Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful (42486 Views)

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by dilini(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2016
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. According the book of Eccl chap. 3 where it says everything happens for a reason I was just unhappy when at my workplace my superior almost frustrated the life out of me. I don't know why she was like that though I was new at that time. It was an admin role and I was employed by her to work as her PA/Admin Assistant to the company. I had my office to myself and I gave my ALL to both the company and to her but the issues were there evidently submerging with the flow of duties at the office. I guess her personal, family issues were affecting her job but alas!, I was wrong!

It was later in the course of my probatory period I learnt a friend of the company has been pressuring her/the management to pull me off the job and allow his daughter take up my role at the office due to their long working relationship. I was hinted of this 'secret' by one of the top management staff and it broke my heart. The zeal I put in into the job somehow disappeared because I was seeing the signs. My boss was just complaining of EVERYTHING I do and always reminded me of the probatory job agreement I signed before taking up the job thereby filling my heart with fear and anxiety. I kept on praying.

Fast-forward to Dec. 11th I came to the office as usual prepared for the working day ahead only for my bosslady barged into my office and asked that I see her in her office. I thought it was the normal day work rountine of telling me what I will be doing for her only for her to tell me to hand over EVERYTHING in my possession, everything which belong to the company. I was dumbfounded at first but somehow I try to mutter a word or two which was incoherent to decipher. My heart was beating fast. I didnt say anything thereafter because pleading to her for what I didnt know about will fall on deaf ears.

I went back to my office and tidied up everything, called the office assistant/cleaner and handed everything to him and took my leave. I was crying inside of me, alot was going through my mind. It was as if my world came crashing. How do I explain to my folks what happenned and I hate playing the pity-party.

I came back the next day and handed over my resignation letter thanking them for the time spent and all. Right now, my hopes are hinged on God for another opportunity, just been praying I get a new job the soonest as a vindication for my undeserved ouster from my former place of work.

My experience spans over 7years working as an admin personnel and I won't mind learning on a new role as I am a fast learner and can multi-task and work with or without supervision. The details of my cognate experience(s) are contained in my CV attached therein with this post.

Thanks again.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by eezeribe(m): 9:28am On Dec 25, 2016
As soon as I saw that the topic is related to job loss, I just knew I should say sorry.even though I didn't read it

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by saxwizard(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2016
shit happens. .....hold your head high and forge ahead. ...cos life must and will continue

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by iamharkinwaley: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2016
heya sorry for that Op, God will do it again.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by spaggyy(m): 9:57am On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. According the book of Eccl chap. 3 where it says everything happens for a reason I was just unhappy when at my workplace my superior almost frustrated the life out of me. I don't know why she was like that though I was new at that time. It was an admin role and I was employed by her to work as her PA/Admin Assistant to the company. I had my office to myself and I gave my ALL to both the company and to her but the issues were there evidently submerging with the flow of duties at the office. I guess her personal, family issues were affecting her job but alas!, I was wrong!

It was later in the course of my probatory period I learnt a friend of the company has been pressuring her/the management to pull me off the job and allow his daughter take up my role at the office due to their long working relationship. I was hinted of this 'secret' by one of the top management staff and it broke my heart. The zeal I put in into the job somehow disappeared because I was seeing the signs. My boss was just complaining of EVERYTHING I do and always reminded me of the probatory job agreement I signed before taking up the job thereby filling my heart with fear and anxiety. I kept on praying.

Fast-forward to Dec. 11th I came to the office as usual prepared for the working day ahead only for my bosslady barged into my office and asked that I see her in her office. I thought it was the normal day work rountine of telling me what I will be doing for her only for her to tell me to hand over EVERYTHING in my possession, everything which belong to the company. I was dumbfounded at first but somehow I try to mutter a word or two which was incoherent to decipher. My heart was beating fast. I didnt say anything thereafter because pleading to her for what I didnt know about will fall on deaf ears.

I went back to my office and tidied up everything, called the office assistant/cleaner and handed everything to him and took my leave. I was crying inside of me, alot was going through my mind. It was as if my world came crashing. How do I explain to my folks what happenned and I hate playing the pity-party.

