Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency (33044 Views)

Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law / Osinbajo Signs Seven Bills Into Law As Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by falconey(m): 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
ABUJA – Presidency Tuesday night disclosed that President Mohammadu Buhari has assented to 8 new Bills.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang made the disclosure while briefing State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday.
The Bills which had metamorphosed into Laws were:

*National Judicial Institute Amendment Bill , 2016

*Advertising Practitioners Registration Amendment Bill, 2016

*Utilities Charges Commission Amendment Bill, 2016

*Quality Surveyors Registration Amendment Bill, 2016

*Small and Medium Scale Industries Development Agency Amendment Bill, 2016

*Treaty to Establish African Economic Community Relating to Pan African Parliament (Accession and Jurisdiction) Amendment Bill, 2016

*University of Abuja Amendment Bill, 2016

*Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers Amendment Bill, 2016

Enang commended the relationship that existed between the Executive and the Legislative Arms which he said culminated into a good number of Bills assented to by the president so far.
“These are bills transmitted to the President, having been assented to Mr. President have become Acts and Laws enforceable in Nigeria.
“I used this medium to commend the National Assembly for the industry and dexterity they have shown and the concentration on the core functions of the legislature because compared to times like this in previous parliaments, I think this is the highest number of bills passed by any single parliament within its one year and six months.
“I commend the leadership of the National Assembly because of the cooperation they have extended to the Executive and the Executive reciprocal cooperation has also enabled them and also provided a very conducive environment for them to function”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/breaking-news-buhari-signs-8-bills-into-law-presidency/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
Deceit !!, until I start seeing the impact.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by manutdrichie(m): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
Utilities charges commission, hope the commission will concentrate on the millions of mansion lying idle here in Abuja

Pls dnt mind the guy below me, he is one of Lai Mohammad e-rats grin

32 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by maclatunji: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
I suspect 2017 will witness progress in Nigeria because things are beginning to fall into place and momentum is building-up.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2016

Always signing nonsense bills, when is he gonna sign the resignation letter and go feed his cows in Borno state ??

Does he know that his zombies are dying of hunger and always crying like a rat on mensuration ??

But i didn't see the " stop the hunger in the zombie community " or the make " $1 to be 70 naira bill "

He's busy signing the make "Dangote rich forever" and the "I'm clueless and dumb bill"

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
Government of lies, you campaigned promising to end corruption but these bills don't even come close to identifying corruption nor ending it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by lifezone247(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
maclatunji:
I suspect 2017 will witness progress in Nigeria because things are beginning to fall into place and momentum is building-up.
undecided undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by balanceofterror1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
hmm
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by vizkiz: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
Don't need this bullshìt Mr President. When will $1 become 500naira 1 naira.

Check my signature for nairaland beach party. wink

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Rick9(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hope dis bills help the common man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by soberdrunk(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Since i was a toddler till now that i have big belle and 'bia bia' na so i dey read about bills with big big English words in Nigeria but yet the common man still doesnt have access to "basic" social amenities. We nor wan dey hear big big grammar, we wan dey "see" development!!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by sugarwiz(f): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
All dis no concern me.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Whytelyon(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
maclatunji:

Are u sure?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by amjoseph19: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Is it just me, this xmas is very very quiet. what's happening??

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Hades2016(m): 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ok seen ..... on to the next one
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by gabazin080(m): 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
dont know why i find it hard to believe any news from apc

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by mmsen: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Let him sign the resignation letter that I penned for him so that he can go back to his cattle.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
... You already fell from grace, Nigerians are disappointed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by rawtouch: 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
seen..
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Olubukola16(f): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
I rushed to read the post thinking that he would sign the stop-the-hunger bill or even reduction-in-dollar bill undecided undecided undecided but, I was disappointed. Not everyone is interested in all the bills he signed rather, most people are interested in the alleviation of hunger and unemployment in the country.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by juniior(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
I tot I wud see sharia bill

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by UnknownT: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sign Sack Dalung into law

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Abbeyme: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
All these are amendment bills.

Where are the main bills?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
useless and confused President

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by dhamstar(m): 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
sai Baba, you do well
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by adenine02: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
lifezone247:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

unfortunately what d fellow aw sitting down you did not see standing
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Kemstarlopez: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
How about bill for stomach infrastructure...!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by adenine02: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Freshsnoow:
useless and confused President

just like you papa

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Chikelue2000(m): 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
After a lot of explanations? Wetin dat one sabi
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by adenine02: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whytelyon:

Are u sure?

by the the grace of God it will be week with this country next year
Re: Buhari Signs 8 Bills Into Law-presidency by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
adenine02:

just like you papa

Otondo am not a president yet.. Go sch u no gree

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Billboard Of Imo Ministry Of Happiness (Photos) / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary / Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.