Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,970 members, 7,852,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong (4047 Views)

What Is Atheism? / Is Atheism Gaining Ground? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
dalaman:

If I lack belief in Gods am an athiests. Many people have given you the definition of atheism from diffrent sources but you refuse to accept it.

I repudiate those definitions . I know their origin and I don't accept them .

You are an atheist because you consciously and explicitly reject the existence of God(s) .

You have knowledge of some gods in different religions and it does not make you a theist but if you have no knowledge of God or belief in God like the babies then you are an atheist .

How does this make sense to you ?
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by hopefulLandlord: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
jonbellion:
so you believe the universe formed itself
That's kind of a bit odd

he believes man came from monkeys, hmmm he needs help
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by jonbellion(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

[s]I repudiate those definitions . I know their origin and I don't accept them .

You are an atheist because you consciously and explicitly reject the existence of God(s) .

You have knowledge of some gods in different religions and it does not make you theist but if you have no knowledge of God or belief in God like the babies then you are an atheist .

How does this make sense to you . [/s]
shut up
You can also classify an agnostic under this definition
Why the fukk can you classify atheism how you like but you and your lot whine when Christianity is called a religion

1 Like

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by hopefulLandlord: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

go and fight google and dictionary

3 Likes

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by MrMontella(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course , to anyone who doesn't have the intellect to challenge the arguments against atheism being presented here .
Pouring water on a stone yields no value...

You presented nothing mister man...

If your supposed intellect could not tell you that to reject..you have to disbelieve...

And that even early form of christianity differs from modern christianity...

Mr man...please wallow in your self induced delusion....you need it

1 Like

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
jonbellion:
shut up
You can also classify an agnostic under this definition
Why the fukk can you classify atheism how you like but you and your lot whine when Christianity is called a religion

undecided

What is this one saying ?

I biakwa o zo grin
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
MrMontella:

Pouring water on a stone yields no value...

You presented nothing mister man...

If your supposed intellect could not tell you that to reject..you have to disbelieve...

And that even early form of christianity differs from modern christianity...

Mr man...please wallow in your self induced delusion....you need it

Hokay
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by dalaman: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You have knowledge of some gods in different religions and it does not make you theist but if you have no knowledge of God or belief in God like the babies then you are an atheist .

How does this make sense to you .

Babies do not have or lack belief in any God. They simply do not lack or have belief. So they are not atheist or theist.
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

go and fight google and dictionary

Hopefullandlord , where is the critical thinking ?

grin

You badly want innocent children to be labeled as atheists for the wrong illogical reasons ?

Kwantinue

I just dey look you grin
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
dalaman:

Babies do not have or lack belief in any God. They simply do not lack or have belief. So they are not atheist or theist.

That means you agree implicit atheism(lack of belief/absence of belief in God(s)) is wrong . Because babies are labeled as atheists due to implicit atheism .
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
jonbellion:
so you believe the universe formed itself
That's kind of a bit odd

Or they believe the universe is eternal - no evidence points to or even suggests this
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by hopefulLandlord: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hopefullandlord , where is the critical thinking ?

grin

You badly want innocent children to be labeled as atheist for the wrong illogical reasons ?

Kwantinue

I just dey look you grin

lol

its you that desperately want definitions to change at your will

go to google; go to Oxford, Webster etc tell them that you want them to put the definition you want, I'm sure they'll be very glad to do that,

what reason could they have to turn down such a request coming from a computer science student who is a Star trek evangelist and a self acclaimed internet troll? absolutely no reason to

2 Likes

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by dalaman: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That means you agree implicit atheism(lack of belief/absence of belief in God(s)) is wrong . Because babies are labeled as atheists due to implicit atheism .

Babies can not be labeled as athiests because they do not lack or have belief. They simply do not qualify. Nothing wrong with implicit atheism. People that lack belief in Gods are atheist.
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol

go to google; go to Oxford, Webster etc tell them that you want them to put the definition you want, I'm sure they'll be very glad to do that,

what reason could they have to turn down such a request coming from a computer science student who is a Star trek evangelist and a self acclaimed internet troll? absolutely no reason to

My personality does not affect my arguments you know wink . Its fallacious to even suggest that cool . They'll listen to me cool
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
dalaman:

Babies can not be labeled as athiests because they do not lack or have belief. They simply do not qualify. Nothing wrong with implicit atheism. People that lack belief in Gods are atheist.

They are not . People that lack belief in God are not atheists . They do not need to be labeled .

I believe in God - I consciously explicitly accept or acknowledge the existence of God - this is theism .

That means atheists are implicit theists .

Implicit theism

If you have knowledge of any god whatsoever without consciously accepting the existence of God you are a theist . cheesy cheesy

(King Ebuka 2016)

All atheists are implicit theists because of my definition above .

Does this make sense to you ? No ?

