Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! (9391 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? / At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by semid4lyfe(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
Na wa o!
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by manny4life(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
Well good luck to them on that one, as long as they don't sleep together which is the biggest atrocity, they can do whatever they please.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
wonders shall never end
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by hax: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
Poor guy. It's not like he's planning to bomb the place or anything. Just looking for a new place to live and all. And legally too. Is there any rule stopping a man from marrying his daughter? Maybe their love sef strong gan. lol
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
hax:

Poor guy. It's not like he's planning to bomb the place or anything. Just looking for a new place to live and all. And legally too. Is[b] there any rule stopping a man from marrying his daughter? Maybe their love sef strong gan. lol
[/b]

Where is ur moral?
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by OBVIOUS(m): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
The article never says they slept together---- he was only trying to do her a favor by helping her family--- and his grandkids.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by r231(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2009
Totally disgusting and they should be deported asap. What is this country coming to. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world and becoming a third world country.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by xcapade: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2009
Paulifendu:

The bigggggggggggeeesssssst foooooooooool of the century, What is in the UK. Nonsense.

U must be one of those that have either visited once , been deported or been severally refused a Visa.

i can smell the beef.[/

U need to wait  until people start crossing the the Atlantic,walking through the  dessert or
marrying their child to get naija papers b4 making this kind of statement.

Having lived here for over 30yrs, he must surely know where would suit her daughter better b4 doing what he did.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by agathamari(f): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
people here are quock to blame the whistleblower and not the guy and ones like him who cause the imigration issues for the rest of nigerians.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by MrCrackles(m): 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2009
This is desperation outta the pitch tiled roof. . .
What the fuc.k?
Married your own father for the right to stay in the UK shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
agathamari:

people here are quock to blame the whistleblower and not the guy and ones like him who cause the imigration issues for the rest of nigerians.

Bless you!!
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by OBVIOUS(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
But if NO ONE blew the whistle---- all will be well. I feel bad--- he was trying to do the best he could for his grandkids---- na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
What the guy did was wrong - period.

You need to see the way Nigerians are treated, when they apply for visas to the UK, US or other places. With deep suspicion.

It's people like this man that make things harder for genuine applications. I'm glad he was rumbled - there were better ways he could have gone about things. Even an "arrangee" would have been better. Why wait 30 years to get his daughter permanent residency within the United Kingdom? 30 years ago, things were way easier, I think he stuffed up, really.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by SeyiNweke: 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2009
I was wondering who the whistleblower is - how long have they known and maybe the man or woman angered them enough for them to put together all the information ! Apparently it was someone in nigeria - hmmmm

As for the man himself he will forfeit even his own right to stay in the UK if he is found guilty. These days the UK govt think about how much strain each additional person is adding to the UK system. They are even lucky it is the uk - if it's america they would have been on their way back to nigeria by now.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by xcapade: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
agathamari:

This would only cause immigration problems for those that intend to follow the same
procedure and stupid enough to brag about it to all and sundry.

If u are legally married to a U.k citizen, there is no way this can have any effect on you.

Every country that requires strict visa applications to travel to Europe or America all have
pple doing various things to outsmart immigration so no biggie

Dude was only trying to help his daughter and her family.

At least he hasnt locked his daughter in some dungeon (for those who know the story) nor has he killed anyone.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by tunnytox(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
agathamari:

You see most of this whistle blowers blow their whistle out of jealousy or bad belle, if they check the so called whistleblower himself they find out he'll something to hide. Most ppl have one thing or the other to hide
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Secretz(f): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
Wonders shall never end. . . . but seriously, it's not unheard of, and its fricking pathetic, giving sincere Nigerians a bad name. Anyways, now adays, it's not unheard of for the home office to ask supposed 'genuinely' married couples to consumate their marriage. So we'll see how far others want to get if they try and pull this one. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by SeyiNweke: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2009
on the consummation of the marriage - where are the children?
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Demainman1: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
Maybe, Just maybe the son inlaw has been wronged. You know with our nigeria women abroad. becoming too 'independent' for the man's liking. Just my own opinion!
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by redsky1: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2009
Demain_man:

