Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) (4956 Views)

Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 / Nigerians Queue For Fuel With Their Generator Sets In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by boss1310(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2016
Justdulla:

People queued up for cheap rice.. stop writing thrash all in the name of seeking weak sympathetic comments.. Why didnt you put the ATM queue as well and blame Buhari... Sadist
hey I get it that even dictators like idi amin,Hitler,Hussein, abacha and Mugabe have supporters especially from their tribe,party or like minds.
if you have been on Nairaland political section you won't be seeing me but I gotta ask,are you a true born Nigerian to type this rubbish or is it that you have a contract and gaining under the present government. what the hell is wrong with you people that you close your eyes to evil yet want Nigeria to be like the united states.
Carry card and go to streets to support this government(that's if family men don't kill you) but stop fighting those who are saying the obvious.you are lucky am in motion and network won't allow me type all I want to tell you

5 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by lereinter(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2016
freeze001:
And the silly, sissy brat of a president was thankful that Nigerians had found cheap rice to buy at how much and in this kind of inhumane condition? Yet some useless CSOs saw fit to score him high in performance.

i know you are member of biafrog but let me just explain something to u

a would be great country should not be importing a staple food like rice

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2016
idupaul:

Why did you have to go through his post? You just exposed yourself as a data centre e rat that is being paid pittance to support a failed govt
first class e rat,, lol... no its second class upper.
meanwhile, I understand your kinda sadism, you are among those kinda Nigerians that resonate negative energy. You think its everyone that is paid to state the obvious, i pity yah.. Even if i were i were to see Buhari one on one today, i will tell him Nigerians are suffering, but that doesn't mean i should hate him.. No one comments on the strides he has made regarding rice that we now harvest, npower, fight against corruption, the treasury single account, ongoing infrastructure development... et al.... We all wana have a good economy like america and china but everyone wants to enjoy like UK to get there, no one wants to pay the price. Its people like you that ruined Naija, people that think at first instance without considering implications... i would have very much loved to insult u but alas it Xmas...

2 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by idupaul: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2016
Justdulla:

meanwhile, I understand your kinda sadism, you are among those kinda Nigerians that resonate negative energy. You think its everyone that is paid to state the obvious, i pity yah.. Even if i were i were to see Buhari one on one today, i will tell him Nigerians are suffering, but that doesn't mean i should hate him.. No one comments on the strides he has made regarding rice that we now harvest, npower, fight against corruption, the treasury single account, ongoing infrastructure development... et al.... We all wana have a good economy like america and china but everyone wants to enjoy like UK to get there, no one wants to pay the price. Its people like you that ruined Naija, people that think at first instance without considering implications... i would have very much loved to insult u but alas it Xmas...

Its Xmas but I would still spit on your grave ..don't even Bleep with me or you will meet a miserable end soon ..please try me and you will know this world is not ordinary ..please insult me..I curse every data centre rat

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 25, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
OP,

IT'S CERTAIN YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST

YOU ARE NOT HAPPY THAT RICE IS NOW PLENTIFUL & AFFORDABLE

SHAME ON YOU GUYS

MOST OF YOU WILL NEVER EVER KNOW PEACE

USELESS HATERS
Which affordable? Don't say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by freeze001(f): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2016
lereinter:

i know you are member of biafrog but let me just explain something to u

a would be great country should not be importing a staple food like rice

So in order not to import, u subject d people to inhumane conditions of queuing up for common food! Is that how to stop importation and diversify d economy? I rebuke zombie disease on ur behalf this Christmas day in Jesus Name!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Omeokachie: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2016
This is what happens when you dont know your history...

Tomorrow someone in Bordillion might say IBB is the next messiah and our gullible youth will vote him in with no questions asked.

2 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by frank4t(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2016
those who forget history are bound to repeat it.
No Christmas in southern kaduna. el rufai, there is God oh

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by DelGardo: 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
freeze001:

So in order not to import, u subject d people to inhumane conditions of queuing up for common food! Is that how to stop importation and diversify d economy? I rebuke zombie disease on ur behalf this Christmas day in Jesus Name!

Shows how local you are. Google Black Friday sales to see people in civilized countries who start queueing up from midnight to buy marked-down products.

Even if rice sells for 1k and you reduce the price to N500 you will see a rush.

I hope you heard that Boko Haram are defeated in Sambisa, where your ineffectual hero and bastard Okukpe told us they could not enter. That is how all the things considered impossible 2 years ago, like ordinary road maintenance, will be demystified by Buhari.

No more free money. We are on a progressive march. May you always wail. Amen

2 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by edoyad(m): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
DelGardo:

Shows how local you are. Google Black Friday sales to see people in civilized countries who start queueing up from midnight to buy marked-down products.

I hope you heard that Boko Haram are defeated in Sambisa, where your ineffectual hero and bastard Okukpe told us they could not enter. That is how all the things considered impossible 2 years ago, like ordinary road maintenance, will be demystified by Buhari.

grin grin

What is wrong with you, you wan kill an ?

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by freeze001(f): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
DelGardo:

The point is that d cost of rice has already hit a price far higher than it should ever be! This reduction is not a function of tradition or goodwill as is the case on black Friday sales. It is a government controlled programme and not obtainable in the free market! The so called reduction does not mirror the reality of the free market and still keeps d product far more expensive than ever!

This is merely a political attempt to cash in on the season so it is not real! Black Friday reduction of prices is not regulated by any law or government directive. Go and get an education and stop baseless comparisons.