But George Smith did the exact same thing and no atheist opposed the foolishness of his definition grin grin
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by jonbellion(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol

lmao
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by jonbellion(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Or they believe the universe is eternal - no evidence points to or even suggests this
lmao
The universe had a beginning na
So atheists are wrong on that
And what of you thiests undecided
You believe a jew is somewhere out in the universe coming to destroy earth and get hitched ehn undecided
Looool
This is why you should be agnostic cool
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
jonbellion:
lmao
The universe had a beginning na
So atheists are wrong on that
And what of you thiests undecided
You believe a jew is somewhere out in the universe coming to destroy earth and get hitched ehn undecided
Looool
This is why you should be agnostic cool

Do you know that Christ is the creator of the universe ?
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by jonbellion(m): 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you know that Christ is the creator of the universe ?
lmaorotfllwknd
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
jonbellion:
lmaorotfllwknd

grin grin

I'm serious

Colossians 1:15-16
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by Deicide: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2016

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
Deicide:
This is my last post on this thread....
https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

According to Dalaman , this is their opinion and not a universal truth

cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin

Lmaooo !!!
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by jonbellion(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

I'm serious

Colossians 1:15-16
Mr man
We don't have a clue how we got here
It's very illogical to rule out a creator completely, to say there is nothing out there beyond our understanding
This is madness!
And it's also very illogical to claim the creator of the universe would give a hoot on very personal aspects of your life like what you eat, wear, how much money you give to it, your sex life and would be so petty Yu demand constant asslicking or be prepared to face eternal anguish
This is madness!
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
jonbellion:
Mr man
We don't have a clue how we got here
It's very illogical to rule out a creator completely, to say there is nothing out there beyond our understanding
This is madness!
And it's also very illogical to claim the creator of the universe would give a hoot on very personal aspects of your life like what you eat, wear, how much money you give to it, your sex life and would be so petty Yu demand constant asslicking or be prepared to face eternal anguish
This is madness!

I explained why it is logical for God to be concerned .

KingEbukasBlog:

3. God is the infinite source of existence : Some say God does not exist , God is . God transcends everything created because it is its source of existence . The universe is an open system which is contingent on its source , God .

4. God has > 10 dimensions : For God to be the creator of the universe he must exist above a 10 dimensional "form" . Particle physics and relativity let's us understand that at least ten dimensions of space existed at the creation of the universe . Three dimensions of space and time make the universe we observe while the rest are compact dimensions of space . The universe cannot contain God , God contains the universe. That explains why he is omnipotent , omnipresent , immaterial , invisible . He "sees" all things .

But God can manifest himself in three dimensions (solid and material form ) so that man can comprehend him . And that is called a theophany .

It is not logical to claim that God does not care about human affairs or the affairs of the universe just like the some deists claim
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by Deicide: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

According to Dalaman , this is their opinion and not a universal truth

cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin

Lmaooo !!!
Misquoting Jesus..
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog, stop using the word "know".

You know nothing about the origin of the universe.
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
KingEbukasBlog, stop using the word "know".

You know nothing about the origin of the universe.

Revealed theology combined with Natural theology = knowledge wink
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by akintom(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
This is getting real. The apologists are practically subsumed in atheistic consciousness.
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Revealed theology combined with Natural theology = knowledge wink
I won't bother posting the meaning of knowledge.

It is quite evident that you are a mediocre.

1 Like

Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by niyihawking(m): 3:07am On Dec 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly ! I once raised an alarm sometime . The deists in Greece were also seen as atheists because they rejected the gods worshiped by the larger society . In fact , in those days , anyone who rejected the gods worshiped by the larger society were regarded as atheists grin .
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by niyihawking(m): 3:09am On Dec 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly ! I once raised an alarm sometime . The deists in Greece were also seen as atheists because they rejected the gods worshiped by the larger society . In fact , in those days , anyone who rejected the gods worshiped by the larger society were regarded as atheists grin .
But now, you know better
Re: What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong by jonbellion(m): 3:57am On Dec 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

[s]Many atheists don't know what atheism is . Implicit atheism which is the lack/absence of belief in God , it was first suggested by Baron d'Holbach in the 18th century before George Smith added finishing touches and it has been criticized as false and deceptive .

Atheism has always been the conscious explicit rejection of God(s) that's why Diagoras of Melos was described as the 'first atheist' in History - this happened 2,500 years ago .

While theism started with urreligion as far back as 300 ,000 years ago by the pre-Adamites /sub-humans even before Modern man (Adam) was created . The pre-Adamites acknowledged the existence of the Supreme Being because urreligion was described as monotheistic [/s].
pre adamites
You are smoking firewood
You should know by now that most atheists are agnostic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Are The True Followers Of Jesus Christ: Strictly For Davidylnd / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory / WE ARE IN THE END TIMES, Let us beg for the God’s mercy before His Judgment Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.