Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! (33868 Views)

Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Things You May Like To Know About Occult And Bible Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by MarieSucre(f): 1:35am On Jan 01, 2017
lepasharon:

If God made us from dirt, why is there still dirt?
Knock out!!!

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
uvalued:
this explanation truly did not come from the mere human brain but from the Holy Spirit
It's just apologetics. It's a skill that anyone who doesn't really care about the truth can learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
Seun:
It's just apologetics. It's a skill that anyone who doesn't really care about the truth can learn.

Now you are talking about "truth"

This means you have a certain knowledge about something and it is irrefragable and this warrants evidence

So sir , please can you share with us how you got knowledge of this "truth" which have been denied by the apologetics
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Rilwayne001: 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
felixomor:
The Bible does not contradict itself.
Over the centuries past, Numerous Agnostic and even some atheist professors who have thoroughly studied the entire bible have on many occasions, come to that conclusion, even despite admitting they dont believe it. Although many came to later believe after a complete study of it.

I would like to first define what a contradiction is according to the Oxford English dictionary;

A combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another:

A good example will be thus:
"John went to school "

To contradict or oppose this statement,
I will have to say;
"John never went to school"

In the light of the aforementioned definition;
"John went to market"
would not even by any means, be a contradiction to
"John went to school"

Why? You may ask.
The answer is simple;

John may have gone to both school and the market, but at different times.

Amen.

So how about this: Matthew is explicit when he says that the disciples are told to go to Galilee since that is where they will meet jesus (28:7). They do so (28:16), and that is where ]esus meets them and gives them his final commands (28:17-20). This is both clear-cut and completely at odds with what happens in Luke. There, the disciples are not told to go to Galilee. The women are informed at the empty tomb, by the two men, that when jesus had earlier been in Galilee, he had announced that he would be raised. Since the disciples are not told to go to Galilee, they do not do so. They stay in Jerusalem, in the land of judea. And it is there that Jesus meets them “that very day” (24:13). Jesus speaks with them and emphatically instructs them not to leave the city until they receive the power of the Spirit, which happens more than forty days later, according to Acts 1-2 (that is, they are not to go to Galilee; 24:49). He leads them right outside Jerusalem, to nearby Bethany, and gives them his last instructions and departs from them (24:50-51). And we learn they did as he commanded: they stayed in the city, worshiping in the temple (24:53). In the book of Acts, written by the same author as the book of Luke, we find out that they stayed in Jerusalem for more than a month, until the day of Pentecost (Acts 1-2).

sad sad
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by missluv: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nigayoyo:

No it's not the same...we can measure the speed of wind with a barometer..we can measure heat using the calorie method..now how do you measure God? by the way which of the Gods are we talking about here? Jehovah, Allah, Zeus, Vishnu etc?
K Oga Look At It From This Angle,lets Say We All Die Now And Later Got To Find Out That Truely There Is No God,what Do I Have To Loss For Believing There Was God, Nothing! And What Have You Gained NOTHING, But Let Say We Die And Later Found Out That Truely There Is God,what Have I Gained, Eternal Life In His Presence But What Have You Lost, EVERYTHING! So My Dear Its Ur Choice
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 2:18pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

So how about this: Matthew is explicit when he says that the disciples are told to go to Galilee since that is where they will meet jesus (28:7). They do so (28:16), and that is where ]esus meets them and gives them his final commands (28:17-20). This is both clear-cut and completely at odds with what happens in Luke. There, the disciples are not told to go to Galilee. The women are informed at the empty tomb, by the two men, that when jesus had earlier been in Galilee, he had announced that he would be raised. Since the disciples are not told to go to Galilee, they do not do so. They stay in Jerusalem, in the land of judea. And it is there that Jesus meets them “that very day” (24:13). Jesus speaks with them and emphatically instructs them not to leave the city until they receive the power of the Spirit, which happens more than forty days later, according to Acts 1-2 (that is, they are not to go to Galilee; 24:49). He leads them right outside Jerusalem, to nearby Bethany, and gives them his last instructions and departs from them (24:50-51). And we learn they did as he commanded: they stayed in the city, worshiping in the temple (24:53). In the book of Acts, written by the same author as the book of Luke, we find out that they stayed in Jerusalem for more than a month, until the day of Pentecost (Acts 1-2).

sad sad

U didnt read my write up.
Its crystal clear.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Rilwayne001: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2017
felixomor:

U didnt read my write up.
Its crystal clear.

I read your write up before quoting you, nowhere did you address the contradiction i brought up in it. And as to those ones you addressed, I've already stressed on this thread that those contradictions can be reconciled when you do a lot of interpretive gymnastics reading the texts, which is exactly what you have done on this thread. But still yet, you need to reconcile this one that i brought up, maybe i can learn something new today.

