Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike (604 Views)

Infrastructural Development In Kano (pics) / Post Pictures Of The Current Infrastructural Development In Your State / Buhari Campaigner Undergoes Spinal Surgery Over Injuries Sustained In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by 247frolic(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has stated that the infrastructural development programme of his administration will be sustained in 2017.

The governor said that the 2017 budget of the state will have 75percent of funds allocated for capital projects, while 25 percent of funds will be earmarked for recurrent expenditure.

The governor spoke on Wednesday when he formally received the nomination letter of the Sun Publishing Ltd, publishers of Sun Newspapers as the "Sun Governor of the Year 2016".

He said: "We will present our 2017 budget very soon and you will see that 75 percent is dedicated to capital expenditure with only about 25 percent dedicated to recurrent expenditure.

"With whatever time we have, we will continue to put in our best. We will not disappoint Sun Newspaper for the choice you have made ".

The governor explained that his administration had to focus on infrastructural development because it inherited a completely dilapidated infrastructural base.

He said: "This award is not for me, it is for the entire state. If the State did not give me the opportunity and mandate, it would have been difficult for me to be given the 'Sun Governor of the Year 2016.'

"So I dedicate the award to the Almighty God and the people of the state. I assure you that for us, it is our duty to make a difference".

Earlier, the Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of Sun Publishing Ltd, Mr Eric Osagie said the Sun Board of Editors voted for Governor Wike to emerge the 2016 Governor of the Year because of his outstanding achievements in infrastructure, education, health, agriculture, rural development and security.

He said that the award would be formally conferred on the governor on February 18 , 2016.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
21st December, 2016

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-infrastructural-development-will.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by Splinz(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wike, the slayer of the rat of Ubima.

Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by dunkem21(m): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
See the newspaper he is holding lipsrsealed
Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by WatchinginHD(m): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
K
Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by Sandydayziz(f): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Is it not 2017...

We'll wait nd see!!
Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by Flexherbal(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
...And so help him God!
Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wike the tamer of Buhari's lap dog amechi

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by oganology33(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
I support Wike's government, only if he'll stop borrowing for capital projects.
Re: PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by Omeokachie: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
75% on capital expenditure? That will be a first in this country as far as I can remember.

Curious to see how he pulls that one off.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Audu Ogbeh Tipped To Replace Babachir Lawal – / Emeka Ojukwu / Army Confirms Arrest Of Lg Chairman With Links With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.