Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) (47700 Views)

Lady Kneels To Ask Her Boyfriend To Marry Her In Public And Gets A Yes From Him / South African Lady Kneels Down To Propose To Her Boyfriend In Public, He Said... / Lady Kneels Down To Propose To Her Man In Public While He Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ichommy(m): 5:20am On Dec 22, 2016
A viral photo has caused a stir on social media after showing a man proposing to his girlfriend in a really weird manner.

This is the viral photo which has gotten many people confused on social media.

The photo shows a man and a woman obviously enacting a marriage proposal scene but something obviously appears wrong with the whole enactment.

Apparently, during a marriage proposal, the conventional thing is that the man has to kneel down and ask for his future wife's hand in marriage while she will then be left to either say yes or no to him.

However, this time around, the woman is the one who is kneeling down while the man is seen holding her fingers, obviously putting a ring on one of them.

At first, one might be tempted to think this is not a wedding proposal afterall but some activity the two of them are engaged in but then there is a huge banner behind the kneeling woman on which is written "WILL YOU MERRY ME?" and is held by witnesses of the rather weird ceremony.

Social media users have since commented on the ceremony with differing views.

Some people feel that the couple simply wanted to do something different and cause a scene on social media.

However, some others feel the woman must have been tired of being alone and had forced the man into proposing by buying the ring herself. They insist she was too excited that she had knelt down instead of the man.

And yet, others feel that the man is simply a male chauvinist who could not bear the thought of kneeling down in front of a woman and so had instructed his girlfriend to kneel at the occassion.

What do you think about it?

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2016/12/what-is-he-doing-see-weird-way-man-was.html

5 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ThinkSmarter: 5:23am On Dec 22, 2016
O di egwu, merry me
If them like, let them start climbing mountains to propose
D lady z not even smiling self!
Meanwhile, Most of Our grandfather's never engaged in an official marriage proposal or put on rings, yet their marriages were long-lasting and bounded in love more than what we obtain these days. People breaking up, here and there like the way people are losing their jobs in this recess. So pathetic.

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Baawaa(m): 5:23am On Dec 22, 2016
This is what they called MERRY MERRY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Agbgift(f): 5:32am On Dec 22, 2016
Merry him o grin

19 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:33am On Dec 22, 2016
Not only Merry, he will soon Xmas & New Year her..

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 22, 2016
This perfectly explains my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by mazimee(m): 5:45am On Dec 22, 2016
The lady no wan "Merry" you as we can tell from the expression on her face. Maybe you Should consider the babe wey hold the "Merry" me banner. She is feeling the moment more than everyone else.

10 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ichommy(m): 5:46am On Dec 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Not only Merry, he will soon Xmas & New Year her..

You eh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by segebase(m): 5:47am On Dec 22, 2016
is Kenya or Zimbabwe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Harris90(m): 5:50am On Dec 22, 2016
[b][/b]well what can I say, we are still in the era of change Na, so women now do the kneeling on one knee.... she's on two knees so I guess she's begging to be married.. Nne merry him oo.

1 Like

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2016
ichommy:

You eh grin grin grin
But, na wetin remain nah or abii I lie??
Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ichommy(m): 5:56am On Dec 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, na wetin remain nah or abii I lie??

You are on Point wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by BabaRamota1980: 6:12am On Dec 22, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
O di egwu, merry me
If them like, let them start climbing mountains to propose
D lady z not even smiling self!
Meanwhile, Most of Our grandfather's never engaged in an official marriage proposal or put on rings, yet their marriages were long-lasting and bounded in love more than what we obtain these days. People breaking up, here and there like the way people are losing their jobs in this recess. So pathetic.

grin grin you be correct guy. Make i ask you, you be pastor? you need to start ya own church. You sabi wetin dey happen well well.

...but wait o, our grandparents hold sango for hand take propose. When they think of divorce they remember their Sango oath then they tidy up quick quick. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by dhardline(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2016
Who is proposing for 'merriage' here, The man or the woman? Cause I don't get why the woman is the one kneeling.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by pyyxxaro: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2016
The lady on blue fine but one atom of sense she nor get

Na she con go carry the MERRY part embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by yesh27(m): 7:14am On Dec 22, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Mikylopez(f): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2016
grin o my goodness... lmao... i can't really i can't grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by AfroSamurai: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2016
I love the twist in this. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by SolexxBarry(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Lol funny set of lovers,u must merry me before I wish u a merry Xmas

2 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ogtavia(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2016
I dont know which is more embarrassing....the misspelt marriage proposal or the fact that the lady had to kneel down to be proposed to/engaged...and I am trying hard not to believe that he proposed at the altar..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:01am On Dec 22, 2016
ogtavia:
I dont know which is more embarrassing....the misspelt marriage proposal or the fact that the lady had to kneel down to be proposed to/engaged...and I am trying hard not to believe that he proposed at the altar..
please educate us why it's bad for the lady to kneel down...

