Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) (16120 Views)

5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / After Over 20 Job Interviews, God Answered My Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by michhitman(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2016
Without wasting much of your time.. Here are some helpful tips to help you during interviews.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by michhitman(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by sir05za(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2016
Great, nice one

1 Like

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by maxwell767(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
This days any thread I lay my comment on makes FP. cheesy

One of the mods is strongly watching me..

grin

1 Like

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by benedima: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2016
Nice one
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by veekid(m): 7:04am On Dec 26, 2016

informative; gat to bookmark

1 Like

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by nmreports: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2016
These are very great interview questions.
When I am privileged to however conduct interviews, I have two almighty questions I never fail to use.

Question 1. I have interviewed some other candidates... Rate yourself in this interview... Do you think you have done so well for me to select you?
Here, I just want to see how the candidate perceive himself.

Question 2. Kindly discuss with me what you are going to be bringing to the team if you are selected?
Here, I just want to ensure the candidate is proactive and has thought about what the job entails in his quiet time and how he plans to be efficient. It enables me to detect if this is just another job for him.

TIP: To be successful at interviews, you just have to PRACTICE and PREPARE.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by podium(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2016
nice one
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2016
Nice one... in order news.. nairaland. Beach party holding january 2 is going to be fun and intresting don't miss it guys.. for more information check my signature.. or pm.
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by Olakunle007(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by Aliyum(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2016
Very useful. Thanks for sharing
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by nurey(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2016
Extremely useful

To add to it

Question: How much would you like us to pay you
Answer: I will take the salary pay grade of my level as am sure the company has a functional one.

If they insist you fix a number, just say something you will be comfortable with, and smile sheepishly.

2 Likes

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by drinkgarri: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2016
It's a hit bro, good work
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by akoredebadru(m): 7:15am On Dec 26, 2016
Educative
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by phlexz: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2016
Good one!
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by jay0: 7:23am On Dec 26, 2016
okay
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by deltateam: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2016
That number 8 answer nah agbaya.
So what you are saying is as long as it doesn't affect you directly you won't deal with it?

What of if it affects the company nko?

My issue with people is when they feel they have answers to all human problems.
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by Abdulwaliyy7: 7:27am On Dec 26, 2016
Weldone boss
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by Adebowale89(m): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2016
educative enough.....bravo op!
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by jericco1(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2016
job tips no dey finish for NL
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by mubarak001(m): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2016
Is dt all? More pls.
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by samhay: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2016
nmreports
michhitman

As an outsourced staff, which of the companies name should appear on the cv?
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by ademasta(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2016
Great
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by happyheart(f): 7:47am On Dec 26, 2016
nmreports:
These are very great interview questions.
When I am privileged to however conduct interviews, I have two almighty questions I never fail to use.

Question 1. I have interviewed some other candidates... Rate yourself in this interview... Do you think you have done so well for me to select you?
Here, I just want to see how the candidate perceive himself.

Question 2. Kindly discuss with me what you are going to be bringing to the team if you are selected?
Here, I just want to ensure the candidate is proactive and has thought about what the job is about in his quiet time and how he plans to be efficient or this is just another job.

TIP: To be successful at interviews, you just have to PRACTICE and PREPARE.

The following are also some resources that could be useful:

a. How To Appear Valuable To An Interviewer: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/12/how-to-appear-valuable-to-every-human.html
b. How To Act During Interviews: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/09/how-to-act-during-job-interviews.html
c. How To Negotiate Salary: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/11/how-to-negotiate-your-salary-with-new.html
d. Major Mistakes Job Seekers Make: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/12/3-major-mistakes-job-seekers-make.html
Thank you.
In the spirit of Christmas please connect me to any job openings. Bsc Administration/Human resource management.University of Ghana.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays.
Thank you.
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by passyhansome(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2016
deltateam:
That number 8 answer nah agbaya.
So what you are saying is as long as it doesn't affect you directly you won't deal with it?

What of if it affects the company nko?

My issue with people is when they feel they have answers to all human problems.

Its not in interview all you do and focus on his selling yourself, use every questions thrown at you to do it, the answer is logical, though not must you go verbatim with what you got there
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by MVLOX(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2016
Very educative ..... ama sure put some of these tips to work
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by NewIdeas: 7:57am On Dec 26, 2016
The most difficult questions I hate to answer from interviews is "tell me the least salary you would accept if you are offered this job"
Men ...I just hate this question and .
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by nmreports: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2016
samhay:
nmreports
michhitman

As an outsourced staff, which of the companies name should appear on the cv?

No general rule of thumb for that.

Technically you are a staff of the outsourcing firm but in reality you are working for the firm you were outsourced to.

Take for example, [url]HRtechnique.com[/url] is the outsourcing firm for GTBank, what most people would do is put GTBank on their CV but technically you work for [url]HRtechnique.com[/url]

In other for your CV to have the quality of your nature of job either as a HR for GTBank, or an accountant or teller or marketer and which will also give you opportunities for other jobs, it is BETTER and in fact IDEAL that you use GTBank.

Hope it helps?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by Syjibrin(f): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2016
sir05za:
Great, nice one
u have a great job bros
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by bfn1: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2016
Thumbs up, op!
Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by GeoOla25(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2016
give those scanty explanations to Deloitte Akintola....I swear down you will get two regret mails at once....lol

1 Like

Re: Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) by nicelaw(m): 9:31am On Dec 26, 2016
Good job..... How best do you think we should answer the question *May we meet you?*

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Electric Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (13 Positions) / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria / Apply For KPMG Graduate Trainee Programme 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.