Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy (40053 Views)

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by pressplay411(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2016
1wolex85:

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.

You're still not getting the point. No one is against cashless policy but we still need access to some cash.
Na POS I go take pay for nkwobi and trophy for me and my guys dem?
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by nefertitiram: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2016
mbhs139:

Bought a bicycle for my son at Westminster, did a transfer, using *894*amount*account_number#
Transferred money to my mummy, ditto
Transferred money to my late uncle's wife, ditto
And so on...

Who said life isn't easy? Is it Westminster in Apapa side? Chai, I need visit that zone o! I miss Lagos!
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 7:43am On Dec 26, 2016
franugo:

how does this charge work exactly? Is it per day or per transaction? Cause if it's per transaction, then it's cheating someone who wants to buy stuffs from different places.

To encourage people to use POS for payments, you are not charged anything when you use the device for payments but for online transactions, you may be charged depending on the transaction.

Now as a shop owner, most banks give out the POS free and charge you 1 or 2 percent (not sure but it's pretty low) of every transaction made.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by pokipoki: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2016
Knowledge9000:

SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED THEIR CASH.
Yes, I agree with you. But we all know that in Nigeria there is always a massive rush during festive periods. The people would have just anticipated and collected cash a week before Christmas. That is if they were paid at that time. grin grin grin. Merry Christmas!!!!
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by biznus: 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
We shall pass. Check my signature
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
pokipoki:

Yes, I agree with you. But we all know that in Nigeria there is always a massive rush during festive periods. The people would have just anticipated and collected cash a week before Christmas. That is if they were paid at that time. grin grin grin. Merry Christmas!!!!

The people I met there said they had tried to get their money days before in advance at the branch but lines were also long, and in two instances, the bank ran out of cash. I didn't just out of epiphany choose to open this thread. I was livid because I myself was there, I saw families with kids, toddlers leaving with no money to celebrate Christmas. What was more painful is THIS IS THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY! If it were pension, stipends or even salaries, I could understand and give them benefit of the doubt.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mekwen:
He politely ask you to calm down, why being insultive ?

I insulted him because I was livid. I saw families leaving with children without money for the holidays. These are families that had been at the same bank branches days in advance to get some funds and were told that the bank was out of cash. The fellow I insulted obviously doesn't know the difference between cash withdrawal and payment transfers. Some people just want their money in cash for many reasons including myself!
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
The money in the bank belongs to the bank.

The payment slip is an I.O.U which a depositor hopes the bank will honour.

If depositors show up to withdraw money but the gate is locked and manned by fierce-looking MOPOL and military men, it means that the bank has pulled MMM on depositors. That is to say, bye to your money. Looking at the chaos, do you think NDIC will step up when it happens? Dream on!

\

Lol
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
Knowledge9000:

I insulted him because I was livid. I saw families leaving with children without money for the holidays. These are families that had been at the same bank branches days in advance to get some funds and were told that the bank was out of cash. The fellow I insulted obviously doesn't know the difference between cash withdrawal and payment transfers. Some people just want their money in cash for many reasons including myself!
The insult does not teach him the acclaimed difference.No body will ever go to school if that's how learners are corrected.In fact, it means the teacher too needs to learn about life .
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mekwen:
The insult does not teach him the acclaimed difference.No body will ever go to school if that's how learners are corrected.In fact, it means the teacher too needs to learn about life .

I didn't realize I was responding to another Afonja with zero sympathy like the stup$id fellow I replied. You Afonjas are responsible for every problem in this country. If I have to teach something that is commonplace and felt by millions of people then, you are heartless.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
Knowledge9000:

I didn't realize I was responding to another Afonja with zero sympathy like the stup$id fellow I replied. You Afonjas are responsible for every problem in this country. If I have to teach something that is commonplace and felt by millions of people then, you are heartless.
Why don't you start by going to learn manners first, this way you look responsible & more people will listen to you.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mekwen:
Why don't you start by going to learn manners first, this way you look responsible & more people will listen to you.

Why don't you leave this guy alone? He is naturally abusive and won't listen.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Amhappy(f): 3:05am On Dec 27, 2016
The earlier we look for a solution the better. I know deep down inside of me that there's problem with Nigeria banks. Since the introduction of this TSA, banks are failing day by day. With the bad loans and all that join. The denial will continue until boom.

I do online transactions but still I need little cash for open market transactions,transport fare etc. And I believe most people on ATM queues the last few days were there for little cash. The number of people that withdraw 20k and below is usually more. It's safe to assume as most people transact just once and pull out their card. Most of us are too rich now to buy food stuffs and provisions from Shoprite etc with our unpaid salaries and 18k wage when there are cheaper alternatives in the open market. Things are more expensive in those places. Also if you believe in buying naija to promote the Naira then you will buy local fowl instead of frozen chicken from Argentina. If we all buy Shoprite that returns money to South Africa our market men and women will starve. And we all know most of them have no bank account talk less of POS. If I want to transfer to those who have bank accounts at least,I will bear the cost 105naira per transfer to 15-20 sellers for inter transfer and 20naira for intra bank. If you have been to food market on 24th Dec you can attest to the rush. I tell you that if you intend to go the cashless way most sellers will snub you. Some may even term you a thief before you finish your account number grammar. So at the end people still needs cash from Atm and Banks are not providing enough.

So whether we accept it or not what the OP said is true and there's panic already. In PH here the queue have been there since early Nov. I thought it was MMM but now I know something else is up.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by HalimaX(f): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
mbhs139:

Some comemtators on this forum can be so annoying. I spent over forty thousand naira yesterday, using my five thousand naira techno phone to do transfer to MARKET WOMEN AT WESTMINSTER ,in Apapa, this are market women o!, Not a shopping mall! Yet someone is crying that Govt is preventing people from spending their money. You get time to be gratfyin them with a response

Abeg which phone is that.

5000 and can do transfer?
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by mbhs139(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
HalimaX:

Abeg which phone is that.

5000 and can do transfer?

TECNO. I wish I could snap it for you to see. All I need is network on the phone, then I will dial *894*amount*AcctNum#,
then, bank option will appear- choose the receiving bank
then the person's name will come;
enter your 5 digits pin- pronto- you're done
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by HalimaX(f): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
mbhs139:

TECNO. I wish I could snap it for you to see. All I need is network on the phone, then I will dial *894*amount*AcctNum#,
then, bank option will appear- choose the receiving bank
then the person's name will come;
enter your 5 digits pin- pronto- you're done

ohhhh...
using access code?

I thought u were using mobile app.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by mbhs139(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
HalimaX:

ohhhh...
using access code?

I thought u were using mobile app.

mobile app is problematic because of network issue, I have the mobile app, but it is problematic. but with USSD, you have less worries
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by HalimaX(f): 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
mbhs139:

mobile app is problematic because of network issue, I have the mobile app, but it is problematic. but with USSD, you have less worries

thanks. i appreciate the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by pokipoki: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
Knowledge9000:

The people I met there said they had tried to get their money days before in advance at the branch but lines were also long, and in two instances, the bank ran out of cash. I didn't just out of epiphany choose to open this thread. I was livid because I myself was there, I saw families with kids, toddlers leaving with no money to celebrate Christmas. What was more painful is THIS IS THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY! If it were pension, stipends or even salaries, I could understand and give them benefit of the doubt.
No doubt, knowing the way Nigeria operates, am sure they were paid at the last minute

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / Herbert Wigwe's Cryptic Post Hints At ‘End Of Life’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.