3 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ogtavia(m): 9:04am On Dec 22, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
please educate us why it's bad for the lady to kneel down...
I think I am entitled to my OWN opinion..

5 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by edudguy(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Merry

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2016
ogtavia:
I think I am entitled to my OWN opinion..
where did I say otherwise?

I only want to know, on what basis do you feel it's wrong for the woman to kneel?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ogtavia(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
where did I say otherwise?

I only want to know, on what basis do you feel it's wrong for the woman to kneel?
why do I have to explain myself...??
Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2016
ogtavia:
why do I have to explain myself...??
that's why it's a forum.

you discuss, learn and teach others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Polyestar(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2016
Everything about this engagement is weird and hilarious.

Merry instead of marry.

Lady kneeling while man stands. Where does that happen

Both of them are not looking happy.

Poor setting, poor camera shot, poor everything...just poor!

BTW, Sinaj, when are you going to accept my ring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by sinaj(f): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2016
Polyestar:

Merry instead of marry.

BTW, Sin.aj, when are you going to accept my ring

I will accept it when u done running after those girls in ur street *rolls eyes*

1 Like

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by ogtavia(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
that's why it's a forum.

you discuss, learn and teach others.
well...I don't know why u are so interested....I want to assume your thought is...if the man can kneel down to propose why can't the woman kneel to be proposed to....
there is no hard rule to who kneels during a proposal and it's also not compulsory that there be a kneeling down during proposal..

however in recent times,..its common for you to find the man kneeling to propose....

There are many ways to consider this issue..but let's look at it dis way....people kneel for different reasons...you kneel to receive..you kneel as a sign of respect...you kneel in submission...you kneel in punishment...you kneel to pay obeisance/homage...etc...However in marriage proposals...the man is asking a woman to marry him...he is requesting for her hand in marriage...in several cultures/traditions of the world today..our society isnt any different...a man scales many hurdles before he gets to marry a woman... the least he can do is to kneel to request her hand in marriage....the woman practically worships the man after then...

asking the man to kneel down to propose..isnt so much to ask for..

ladies back me up..

7 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2016
Polyestar:

Merry instead of marry.

BTW, Sinaj, when are you going to accept my ring

why do you find it wrong for the lady to kneel while the man stands? where did you get that from?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
ogtavia:
well...I don't know why u are so interested....I want to assume your thought is...if the man can kneel down to propose why can't the woman kneel to be proposed to....
there is no hard rule to who kneels during a proposal and it's also not compulsory that there be a kneeling down during proposal..

however in recent times,..its common for you to find the man kneeling to propose....

There are many ways to consider this issue..but let's look at it dis way....people kneel for different reasons...you kneel to receive..you kneel as a sign of respect...you kneel in submission...you kneel in punishment...you kneel to pay obeisance/homage...etc...However in marriage proposals...the man is asking a woman to marry him...he is requesting for her hand in marriage...in several cultures/traditions of the world today..our society isnt any different...a man scales many hurdles before he gets to marry a woman... the least he can do is to kneel to request her hand in marriage....the woman practically worships the man after then...

asking the man to kneel down to propose..isnt so much to ask for..

ladies back me up..
if there is no hard rule for who's supposed to kneel then I wonder why you find it wrong for the woman to kneel.

what of those men who don't feel the need to kneel? how would you judge them?. what would be your reaction if a girl let's say a sister of yours complains that her fiance failed to kneel while proposing?

meanwhile, marriage is a partnership deal where both parties benefit equally. why do you feel it's only a man that needs to scale through huddles just to get married to someone who would probably benefit equally?

6 Likes

Re: Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo) by Laveda(f): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2016
Obiorathebully would like this.

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Inspector Dies During Sex With A Widow In Ibadan Hotel / ยป Top 10 Female Nairalanders With The Cutest Smiles / When you choose to be a fool for love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.