buy necessary foodstuffs /clothes that she will likely need, then u can gv her a token that u will keep ur eyes from, on hw she spends it.
It takes gentleness and wisdom to convince an elderly women, probably 60+, as their sense of rationality hv diminished, they re always gullible.
I hv had a similar situation.
just be gentle with her, Mothers are sweet indeed.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by edogho(m): 3:16am On Dec 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Reverad means GREATEST in LATIN. DOMINO MEANS GOD in Latin. DOMINO REVERAD in latin means GREATEST GOD. So you saying Reverad is a demon means you are saying GREATEST is a demon. However, yahweh knows his father ALMIGHTY GOD and he can't deny this fact. May the LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY SHINE UPON YOUR BRAIN IN OTEM'S NAME I PRAY.
Any African language to even call this Domino Reverad?

Me prefers my African tongues.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by xolomonstrides(m): 3:24am On Dec 23, 2016
Splinz:

Simply do your job of providing for her. Whatever and however she chooses to spent what you've given to her is non of your business- you've played your own part.

That's mum for you. I can't just help but love them all the same irrespective of what I think may be their mistakes.
Have you gotten to the point where you have dependant relatives? Cos nobody would spend his hard earned money on an irresponsible person. If you give your dad money and he uses 100% to gamble, sniff cocaine and drink kain kain. Would you continue even when you know that you are helping him towards a wrong path?

My advice to the op, buy her foodstuffs, clothing and other things she needs that the pastors are most likely not going to be interested in. And keep mounting pressure on the pastors. And make sure every thing you do is done in public( in presence of the church members) henceforth.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by otemanuduno: 3:54am On Dec 23, 2016
edogho:

Any African language to even call this Domino Reverad?

Me prefers my African tongues.
This is a response when Samuel Ekwueme aka 4evergod asked for the name of God Almighty
I wrote this as an addendum to the DOCTUFOS for the people who shall exist in the far future.
:

Songs Of Otem 5:16-28
16. Now O Samuel who has demanded to know the names which our God is called, read carefully and you shall see that his names are even with us. And they are even on google via the Google Translate.
17. Now O Samuel, here are the names of our God:
18. Dominus is being interpreted Lord in Latin and Reverad in the latin of millions of years back means GREATEST. Therefore the name Dominus Reverad is Greatest God.
19. And Lord is his name in English.
20. And in Hausa is name is Ubangiji.
21. In your language, go and check out for his name. This shall be an assignment for you also.
22. And his name in Cebuano is called Ginoo. And Gospodar is his name in Bulgarian language.
23. Call him Senyor in Catalan and Pán in Czech. In German language is his name called Herr and in Zulu call him Nkosi.
24. And in the language I speak, his name is Oluwa. And in my state of origin his name is Omori. Call him Hokmdar in Azerbaijani and Sahkain bhurarr sai in another language.
25. He is Raja in Sudanese and Omo in Japanese. And in Welsh, call him Arglwdd.
26. Those are the names of our God in few languages of the world. Now O Samuel, be not lazy. Take your tablet and find out the names of the LORD in many other languages. Then shall you also have a chapter named after you in the DOCTUFOS if you so wish.
27. For the DOCTUFOS is the collection of facts from real people and not from fake and dead people like in all the religious books.
28. And only the truth shall be recorded here, even to all the prophesies which I Otem make. Both they which are wrong and they which are right. That the things written in the DOCTUFOS could be fulfilled, saying, no homo can tell the future as it would be all the time, but only Knoliud the knowledge of God can do so in his Thummims.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Gboyee4fun(m): 4:26am On Dec 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Now u are denying pastors which originated from your belief. May God Almighty help you.

it is really meaningless talking to you on Christianity because you are have blinded with ignorance and running a useless and baseless purpose...the question is that..is the op a christian or not?....your course is a loss one and your doctrine is really futile
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by otemanuduno: 4:40am On Dec 23, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

it is really meaningless talking to you on Christianity because you are have blinded with ignorance and running a useless and baseless purpose...the question is that..is the op a christian or not?....your course is a loss one and your doctrine is really futile
Is the pastor a Christian or not? Oya, deny na wink
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by armyofone(m): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Temp stop giving her money. Preach to her about the hard economy and send her your unkempt and old garment pic.
Take off your braids and take a pix of your scattered hair and send to her.
grin
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Splinz(m): 6:12am On Dec 23, 2016
potent5:

Abeg it's not the issue of censorship; you're just afraid of committing grammatical blunders like you've been doing. Like 'droolS' instead of drool (plural verb) " 'another bunchES' of nonsense post" instead of another bunch (another is for singular)... hihihi.
Just watch your verbs and concord, if you know what I mean, dimwit, before you go dey correct another of writing scanner in place of scammer. Glad you are laughing ur ass off and rolling on the floor like a monkey, tho.

Kikiki... I've always known you as a fool.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by freethinker01: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2016
thelish:
PLS, MOD, I REALLY DONT NEED THIS ON FP. LALASTICA
how about you arrange a pastor for her(might be a person u know, anyone you can trust on that.) Tell the person all these your mother is going through, just set up a meeting for the supposed prophet with your mother without her knowledge(might be a market place or an open place). Make the person tell her how her generosity is affecting her family and how the so called pastors are exploiting her weakness. Also tell him to tell her that if she continues like this, her children might abandon her. U get the drift?? I hope this helps.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by kacglobal: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2016
thelish:

She wants to be seen as Mrs perfect outside. Thank u my sister. Me, I don tire oooo

Madam Na una still dey cus all this stuff. Let u kids wakeup one day and tell her all of you will disown her because of this . And daddy also say he is going to leave and divorce her because of the pastor and u guys should act it squarely.