BTW, I'm expecting you on that thread too. wink
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

I read your write up before quoting you, nowhere did you address the contradiction i brought up in it. And as to those ones you addressed, I've already stressed on this thread that those contradictions can be reconciled when you do a lot of interpretive gymnastics reading the texts, which is exactly what you have done on this thread. But still yet, you need to reconcile this one that i brought up, maybe i can learn something new today.

BTW, I'm expecting you on that thread too. wink

I even defined what a "contradiction" is from the oxford dictionary.
Its only a stranger to english language that would see gymnastics here, as u claim.

There are hundreds of such scripture misinterpretations like the one u highlighted.
They all have one thing in common.
The people misinterpreting them dont know the definition of "contradiction".
And that is the case in your own example here, obviously.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Rilwayne001: 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
felixomor:

I even defined what a "contradiction" is from the oxford dictionary.
Its only a stranger to english language that would see gymnastics here, as u claim. There are hundreds of such scripture misinterpretations like the one u highlighted. They all have one thing in common. The people misinterpreting them dont know the definition of "contradiction".And that is the case in your own example here, obviously.

Contradiction or minsinterpretation or whatever you choose to call it with another of your interpretive gymnastics, all i know is that is an obvious inconsistency. The question is, did the disciples to to Galilee to meet Jesus or they stayed in in Jerusalem to meet him that very day of his resurrection?

Simple answer please undecided
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Contradiction or minsinterpretation or whatever you choose to call it with another of your interpretive gymnastics , all i know is that is an obvious inconsistency. The question is, did the disciples to to Galilee to meet Jesus or they stayed in in Jerusalem to meet him that very day of his resurrection?

Your insistence on definition of contradiction as gymnastics shows you are already on a path to insult intelligence.

Energy spent in searching through resources for discussing with people on such a mission is tantamount to waste.

Cheers. cool
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by GoodMuyis(m): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nigayoyo:

No it's not the same...we can measure the speed of wind with a barometer..we can measure heat using the calorie method..now how do you measure God? by the way which of the Gods are we talking about here? Jehovah, Allah, Zeus, Vishnu etc?

Is God a Scalar Quantity or Vector.

Can you measure, Hunger, Thirst, Happiness, Sadness, Health or Sickness?
Which SI Unit will you assign to it

cc to seun who shared it
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Omooba77: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Contradiction or minsinterpretation or whatever you choose to call it with another of your interpretive gymnastics, all i know is that is an obvious inconsistency. The question is, did the disciples to to Galilee to meet Jesus or they stayed in in Jerusalem to meet him that very day of his resurrection?

Most of the errors are typography errors and wrong translations from the original Greek words.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Rilwayne001: 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
Omooba77:

Most of the errors are typography errors and wrong translations from the original Greek words.

Blood of Jesus shocked shocked shocked

Felixomor, can you see this^

Fair enough, if it's truly and error as a result of typography and wrong translations, how come it took so long before they noticed it and why are they still yet to correct it? And then how many of these errors are there in the Bible and how sure are we that we are indeed reading the words of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Fair enough, if it's truly and error as a result of typography and wrong translations, how come it took so long before they noticed it and why are they still yet to correct it? And then how many of these errors are there in the Bible and how sure are we that we are indeed reading the words of God?

I cant see it.

U urself, were already dishonest to my explanation before.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Dayoade92(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

Just ask him a plain, simple question; if he evolved from monkeys, how come there are still monkeys and why have they not all evolved?
lepasharon:

If God made us from dirt, why is there still dirt?
Although the theist's account of the origin of man is questionable and yes, funny, they have never for once claimed that clay or dirt is evolutionary. lepasharon, your argument here doesn't follow logically... Your argument is spurious at best!
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Rilwayne001: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
felixomor:

I cant see it.U urself, were already dishonest to my explanation before.

I wasn't dishonest to your post, rather i see that you were trying to evade the question and i had to leave you be. There's no point trying to force you answer what you have no answer for.

Go in peace my brother. wink
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Omooba77: 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The Word of God is forever settled Psalm 119:89, I have a combined yoruba/english Bible I discovered some typo errors due to fact I have read other versions. For example if you want type Olododo and you remove the last two letters it becomes Olodo which has changed the meaning.

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

I wasn't dishonest to your post, rather i see that you were trying to evade the question and i had to leave you be. There's no point trying to force you answer what you have no answer for.

Go in peace my brother. wink

Anything that helps u relieve
Shalom. cool
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Is God a Scalar Quantity or Vector.

cc to seun who shared it

Hold it bro!

You do not need faith to know Hunger is real
You do not need faith to know Thirst is real
You do not need faith to know Happiness is real
You do not need faith to know Sadness is real
You do not need faith to know Health is real
You do not need faith to know Sickness is real

Hunger, Thirst, Happiness, Sadness, Health, and Sickness are observable, reproducible, testable, and have been shown to exist!
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Rilwayne001: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Omooba77:

The Word of God is forever settled Psalm 119:89, I have a combined yoruba/english Bible I discovered some typo errors due to fact I have read other versions. For example if you want type Olododo and you remove the last two letters it becomes Olodo which has changed the meaning.

