Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! (33817 Views)

Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Things You May Like To Know About Occult And Bible Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 12:09pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:
Gullible People! I have not seen.

A book full of errors is what you call inspired by the holy spirit.

How can the holy spirit direct someone to say one thing and two other persons to say another?

But because you have been brainwashed, you decided to overlook all these errors.
A book full of errors is an error.

I can show you a hundred other verses in the bible that is contradictory and false. But hey! pick your message and forget the rest. That is why Christianity is divided.
The confused spirit is telling everyone different things.

Keep it up.

Really?
Dont u think u r reading the bible out of context?
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 1:26pm On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

Really?
Dont u think u r reading the bible out of context?

I am in fact reading it in context. I just checked out more falsehood in the bible.
Answer this question
How did Jesus call his first two disciples?

John 1:35-42 New International Version (NIV)
John’s Disciples Follow Jesus
The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”
When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?”
They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
“Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”
So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.
Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ).
And he brought him to Jesus.
Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas”

Another one
Mark 1:14-20 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Announces the Good News
After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
Jesus Calls His First Disciples
As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.
When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.

My dear brother which of them should I believe?
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 1:53pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:

I am in fact reading it in context. I just checked out more falsehood in the bible.
Answer this question
How did Jesus call his first two disciples?

John 1:35-42 New International Version (NIV)
The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”
When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?”
So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.
Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ).
Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas”

Another one
Mark 1:14-20 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Announces the Good News
After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
Jesus Calls His First Disciples
As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.
When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.

My dear brother which of them should I believe?

Ah my sister,
This one is quite simple now.

Haba shocked
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 2:04pm On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

Ah my sister, This one is quite simple now.
Haba shocked
Aye! my brother, Pray tell me. Of thou shall I chooseth?
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 2:39pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Aye! my brother, Pray tell me. Of thou shall I chooseth?
Now follow carefully,

First Event :
John 1:30-45
People involved: Andrew, Peter Simon Barjona, Jesus, John the Baptist, One unknown disciple of John
Time: Before arrest of John the Baptist
Unfolding: Andrew meets Jesus for the first time and Goes to call Peter his brother to meet Jesus for the first time.
Here, they are still following John the Baptist even though they have met Jesus the Messiah for first time

2nd Event: Mark 1:15-18
People involved: Peter, Andrew, Jesus
Timing: After the arrest of John the Baptist, the disciples went back to fishing in Galilee
Unfolding: Peter and Andrew return to fishing in Galilee after the arrest of John the Baptist.
They Meet Jesus again and officially become followers and fishers of men.
============================

2 different events.
The first was formal introduction
The 2nd was when their followership of Jesus began fully because John the Baptist had been arrested.

========================

My sister u see now that u read this one out of context?
At least u can see that people who believed this verse were not "gullible".
U see ba?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 3:45pm On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

Now follow carefully,

First Event :
John 1:30-45
People involved: Andrew, Peter Simon Barjona, Jesus, John the Baptist, One unknown disciple of John
Time: Before arrest of John the Baptist
Unfolding: Andrew meets Jesus for the first time and Goes to call Peter his brother to meet Jesus for the first time.
Here, they are still following John the Baptist even though they have met Jesus the Messiah for first time

2nd Event: Mark 1:15-18
People involved: Peter, Andrew, Jesus
Timing: After the arrest of John the Baptist, the disciples went back to fishing in Galilee
Unfolding: Peter and Andrew return to fishing in Galilee after the arrest of John the Baptist.
They Meet Jesus again and officially become followers and fishers of men.
============================

2 different events.
The first was formal introduction
The 2nd was when their followership of Jesus began fully because John the Baptist had been arrested.

========================

My sister u see now that u read this one out of context?
At least u can see that people who believed this verse were not "gullible".
U see ba?

Okay so Jesus knew them and even changed Simons name to Cephas and they spent a night with him after John already told them he is the lamb of God and they followed him and the next day he went to Galilee to call Philip and Nathaniel.

Then some time later Jesus saw TWO FISHERMEN(Andrew and Peter) and decided to call them and they followed him.
Now it's very clear to me. Thanks.

