Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,390 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) (11717 Views)

Protest Ongoing In Bida Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) / Ebira Youth Congress (EYC) Protest Erratic Power Supply (Photos) / Residents Of Niger State Protest Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by fkdmods: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
kITATITA:
Politicians sold PHCN to themselves with no experience to run the companies. They can't even pay for electricity bought from generating companies. They want the Government to keep using tax payers money to maintain their plants

That's the funniest thing i ever read. A country of tax evaders and avoiders are complaining about taxation. You must be a comedian. grin
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by dfrost: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
idupaul:

Has he ever worked anywhere other than paying for propaganda

No one is perfect but Oshodi is a testimony of one of the things he did. Lemme stop at that.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by oyeb15: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by oyeb15: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
I think PMB deliberately made him and the other man super ministers so that Nigerians will know their abilities. Ambitious men with no competence rather nonsense packaging , propaganda , lies & no direction. Never use Lagos as a paradigm for judging a governor's performance. Lagos State is on Economic Auto - pilot. The state will progress even without a governor. Tell me a past governor who was not popular. There is money & few people depends on govt unlike other states.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by sekundosekundo: 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
arsenal33:

Politicians sold PHCN to themselves with no experience to run the companies.
Who sold PHCN?.....GEJ
Who promised to correct the wrongs of GEJ? --- Buhari
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by Freshboye1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
Puzzo10:
Where is Mr.Fayose?..Is he in the hiding?...Ekiti state is experiencing epileptic power supply but the so- called people's governor has no answer to this problem...More protest, and agitation awaits Mr Fayose...You have failed the people of Ekiti...Its high time you do the work,and stop been proud like the peacock
U b real fool, abeg wetin fayose wan do shey na im b nepa ni ? abi na im b fashola ? all he can do is process d pples complain to the phcn or watever name dey called it nw
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by olutop(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Puzzo10:
Where is Mr.Fayose?..Is he in the hiding?...Ekiti state is experiencing epileptic power supply but the so- called people's governor has no answer to this problem...More protest, and agitation awaits Mr Fayose...You have failed the people of Ekiti...Its high time you do the work,and stop been proud like the peacock

Power generation is nw the function of a state govt, Nigerians nids serious orientation politics and ethnicity wnt allow us 2 hold those who are really accountable for things......Whatz the work of fashola and d so called privatised PHCN
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by truthspeaks: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
So na now u remember he z d ppl's gov. grin. Wat of our rocket scientist Fashola? grin
Puzzo10:
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by olutop(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
mivicssmith:
Is Fashola their governor? Cum lagos cum Abuja nd praise Mr. Fash

Are you saying Fashola is jst the minister of power in only lagos and Abuja while it is nw the function of a state governor to be providing electricity in hz state....Nigerians how kn politicians brainwash us like dz.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by djbobby007: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
if u want steady electricity go to osun state.I can guarantee u 19 to 20hrs daily electricity
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by tumbi001(f): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
If you don't know anything about Ekiti state pls don't bother commenting
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by michoim(m): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
See how poor Fayose has made to be...what a pity. Your liberation will come in 2018...

1 Like

Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by DamiBukola: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Puzzo10:
Brainless talk, is Fashola in charge of light or is electricity under the concurrent list?
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
fkdmods:

That's the funniest thing. A country of tax evaders and avoiders are complaining about taxation. You must be a comedian.

You'd be surprised how much Nigerians pay as tax, willingly. I pay my tax and I tell you that what I pay is much?

2 Likes

Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by buffalowings: 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
dfrost:

Bros, are you saying uncle fash is not working?

Yes

He is stylishly saying that
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by fkdmods: 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
kITATITA:

You'd be surprised how much Nigerians pay as tax. I pay my tax and I tell you that what I pay is much?