Maybe, Just maybe the son inlaw has been wronged. You know with our nigeria women abroad. becoming too 'independent' for the man's liking. Just my own opinion!

maybe na the husband's girl friend (in naija) that caused this.

but please what they did is wrong
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by onijogbon(m): 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
na only one word i get to say: arrogance!

if dis man or hin pickin never brag about the whole thing, it would be a different story now.  sometimes, i find it hard to believe how stupid some of us naijas can be.

and to all the holier than thou folks for NL (i no go mention theblessed), una do well.

i bet half if not all of una wey dey crucify this man and hin pickin probably would have done worse if in similar situation.

like someone said earlier (and i agree) people things for different reasons but it's easy for una wey dey fortunate to be born citizens to talk crap about the issue. 

no be una fault sha. . .
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Theblessed(f): 1:04am On Nov 19, 2009
Secretz:

Wonders shall never end. . . . but seriously, it's not unheard of, and its fricking pathetic, giving sincere Nigerians a bad name. Anyways, now adays, it's not unheard of for the home office to ask supposed 'genuinely' married couples to consumate their marriage. So we'll see how far others want to get if they try and pull this one.  lipsrsealed

That's quite right but not enough. I think they should try and hit suspected fraudsters with DNA tests first.  That way them go bigin to uncover/dismantle not only their web of lies and deceits but also put to an end this kind of detestable practices - where a father is marrying his own daughter and perhaps brothers and sisters are on it as well. 

So, when next they bigin to plan a Church/Registry Office wedding, them go remember sey, its not worth going there and keep it NEAT and CLEAN as Doctors and Nurses might be waiting to collect some saliva, blood or urine samples before the wedding. Maybe, that would save some of us innocent Nigerians from getting lump in/tagged as criminals hence, save the system from this kind of embarrassment.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nijasingh: 1:07am On Nov 19, 2009
The LOVE of a FATHER for his DAUGHTER is what I see here!!  (If it is true).

I do not think a NIGERIAN father will do this for any immoral reason.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 19, 2009
the first set of photos look absolutely different from the second pair. And i guess the OP edited her post when s/he was told this. More kalokalo.

In the first picture, the man is very dark skinned and so is his "daughter".

In the second one with jeans, they are both light skinned and have little resemblance to the original pictures. The "daughter" especially.

In addition, they dont look Yoruba, even though Yorubas have a variety of looks.

Not saying they're not, however, in the absence of evidence proving otherwise.

Lastly, the whistleblowers arent that much better than them, if indeed the man did what he's being accused of.

However, nothing I havent heard before, just not from Nigeria.

They shouldnt have been that desperate for her to travel, assuming the allegations are true. The guy could have just sent her money like others do with their own relatives. Now he's going to be accused in the court of public opinion, of various dastardly things.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Theblessed(f): 2:09am On Nov 19, 2009
[b]Every parent would do their best for their children but we are not talking about a 2yr old, 5yrs old, 10yrs old or 17yrs old here, are we?? We are talking about a women with a husband and 4 children of her own.  If daddy wanted to help, why had he waited this long before he could think of getting her over here?

Ahaaaaaaa! I know now! Since he had lived here for more than 30yrs and his daughter is in her mid 30's perhaps, he is one of those absent run away fathers that deserted the family and now, suddenly re-emerged in his children's lives after they'd all grown up, abi? Shame!

I reckon, he probably agreed to do this, due to guilty conscience - a way to make it up for his daughter, no bi so o o o? Naaaaaaaaaa! daddy, you can't make up all you lost for not being there in her childhood, ok!

And for some of you absent fathers on the run on here, learn your own lessons too.  If you don't change your ways, make regular contact with your children or go home to them in the nick of time, your guilts will catch you all up in 30yrs time, trust me!

And for daddy, as an Occupational Health Professional, your practice might be in trouble o o o?  The NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) will soon be moving in on you with regards to Professional Conduct - Fitness to Practice.

