Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful (42509 Views)

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by dickhead01(m): 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
Did not bother reading all u wrote but I hope is not MMM because it will soon come back
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Buharimustgo: 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
May be you are not meant to work for somebody,people are supposed to work for you, ask God in your prayers for his wish for you

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
If you have admin skills, you can freelance on Upwork.com

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Aywire(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
U re unaware of the new trend in Naija, when market men and women encroach your land and refuse to leave - put fire, when you are in a lot of debt, nd u need the insurance claim to offset some - put fire, when your boss do you like this and sack you at the end - put fire.... Loool
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Goldenheart(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Aywire(m): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Put Fire....
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by encryptjay(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hello Sir,
It's devasting but don't be deterred from moving forward. With your experience, you'll get a better place; somewhere you'll be appreciated and not tensed up by any boss.
Stay positive!
God bless.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Redman44(m): 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
@poster, you have all what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur. If you can do all those things you have mentioned, you can start your own company and do well in life. Dont be afraid of starting a small business even if you get another job. stay blessed.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by deolu2000(m): 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
dickhead01:
Did not bother reading all u wrote but I hope is not MMM because it will soon come back
pele ti e ooo. Guess everything in your brain now is MMM. Sorry for ur loss

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by oruma19: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
donshady:
God is at work.
yeah, Jah is saving u from problems and preparing u for the fortune that's about to hit u real hard, u will be dumbfounded at what Jah will do.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by InvertedHammer: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. According the book of Eccl chap. 3 where it says everything happens for a reason I was just unhappy when at my workplace my superior almost frustrated the life out of me. I don't know why she was like that though I was new at that time. It was an admin role and I was employed by her to work as her PA/Admin Assistant to the company. I had my office to myself and I gave my ALL to both the company and to her but the issues were there evidently submerging with the flow of duties at the office. I guess her personal, family issues were affecting her job but alas!, I was wrong!

It was later in the course of my probatory period I learnt a friend of the company has been pressuring her/the management to pull me off the job and allow his daughter take up my role at the office due to their long working relationship. I was hinted of this 'secret' by one of the top management staff and it broke my heart. The zeal I put in into the job somehow disappeared because I was seeing the signs. My boss was just complaining of EVERYTHING I do and always reminded me of the probatory job agreement I signed before taking up the job thereby filling my heart with fear and anxiety. I kept on praying.

Fast-forward to Dec. 11th I came to the office as usual prepared for the working day ahead only for my bosslady barged into my office and asked that I see her in her office. I thought it was the normal day work rountine of telling me what I will be doing for her only for her to tell me to hand over EVERYTHING in my possession, everything which belong to the company. I was dumbfounded at first but somehow I try to mutter a word or two which was incoherent to decipher. My heart was beating fast. I didnt say anything thereafter because pleading to her for what I didnt know about will fall on deaf ears.

I went back to my office and tidied up everything, called the office assistant/cleaner and handed everything to him and took my leave. I was crying inside of me, alot was going through my mind. It was as if my world came crashing. How do I explain to my folks what happenned and I hate playing the pity-party.

I came back the next day and handed over my resignation letter thanking them for the time spent and all. Right now, my hopes are hinged on God for another opportunity, just been praying I get a new job the soonest as a vindication for my undeserved ouster from my former place of work.

My experience spans over 7years working as an admin personnel and I won't mind learning on a new role as I am a fast learner and can multi-task and work with or without supervision. The details of my cognate experience(s) are contained in my CV attached therein with this post.

Thanks again.

MY ADVICE to all employees:

Rule 1: Don't get very comfortable in any job. You are just a number and very expendable. If you die, the company will continue to exist.

Rule 2: Treat every paycheck as the last one. It will help you plan better ahead. People who just lost their jobs do not go the clubs to make it rain. They conserve. So should you.

Rule 3: Loop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by oshorstan(f): 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Never lost hope in God and yourself... ALL things work for your good..Seriously this is for ur good, Give God thanks in all things..Thank u Jesus
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Joysmith2: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
Take heart bro,,sometimes every disappointment is an opportunity for a better appointment..
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by abbey621(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
I keep telling anyone that cares to listen, the cure for unemployment is not creating more jobs but creating and enforcing employment laws. Only in Nigeria would a colleague be asked to wash the manager's car or sleep around with big men to make quota. Employment laws are crucial to protecting the rights many Nigerians don't even know they have, in this situation an employment contract should have been signed protecting the company and the employee,if such a contract is violated there could be huge consequences, there should have been a verbal and written warning before termination and the HR should be the one to act not the immediate manager but because many employers know Nigeria is a lawless and useless entity, they do whatever!

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by wxyz1: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
I cannot judge by hearing from you alone, I wish I can hear from your so called bosslady. people are funned of playing victim whereas the reality is far from what they have painted.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. According the book of Eccl chap. 3 where it says everything happens for a reason I was just unhappy when at my workplace my superior almost frustrated the life out of me. I don't know why she was like that though I was new at that time. It was an admin role and I was employed by her to work as her PA/Admin Assistant to the company. I had my office to myself and I gave my ALL to both the company and to her but the issues were there evidently submerging with the flow of duties at the office. I guess her personal, family issues were affecting her job but alas!, I was wrong!

