Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted (81531 Views)

How New Provost Of The College Of Education, Ikere Was Appointed / Open Confession By The Provost Of A.I.F.C.E. Dr Mrs Blessing Ijioma's (PA) And I / The Provost Of MOCPED : Professor Akeusola Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:40am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

Bro, your last sentence is the most important. Yes, I am interested. i don too invest in this girl matter for internet, i don even contact her sef...Anything that will prove why she wasn't admitted will cool our boiling blood
1. They were asked to submit their best 8 subjects and she submitted 7, resulting to her 45/64

2. According to the professor's calculations, which are correct by the way, she fell short of the cut off.

3. The system of admission has changed. Back in the day, you merely needed to get above the cut off in jamb and get 5 credits(including English and Maths) in SSCE, but the system is quite different now.

Need I say more?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by daneni1(m): 1:40am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

APOLOGIES are not out of place. If they made a mistake, they must own up. If they prove that they didn't make a mistake, their argument must be compelling enough to douse the suspicion of intelligent people in the country. Simple.

What to send -

Dear prof, we thank you for taking time to provide your views on this important matter regarding this smart girl. We have gone through your insightful comments, but we notice an oversight in the compution of the studen't O'level GPA..Her scores actually beat the merit cut off..And then you provide some sentences to prove this..Simple

Apologies are not out of place. The wrong person, whether the school or the girl, must be known.

I don't think any mistake was made on the computation of O'level GPA, I think this is where you got it wrong. However, let still hope something can be done with our apologies.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by esphil(m): 1:41am On Dec 23, 2016
Kendzyma:
This is coming from a nairalander with d Monika Adesegunfat

My name is Adesegun Fatusi, and I am the Provost of the College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife. The case of the Aror Oghenerukewve has just been brought to my notice. To throw more light on her case, I will present the detaild fact here.

With a score of 320, her mark from UTME amounts to 80% (i.e. 320/400 x 100)
Her school cert results are: English A1 (=8 marks); Biology C4 (=5 marks); Chemistry B3 (=6 marks); Maths B3 (=6 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Further Maths B2 (=7marks), and Civic Educ A1 (=8 marks). That gives her 45 points, or 70.3% (i.e. 44/64x100)

So her overall average - as OAU did a combination of 50% mark from JAMB and 50% mark from School Cert - is: (80+70.3)=75.15% (which we rounded up to 75.2%).

With that mark, she ranks number 103 on the list of the students who took Medicine as first Choice.

The total admission quota for Medicine in OAU is 100, and that includes UTME and Direct Entry).

Clearly although Aror did well, her mark was NOT good enough to earn her admission on merit to read Medicine in Ife. Her mark of 75.2% is clearly below our cut-off mark (which was initially 78%, but we later reduced to 77.7%). Between her mark of 75.2% and 77.7%, by the way, there were 56 other candidates who scored higher than her but did not make the cut-off. For example, two people had 77.6%, two other people had 77.5%, four people had 77.4% etc.
Having presented the detailed facts about Aror's case, let me also help the many young Nigerians who may be accessing this site with more information on admission as I see a lot of misrepresentation, falsehood, and misunderstanding from the comments that various people had made on this case.

1. Admission into Nigerian Universities are considered on three grounds based on the nationally specified criteria (which I think ought to be reviewed now, by the way):
A. Merit =45% (This covers all candidates from the country - and it is automatic admission once you meet the cut-off mark)
B. Catchment = 35% (this refers to those in the states specified as catchment area for each University: For OAU, that is Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti)
C. Educationally disadvantaged states (ELDS)=20% = This refers to all the 19 Northern States, and Ebonyi, Rivers and Bayelsa.

So, someone from Delta such as Aror with 75.2% will not get admission into Medicine in OAU automatically as she is only considered on merit criterion and she does NOT meet the specified cut-off, but someone with the same mark from Kwara (which is in the North Central zone) may get automatic admission with the same mark based on the consideration of ELDS if 75.2% is the specified cut-off for ELDS for Medicine.

2. When a candidate chooses a highly competitive course like Medicine in a top-rated University like OAU, the competition is very intense. Believe it or not, many of the candidates that made our merit mark had an average of six A1s in school cert coupled with very high UTME mark (above 300). So, a candidate must carefully think over his choice of course and university. For example, if Aror had chosen ANY other course as her first choice for OAU, whe would have made the merit mark and gotten automatic admission, and she would have made the merit mark for Medicine on merit for most Nigerian universities too (but NOT OAU unfortunately).