But still I wonder why the gospel of John did not specify they had already met and stayed with Jesus before he called them in Galilee and that he already called Philip and Nathaniel before calling Andrew and Peter. They should stop confusing us jare.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 4:25pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Okay so Jesus knew them and even changed Simons name to Cephas
Simon, Peter (also meaning Cephas) were all used interchangeably in the bible. Same person
Sister, even kindergarten kids know this

Robynwelo1:

and they spent a night with him after John already told them he is the lamb of God
John was not yet arrested
So John introduced them to him
But Jesus did not take the as disciples then because John was still free and ministering

Robynwelo1:

and they followed him and the next day he went to Galilee to call Philip and Nathaniel.

Please where did u see "next day"
Why are u adding your own?
You intentionally refused to read where I said Peter and his brother returned to fishing in Galilee after John the baptist was arrested?

Robynwelo1:

Then some time later Jesus saw TWO FISHERMEN(Andrew and Peter) and decided to call them and they followed him.

He already knew them.
But they returned to fishing in Galilee after the arrest.
So he called them to "follow him" thereafter.

Robynwelo1:

Now it's very clear to me. Thanks.

You are welcome

Robynwelo1:

But still I wonder why the gospel of John did not specify they had already met and stayed with Jesus before he called them in Galilee
I dont understand
Is John Obligated to say the previous history of anybody that appears in it?
Just asking.

Robynwelo1:

and that he already called Philip and Nathaniel before calling Andrew and Peter. They should stop confusing us jare.
Nobody is confusing u.
U clearly didnt not follow the chronology
You are mixing up events that happened before and after the arrest of John the Baptist.

2 Likes

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 5:00pm On May 14, 2017
You are not serious at all. The four gospels are telling you how Jesus called his disciples after his baptism and you are busy telling me chronology.

Read your bible. After Jesus spent a night with the two disciples, the next day he called Phillip and Nathaniel, it is said in the verses that follow the ones I posted in the gospel of John.

You mean to tell me that he did not make them disciples until after the next day when he called Philip and Nathaniel?

Stop deceiving yourself.

Well let me shut you up right now.
John Chapter two says;
Two days later(Three days after they spent a night with him), Jesus and his disciples where at the wedding at cana, where he performed his FIRST MIRACLE

When did they arrest John for the disciples to go back to fishing and Jesus to call them again? Why do every other gospel apart from john speak of the wedding at cana? Why does every other gospel speak of countless of miracles Jesus did before he called his disciples?

I need answers oh. start your juxtaposition.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 6:30pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:

You are not serious at all.
Are u speaking about yourself?
Maybe. undecided

Robynwelo1:

The four gospels are telling you how Jesus called his disciples after his baptism
Where is this paraphrasing of yours written in the bible?
In as much as u r correct with reagards to Mark, u r wrong for John
Stick to events as it is witten.
Avoid adding your own paraphrasing

Robynwelo1:

and you are busy telling me chronology.
Is the grammar "chronology" too big for u?

Robynwelo1:

Read your bible. After Jesus spent a night with the two disciples, the next day he called Phillip and Nathaniel, it is said in the verses that follow the ones I posted in the gospel of John.

Please post the verse here
Show us where it said "the next day"
Or is your copy and paste not catching it?

Robynwelo1:

You mean to tell me that he did not make them disciples until after the next day when he called Philip and Nathaniel?

Please post the part of John where it said they became disciples in that part of the bible?
Or you want to add what is not there?

Robynwelo1:

Stop deceiving yourself.
Hian lipsrsealed

Robynwelo1:

Well let me shut you up right now.
John Chapter two says;
Two days later(Three days after they spent a night with him), Jesus and his disciples where at the wedding at cana, where he performed his FIRST MIRACLE

Please post the verse where it said " three days after they became disciples"
Paste it Fast.

Robynwelo1:

When did they arrest John for the disciples to go back to fishing and Jesus to call them again?
You should have read Mark 1 from the beginning
To see where John the Baptist was arrested
But u chose to scrape the verses out of context.

Robynwelo1:

Why do every other gospel apart from john speak of the wedding at cana?

If only u had paid attention to the word "chronology"
But u felt it was unnecessary grammar
Please google the chronology of the gospels.
U will see why the authorship of John differs from the remaining three

Robynwelo1:

Why does every other gospel speak of countless of miracles Jesus did before he called his disciples?
Again Chronology.

Robynwelo1:

I need answers oh. start your juxtaposition.
Already Answered.
Your pride and desire to add what is not in the bible is what makes you persist.