Lol, so how is "Galilee" and "Jerusalem" a typographical error?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
missluv:

K Oga Look At It From This Angle,lets Say We All Die Now And Later Got To Find Out That Truely There Is No God,what Do I Have To Loss For Believing There Was God, Nothing! And What Have You Gained NOTHING, But Let Say We Die And Later Found Out That Truely There Is God,what Have I Gained, Eternal Life In His Presence But What Have You Lost, EVERYTHING! So My Dear Its Ur Choice

Relying on the bible and the koran for moral guidance is like submitting one's brain to be operated upon by a caveman rather than a 21st century neurosurgeon.

There is no sufficient evidence for the existence of gods!

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by GoodMuyis(m): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nigayoyo:

Hold it bro!

You do not need faith to know Hunger is real
You do not need faith to know Thirst is real
You do not need faith to know Happiness is real
You do not need faith to know Sadness is real
You do not need faith to know Health is real
You do not need faith to know Sickness is real

Hunger, Thirst, Happiness, Sadness, Health, and Sickness are observable, reproducible, testable, and have been shown to exist!

Proven God existence to you is fruitless so am not here to prove anything

Answer My question first IF YOU KNOW; YOU ARE NOT INTELLECTUAL COWARD

Here is my Question again

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by juicydiceyjoe(m): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

The site is the handiwork of (an) atheist(s), hence the name, 'ex-christians'. It attempts to ridicule the Bible by giving you a single question with different accounts from the synoptic Gospels. Their point is to tell you about the 'contradictions' of the Bible itself, yet they tell you the Bible is just fairy tales.

One story with two different accounts and a single conclusion or message is not a fairy tale, it goes on to prove that it is indeed real (the account) but the difference here is the viewpoint of those who wrote it.

But these scriptures were not just from the writers. No scripture came from the writer's own understanding but the writer's wrote as they were inspired by God.

This still does not make up for the contradictions. God oversaw the entire process.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Seun:
I used to think I knew the gospel story very well, because I used to read the bible a lot as a Christian, but then I took the short gospel story quiz below and got every question wrong. I'd like you to take the quiz to find out whether you can do better: The Gospel Story Quiz. Thanks!

That quiz is programmed to mark you wrong, no matter the answer you pick.
And after going through the comments on this thread, I just realized that there are few true Christians than not and the few that are don't forcefully shove it up everyone's ass.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nigayoyo:

Keep deceiving yourself with your curses. Even yahweh CANNOT curse Seun! cos if yahweh tries to curse him he's gon get butt raped! cheesy

Are you insinuating that Seun is gay?
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

The site is the handiwork of (an) atheist(s), hence the name, 'ex-christians'. It attempts to ridicule the Bible by giving you a single question with different accounts from the synoptic Gospels. Their point is to tell you about the 'contradictions' of the Bible itself, yet they tell you the Bible is just fairy tales.

One story with two different accounts and a single conclusion or message is not a fairy tale, it goes on to prove that it is indeed real (the account) but the difference here is the viewpoint of those who wrote it.

Don't hastily conclude.
The fact that it was built for encouraging ex-Christians doesn't necessarily mean that an atheist put it up. It can be the work of a freethinker, scientologist, etc or even a Christian who loves money.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
HardMirror:
cheesy

Thanks seun

Anytime any christian attempts preaching to me again, I will give them this quiz. If they pass, thereby proving to be true christians then they have a right to preach to me, if they don't pass then they shld shut the fvck up. angry

From my observation of your comment, I believe you are a Darwin disciple so I put this to you.
Any day you can explain how the first organism or fossil, through which evolution supposedly began, only then do you have the moral jurisdiction to give a Christian this quiz.
Happy New Year!
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
Omooba77:

Ewoooo oo *shocked*

Happy someone admitted they are errors. Yet, some people will still blindly deny there was never an error in the bible
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by lepasharon(f): 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
Dayoade92:
Although the theist's account of the origin of man is questionable and yes, funny, they have never for once claimed that clay or dirt is evolutionary. lepasharon, your argument here doesn't follow logically... Your argument is spurious at best!

The comment was sarcastic and meant to mirror their own fallacy
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by missluv: 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nigayoyo:

Relying on the bible and the koran for moral guidance is like submitting one's brain to be operated upon by a caveman rather than a 21st century neurosurgeon.

There is no sufficient evidence for the existence of gods!
Do U Believe In Black Magic Or Magic?
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by HardMirror(m): 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
247NewsUpdateNG:

From my observation of your comment, I believe you are a Darwin disciple so I put this to you.
Any day you can explain how the first organism or fossil, through which evolution supposedly began, only then do you have the moral jurisdiction to give a Christian this quiz.
Happy New Year!
What does origin of species have to do with contradictions of the bible? If you must address me, ensure u are making sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) / Bishop Tom Samson Wears Military Outfit To Church (Photos) / Free Hymn For Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.