I came back the next day and handed over my resignation letter thanking them for the time spent and all. Right now, my hopes are hinged on God for another opportunity, just been praying I get a new job the soonest as a vindication for my undeserved ouster from my former place of work.

My experience spans over 7years working as an admin personnel and I won't mind learning on a new role as I am a fast learner and can multi-task and work with or without supervision. The details of my cognate experience(s) are contained in my CV attached therein with this post.

Thanks again.

I really feel your pain bro, its so sad when ones hoped is cut short

but in my own little way, I will love to be of help, click my signature what I have there would be of help

you should never lose hope on ur dreams

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by donshady(m): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2016
God is at work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Yinkey6(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:

Thanks again.
I'm short of words.
But I want you to know that God has plans for you.

8 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by lereinter(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2016
nothing in life is permanent even the life u ve is borrowed..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2016
Sorry. God de
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by maxwell767(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2016
embarassed
too bad, when a woman is the boss sh!ts happens, take heart friend. Every disappointment is a blessing..

Believe me, that company is not where ur career dwells...

As for the so called sister of the friend... She may not offer that which u offered.

So friend, be grateful that u left something behind.

Cheer up. wink

28 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by FrankLampard: 11:22am On Dec 25, 2016
You saw it coming, yet you didn't make plans for adjustment.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by SmellingAnus(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2016
Sorry for the lose bro...
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by realGURU(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2016
eyah
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Hassy4(f): 11:32am On Dec 25, 2016
The future holds something better for u. I hav my sad experience about job but I was seriously touched by urz. From your writeup, u are a very serious minded person dt will give in his best. So I am but life is far way too different from my childhood thoughts, I always do my very best but always, am d one feeling the pain. I bet u, God will answer our calls soon..

11 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Mmoloki(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is a difficult time for you, but life goes on, irrespective of what happens.

Do not have pity on yourself.
No blames no regrets.
The ability to manage our emotions, after hearing what was said about us, especially in a work place matters a lot.
Learn something from this.
Stay in touch with your former boss.

I don't like the word 'probation'.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by wunmi590(m): 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
I love the place where you quoted the bible, it is that same faith that would give you a better job.

Please never loose hope, the God of Pope Francis and My Mother Mary, will give you another job.

10 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
maxwell767:
embarassed
too bad, when a woman is the boss sh!ts happens, take heart friend. Every disappointment is a blessing..

As for the so called sister of the friend... She may not offer that which u offered.

Cheer up. wink

Not all women are bad bosses. You can only pray to have a nice boss.

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by yertyr(m): 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
wunmi590:
I love the place where you quoted the bible, it is that same faith that would give you a better job.

Please never loose hope, the God of Pope Francis and My Mother Mary, will give you another job.

Hmmm... this is new o
never seen a catholic say "the God of pope francis and mother mary"
Abeg... u no get God?...
To d topic, God will vindicate

9 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by lollmaolol(m): 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:

Thanks again.

Sure, God will make a way.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Aremu01(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
maxwell767:
embarassed

Cheer up. wink

Let them come after you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by wunmi590(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
yertyr:

Hmmm... this is new o
never seen a catholic say "the God of pope francis and mother mary"
Abeg... u no get God?...
To d topic, God will vindicate

Lol, amen grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by ednut1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
nawa o
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by dreamwords: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
But u were placed on Probation na, but anyway God knows d best for u
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by idu1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:

Thanks again.
Is she the owner of that company?
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by activelyA(f): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
dilini:

Thanks again.
Had it been she didn't sack you, you would nit have the grand blessing 2017 is about to give to you...
God just used her to take you to higher heights,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by polite2(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
Take heart, and be of good cheers. Surely u wont be left alone.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Jsme(f): 3:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hope not MmM Sha, no wahala
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
sad shocked
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by kidman96(m): 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
SmellingAnus:
Sorry for the lose bro...

Blood of father Christmas!

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by passyhansome(m): 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful by mrmrmister: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jsme:
Hope not MmM Sha, no wahala

Did you even read the post or you just jumped into conclusion? undecided
You shouldn't comment if you have nothing reasonable to say, leave the space for those who do.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures) / Omolanke Shelle: Stericycle Hoists Nigerian Flag To Honour Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.