Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA (7719 Views)

Onitsha Port Concessioned To 2 Firms, May Commence Operations This Year - NIWA / FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August / FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Stingman: 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) says that works on the N10 billion inland ports under construction in Baro, Lokoja and Ogoja will be completed in 2017.

The Managing Director of NIWA, Boss Mustapha, disclosed this in Lokoja on Wednesday while addressing newsmen.

Mustapha said that works on the ports at Baro, Lokoja and Ogoja had reached 98 per cent, 57 per cent and 75 per cent respectively.

He put the contract sums of the ports at Baro, N3.5 billion; Lokoja, N4.1 billion, and Ogoja, N2.7 billion.

He said that all the ports would be completed in the 2017 fiscal years, adding that the they would be provided with other auxiliary facilities.

The NIWA managing director also said that the augury port in Imo had reached 70 per cent completion stage while the Onitsha port had been completed and was ready for use.

According to him, NIWA has received a certificate of compliance from the regulator, saying that the process of concessioning the port to a private operator will commence soon.

When completed, the port will service the entire market in the South East while 10 other jetties are also being constructed across the country.

Mustapha expressed the hope that the ongoing process to amend the law establishing the organisation by the National Assembly would enable it to resolve problems of overlapping of responsibilities and other conflicts within the maritime sector.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/n10bn-baro-lokoja-ogoja-ports-ready-2017-niwa-2/

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by zuchyblink(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
Igbos have no place in Nigeria

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Stingman: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
zuchyblink:
Igbos have no place in Nigeria

I thought Onitsha which has industrial axis linking Nnewi, would have been given priority...

Just stand by and watch how the Afonjas will support the evil federal government...It is obvious the central government hates the Igbos and not the Igbos hating Nigeria....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
why lie just full this government

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by veekid(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2016

APC! !!!!!!! Scaaaaaaammmmm

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by lonelydora: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2016
They should not promise what they can't do. My holy book tells me so.

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Atiku2019: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Observing..........

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by paragon40(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Dat moment u see something good in ur state...
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by three: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2016
the way all these Ministers Ministries and MDAs are making pronouncements e be like say 'everything' will be ready in 2017!!

I hope they realise (obviously not being that they said the same last year) that a year is 365 days.

Lie-Lie sef get expiry date!

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by skinnyzsam(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2016
grin cool cool to be on the first page
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Jaytecq(m): 7:43am On Dec 22, 2016
we are tired of the would "to be ready", "will be ready".
we want to hear something different, eg Commence today, begins work etc
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by AlphaStyles(m): 7:44am On Dec 22, 2016
NA where i go use transport my goods be that
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Pamela9os(f): 7:45am On Dec 22, 2016
Change
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by explorer250(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2016
my Igbo brothers why we the para like this na? didn't we see where the said that the Onitsha port has been completed and ready for use while that of IMO is 70% complete

13 Likes

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by obataokenwa(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2016
where is Baro and Ogoja to be taking serious for completion than Onitsha. Now it's obvious that Nigeria has a long way to go. I know one day we the south easterners will laugh last. continue

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by johnmattew: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2016
Stingman:

I thought Onitsha which has industrial axis linking Nnewi, would have been given priority...

Just stand by and watch how the Afonjas will support the evil federal government...It is obvious the central government hates the Igbos and not the Igbos hating Nigeria....
the truth is that:building a port in onitsha will fuel the clamour for secession......federal govt is quite careful about this

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Femich18(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2016
Lokoja? kogi state is bless naturally but I just don't know why they are still backward. Lot of resources untapped. I hope this will be the beginning of many good tins to commence
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by donnie(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2016
Is it Ogoja in Cross River ?

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Okeikpu(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2016
Some useless igbos will come now to defend 1 Nigeria
The painful part of it is that the money is from the east sad

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Justiyke4u: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2016
2017 go hear am
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by AZeD1(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2016
obataokenwa:
where is Baro and Ogoja to be taking serious for completion than Onitsha. Now it's obvious that Nigeria has a long way to go. I know one day we the south easterners will laugh last. continue
Learn how to read. Onitsha port is complete and ready for use.

11 Likes

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Pavore9: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Stingman:

I guess you skipped the part where it was said the one at Onitsha has been completed.

11 Likes

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by muriunited(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
no. Abuja
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Toosure70: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Stingman:

remember your ogogoro brother was there for 6 good years.

9 Likes

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by blackaxe78: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2016
Nice one!

Great move in the right direction.

Onitsha port can be taken up after the completion of Lokoja, Badagry, and the New Lagos port.
Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by emi14: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016
explorer250:
my Igbo brothers why we the para like this na? didn't we see where the said that the Onitsha port has been completed and ready for use while that of IMO is 70% complete

Hahahahahahahaha....nothing is ready...even the ogoja lokoja and baro is inconclusive as far as APC is consign.

1 Like

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Oblang(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016
Stingman:

Did u read the writeup at all or u are just too quick to come and spew afonja here. Abi na afonja kill ur kinsmen during the civil war?

8 Likes

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Oblang(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
Toosure70:
remember your ogogoro brother was there for 6 good years.

No mind the yeye ppl. That time they no remember they were neglected in Nigeria o despite their claim that the ogogoro man focused more on the north....

2 Likes

Re: N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA by Ask4Info: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Everytime they will all say "Will be, may be, we are planning to" Only God knows when we will start to hear past tense such as We have, It was done, it is ready"
Enough of promises.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicholas Ukachukwu Buries Wife Who Died Last Month In A Motor Accident / Ortom: We Spend ₦700 Million Monthly On Pensioners / ADC Faction Denounces Party's Endorsement Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.