Sure, them go argue it out with your Trade Union lawyers and I hope, your Trade Union membership is current else, be ready to pay through the nose o o o! This one no be chicken case o o o! Trouble dey come left and right for this guy o o! Na wao o o! See me see ambition o o o!
[/b]
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 19, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Every parent would do their best for their children but we are not talking about a 2yr old, 5yrs old, 10yrs old or 17yrs old here, are we?? We are talking about a women with a husband and 4 children of her own.  If daddy wanted to help, why had he waited this long before he could think of getting her over here?

Ahaaaaaaa! I know now! Since he had lived here for more than 30yrs and his daughter is in her mid 30's perhaps, he is one of those absent run away fathers that deserted the family and now, suddenly re-emerged in his children's lives after they'd all grown up, abi? Shame!

I reckon, he probably agreed to do this, due to guilty conscience - a way to make it up for his daughter, no bi so o o o? Naaaaaaaaaa! daddy, you can't make up all you lost for not being there in her childhood, ok!

And for some of you absent fathers on the run on here, learn your own lessons too.  If you don't change your ways, make regular contact with your children or go home to them in the nick of time, your guilts will catch you all up in 30yrs time, trust me!

And for daddy, as an Occupational Health Professional, your practice might be in trouble o o o?  The NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) will soon be moving in on you with regards to Professional Conduct - Fitness to Practice.

Sure, them go argue it out with your Trade Union lawyers and I hope, your Trade Union membership is current else, be ready to pay through the nose o o o! This one no be chicken case o o o! Trouble dey come left and right for this guy o o! Na wao o o! See me see ambition o o o!
[/b]

hmmm, true
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by surveyProf(m): 5:44am On Nov 19, 2009
This is a shame to d nation.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by galatico(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2009
Nigerians would do anything to get out of this country!!!
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by JJM(f): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2009
Nigasingh sums up my thought on this issue. We are commenting on the premise that the story is true abi?

The father did what he did for the love of his daughther. This is not new news. at least he appears to only do it for status not that he was sleeping with her.(what is really disgusting is the Asians who are allowed to marry their cousins and Europeans who sleep with their mother, father, daughther son etc). This is different.

As per the negative implication for Nigerians, PLEASE majority of the Nigerians in this country came here initially with at least a little "hidden motive" even if they did it legally. Students coming here and conviniently meet "the love of their life" marrying and remaining here since then or doing different courses every year to continue to remain here; HSMP/TIER 1 applicants too; visitors, get the visa(albeit legally) with the hidden intention to come and "taku" here. So everyone has done a "white lie" at some point with regards status in this country, some serious and others not so serious. So lets get off our moral high horse and stop crucifying the man, whatever the real case may be.

I am in no way supporting criminal behaviour or deception but we need to check ourselves first. As far as Immigration is concerned, anything goes for us Nigerians(mind you the Pakistanis, Chinese etc all have their own, perhaps even more). So this story is not a novel one and not specific to Nigeria only.

As for the whisltle blower, clap for yourself, you have outdone yourself and wish you all the best in life.
Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2009
Why do folk feel the man has done no wrong, just because others in other countries have done the same? Forget about Asians marrying their first cousins, etc, that's not something I agree with, but it's done in the open, not "underground." And that's a seperate issue. Would you become a murderer, rapist etc "for the love" of your child? God, whatever happened to doing things "the right way"? Why can't we as Nigerians, admit for once, this was a big screw-up? Here, the actions of this guy are being defended.

There are no half measures - sure, the guy didn't sleep with his daughter, but in the same vein, 20 years ago, a guy marrying his daughter to get her citizenship, would have been virtually unheard of. Consumnation will be the next stage, then folk will still say, "he did it for the love of his daughter." Untill we as Nigerians admit our errors, and learn from them, we as a nation are never going to move forward, there'll always be someone we blame when our disgusting plans come apart at the seams, in this case, the whistleblower's the bad guy.

What the guy did was wrong, and I honestly can't see why those that don't agree with what he did, are seen as being arrogant, and taking the moral high ground. The guys actions were as revolting as they were disgraceful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! by Tcrack(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2009
most of us are just hypocrites. agreed, this is a very morally wrong thing to do but sometimes, we just have to do what we have to do.you shouldn't judge people until you find yourself in their position and i know some of you condemning the guy have done worse things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet / Travelling To India / Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.