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 7:05pm On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

Are u speaking about yourself?
Maybe. undecided

Where is this paraphrasing of yours written in the bible?
In as much as u r correct with reagards to Mark, u r wrong for John
Stick to events as it is witten.
Avoid adding your own paraphrasing

Is the grammar "chronology" too big for u?

Please post the verse here
Show us where it said "the next day"
Or is your copy and paste not catching it?

Please post the part of John where it said they became disciples in that part of the bible?
Or you want to add what is not there?

Hian lipsrsealed

Please post the verse where it said " three days after they became disciples"
Paste it Fast.

You should have read Mark 1 from the beginning
To see where John the Baptist was arrested
But u chose to scrape the verses out of context.

If only u had paid attention to the word "chronology"
But u felt it was unnecessary grammar
Please google the chronology of the gospels.
U will see why the authorship of John differs from the remaining three

Again Chronology.

Already Answered.
Your pride and desire to add what is not in the bible is what makes you persist.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”

Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas” (which, when translated, is Peter
).
Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael

The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him,
“Follow me.”
Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”
“Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.
“Come and see,” said Philip.
When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.”
“How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.
Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”
Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.”
Jesus said, “You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.” He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on’ the Son of Man.”

On the third day(some versions say two days later) a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,
and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 7:13pm On May 14, 2017
Were you really expecting Jesus to say, come and be my disciple? Once he says 'follow me' or 'come' or 'come and see' he has already made you a disciple. Why would Jesus call Andrew and Simon twice, especially after they have stayed with him and he had even changed Simon's name to Peter?!
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 8:22pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:
Were you really expecting Jesus to say, come and be my disciple? Once he says 'follow me' or 'come' or 'come and see' he has already made you a disciple. Why would Jesus call Andrew and Simon twice, especially after they have stayed with him and he had even changed Simon's name to Peter?!

The first time was at Bethcara
The 2nd time was at Galilee

The first time no fishing
The 2nd time they were fishing

I dont really know where your question is coming from
These 2 events are clearly contrasted already.

But u somehow want to by force make it the same event right? And in the same place.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 8:44pm On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

The first time was at Bethcara
The 2nd time was at Galilee

The first time no fishing
The 2nd time they were fishing

I dont really know where your question is coming from
These 2 events are clearly contrasted already.

But u somehow want to by force make it the same event right? And in the same place.

There is always going to be an excuse with you. So you are telling me now that after Jesus asked them to come with him in bethcara, the next day he went to Galilee and called Philip and Nathaniel and later saw two fishermen(Andrew and Simon), they must have travelled to Galilee too, and then he called them again.

Nice!
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 8:46pm On May 14, 2017
That is just one of the many contradictory text in the bible. The four account on the resurrection of Jesus is even more laughable.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 8:50pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:

There is always going to be an excuse with you. So you are telling me now that after Jesus asked them to come with him in bethcara, the next day he went to Galilee and called Philip and Nathaniel and later saw two fishermen(Andrew and Simon), they must have travelled to Galilee too, and then he called them again.

Nice!
The 2nd time he called them "fishers of men"
Did he call them that the first time?
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by hopefulLandlord: 11:47pm On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:
That is just one of the many contradictory text in the bible. The four account on the resurrection of Jesus is even more laughable.

lol, aren't you aware of Hermeneutics?

theists can say "a means z" and when challenged would run around and "prove" it no matter what dishonest tactics they used to do their proving
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Robynwelo1(f): 2:16am On May 15, 2017
felixomor:

The 2nd time he called them "fishers of men"
Did he call them that the first time?

Somehow, you are trying to prove that the gospel of john is only the first event before Jesus called them(Peter and Andrew) again in other gospels and they followed him, like they didn't before, even the other unnamed disciple that followed Jesus along with them, he also called him again maybe after he traveled to Galilee. Okay, I rest my case.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 3:02am On May 15, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Somehow, you are trying to prove that the gospel of john is only the first event before Jesus called them(Peter and Andrew) again in other gospels and they followed him, like they didn't before, even the other unnamed disciple that followed Jesus along with them, he also called him again maybe after he traveled to Galilee. Okay, I rest my case.

Ok good then.
But remember that it was only John that gave a more detailed account of John the Baptist before his arrest and the bible never said the first time of meeting Jesus was when discipleship started.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / Brothers, How Do You Cope Sitting Beside Ladies That Bare Cleavage In Church? / Insecurity: Father Mbaka Absolves Buhari Of Blames

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.