Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (89528 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
Creeza:
nepa o! I cant type all with my small phone.. Nepa no allow person o.
This harmattan has reprogram their brain
dz kyn tin eeh,na shoki i dy dance wn i wn bath wid cold water.tis well shaa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2016
winters22 queenitee royh lliegh gabbyraze veekid lankyannie rachealfst mercichoco mirob mhiz mhisbliss kpagogin hormobolanle tuhndhay sprintixy girlharley adesina12

Continues**

Iziegbe

I moved a little backwards as my life flashed right before my eyes, there was no one in sight to save me from the impending terror. He came towards me and siezed my hand bag

" Please spare me" I began " You can take my phone , take everything in the purse but don't harm me , please"

He advanced and my back brushed a fence,there was no other place to run to, I was doomed. I regretted ever leaving campus that night and wished it was just a dream.
He ordered me into a more darker alley and I knew exactly what would follow.

" I'm not done , yet, I want to have a taste of that sweet--ohh!! Don't cry "he said as he probably saw my reactions .
" No , don't , Please. I'm a virgin, please don't "

He laughed hysterically " Virgin?, this thing " he pointed his knife to the my abdomen " this thing that Dani has squashed the daylight into its dark corners?

I was not too surprised , Dani had quite a lot of friends and he often bragged to feel cool. I only feared for my life and my pride at that moment. This guy was drunk and dangerous.

I thought of an escape route, I tried to move but his knife was faster than my limbs.

" Arhhh! !!

I screamed as the pain grew very intense from the spot where he had cut deep into my laps . I trembled with fear and blood soaked my gown, trickled down my legs and they became very numb, I couldn't move.

" I'm not done yet, where the hell, do you think you are going? His voice barked out as I shivered with fear.

*I should have stayed at home , Oh God help me " * I thought so loud that I nearly screamed.

" I only refused to dance with you " I began, " that was just my crime and you took laws into your hand, why are you punishing me like this?

" That ? No... Remember fresher's year?

What was he driving at? I wanted to know ,so I shook my head in disapproval.

"The guy you slapped in the public. Remember now? " He continued "Why? Because he was so nice to ask your sorry ass on a date, instead of being a sweet lady that you are right now, you slapped him and told him to go and ask his mother on a date"

"Aisose?I should have known."

I couldn't believe it, he had been so timid in fresher's year. Why chose now to get his pound of flesh, maybe he was now a cultist, his sudden energy proved it all.

" Yes-- you have a good memory"

He laughed again and this time he launched himself on me, as I scrambled off the floor. His strong arms gripped and pinned me to the corner on the ground, He unfastened his belt and raised my gown exposing my tights.

" Don't even scream " He said with a hoarse voice .

I made attempts to shout and he punched me on the forehead. My eyes began to spin round as everything became blurrred and double imaged.

I fought with my last energy and pushed him off, then he landed another blow on my cheek.

" Idiot, I said stay put"

I saw someone , and I thought it was an angel, or my prince in shinning Armor . He came from behind and knocked Aisose with a pistol gun( That was the first time I ever saw one).I sighed a relief and fell on my back.
He grabbed him by his collar and slapped him so hard that a tooth flew off his jaw.

" Get up , your end is today. You will meet your forefathers today " The man said " You want---"

I barely heard what he was saying when I fainted, the sharp pain on my laps and face was too much for me to bear.

Efua

The house was very dusty and I began to clean every part , I made sure it was habitable for me.
I scrubbed the table and brushed the cushion. I dusted the curtains and wiped the doorframes .

I was still busy when the front door flung open and behold two hefty looking gentlemen stood in the door way. They shrieked with fear as if they saw a ghost, wanted to run away but came back and realised I was only a woman.

. Oh my God * I thought to myself.

" Jesus " The fair looking guy exclaimed " What are you doing here ?

" Wait, maybe she is lost " The second guy concluded .He was darker than I expected.

Their faces were full of confusion and questions. they wanted to hear it all.

The first guy came closer and looked me in the eye .

" Lady, do you realise that this is a male housing quarters?

" I was brought here by Mr .Ake"

The dark guy nodded . " So ? Why did he bring you here? There are female quarters in the other part of the estate"

I dropped the throw towel I held , and relaxed to relief myself of the shock which was eating me up. I was supposed to be prepared but somehow I began to fear.

" He said that the female quarters are filled up" I began " The room to the left , I have the keys, that's my room. And this parlour is shared right?