3. Because of the high demand and competition for very limited spaces, the College of Health Sciences does not consider second choices as a general rule. OAU, for example, was only able to offer admission on UTME platform (Merit + Catchment + ELDS) to less than 3% of her applicants for Medicine, and less than 2% of her applicants for Nursing Science this year.

4. For cases like Aror where the candidadte has made a high mark but does not make the cut-off, what the candidate can sometimes do is to come to the University and try and see if he or she can be considered for other courses. A candidadte DOES NOT get considered automatically for a course she has not applied to in JAMB. A candidadte is ONLY automatically considered for the course he or she has applied for with respect to a particular university.

Unfortunately, Aror has left her case too late as all admission lists have been submitted for this year.
Source:https://www.nairaland.com/3532584/girl-laments-over-inability-secure/4
serious
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:41am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

My point is that A levels go directly to 200l not 100l, 100l admissions is strictly o'levels
Some universities have a fixed number of students that are admitted for a course yearly.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 1:43am On Dec 23, 2016
daneni1:

I don't think any mistake was made on the computation of O'level GPA, I think this is where you got it wrong. However, let still hope something can be done with our apologies.

The issue made know on the thread is that there is an omission of a subject in the O'level GPA. If that is true, how is that not a mistake?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by BraniacX(m): 1:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

They were asked to provide their best 8 subjects and she submitted only 7

And out of 10 subjects with 4 A1's, 3 B2's and 3 C4's her best 7 not 8 leave her short of what's required undecided seriously?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:44am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

Bro, I see your point..But were the candidates aware that this O'level GPA stuff will be used? How person no go supply all 8 if she know say e go favour her?
Since the transcript shows an option for best 8 subjects, it's quite logical to assume that the candidates were hinted but she ignored this vital detail.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by daneni1(m): 1:45am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

The issue made know on the thread is that there is an omission of a subject in the O'level GPA. If that is true, how is that not a mistake?

That was because physics was posted twice but was computed once. pls, go thru it again and see for yourself.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

1. They were asked to submit their best 8 subjects and she submitted 7, resulting to her 45/64

2. According to the professor's calculations, which are correct by the way, she fell short of the cut off.

3. The system of admission has changed. Back in the day, you merely needed to get above the cut off in jamb and get 5 credits(including English and Maths) in SSCE, but the system is quite different now.

Need I say more?

wrong, they were asked to upload their O'level result
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:47am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

And out of 10 subjects with 4 A1's, 3 B2's and 3 C4's her best 7 not 8 leave her short of what's required undecided seriously?
Let's use a practical example here...

In a semester, if you aim for a 5.0 GPA and get As in 7 courses instead of 8, will the last course be rendered invalid to ensure you attain that perfect GPA?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by BraniacX(m): 1:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

Some universities have a fixed number of students that are admitted for a course yearly.

And O.A.U's for med n surg is 100 and our argument is if her scores had been properly computed she would have beaten the cut of mark by a wide margin and made it on merit alone so there is either foul play, a computing error and/or false declaration of facts (results) by the candidate somewhere
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:50am On Dec 23, 2016
BlueWizAngel:

wrong, they were asked to upload their O'level result
Perhaps, you are right. However, from what I see on the transcript, only 7 O'level subjects were submitted.

Whose fault is that?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:51am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

And O.A.U's for med n surg is 100 and our argument is if her scores had been properly computed she would have beaten the cut of mark by a wide margin and made it on merit alone so there is either foul play, a computing error and/or false declaration of facts (results) by the candidate somewhere
Her scores were properly computed.

At least, the scores from the grades she submitted.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 1:52am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

That was in the 80's and early 90's when they retained true federal character but that is no more, I have attended lectures in southwestern university where lectures were given in english with a smattering of yoruba and i felt the odd man out due to language differences! Feel free to disagree of course

of course I will disagree. we are talking about the university of ife which once had prof Cyril Onwumechili as vice chancellor. how many uni's in other parts of the country have had VC's from ethnic groups that aren't theirs?

of the students that were tragically killed in the cultists attack that changed ife forever, eviano ekelemo, efe ekede and Godfrey ekpede were not Yoruba. this guys lost their lives for ife to be free of cultists, yet you seem to suggest they were never students of ife. or aren't u saying the school doesnt admit non-yorubas?

if you're going to accuse an institution of tribalism....it shouldn't be ife. or any school in the south west for that matter. I met lots of Igbos and hausas and even a few ghanians in ife as recently as 2013. and they still remain my friends till today.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by BraniacX(m): 1:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

They were asked to provide their best 8 subjects and she submitted only 7

According to who?