I do not blame sycophants like u that see negative and call it positive just cos it's ur person perpetrating evil. Free money? Who among those who have always met their needs have had access to any so called free money? Is it unnecessary hardship that is progressive or is it jobs and businesses lost that were d 'free money'? Do u not understand the dire implications of governments regulating and enforcing the price of staple commodities?
Zombie wake up else the deceit which u propagate today will swallow u up whole!

2 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
idupaul:

Its Xmas but I would still spit on your grave ..don't even Bleep with me or you will meet a miserable end soon ..please try me and you will know this world is not ordinary ..please insult me..I curse every data centre rat
Your have started displaying the obvious.. i guess u remember how Kanye west hit rock bottom last month. It started with ranting and saying things that only he understood. Meanwhile stop threatening people, when you aint a bad guy.

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by edoyad(m): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
freeze001:

The point is that d cost of rice has already hit a price far higher than it should ever be! This reduction is not a function of tradition or goodwill as is the case on black Friday sales. It is a government controlled programme and not obtainable in the free market! The so called reduction dies not mirror the reality of the free market and still keeps d product far more expensive than ever!

This is merely a political attempt cashing in on the season so it is not real! Black Friday reduction of prices is not regulated by any law or government directive. Go and get an education and stop baseless comparisons.

Sisi Econs, nice write up. But let's remember Nigeria is not a totally capitalist society . Price of fuel and many more commodities are influenced by the govt.
Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by freeze001(f): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
edoyad:

Sisi Econs, nice write up. But let's remember Nigeria is not a totally capitalist society . Price of fuel and many more commodities are influenced by the govt.

Even those need to be completely deregulated with time but regulation of staple like rice and food commodities is a no no. It never bodes well. Government has not been involved in food pricing but it's happening now because of bad economic policies and management.

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by rusher14: 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
idupaul:

Sharrap there with your curse.
Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by irsakant: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
tafrica:

Sadly, OP is living in the past when he/she could get a bag of rice for 8k without queuing like this; and this was just less than 2 years ago.
If this is what CHANGE is all about, this is a sour and pathetic one, there is nothing to be proud of here. We can only pray this Govt wakes up to the reality and works for our good.
Imagine Buhari saying he was happy Nigerians get 'Cheap rice' in recession. Which is cheaper, N8k before CHANGE or N12-N17k after CHANGE?
The man is sick!

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by APCmyheart(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
PresidentAtiku:
Zombies will avoid this important thread. They have difficulty believing that Buhari is a burden on us all

Wailer will be so happy about this news, But they forget we are in festive period and such thing do happen most of the time... Go to mile 12, Alaba, Oyingbo, Idumota etc and see how many are there and is more or less like a queue...

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by APCmyheart(m): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
freeze001:
And the silly, sissy brat of a president was thankful that Nigerians had found cheap rice to buy at how much and in this kind of inhumane condition? Yet some useless CSOs saw fit to score him high in performance.

How do you expect it to be? There are designated area to get them and we know how Nigerians are they will rush instead of keep orderliness..

Well maybe you want it to be in markets so your brothers can have access to it and use it to enriched their pocket..

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by chernest2002: 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Am not surprise.
Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Ejanla07: 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Justdulla:

Am so sorry
i have gone through you previous topics and i have realized one thing. U suck big time. Your busy criticizing everything about the government. when last have you criticized yourself?? what have you done for your nation lately?? Buhari banned importation of rice so we can produce ours, you still complain cos am sure you are one of those bloody self centered people that dont want change. You want Nigeria to be better but you dont wana make any sacrifice, its like a student aiming for a First class degree, but he doesn't read or learn anything.. Like i keep saying if you aint bringing anything to the table pertaining to the development of Naija and all you do is rant on Nairaland, quit talking, shut tha fvck up.

Shame on you. .

2 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Ejanla07: 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
Justdulla:

The guy i quoted used to be neck deep in the zombie shii more than you until recession reset his brain. . We look forward to seeing your brain reset sooner or later

2 Likes

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2016
APCmyheart:

Wailer will be so happy about this news, But they forget we are in festive period and such thing do happen most of the time... Go to mile 12, Alaba, Oyingbo, Idumota etc and see how many are there and is more or less like a queue...
lol. The 2 queues types are different. How I wish your Zombie brain will give you some few seconds to reason properly

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by Splashme: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2016
freeze001:
Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by APCmyheart(m): 9:13am On Dec 26, 2016
PresidentAtiku:
lol. The 2 queues types are different. How I wish your Zombie brain will give you some few seconds to reason properly

And can you tell me what makes it different? If you guys are not dead brain how do you expect it to go? Na only that place them dey sell rice? Ibo boys no dey sell rice again must everyone go and queue there?

Go to abbatoir and see how people queue to buy meat, Go to where they sell chicken and see how they queue to buy chicken.. Use your brain abeg..

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by lereinter(m): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2016
freeze001:

i rebuke Biafra and pdp disease on you in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: And Like In 1984, Nigerians Queue Again To Buy Essential Food Commodity(pics) by pezest: 7:41am On Dec 27, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
OP,

IT'S CERTAIN YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST

YOU ARE NOT HAPPY THAT RICE IS NOW PLENTIFUL & AFFORDABLE

SHAME ON YOU GUYS

MOST OF YOU WILL NEVER EVER KNOW PEACE

USELESS HATERS

rice is plenty and ppl still queue for it. u nothing but a disgusting pile of puke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / This Is Becoming Ridiculous / Jonathan's Visit To Kano, 2015 Vs 2017 - PHOTOS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.