They both nodded and looked at each other.

" I believe we are Christians and we can live here peacefully as brothers and sister." I said again to gain their atentention.

They went outside and came back minutes later.

" Well " I asked " Are we OK ?

" We?? The first guy asked

" Yes , we ? I repeated .

He laughed then looked at the other guy, before turning to me.

He said it was fine and that they could use a helping hand around ,he made reference to the cleaning I had done and thanked me . Then the second gentleman introduced himself.

" I'm Uyi....Osaruyi " He said " And you are ?

" Efua Barry . And you must be Nosa " I piointed to the first guy .

" How did you know my name? And what a coincidence, we all from the same ethnic group, this is interesting" Nosa said with a smile that was somewhat fake.

No wonder Mr Ake, said people can say any rubbish but he was a realist, I just figured out what he meant. This guy was somethng else, I just couldn't tell what it was.

" Are you not the royal one? The prince " I joked about it.

"Yea , you can say that again "

We laughed.

They asked what I had studied in the university , I told them and they replied with theirs. Then Uyi made a funny comment.

" Is this how you normally dress? He pointed to my long gown and robe that looked like those of a nun.

" What?

" I mean , this is just for the house chores right?

" Are you serious? I laughed " Get outta here"

I squeezed the mop and used it to chase them out of the parlour as they laughed and ran into their rooms.

It had been a hell of a day and a little humor was good for me, I started to like them naturally. They were good guys and funny ones too.

I just couldn't wait to start work the next day and call my cousin ,Izzy.

Tbc

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2016
Ohhh sorry for iziegbe....

She could have choose a good life style...so what happen next

And Efua got a good start with a friendly environment which turned to hunt her later

More popcorn for you Creeza

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2016
Adesina12:
Ohhh sorry for iziegbe....

She could have choose a good life style...so what happen next

And Efua got a good start with a friendly environment which turned to hunt her later

More popcorn for you Creeza
We' all know very soon. wink thanks for the popcorn
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2016
Iziegbe! Sorry ehn.......

Well-done creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
veekid:
Iziegbe! Sorry ehn.......

Well-done creeza
thanks man
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by bibijay123(f): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Creeza:
thanks man
.you have mail bro.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by bibijay123(f): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
You are doing a good job bro. I think m lost. pls remind me who iziegbe is to efua, her sis?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
bibijay123:
You are doing a good job bro. I think m lost. pls remind me who iziegbe is to efua, her sis?
Her cousin, smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by bibijay123(f): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
Creeza:
Her cousin, smiley

OK thanks. I am enjoying the story. You got my mail?

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
bibijay123:

OK thanks. I am enjoying the story. You got my mail?
lemme check. Thank u for enjoying the story .
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ayam so sori 4u izzy baby buh dz wil serve as a lesson 4we galx dt do insult nd hit guys anyhw(especially me,i dn learn ma lesson nw ni).1st impression dsnt always mata 2cus sm ppl can pretend 2be gud nd funi on meeting dm 1st widout u knowing dt dy ar fallen angels.guys eeh,na only God go judge una mata.
Creez,op u ar nt lyk dm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lankyannie:
Ayam so sori 4u izzy baby buh dz wil serve as a lesson 4we galx dt do insult nd hit guys anyhw(especially me,i dn learn ma lesson nw ni).1st impression dsnt always mata 2cus sm ppl can pretend 2be gud nd funi on meeting dm 1st widout u knowing dt dy ar fallen angels.guys eeh,na only God go judge una mata.
Creez,op u ar nt lyk dm.
im glad to hear this.. Its funny but educative smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2016
Awnn,somebori has missed so mush!!
Izzy honey, wah ii wrong in you?
Efua sweerie,jejely oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2016
Creeza:

dear u will not cry, and thanks for always making out time to type those encouraging words , it means alot.
Thanks for updating,it means alot to me also

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Tuhndhay(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Enjoying the story,..... Nice work Creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
Creeza,you are being partial oo,you updated 'when love dies' and left this one abi?
Comman update, biko

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
queenitee:
Creeza,you are being partial oo,you updated 'when love dies' and left this one abi?
Comman update, biko
this one will be special, tomrrw morning breakfast, wink as usual,

I hope u are enjoying my stories. '' WLD '' and '' SIS " ?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Creeza:
this one will be special, tomrrw morning breakfast, wink as usual,