I don't think she could have made that type of mistake! I could be wrong though but for her to raise an alarm on social media will point that she feels cheated and that is not the case!

But why did the provost type physics twice without calculating it twice?

Many questions need answers
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 1:53am On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

Need I say more?

Bro, this is spot on and clears the air, thanks. Admission process in somewhat weak (I don't want to use condescending word against the great IFE) and both parties are to blame..Isn't the school supposed to request the candidates O'level results which normally should show all of the subjects done and grades obtained? Why submit 7, 8 or 9. This yields inconsistency which the young lady has fallen in, unfortunately. That was her own mistake, for failing to provide the required number of results that the school required.

In a saner and more open scenario, students should be asked to submit their O'level or statement of results, not a part of the results which open room for manipulation or even inconsistency. It would even be much better if the universities can access the scores of these candidates directly from the examining bodies or candidates' schools. This is how it is done in the good universities that OAU is try to become like somebody.

Painful, painful, painful. An archaic, inconsistent technique has cost a very brilliant candidate a place that she so much merited. I want to mentor that girl if I have the time and chance.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 1:54am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

According to who?

I don't think she could have made that type of mistake! I could be wrong though but for her to raise an alarm on social media will point that she feels cheated and that is not the case!

Good question, BraniacX and Phi001, over to you for answers. This healthy debate must get somewhere.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=Phi001 post=52180618]
Perhaps, you are right. However, from what I see on the transcript, only 7 O'level subjects were submitted.

Whose fault is that? [/quo
Now i can't answer, let's watch and see how things unfolds.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 1:56am On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

of course I will disagree. we are talking about the university of ife which once had prof Cyril Onwumechili as vice chancellor. how many uni's in other parts of the country have had VC's from ethnic groups that aren't theirs?

of the students that were tragically killed in the cultists attack that changed ife forever, eviano ekelemo, efe ekede and Godfrey ekpede were not Yoruba. this guys lost their lives for ife to be free of cultists, yet you seem to suggest they were never students of ife. or aren't u saying the school doesnt admit non-yorubas?

if you're going to accuse an institution of tribalism....it shouldn't be ife. or any school in the south west for that matter. I met lots of Igbos and hausas and even a few ghanians in ife as recently as 2013. and they still remain my friends till today.

Bros, nobody is accusing IFE of tribalism. He even made it clear in my initial attack on his post.

IFE has class..All Naija knows that
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sirmose: 1:56am On Dec 23, 2016
You are damn wrong as the OAU you thought to have known has just disappointed you with wrong computation. How do you explain the repeating of physics twice but single counting? Where is her eighth subject?
With the eighth subject assuming a score of C, she should have a total of 50, instead of 44. That is, 78.13%. Plus the 80% in UTME, divided by 2, she should have an average of 79%, which qualifies her for admission under merit.
The so called highly rated OAU has crashed the supposedly howbeit self-acclaimed high standard. Knowing this now, are you not disappointed?

kstix:
See? I was telling someone this morning that the OAU i know would give u admission if u pass the cut off mark. He was arguing with me like i don't know my school again. She chose a very competitive course where even ppl that scored more than her were not given admission.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 1:56am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

According to who?

At bolded 1: That's a lot of confidence in somebody you don't know. We're all prone to mistakes.

At bolded 2: it was obviously a typo error. I bet if she made an F in Physics, you'd have been okay with calculating it just once.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by AK481(m): 1:58am On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=thinkative post=52178617]

regarding the ranking. she ranked 103 among the jambites. 100 students were admitted in all for medicine. but those 100 were not all jambites. direct entry admissions were included. ur logic here does not take the direct entries into consideration.

and I don't think its nice to call the provost names. he should be applauded for showing concern (if its really is true that the reply is from him). most university dons I know wouldn't care a hoot cos they know there's nothing anyone can do about it in this Godforsaken country![/

quote]

how did the de now get 75. something? how did they divide theirs too.

you dont have sense! trying to bting excuse from fowl nyarsh.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sirmose: 1:58am On Dec 23, 2016
It could only be convincing to people like you without reasoning cap.