It was later in the course of my probatory period I learnt a friend of the company has been pressuring her/the management to pull me off the job and allow his daughter take up my role at the office due to their long working relationship. I was hinted of this 'secret' by one of the top management staff and it broke my heart. The zeal I put in into the job somehow disappeared because I was seeing the signs. My boss was just complaining of EVERYTHING I do and always reminded me of the probatory job agreement I signed before taking up the job thereby filling my heart with fear and anxiety. I kept on praying.

Fast-forward to Dec. 11th I came to the office as usual prepared for the working day ahead only for my bosslady barged into my office and asked that I see her in her office. I thought it was the normal day work rountine of telling me what I will be doing for her only for her to tell me to hand over EVERYTHING in my possession, everything which belong to the company. I was dumbfounded at first but somehow I try to mutter a word or two which was incoherent to decipher. My heart was beating fast. I didnt say anything thereafter because pleading to her for what I didnt know about will fall on deaf ears.

I went back to my office and tidied up everything, called the office assistant/cleaner and handed everything to him and took my leave. I was crying inside of me, alot was going through my mind. It was as if my world came crashing. How do I explain to my folks what happenned and I hate playing the pity-party.

I came back the next day and handed over my resignation letter thanking them for the time spent and all. Right now, my hopes are hinged on God for another opportunity, just been praying I get a new job the soonest as a vindication for my undeserved ouster from my former place of work.

My experience spans over 7years working as an admin personnel and I won't mind learning on a new role as I am a fast learner and can multi-task and work with or without supervision. The details of my cognate experience(s) are contained in my CV attached therein with this post.

Thanks again.
why are you so sad my brother, don't you knkw that Jehovah your God is definitely not sleeping. He's only taking you out of Egypt to a better land flowing with milk and honey. Like the prophet of old, Abraham have faith even though you do not know where you are going to but have faith and be strong, keep praying and be on the watch.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by trebron(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
It will bloom again bro....increasing is coming your way in jesus name,Amen.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by pocohantas(f): 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
maxwell767:
embarassed
too bad, when a woman is the boss sh!ts happens, take heart friend. Every disappointment is a blessing..

Believe me, that company is not where ur career dwells...

As for the so called sister of the friend... She may not offer that which u offered.

So friend, be grateful that u left something behind.

Cheer up. wink
Male bosses have never sacked anyone?
Use your head small. Has nothing to do with her sex, a lot to do with poor employer-employee relationship in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
pocohantas:

Male bosses have never sacked anyone?
Use your head small. Has nothing to do with her sex, a lot to do with poor employer-employee relationship in Nigeria.

Lol @ Pocahontas I knew someone would come with this perspective.. Lol
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by jericco1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
eezeribe:
As soon as I saw that the topic is related to job loss, I just knew I should say sorry.even though I didn't read it

lol
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Sultty(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Fast-forward to Dec. 11th I came to the office as usual prepared for the working day" do u work on Sunday's? As Dec. 11 is a Sunday or mebbe u r referring to another year

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by drexy02: 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

Did you even read the post or you just jumped into conclusion? undecided
You shouldn't comment if you have nothing reasonable to say, leave the space for those who do.
grin
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by maximunimpact(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
lereinter:

nothing in life is permanent even the life u ve is borrowed..

Borrowed from who? every time new trash shows up, thanks to all these yahoo boy pastors.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by ufuosman(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Everything happen for a reason, God will give you a better one.. Be strong bro!

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by pocohantas(f): 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
supersystemsng:

Lol @ Pocahontas I knew someone would come with this perspective.. Lol
It's the truth.
My boss is a man, you can't work with him beyond 1week if you're not very patient and calm.
Always looking for innocent intern applicants to sleep with, very wicked man.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by ufuosman(m): 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jsme:
Hope not MmM Sha, no wahala
Imagine, most you comment? if you read a post and you don't hv anything to say don't comment....

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by VEIL1234: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
God will definitely provide with not just another opportunity but a better one. Just trust in God absolutely. Congratulations in advance.
dilini:

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Ezionye(f): 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
InvertedHammer:

MY ADVICE to all employees:

Rule 1: Don't get very comfortable in any job. You are just a number and very expendable. If you die, the company will continue to exist.

Rule 2: Treat every paycheck as the last one. It will help you plan better ahead. People who just lost their jobs do not go the clubs to make it rain. They conserve. So should you.

Rule 3: Loop

I don't understand the third rule
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by BluePearls(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
I felt real saddened after reading this. My little prayer for you 'God will surprise you in 2017, and silence all your enemies in Jesus name..Amen'
Keep your head high bro, it is well with you.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by BumbleBee2ice(f): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Its well...
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by janvier27(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
maximunimpact:

Borrowed from who? every time new trash shows up, thanks to all these yahoo boy pastors.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omolanke Shelle: Stericycle Hoists Nigerian Flag To Honour Employee / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.