Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! (9392 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? / At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2009
Kc0022000:

Dont be to hard on urself grin
you betta sharrap there! who are you to judge them. Nigerians and their righteous indignation! that they faked a marriage does not mean that they were copulating. c'mon use your head! i'm not saying what they did is right but then you are not in their shoes so don't castigate them. i'm sure if you were in thier shoes you would have done the same if not even worse sef.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
@kc0022000:
im sorry the message was meant for the self righteous person calling herself "theblesssed"
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by OBVIOUS(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
the so-called whistle blower even sent numbers of passport, birth certificates, pictures----- i mean DAAAAYUUUUMM------ undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Kc0022000(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
konfessor:

you betta sharrap there! who are you to judge them. Nigerians and their righteous indignation! that they faked a marriage does not mean that they were copulating. c'mon use your head! i'm not saying what they did is right but then you are not in their shoes so don't castigate them. i'm sure if you were in thier shoes you would have done the same if not even worse sef.
oK Sir, l fit talk again grin
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by OBVIOUS(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2009
Abeg no fight for hia jare--- lets talk about the marrers at hand.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
Who blew this yeye whistle? Make dem all come tanda for 9ja ba?
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Carlosein(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2009
manmustwac:

Am not surprised. I've heard similar stories before. Nigerians don't have morals and integrity.

yes, they only have integrated morals (or is it moralated integrity undecided undecided undecided)
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by morpheus24: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
Th story looks bogus to me. The wedding picture and the london picutre look ages apart. The man looks fairly younger on the wedding pic.

This is a bogus story
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by segzeybaba(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
for me i think na person wey know dem, grass dem out, naija sha

defo with election looming, the 'iyawo or daughter' dey go back to naija, DEPORTATION str8 up
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by 9jatitan(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2009
I can't shout its just another day in 9ja news, lol, its fun to read,
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by pius4luv(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
it's a lesson to every one in Life that what ever you are doing in Life don't allow anyone or friend to know much about it,try and keep it yourself.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by busybody20: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
1luvkipsus:

Adesanya, The Yorubas can be really 'smart' and funny.

What has being Yoruba got to do with this?

@ Topic,

[size=18pt]Until the story comes from a credible source like BBC, homeoffice website etc, the story is FALSE[/size] 18! Just the way a rumour was started a few days ago about the death of Maryam Babaginda when she was alive!
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nezan(m): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
Ha ha ha ha, truelly out of Naija.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by babyspice: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nigerians don't have morals and integrity.

Thats a pretty harsh assessment for a country that has a population of millions! Are you saying you`ve met every Nigerian? Wow!! shocked How was that like? how long did it take? You actually met them all?  Did you get phone numbers too? I must have missed it, maybe i was outta town?  grin grin grin

Ps- the Guy is still a sicko and a poor rep for Nigeria! embarassed
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by U1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nigerians don't have morals and integrity.

Oro buruku ni igboro enu Shame! angry
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by mrperfect(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
I pray that God will help all of us.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by otukpo(f): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
E yaa, i just dey pity the man.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by stillfly(m): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
i just wonder why Nigerians don't love their motherland.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by ajiifixing(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
Why is everyone going on as if the man is sleeping with his daughter?.The man only took pix to fool the Home office now.
Please spare us the hypocrisy, everyone of you can do the same thing with a white man/woman u meet (and never intended to marry) online.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by shesi(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
A whistleblower sent letters to the High Commission in Lagos and the UK Border Agency including specific details such as names, addresses, passport numbers and even a copy of the wedding photograph.

A whistleblower indeed. This is why you have to be very careful about your countrymen you meet abroad. especially the old ones whose lives are stuck. Complete jealousy.

I'm sorry but this is one 'crime' i dont really mind. A father just trying to get the best life possible to his family. And not really hurting anyone in the process.  Sometimes you have to bend the rules a little to get ahead. The politicians who make the rules themselves do it all the time.

And btw, OP, what is vomit-inducing about this story? did it mention anywhere he is having sex with the daughter? i assume that's what you're implying. Get off your friggin high horse

1 Like

Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by OBVIOUS(m): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
^^^^^^ i know many NLdrs CANNOT read. No mind dem.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Pwill: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
Shit happens
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by BAC: 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
Actually thinking of it. I think this guy and his daughter will get away with this scam.

Reason: There is no solid proof and they have published in the newspapers. If I was that man, I will sue the press and the home office and those that put pressure on the home office to investigate, I will sue them all for at least £1M and give my daughter a share of the win.

This looks like blessing in disguise for them.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by platinumnk(f): 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
If you do something that is crimminal-like, why go running your mouth? undecided
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by hackney(m): 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
people go dey yab abroad but behind the scenes them dey commit all kinds of atrocities to get here.
Mscheeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! ! ! !
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by redsky1: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
platinumnk:

If you do something that is crimminal-like, why go running your mouth? undecided

ur really asking this question - u no sabi our people again.

the one that is surprising me is that people on here think what he did was ok. then tomorrow complain when a relative can't get a visa.

IF WHAT THESE PEOPLE DID IS TRUE then it is wrong as for the person who reported them - i don't know what to say but it really does reek of someone who was out to get this man as who the hell photocopies all those documents and sends to offices in nigeria and the UK. THAT IS COLD!
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by justwise(m): 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2009
redsky1:

your really asking this question - u no sabi our people again.

the one that is surprising me is that people on here think what he did was ok. then tomorrow complain when a relative can't get a visa.

IF WHAT THESE PEOPLE DID IS TRUE then it is wrong as for the person who reported them - i don't know what to say but it really does reek of someone who was out to get this man as who the hell photocopies all those documents and sends to offices in nigeria and the UK. THAT IS COLD!

U know some of us Nigerians are always quick to support illegal things still we complain when we are called dubious names.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by jumobi1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
stillfly:

i just wonder why Nigerians don't love their motherland.
Don't be daft. Its not about not loving Nigeria. Its just that its better else where. Much better.
This isn't news really unless you live under a rock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet / Travelling To India / Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.