Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

The Joy Of Kpomo - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Joy Of Kpomo (12561 Views)

Nigerians! Beware Of Kpomo Meat / The Joy Of Shaki!! / What Is The Nutritional Benefit Of Eating Kpomo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Joy Of Kpomo by clemcykul(f): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
honestly i really dont know how to go about this grin

i just love the feel and taste of kpomo

cant do widout it in egusi or draw soup

though they say it has no nutritional value but i just cant say no to it embarassed

more over it adds to the "go slow" in the soup grin grin grin

to crown it all i love the rubbery taste after swallowing some dangerous moulds of eba

kpomo lovers pls share your views about kpomo here and now grin grin grin grin grin

i dey wait o

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by theolar: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2009
kpomo is d very life of any soup.have u tried it in yam porridge . or in fried stew with a cold bottle of drink
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2009
I love that Stuff is not even funnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
But too expensive here oh, wish i cld import some from Nija
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by mamagee3(f): 1:12am On Nov 18, 2009
What is Kpomo?
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by OBVIOUS(m): 1:13am On Nov 18, 2009
mama-gee is back----- grin grin grin
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Kunbee: 3:38am On Nov 18, 2009
mama-gee:

What is Kpomo?

Your ass
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 6:26am On Nov 18, 2009
mama-gee:

What is Kpomo?

cow skin.
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by nnemak(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2009
kpomo is not so good o, based on how its burnt with tire in 9ja. healthwise those deposit from the tire stick to the kpomo ( it does not disolve) and are not good for our health!
Me i don run 4x40 from kpomo after HSE presentation,

but the taste and feel in ur mouth is cool o grin grin
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by luv2talk(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
Well,it depends on the Type of Kpomo you are talking about,It has 2 type,we have Fresh/white Kpomo and Burnt/brown Kpomo.The white one is more nutritious but the brown one is nothing but dirt in ones stomarch.Come to think of it,i prefer BESKE i.e soya chease to Kpomo cos its more nutritios
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by luv2talk(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
Well,it depends on the Type of Kpomo you are talking about,It has 2 type,we have Fresh/white Kpomo and Burnt/brown Kpomo.The white one is more nutritious but the brown one is nothing but dirt in ones stomarch.Come to think of it,i prefer BESKE i.e soya chease to Kpomo cos its more nutritios
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
nne_mak:

kpomo is not so good o, based on how its burnt with tire in 9ja. healthwise those deposit from the tire stick to the kpomo ( it does not disolve) and are not good for our health!
Me i don run 4x40 from kpomo after HSE presentation,

but the taste and feel in your mouth is cool o grin grin

have u seen anyone dead and u were told that na the burnt kpomo kill am?
Jokes apart, i know u have a point, but that will not make me to change my mind about kpomo.
kpomo for lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by clemcykul(f): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2009
especially the oily kpomo on cow tail aww

*salivates**** grin
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by nana(f): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
I prefer cow foot. .
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
nana:

I prefer cow foot. .

what a waste of time and energy with all the bones on the foot of the cow . . . . naaaaaaaaaa keep the cow foot and gimme the nice kpomo
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by nana(f): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

what a waste of time and energy with all the bones on the foot of the cow . . . . naaaaaaaaaa keep the cow foot and gimme the nice kpomo
cheesy
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2009
[size=13pt]Lol at Topic. . . abeg point out the persob who dont like thick kpomo cheesy[/size]
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Lol at Topic. . . abeg point out the persob who dont like thick kpomo cheesy[/size]
U be better person jare
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2009
[size=13pt]Fhemmmy i feel you. . . . jo! smiley[/size]
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
The love of Kpomo is the beginning of satisfied meal tongue

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Nwaka77: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2009
Fhemmmy:

The love of Kpomo is the beginning of satisfied meal tongue

LOL, but so true. I loooove kpomo but its expensive here and I can only find it in the African market.
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2009
Nwaka77:

LOL, but so true. I loooove kpomo but its expensive here and I can only find it in the African market.

I wish i cld get someone to send me some from Nija too
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by clemcykul(f): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2009
the love of kpomo is also the begining of wisdom grin

two gbosa for kpomo *gbosaa! gbosaa!********

wink
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ Kpomo fanatics are now out to play
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by clemcykul(f): 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
cow tail kpomo also tastes great in stew, giv it a try wink
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^too much bone, and that is like oxtail.
i beg, gimme real kpomo and not the kpomo wannabe
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by whiteroses(f): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
how come folks like ponmo so much, its highly unutritional and tastes like rubber, or is there something i'm missing, isnt ponmo that highly chewable skin thats usually rolled or curvy? anyway i like pork chicken snail beef stake suya and all, me no likey ponmo!
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
whiteroses:

how come folks like ponmo so much, its highly unutritional and tastes like rubber, or is there something i'm missing, isnt ponmo that highly chewable skin thats usually rolled or curvy? anyway i like pork chicken snail beef stake suya and all, me no likey ponmo!

FInd someone that sabi to cook am for you, you will praise God
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by pureminded: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Kpomo bawo shocked Hee hee, I don die cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2009
pureminded:

Kpomo bawo shocked Hee hee, I don die cheesy cheesy grin grin

I no joke oh, there are some kpomo that are so selfish in the pot of nice stew, they will gather all the good and juicy stuff in the pot, and when you chew on the kpomo, u cld feel all the good an blessed part of that stew, and hours after you done eating, you are still salivating.
tongue
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by pureminded: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I no joke oh, there are some kpomo that are so selfish in the pot of nice stew, they will gather all the good and juicy stuff in the pot, and when you chew on the kpomo, u cld feel all the good an blessed part of that stew, and hours after you done eating, you are still salivating.
tongue

Ohhhhh, I'm salivating right naow grin, Believe or not , I'll prepare and eat this tomorrow , E don tey wey i chop am self cheesy
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by whiteroses(f): 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

ehen! i still havent had a chance to eat the ponmo people talk about, i remembred my mum cooking it for us as a kid but i swap mine for my bothers half fufu lol i rememebr not liking it at all but maybe i'll eat that ultimate ponmo one day lol altho i like agemawo the meat that has bits of ponmo stuck on it, but ponmo by itself is not appealing to me, and those market women cuts it generously some are as big as the plate lol
Re: The Joy Of Kpomo by Fhemmmy: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
whiteroses:

ehen! i still havent had a chance to eat the ponmo people talk about, i remembred my mum cooking it for us as a kid but i swap mine for my bothers half fufu lol i rememebr not liking it at all but maybe i'll eat that ultimate ponmo one day lol altho i like agemawo the meat that has bits of ponmo stuck on it, but ponmo by itself is not appealing to me, and those market women cuts it generously some are as big as the plate lol

Dont worry, there are some cooked by those people that has restaurant, u will bite ur tongue sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Your Unadulterated Palm Oil Direct From Akwa Ibom / Igbo Men Vs Akpu / Coke And Pepsi Contain ALCOHOL, - French Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.