Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate (16313 Views)

Xenophobia: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Protested, Carried Placard In 2014 (Throwback) / Sheikh Adio Confronts Oluwo Of Iwo Akanbi: You Wanted To Have Sex With My Wife / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by mu2sa2: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
It is not for the oba to choose whether to obey a warrant of arrest or not. A warrant of arrest is directed to the police by a court to arrest a person. But in this case the police have tactically avoided being sucked in by what is essentially a dispute between two obas. Both obas appear to be irresponsible though.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
Pepper soup and palm wine dey hungry me o,merry Christmas nairalanders
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by otunbakplu(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
call him a yahoo-
guy for all i care..digging up his past,he went to
jail and so?(obj &mandela)also went to jail and became president of a gr8 country....#yoruba_ronu_o always given room for others to look down on us.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by seguno2: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
otunbakplu:
pls dont misquote me o....what would you gain by sowing his name in mud,he is young,got swagg,put on blings....wait did you think he can be impeached? I dont know why we yorubas dont really co-operate...thats a disgrace to his thron and to iwo has a town....i have heard so many stories about him,that i enjoy.that guy got potentials..call him a yahoo-guy for all i care..digging up his past,he went to jail and so?(obj &mandela also went to jail)

Obasanjo and Mandela went to jail for yahoo yahoo?
How did I misquote you, sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by emmasege: 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
I just don't understand why this Oba likes cheap popularity. Well, it's expected the youth thing still dey disturb him and his type. Isn't this why our traditional stools were exclusively reserved for elders or youths with elder's heart in the past?

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by BornStunner1: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
ettybaba:

You made me remember the Edo lady coming to give me BJ. make am call her now.

You remind me of the yoruba girl with six tribal marks coming to lick my arse hole tonite...

Make i call her now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by effty(m): 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
orisa37:
Handsome Oba.The Magistrate is an abuser of Tradition and Culture. He should be arrested by Traditional means and "IFA".
Yahoo-yahoo oba. Wait until he is brought in handcuffs to the court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
who made this one an oba

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by lukency(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
Oba 2pack.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by otunbakplu(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
seguno2:

Obasanjo and Mandela went to jail for yahoo yahoo?
How did I misquote you, sir?
i wonder if you did comprehension&verbal reasoning in your pry&jss...no offends,sir.if you did you'll already know what am driving at sir.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Olu317(m): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
I find many of the unwarranted nose poking into a sacred matter such as the tussle between the purported two individuals of the same lineage. Having opined this, position of king in Yoruba land is beyond individual opinion. It is pertinent that those who live in a glass house don't throws stone. Omo dè o mo ogun o pe lèfo . Those who knew the story of Mobolaji Bank Anthony will understand.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by sapele914(m): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
jumpandpas:
Only in Nigeria
How do you know have you lived anwhere else?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by sapele914(m): 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
effty:
He has immunity under the customary law that is why he said a magistrate court does not have jurisdiction in this case and only a high court can summon him on that yahoo issue, knowing Nigeria fully well,which the High court would still dismiss the case against him in public interest. No big deal it's a new generation the oni of ife to was once a job man.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Joker.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by guiddoti: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
Oba dey get goatty ni? Na wa ooooo
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by OBAGADAFFI: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
otunbakplu:
call him a yahoo-
guy for all i care..digging up his past,he went to
jail and so?(obj &mandela)also went to jail and became president of a gr8 country....#yoruba_ronu_o always given room for others to look down on us.

So going to jail for fraud should be celebrated.

Fortunately for him, his is not an Oba from Ondo.

Ondo people would have shown him the way out of the Place.

He should ask how Abacha removed a powerful Northern Emir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by neocortex: 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
This dummy Oba who hates "tradition" so much is now threatening
to use the same "tradition" to arrest a magistrate. I won't be surprised
if he is a crack head.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by ofwest47(m): 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
The so called Oluwo _ Oke should be arrested traditionally to face IFA oracle for dragging Yoruba tradition into disrepute. and if found guilty be made to face the wrought of IFA oracle
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by DrogoG(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
Only in Nigeria would a bleaching "traditional ruler" threaten to "arrest" a Court magistrate for ordering his arrest!
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by shegra58: 1:06am On Dec 25, 2016
ettybaba:

You made me remember the Edo lady coming to give me BJ. make am call her now.
at least BJ is better than no job grin
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by effty(m): 3:46am On Dec 25, 2016
sapele914:
He has immunity under the customary law that is why he said a magistrate court does not have jurisdiction in this case and only a high court can summon him on that yahoo issue, knowing Nigeria fully well,which the High court would still dismiss the case against him in public interest. No big deal it's a new generation the oni of ife to was once a job man.
Rightly said bro. The Ooni was once a job man. Hahaha
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 25, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
What effrontery
who are you vexing for? D oba or the police
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 25, 2016
YoursGEJ:
The Oba should go and answer his case in court. See him eye like person wey smoke sapele igbo
sorry hater spotted, your papa no fine reach him pimples for face

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by jumpandpas(m): 5:29am On Dec 25, 2016
sapele914:
How do you know have you lived anwhere else?