You are damn wrong as the OAU you thought to have known has just disappointed you with wrong computation. How do you explain the repeating of physics twice but single counting? Where is her eighth subject?
With the eighth subject assuming a score of C, she should have a total of 50, instead of 44. That is, 78.13%. Plus the 80% in UTME, divided by 2, she should have an average of 79%, which qualifies her for admission under merit.
The so called highly rated OAU has crashed the supposedly howbeit self-acclaimed high standard. Knowing this now, are you not disappointed?

XXLDICK:
the explanation is convincing enough

Post UTME shouldn't have been scrapped. Jamb should havd been scrapped instead

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sirmose: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2016
Mr reader, how come with your slow reading you still could not see the wrong computations presented to you?

"It could only be convincing to people like you without reasoning cap.

The so called highly rated OAU has crashed the supposedly howbeit self-acclaimed high standard. Knowing this now, are you not disappointed?"

LorDBolton:

read the post again...

This time... SLOWLY

Even during pume era such cases occur, I know someone who was offered fishery instead of medicine n surgery.

Anybody who's been thru the 4 walls of any nigerian university would automatically comprehend what the provost just declared
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

Bro, this is spot on and clears the air, thanks. Admission process in somewhat weak (I don't want to use condescending word against the great IFE) and both parties are to blame..Isn't the school supposed to request the candidates O'level results which normally should show all of the subjects done and grades obtained? Why submit 7, 8 or 9. This yields inconsistency which the young lady has fallen in, unfortunately. That was her own mistake, for failing to provide the required number of results that the school required.

In a saner and more open scenario, students should be asked to submit their O'level or statement of results, not a part of the results which open room for manipulation or even inconsistency. It would even be much better if the universities can access the scores of these candidates directly from the examining bodies or candidates' schools. This is how it is done in the good universities that OAU is try to become like somebody.

Painful, painful, painful. An archaic, inconsistent technique has cost a very brilliant candidate a place that she so much merited. I want to mentor that girl if I have the time and chance.
Someone did mention that they were asked to submit their O'level results.
The girl submitted only 7. Perhaps she assumed that Painting and Civic Education as subjects would be irrelevant.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 2:02am On Dec 23, 2016
sirmose:

OAU remains high standards, at least by naija standards, no one can take that from them.

But this mistake, once established, we must publicize it. Have you sent a message to the prof by facebook. Someone was busy telling me that no mistake was made in the computation. Please read previous posts
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 2:02am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

I think direct entry should be into 200l not 100l or has that changed? undecided correct me if i'm wrong

not direct entry from polytechnics oo. medicine is too sensitive a course for dat..

if I may recall, students from other departments who have met a specified threshold regarding their CGPA are allowed to cross over to medicine. that's the direct entry the provost was referring to
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 2:02am On Dec 23, 2016
sirmose:
Mr reader, how come with your slow reading you still could not see the wrong computations presented to you?

"It could only be convincing to people like you without reasoning cap.

The so called highly rated OAU has crashed the supposedly howbeit self-acclaimed high standard. Knowing this now, are you not disappointed?"

Just look at a screenshot of her transcript and conclude who the party to be blamed is.

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by tobiasbeecher: 2:03am On Dec 23, 2016
Kendzyma:
This is coming from a nairalander with d Monika Adesegunfat

My name is Adesegun Fatusi, and I am the Provost of the College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife. The case of the Aror Oghenerukewve has just been brought to my notice. To throw more light on her case, I will present the detaild fact here.

With a score of 320, her mark from UTME amounts to 80% (i.e. 320/400 x 100)
Her school cert results are: English A1 (=8 marks); Biology C4 (=5 marks); Chemistry B3 (=6 marks); Maths B3 (=6 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Further Maths B2 (=7marks), and Civic Educ A1 (=8 marks). That gives her 45 points, or 70.3% (i.e. 44/64x100)

So her overall average - as OAU did a combination of 50% mark from JAMB and 50% mark from School Cert - is: (80+70.3)=75.15% (which we rounded up to 75.2%).

With that mark, she ranks number 103 on the list of the students who took Medicine as first Choice.

The total admission quota for Medicine in OAU is 100, and that includes UTME and Direct Entry).

