Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts (52148 Views)

El-rufai Reacts To Burning Of Church And Police Station In Kaduna / El-Rufai Reacts To The Demolition Of APC Factional Office In Kaduna State / Bashir El-Rufai‏ Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari; Insults Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by sar33: 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
Don’t Attack Anyone, El-Rufai cautions citizens

Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai on Wednesday appealed to citizens not to respond to the treatment meted on him by demonstrators in Kafanchan, Jema’a local government area on Tuesday.

The Governor and his entourage were pelted with stones and some of the vehicles broken after addressing some demonstrators immediately after he chaired Kaduna State Security Council meeting in the area.

The official residence of the local government chairman, Dr.Bege Katuka was also burnt.

The governor’s spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, disclosed in an official statement that Malam Nasir El-Rufai considers the unfortunate events as part of the burdens of leadership. He added that the Governor is of the view that there must be no reaction to the incident other than a continued commitment to restore peace and harmony.

The statement quoted the Governor as saying that “in the name of God, I am begging you. No one should take the law into his or her hand over what happened in Kafanchan. Although it is unfortunate, but we must rise above induced prejudice and hatred. We must defeat hate with patience, love and dedication to duty and not eye for an eye.

“It is also a burden of leadership and we will, by the special grace of God, overcome these forces of darkness who are dividing our citizens using religion, ethnicity and politics. I commend high the sense of professionalism exhibited by security personnel.

“I listened to three of the women who led the protesters as they asked me questions. I answered them and even invited them to a larger meeting, but they went on rampage and burnt the residence of the local government chairman.

“The government of Kaduna State and the Security Council sympathize with the chairman of Jema’a local government, Dr.Bege Katuka and his family over the unfortunate incident that led to the burning of their home. Our prayers and support go with them.”

Similarly, the governor will update the people of the state on the steps being taken to improve security in the state in a state-wide live radio interview on Wednesday night, from 8pm to 10 pm.

Signed

Samuel Aruwan

Special Assistant to the Governor (Media and Publicity)

21st December, 2016

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/dont-attack-anyone-el-rufai-cautions.html?m=1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by sar33: 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2016

1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Senator Sani vs El rufai 1-1

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by ajaniade004: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
The first stage before his oga at the top. Our eyes don't dey open small small

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Jaytecq(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
k
Who e help?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Took so long!!

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by peculiar3(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
...sooner or later this country will be too hot for lying politicians cheesy

hunger in the land is real sad

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Sandydayziz(f): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Lemme read first

Modified***
As long as they weren't paid for dis angry.. M with dem tongue

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by tempest01(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
I think say all the millions wey dem dey use buy cars, na bullet proof them be.

If stone do this damage, Wetin bullet go do?

I don't know why I refuse to see most of these APC people as leaders. EL rufai, obaseki etc. My view though.

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Ugrooves: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
shortman devil grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Bsc(m): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
Our attacking skills in Nigeria is too poor and Weak.
In Turkey, an Islamic radical extremist who attacked the Russian Ambassador killed him.

Na only car wee sabi destroy . Car wee politician fit buy 50 of am within one day.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by alcmene: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
You kill them with guns and they retaliate with stones

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
This is serious.

I guess the people are angry with their leadership, they should work on the message passed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by ThuGnificenX: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
The blood is flowing from Rivers to kaduna grin

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Lordtrillion(m): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
I don't pity the governor but the indigenes of the state for such act. Why because taxpayers money would be used to replace those vehicles that were damaged and the building

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Artixmentor(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
chai boys are not small smiling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by dahaz(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
In my opinion Nasir el rufai is not doing enough to stop the killings in southern kaduna. As the CSO of the state, all the blames stop on his table. let him brace up!!!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Houseofglam7(f): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Why did it take us so long?

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Olufemi99(f): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
well deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Durosure(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
AHaha
Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by googlepikins: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Did they succeed in breaking his head? If not

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
It's starting ... The revolution

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by richidinho(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Lemme read first

For how long av u been reading?
Oya chay chomchin

**Modified***

Go and sin no more grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by blackaxe78: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Armored SUV`s

1 Like

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by Miles300: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
That's more like it , I don't like violence but this leaders keep testing Nigerians ... More to follow suit

19 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by DIKEnaWAR: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Good! They should come and receive a reward from me.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by brokenplate: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dear Nairalanders thanks for your patronage so far. Please contact me on my signature for your Xmas goat.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts by samsard(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
If you've lived in Kafanchan before, you'll understand the level of hatred and animosity between the groups there. In short, the whole of Kaduna state is a ground floor of hatred and bitterness.

29 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri / Senator Ben Murray-bruce Drops Another Bombshell (Tweet) / Why Tinubu Decided To Clip Aregbesola’s Wings - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.