Where do you think I am?.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by louqas: 5:30am On Dec 25, 2016
GunsAndRoses:
An Oba threatening to arrest a Chief magistrate instead of seeking legal redress.

This is the legacy Buhari has set; the desecration of the Judiciary will be his biggest legacy in the footprint of our history.

Soon, the police will start intimidating Judges and Chief magistrate whose judgement they find unacceptable.

What's your point exactly?
that judges are Gods because they are judges and are above the law?
We have thousands of upright incorruptible judges and the arrest of a few thieving judges has not done any damage to the judiciary. The judiciary should purge itself of corrupt elements. Its funny how guys like you shout independence of judiciary ..... no judiciary is fully independent anywhere in the world....if it were to be so then who will act as checks and balance on the judiciary?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by basybasy: 7:06am On Dec 25, 2016
seguno2:
This yahoo yahoo boy should stop desecrating the royal throne of his forefathers.
ure mad and stupid for calling him a yahoo boy. Ur father and great grand father with ur entire family are yahoo people. Oloriburu omo.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by GunsAndRoses: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2016
louqas:

What's your point exactly?
that judges are Gods because they are judges and are above the law?
We have thousands of upright incorruptible judges and the arrest of a few thieving judges has not done any damage to the judiciary. The judiciary should purge itself of corrupt elements. Its funny how guys like you shout independence of judiciary ..... no judiciary is fully independent anywhere in the world....if it were to be so then who will act as checks and balance on the judiciary?

You just made zero sense on a Christmas morning. Let's look at the case in detail.

An Oba is mandated to appear before a court of competent jurisdiction. He declines and threatens to arrest the Chief magistrate traditionally because he ordered his arrest after disobeying court order.

And that made sense to you ? Where in law does this country legally recognise the authority of a traditional ruler legally making arrest? Isn't this buffoonery at its full glory?

The Judiciary is a sensitive branch of government especially in Nigeria where the executive have a history of not only obeying court orders, but also failing to recognise the law which granted the Judiciary financial autonomy, going cap in hand for funds. That's the 3rd arm of government, kneeling before the executive for funds and expenditure.

Buhari took that executive disobedience and impunity to a new heights when he set the DSS to raid judges' homes in a kangaroo style.

The NJC is the only body recognise by law to deal with judges at official capacity. Do not you and Buhari know this?

Raiding the homes of a few judges in pretence of fighting corruption without due process is maiming democracy. It's like curring a boil in the head by hitting it with a sledgehammer!

The precedent has just begun.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by guiddoti: 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
effty:
when police presumably denied being given letter of arrest.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by louqas: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
GunsAndRoses:

You just made zero sense on a Christmas morning. Let's look at the case in detail.

An Oba is mandated to appear before a court of competent jurisdiction. He declines and threatens to arrest the Chief magistrate traditionally because he ordered his arrest after disobeying court order.

And that made sense to you ? Where in law does this country legally recognise the authority of a traditional ruler legally making arrest? Isn't this buffoonery at its full glory?

The Judiciary is a sensitive branch of government especially in Nigeria where the executive have a history of not only obeying court orders, but also failing to recognise the law which granted the Judiciary financial autonomy, going cap in hand for funds. That's the 3rd arm of government, kneeling before the executive for funds and expenditure.

Buhari took that executive disobedience and impunity to a new heights when he set the DSS to raid judges' homes in a kangaroo style.

The NJC is the only body recognise by law to deal with judges at official capacity. Do not you and Buhari know this?

Raiding the homes of a few judges in pretence of fighting corruption without due process is maiming democracy. It's like curring a boil in the head by hitting it with a sledgehammer!

The precedent has just begun.

This is incoherent and a mumble jumble of unrelated issues.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by UltraLeslie: 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
louqas:

Indeed!!! You just implicitly admitted you know absolutely nothing about the judiciary or its function.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by GunsAndRoses: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
louqas:

Did it stretch your mental elasticity beyond its breaking point?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? / How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? / Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.