Clearly although Aror did well, her mark was NOT good enough to earn her admission on merit to read Medicine in Ife. Her mark of 75.2% is clearly below our cut-off mark (which was initially 78%, but we later reduced to 77.7%). Between her mark of 75.2% and 77.7%, by the way, there were 56 other candidates who scored higher than her but did not make the cut-off. For example, two people had 77.6%, two other people had 77.5%, four people had 77.4% etc.
Having presented the detailed facts about Aror's case, let me also help the many young Nigerians who may be accessing this site with more information on admission as I see a lot of misrepresentation, falsehood, and misunderstanding from the comments that various people had made on this case.

1. Admission into Nigerian Universities are considered on three grounds based on the nationally specified criteria (which I think ought to be reviewed now, by the way):
A. Merit =45% (This covers all candidates from the country - and it is automatic admission once you meet the cut-off mark)
B. Catchment = 35% (this refers to those in the states specified as catchment area for each University: For OAU, that is Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti)
C. Educationally disadvantaged states (ELDS)=20% = This refers to all the 19 Northern States, and Ebonyi, Rivers and Bayelsa.

So, someone from Delta such as Aror with 75.2% will not get admission into Medicine in OAU automatically as she is only considered on merit criterion and she does NOT meet the specified cut-off, but someone with the same mark from Kwara (which is in the North Central zone) may get automatic admission with the same mark based on the consideration of ELDS if 75.2% is the specified cut-off for ELDS for Medicine.

2. When a candidate chooses a highly competitive course like Medicine in a top-rated University like OAU, the competition is very intense. Believe it or not, many of the candidates that made our merit mark had an average of six A1s in school cert coupled with very high UTME mark (above 300). So, a candidate must carefully think over his choice of course and university. For example, if Aror had chosen ANY other course as her first choice for OAU, whe would have made the merit mark and gotten automatic admission, and she would have made the merit mark for Medicine on merit for most Nigerian universities too (but NOT OAU unfortunately).

3. Because of the high demand and competition for very limited spaces, the College of Health Sciences does not consider second choices as a general rule. OAU, for example, was only able to offer admission on UTME platform (Merit + Catchment + ELDS) to less than 3% of her applicants for Medicine, and less than 2% of her applicants for Nursing Science this year.

4. For cases like Aror where the candidadte has made a high mark but does not make the cut-off, what the candidate can sometimes do is to come to the University and try and see if he or she can be considered for other courses. A candidadte DOES NOT get considered automatically for a course she has not applied to in JAMB. A candidadte is ONLY automatically considered for the course he or she has applied for with respect to a particular university.

Unfortunately, Aror has left her case too late as all admission lists have been submitted for this year.
Source:https://www.nairaland.com/3532584/girl-laments-over-inability-secure/4
Your explanation is filled with arrogance and half truth. What makes OAU a top rated university as you arrogantly alluded to? Are they among the top 20 universities in Africa? What makes them top rated? What breakthrough in medicine or Engineering have they recorded in recent years? Since you saw that she did well why can't you offer her alternatives? Must she come to social media before you people do what's right? This is how you people have killed meritocracy and enthrone mediocrity in all sectors in this shambolic country! The worst tragedy (that's even bigger than what you did to the young girl) is you arrogantly saying that OAU is a top rated university. Mr provost, please fear God.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by akoko11: 2:05am On Dec 23, 2016
Finally d best place to school is south southern Nigeria, all ethnic groups are well represented in our schools. I wish she chose uniben or other schools in south south geopolitical zone, she would hv been admitted. Just imagine d partiality we r experiencing in Nigeria, all northern state in Nigeria hv easier way of being admitted into higher institutions. Who made those law? I think they need to b reviewed, almost everything is skew to favor d north only.
We need more explanations why this girl is not admitted, I am not convinced by this explanation at all
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 2:09am On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=AK481 post=52180729][/quote]

if u take your time to read what I typed, you would realize you are the one who does not have senses. you could walk the length of the world and never encounter sense. even if sense perches on your nose, you would most likely swat it away....
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sirmose: 2:10am On Dec 23, 2016
Accusing others of what you just did now, blindly accepting wrong computation. Its a pity how we lack reasoning in this part of the world.

soletar:
I am impressed with the prompt and detailed response of OAU.

A lot of folks just blindly commented in the morning and they still insist on arguing with the facts provided.

The young girl just was unlucky, though it's still likely some undeserving students would slip through the cracks and get admitted by nepotism.

Those still arguing OAU should have still gone ahead to give her admission just are not ready to face the facts provided here.

Good luck to the girl

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Is This Lady One Of The Reasons Bowen Students Were Afraid Of The Drug Test? / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / Oau Admission For 2009/2010 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.