I hope u are enjoying my stories. '' WLD '' and '' SIS " ?
I am..God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Pureheart91(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
[b] THE PRESIDO IS HERE; but wait o! This your title na DIE oo! SLAVES IN ONE SOUL

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pureheart91:
[b] THE PRESIDO IS HERE; but wait o! This your title na DIE oo! SLAVES IN ONE SOUL
you'll soon find out what it means...
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Pureheart91(m): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
cry Lankyannie buto why insult guys na........ Chai imagine me dat can shy for the continent recievin insult for trying to woo a cute damsel. Chai! That day is the End oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2016
Pureheart91:
cry Lankyannie buto why insult guys na........ Chai imagine me dat can shy for the continent recievin insult for trying to woo a cute damsel. Chai! That day is the End oo
ma dear,such is lyf u knw.luk@ the facial xpression of a lady b4 approaching her though cus sm of dm dt do insult myt be out of anger.dahz y tis always adviceable 2kip ur cool nd gauge her reaction wn u ar approachin her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Pureheart91(m): 12:28am On Dec 31, 2016
wink thanks for the lecture miss annie lankyannie u are correct oo, cos some guys got no chill pill to study and try ascessing whom the want to approach before lauching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2016
winters22 queenitee royh lleigh gabbyraze veekid yorhmienerd lankyannie rachealfst mercichoco mirob mhiz mhisbliss kpagogin hormobolanle tuhndhay spixntixy girlharley jagugu88li bibijay123 dimssy pureheart91 pelumee15 skarlett yinks89 Kisschrix veave abefe99

Chapter 3

Efua

He sniffed and rubbed his fingers across his nose line,just a little below the division. His eyes casted upon me, like touch lights prying into my soul and ready to chain any atom of freedom, just any freedom left in me.
I wondered if he was an addict or maybe a natural victim of cold and catarrh. He was sniffing so furiously. * could you stop that? I thought to myself and shook my head.

" Seriously guys" I began " I don't think its nice that we spend so much, eating out, like think about it, its so illogical "

Nosa sniffed again and I watched as he brought out his hanky and wiped his face instead of the nasal opening's.

A middle aged lady came and rid the table off the plates we had eaten from. She also took the money on the table.

" why? " Uyi asked with a rather confused voice. " I don't see anything wrong in it"

I smiled . *There is everything wrong in it , Uyi! I wished I could tell him*

" We are on a budget-- right? I presume you guys are not planning on spending every dime at eatery joints and bukkas. Wheareas , we could spare the change and maybe buy some food items , get a stove and cook our own meal"

Uyi nodded and gulped down his bottled water, the last drain went down his throat and his apple followed like a piston ball.

" So we are now like , husband , wife and overgrown child? " Nosa said hoarsely " Who is the baby?/ Cos I don't fit the bill, maybe Uyi can take that role."
He shook in head in disgust, and I wondered what ate him up.

I laughed. I zipped my purse and looked him in the eye
" We are brothers and sister-- In the lord Jesus Christ . And we should behave like a family , bounded by love for the works of God."

" I pray o" He said and looked away.

He obviously hated that I was preaching so hard to him. I imagined his thoughts towards me and couldn't understand why he was a stumbling block to anything Godliness. Though he was a very neat guy.

" Well, to start with" Uyi said ,in a very calm voice " I am terrible at cooking, so -"

" you think, I 'd give you the chance in the first place? " I cut in " we would eat stones as daily manner, if did"
i snapped my fingers, " God forbid, not while I am around "

Nosa finally laughed and sniffed again, this time very loud.

" Do you have a cold? I asked " maybe you are down with flu."

" Its nothing , forget it. By tomorrow it will be gone"

He raised his arms up, and looked at our faces to determine our reactions then said

" who wants to have a drink? He continued,with a smile " Bar man get me a bottle of --"

I hoped it was not what I expected.

" Is it what am thinking? I cut in.

Uyi chuckled and told me to let it pass, to just allow the homeboy have his shot. He wouldn't be OK for the rest of the night , if he didn't.

" Do you know acholhol is very toxic to the human system? And the Bible strictly condemned drunkenness "

Nosa laughed,
He gazed at me with a fierce conviction, and I was brave to pick it up as a " lost soul " waiting to be saved.

" Well your preaching isnt toxic enough to stop me from having my bottle of beer. " He laughed " Bar man , One larger of Star , please "

" Even your Bible says that * A little wine is good for the body and mind" He continued with his laughter .
There was something really wrong about this guy, and he just gave me unnecessary shivers down the spine.He was a hard shell to crack.