You see Dre is what I call the disaster botton . Press it u will be amazed how her brain will reset when the pastor tell her the usual winch n wizard .. u dont call her if she calls u. Say who is dis.

Believe me it will dawn on her that u are serious she will stop if she loves u guys a little bit.

If she doesn't. It's best u just leave it that way cus my Dear no love for u guys again. The love died a long time ago n u guys didn't know. Cus it's all about love.

Nothing should be able to waver a mother's love for her kids. N if this does. Then that's the void she is filling.

Drops pen #pro. grin cool
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 8:11am On Dec 23, 2016
Splinz:

Kikiki... I've always known you as a fool.
See bashing! See finishing! Really finissshhed u there.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Splinz(m): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2016
potent5:
See bashing! See finishing! Really finissshhed u there.
Kikiki... Your mumuism is simply amazing... Olodo.
LMFAO
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by thelish(f): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2016
kacglobal:

Madam Na una still dey cus all this stuff. Let u kids wakeup one day and tell her all of you will disown her because of this . And daddy also say he is going to leave and divorce her because of the pastor and u guys should act it squarely.

You see Dre is what I call the disaster botton . Press it u will be amazed how her brain will reset when the pastor tell her the usual winch n wizard .. u dont call her if she calls u. Say who is dis.

Believe me it will dawn on her that u are serious she will stop if she loves u guys a little bit.

If she doesn't. It's best u just leave it that way cus my Dear no love for u guys again. The love died a long time ago n u guys didn't know. Cus it's all about love.

Nothing should be able to waver a mother's love for her kids. N if this does. Then that's the void she is filling.

Drops pen #pro. grin cool

Haven't we done all these??
we may not be in talking terms for a month plus. After settlement, she starts hiding d giving.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by thelish(f): 9:03am On Dec 23, 2016
freethinker01:
how about you arrange a pastor for her(might be a person u know, anyone you can trust on that.) Tell the person all these your mother is going through, just set up a meeting for the supposed prophet with your mother without her knowledge(might be a market place or an open place). Make the person tell her how her generosity is affecting her family and how the so called pastors are exploiting her weakness. Also tell him to tell her that if she continues like this, her children might abandon her. U get the drift?? I hope this helps.

Thanks. My elder bro have done sth similar before.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by thelish(f): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
I seem to understand what z happening, I may be wrong though, ur mother seems to be kind hearted and meek by nature, and she z really blessed with successful children whom she loves and cares about, but the pastors might hv likely taken advantage of that to preach to her into giving much to the work of God as doing so will cause God to reciprocate the gesture by blessing, promoting and Saving her children from evil eyes, that's some of the pranks Nigerian pastors use.
I guess u need to calm down and discuss with her, to ascertain her reasons for giving out her money to pastors, then u can advise her that itz not as if u re against her giving/donating to the church, but some of the so called men of God re nothing but jobless scammers in disguise.
Caution the pastors involved sternly if they persist to lure her.
Be Using the money to buy necessary foodstuffs /clothes that she will likely need, then u can gv her a token that u will keep ur eyes from, on hw she spends it.
It takes gentleness and wisdom to convince an elderly women, probably 60+, as their sense of rationality hv diminished, they re always gullible.
I hv had a similar situation.
just be gentle with her, Mothers are sweet indeed.

Thank u so so much. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by freethinker01: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2016
thelish:

Thanks. My elder bro have done sth similar before.
and did it help when u tried it?
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by kacglobal: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2016
thelish:

Haven't we done all these??
we may not be in talking terms for a month plus. After settlement, she starts hiding d giving.

Talking terms is different from telling her ur going to disown her. Just the same way she says it if u speak ill of the pastor's.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Gboyee4fun(m): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Is the pastor a Christian or not? Oya, deny na wink

continue barking...
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by MmmS(f): 9:54am On Dec 24, 2016
thelish:

The pastor took it for his personal use. why she is busy trekking under d rain n sun. At times, she will call me to come pick her up
I think its time you start showing her a bit of tough love, she might change. Instead of giving her money you should buy her groceries. If she gives those away and calls you complaining about hunger tell her to go eat wherever it is she left the food you bought for her. Eventually she will realise that what she is doing is not wise at all.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Otem2016: 11:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

continue barking...
cheesy grin
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Splinz:

Kikiki... Your mumuism is simply amazing... Olodo.
LMFAO
EFULEFU. That's Idoma and Igbo word for 'dimwit', dimwit. Efulefu
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Splinz(m): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
[s]
potent5:

EFULEFU. That's Idoma and Igbo word for 'dimwit', dimwit. Efulefu
[/s]
You this mumu again

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Splinz:
ou this mumu again
You must receive sense, dimwit.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Splinz(m): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2016
potent5:

You must receive sense, dimwit.

Stereotype fool.

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
Splinz:

Stereotype fool.
I am beginning to wonder if you are not a dimwit after all. You seem to be a somnambulist 'remoted' from the village. Your case must be spiritual and I am presently searching for the right spiritualist to 'cure' your condition. Tarry a while, somnambulist.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Splinz(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
potent5:

I am beginning to wonder if you are not a dimwit after all. You seem to be a somnambulist 'remoted' from the village. Your case must be spiritual and I am presently searching for the right spiritualist to 'cure' your condition. Tarry a while, somnambulist.

Epistles of a nincompoop. Kikiki...

Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Splinz:

Epistles of a nincompoop. Kikiki...
This is getting merrier and merrier.
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by potent5(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
Splinz:

You this mumu again
My dimwit friend, how are you? Our conversation has been getting merrier and merrier. What do you say?
Re: When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors by Splinz(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
potent5:

My dimwit friend, how are you? Our conversation has been getting merrier and merrier. What do you say?

Go and find your ilks- pigs. We're not on the same level... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition / How Many Chances Do You Give Before You Cut Someone Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.