Lol. There is no database showing who pays what and when. Worse still is that the local governments employ touts to "collect" trumped up taxes that cannot be accounted for which basically means they are pocketed into private hands. You all make the mistake of always saying "I". It doesn't matter what you as an individual does. It is what a majority of you do. For example, not everyone voted for Buhari but the outside world will say that the Nigerian people voted for him. The opinion from the outside community is that Nigerians don't pay tax because the majority do not.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by mechanics(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nawa o, state by state, monday was d turn of niger state, now ekiti state, d protest in Niger state was really fruitful, atleast d light situation is improving gradually.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by folahann(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
ycmdng:
Same Ekiti that my village can boast of 20hrs power supply? Well fingers are not equal...

Are you talking about Ikere-Ekiti. The light there is superb.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
fkdmods:

Lol. There is no database showing who pays what and when. Worse still is that the local governments employ touts to "collect" trumped up taxes that cannot be accounted for which basically means they are pocketed into private hands. You all make the mistake of always saying "I". It doesn't matter what you as an individual does. It is what a majority of you do. For example, not everyone voted for Buhari but the outside world will say that the Nigerian people voted for him. The opinion from the outside community is that Nigerians don't pay tax because the majority do not.
I agree with you 100%. The argument is whether Nigerians pay tax not whether what they pay ends up in private pockets. I had to use myself as an example because you were the first to go personal; up to calling me comedian. BTW those guys earn a lot of money these days; and I don't have the skill

2 Likes

Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by matrixme(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
oyeb15:
I think PMB deliberately made him and the other man super ministers so that Nigerians will know their abilities. Ambitious men with no competence rather nonsense packaging , propaganda , lies & no direction. Never use Lagos as a paradigm for judging a governor's performance. Lagos State is on Economic Auto - pilot. The state will progress even without a governor. Tell me a past governor who was not popular. There is money & few people depends on govt unlike other states.
You should win comment of the year award. These types of thought are uncommon on this platform.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by MrCounselor: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
Guess guess in dudes came back home for Xmas after their sojourn,
met the sorry state of things and thought about organizing something.

Naija sha, nothing like government of the people for the people
but government of the people for those governing.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by depezee(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
Why are these Afongas, aka brown roof dwellers, disturbing the peace of this zoogeria with their protest?
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
Make dem just no bother dem selves, even if nepa start to give dem 2min per day light and they pay bills for one month, their eye go open say e better that they don't have light....
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Who promised to correct the wrongs of GEJ? --- Buhari
No, it was fashola
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
idupaul:
Put Ambode in power sector for 2 months and notice the difference
that was how they hyped fashola before now, since he became minister what has he done.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by idupaul: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
ernieboy:

that was how they hyped fashola before now, since he became minister what has he done.

I have never hyped Fashola
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by ycmdng(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
folahann:

Are you talking about Ikere-Ekiti. The light there is superb.
Am in Ilawe-Ekiti. We had like 12hrs black out since i came back to town a week ago.
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by uniqueogo(f): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
they get light at all still dey talk for my side transformer bust since three months ago they never repair am but we pay our monthly bills going to four months now "u can imagine the wickedness" *** odume layout obosi Anambra state is the location***
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Jesus 2years without light.if una catch phcn officials beat the living day light kumut for their body so that dm go use that anger go meet the oga at the top
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by dejumite(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
blame Mr president and his minister (Mr fashola aka Mr too know). well is not ur fault is ur president dt make u as minister of power when we hv qualified Engr and I pity ds country .
Re: Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) by victorazy(m): 6:31am On Dec 22, 2016
Puzzo10:

You need brain surgery.
Is Fayose the power minister?
Do Ekiti generate electricity?

Don't you know that minister of power can easily influence power distribution company to ignore Ekity state because their governor is a pin in their ass?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Assembly Lift Suspension Of Impeached Speaker, Monday Igbuya / Kwankwaso Pays Condolence Visit To Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother(pics / Kunle Olajide: Security Agents Backing Herdsmen To Kill And Rape In South-West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.