Iziegbe

I opened my eyes, and looked around. I thought i'd made it to heaven, atlast.
If heaven were to be real,I thought of something better. I remembered Uncle Barry often preached about how there wasn't pain in heaven and how the streets were made of pure gold.

If this was heaven, then it was not what I expected. Everything here was made up of hospital gadgets and the type you see in ---
I sat up and felt a sting of pain allover my pressure points. The worst came from underneath my thigh.

* Oh dear, I was really in a hospital. At least thank God, I'm not dead.* I sighed a relief.

" Izzy ? Can you hear me? " a male voice called from the corner of the room.

I turned to the left and saw the last person I expected to be there.

"And where did you pop out from? " I asked as pain ripped up me internally.

He got up front the plastic bench , pulled a seat beside the sickbed. His eyes showed guilt and weakness.

" I'm sorry, " he began " You had to suffer like this because of my inability to be--"

" Stop it,just stop --" I cut into his statement " is Kechi here too? I asked him calmly, by changing the subject.
I didn't want to hear his apologies,not at that point.

He drew back a little and put his palm together then buried his face into them.

" She went to bring you food from an eatery across the street " He said.

I really wanted to know why he was there. Where was the man that saved me the previous night? He was not an angel, was he?

"There was a man ... Did anyone bring me --"

" Yes " he answered " He left already. He is public citizen, so he had to attend to his duties. He called my number last night , when you probably passed out."

I looked at him from the head down to his chest, this guy enjoyed his wealth on his looks. His heart was also refined gold.I had to believe so and overlooked his occasional mistakes. Why did I even care about this guy? I couldn't explain, but I knew he meant more to me. Only if it was easy to tell him everything.

" Dani , your new haircut fits you!. ". . I said and ran my fingers through it.

" You behave like this is a joke or something, " he suddenly barked and got up from his seat, paced the room and came back to where he had been " Look , Izzy a guy almost raped you last night , he even gave you a mortal wound -- and all you care about is my haircut?. What kind of girl are you?

"You wish!! Just let me get up from here, your haircut will suffer, how dare you invite me out and risk my life for nothing, now you come in here to pretend all sweet and caring.. I wanted to say it
. instead I let reasoning get in the way of emotions. It would be medicine after death.*

" Don't you have anything to say? He asked .

" Have you called my Mom?

" No .. Not yet though, I didn't want her to be worried."he said with a low tone.

He stared blankly at me " Don't you wanna know what happened to Aisose? ... Well I'l just cut it short. After he got beat up by the military officer, he was taken to the Naval headquarters along Airport road. And currently he is detained severely ."

" Thank God for that, he deserves it " I sighed a relief and fell backwards on the bed." I thought would die.Dani , my life flashed through my eyes. I thought of my mom, I thought of -- you. And in all, I ... I "

Tears started trickling down my eyes from the sides and ran down my ear line. Dani wiped them with a perfumed handkerchief.

" Don't worry , you are safe now..."

" Dani " I began "I badly need a smoke now. I just need to ...."

He cut me short of the statement, by burying a passionate kiss on my lips, and I couldn't help but kiss him back.We were deep in it when the door flung open unexpectedly, someone barged in...."

Tbc

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lleigh(f): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2016
Caught in the act grin

Happy new year in Advance Creeza.

You have my name wrong it's lleigh, thanks for the mentions bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2016
Awwn,creeza thank you
Happy new year in advance

Efua honey,God will help you
Izzy,I dunno what to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2016
Lleigh:
Caught in the act grin

Happy new year in Advance Creeza.

You have my name wrong it's lleigh, thanks for the mentions bro
lol , thanks I corrected the spelling.... Happy new year in advance too wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2016
queenitee:
Awwn,creeza thank you
Happy new year in advance

Efua honey,God will help you
Izzy,I dunno what to say

I kept my word shae? wink

Thanks for the new year wishes. .. Same to you...

"WLD" doesn't get updates today... cry , I want to re-sub for data...
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
Wages of sin is death while wages of wayward is......

Complete statement Creeza....

Though I wasn't mentioned here by a follower brother but I will continue supply of popcorn to the crew

Happy new year eve Creeza
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
Adesina12:
Wages of sin is death while wages of wayward is......

Complete statement Creeza....

Though I wasn't mentioned here by a follower brother but I will continue supply of popcorn to the crew

Happy new year eve Creeza
thanks bro,

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Three Paths / Lethal Matrimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.