Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:41 AM

Saraki To Ahmed: Take Care Of My People For Me, Tolerate Their Shortcomings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Ahmed: Take Care Of My People For Me, Tolerate Their Shortcomings (539 Views)

Okorocha Uses Tinubu & Saraki To Explain To 'Myopic Imolites' About Son-In-Law / Court Orders Saraki To Swear-in Okonkwo As Senator For Anambra Central / Yusuf Buhari Poses With His Sister Zahra Ahead Of Her Wedding To Ahmed Indimi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saraki To Ahmed: Take Care Of My People For Me, Tolerate Their Shortcomings by babanett: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2016
Saraki to Ahmed: Take care of my people for me, tolerate their shortcomings

Saraki to Ahmed: Take care of my people for me, tolerate their shortcomings
Date: 2016-12-24

Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed for the first time since he assumed office in 2011, has related the last conversation he had with the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki when the former Governor was leaving the state.
Gov Ahmed said this in an interview featured in the special December edition of Kwaraeve news published by Kwara State Internal Revenue Service (KWIRS) to mark the 54th birthday anniversary of Saraki.
He said Saraki shortly after the handing over ceremony at the Metropolitan Square told him when they got to the Ilorin International Airport to prioritise the welfare of Kwarans and overlook their shortcomings.
The Governor who noted with nostalgia the parting words of the Senate President described the scenario as emotional for him. According to him, Saraki's utterances that day at the airport made him realised the enormity of the task ahead in the governance of the state.
He noted that Saraki has through his political positions projected the welfarist policy of the Saraki dynasty, which he said has metamorphosed to a 'movement'. While describing Saraki as a man who dearly cherish his people, Governor Ahmed added that the Senate President remains a futuristic leader and a consummate democrat who loves to brainstorm on issue.
"But he doesn't take no for answer no matter the challenge and believe there is solution to every problem", Ahmed said. On how Saraki has used his experience to contribute to governance in the state after his exit, Governor Ahmed said the state had benefited immensely from wisdom and input of Saraki.
He said "success in this regards can only be achieved through inclusive decision making process and this means relating with stakeholders and experienced leaders and elders in the state", he added. Ahmed was backed by Saraki, who served two terms from 2003 to 2011 as governor, to become his successor.
Before then, he had also worked under the former governor during their days at Societe General Bank of Nigeria (SGBN) and served as commissioner for Finance before he was moved to Ministry of Planning during Saraki's tenure.
Re: Saraki To Ahmed: Take Care Of My People For Me, Tolerate Their Shortcomings by Babacele: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
hear talk on a Xmas day.
Re: Saraki To Ahmed: Take Care Of My People For Me, Tolerate Their Shortcomings by patchsk(f): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
D

(1) (Reply)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles & I Never Ridiculed Them – Arase / Borno Again: Mafa No Arrested, Reported Himself To Military. / Presidency Begins Payment Of N5,000 Monthly Stipend To Poor Nigeria (my Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.