Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) (7767 Views)

Dino Melaye: Kogi CJ Orders Police To Move Senator To Abuja National Hospital / Police To Parade Dino Melaye With Criminals In Lokoja / Donald Trump Calls Nnamdi Kanu On Phone AUDIO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by AjayiWrites2: 12:48am On Dec 23, 2016
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, on Thursday in Abuja inaugurated a joint investigative panel on the Dec. 10 legislative re-run elections in Rivers, with one of the tasks being to probe the phone call between Governor Nyesom Wike and some electoral officials.

The 15-man panel, headed by DCP Damien Okoro, consists of officers of the police and the Department of State Services (DSS) with investigative, forensic and technical expertise.“The panel which is to conduct its investigation in conjunction with a team from the Department of States Services (DSS) has the following terms of reference:

“One, Conduct a thorough investigation into the role of security agents before, during and after the election;

“Two, examine the role of any police officer or security agent whose actions or activities individually or collectively was detrimental to the good conduct of the elections;

“Three, conduct a forensic analysis on the audio report released by Sahara Reporters as it concerns the election.

“ Four, examine any other matter that is relevant to the conduct of the elections, and make recommendations and implementation strategies to guide future elections.’’

He also charged the panel to probe the violence that marred the exercise in which two police officers were gruesomely murdered.

He noted that the 1999 Constitution and other relevant laws empowered the police to conduct investigations into criminal matters across the entire country.

The I-G gave the committee 30 days with effect from Dec. 17 to submit its findings.

Idris said that four suspects had so far been arrested in connection with the murder of two officers, while two rifles had been recovered.

The IG said that the police was an apolitical organisation that must not get involved in politics, adding that its interest was to ensure hitch-free elections.

He solicited the support and cooperation of all well-meaning Nigerians, especially INEC and the Rivers State Government, to enable the panel succeed in its assignment.

Responding, Okoro, thanked the I-G for the confidence reposed in the committee, adding that they will be guided by relevant extant laws in the discharge of the assignment.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/police-to-probe-wikes-tapped-phone.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by AjayiWrites2: 12:48am On Dec 23, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Flexherbal(m): 1:21am On Dec 23, 2016
Nigerians are watching...
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by WizBLANCE(m): 2:08am On Dec 23, 2016
Too many people for a simple job. One good head can do this better.
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by veekid(m): 8:19am On Dec 23, 2016

no where the case go touch
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Marjenny(f): 8:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Use voice analysis on the tape. My simple advice
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Oildichotomy(m): 8:20am On Dec 23, 2016
Ain't there privacy concerns in this regard?

Everybody is setting up probe panel upandan on the same matter! Why are we like this in this country?

I give up

3 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by paulchineduN(m): 8:21am On Dec 23, 2016
Too many probes. This govt will go down in history as the most probe prone govt with little prosecution and conviction.

2 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Category1: 8:22am On Dec 23, 2016
Y
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Omudia11: 8:22am On Dec 23, 2016
A murderer belongs in jail and has no buisness holding any public office

2 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by mikaael(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2016
last last they will sweep it under d carpet or rug....d ekiti tape saga comes to mind...if I was wike I wudnt even fret...its only a matter if settlement..smh Nigeria
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by neolboy(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Nonsense, too many committee
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Atiku2019: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Observing.................
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by nairaman66(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2016
Wike talked like a tout with no class at all in the audio. Talks like a man who gives and takes life at will..

4 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Afriface: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2016
wike! wike!! how many times have I called you?

1 Like

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by fineboynl(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2016
what did wine said on the video? well let me download. will be back
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Mayydayy(m): 8:26am On Dec 23, 2016
paulchineduN:
Too many probes. This govt will go down in history as the most probe prone govt with little prosecution and conviction.
At least.Jonathan was bringing them to book

1 Like

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Lordsocrates: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2016
You will know them by their comment.
" too many people"
"too many committee" etc..

yes if u dnt know, the committee has to be much so that the when some people try to bribe them, they won't be able to bribe all, and when they try to kill, they won't be able to kill all.

2 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by sammyj: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2016
Wike the hypocrite should be investigated and if found wanting should be jailed after his tenure as a governor. I believe that tape because of Wike antecedence in election fraud. We are watching in 6D cool !!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Lordsocrates: 8:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Mayydayy:

At least.Jonathan was bringing them to book

Mention 5 high profile person that were brought to book and get 50k recharge card, 10k for each

3 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Lordsocrates: 8:27am On Dec 23, 2016
neolboy:
Nonsense, too many committee

shame

Rivers of blood is all what Rivers state has be attributed to for the past 1/2 yrs, pre-election, election, n post elections violence has claims hundreds of citizens lives, and now that at least someone/some people are to be investigated so as to bring the perpetrators of the heinious act to book..

you cry foul play.. Nigeria Must work, weda u corruption filled, morality depraved folks like it or not

1 Like

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by 1zynnvn(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2016
I've said it before, tell that plateau man to return our something else he won't leave this state alive. I will keel him

1 Like

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by casttlebarbz(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2016
i didnt even bother to listen
...i cant use my hard earned mb to listen to wike's voice
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Sanuzi(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Segadem(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2016
Good
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by EmmaOgbu(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Is only in Nigeria dt the security agency will not investigate case that they have a video tape as an evidence but will go ahead to investigate a case that they have audio evidence, in this modernized world of Technology (computer) gurus.
I pity this nation. By 2019 we will be 10years behind Gambia.

6 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by ddippset(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2016
1zynnvn:
I've said it before, tell that plateau man to return our something else he won't leave this state alive. I will keel him
lol
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by HopeAtHand: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Nice one
Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Lordsocrates: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2016
HOW WILL THE NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC BE GOVERNED

while we have the Akpabio's and the Donald Duke, and the Ameachi...
they all are a far cry when you mention the other team consisting of Alamisighe, James Ibori, looter Governors, Wine ... with Tompolo, Asari dokubov etc constituting their cabinets and running the town..

DO YOU THINK ND HAS THE TECNOCRATS TO MOVE THE SYSTEM

2 Likes

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by shammah1(m): 8:39am On Dec 23, 2016
Waste of time. They should first probe saint Amaechi & the rest of the evil APC team. Useless government who can't focus on good governance but will rather spend all their tenure fighting their political enemies.

1 Like

Re: Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio) by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Going by that tape, legally, Wike is guilty of threats. He obviously gave 'something' to cordinators, then again, not INEC cordinators, he could argue because the audio mentioned cordinators, a couple of them from plateau. So, Panel will have to deal with what punishment is justifiable for 'threats to life of cordinators" if they dont return what they were given.

Looks like security was too tight for them to influence the election, that is why Wike wants the 'something' returned. This is circumstantial evidence that Wike 'attempted' to rig election, with reference to the episode on tape.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Terrorists Plan To Disrupt 2019 Election – NITDA / No More Herdsmen – Sunday Igboho Faces Soldiers, Policemen [video] / Heavy Security Presence As Abia Assembly Resumes Plenary This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.