Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump (3530 Views)

There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump. / ‘there Is Only 1 US President, I Am Till Jan 2017’- Obama Warns Donald Trump / There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by voiceoftruthNG: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Outgoing U.S. President Barack Obama has told incoming President Donald Trump to accept the fact that there is only one U.S. President at a time.

Obama also told the president-elect that he remains the U.S. President till Jan. 20, 2017, when he would complete his two-term presidency of the U.S. and handover to Trump.

Obama’s remarks followed what the White House termed as Trump’s undue interference in U.S. policies since his election.

Also ther president-elect had on Thursday, directed the U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Ms Samantha Power, to veto the Security Council’s Resolution on Israeli settlements in Palestinian territory.

However, the Obama’s administration disregarded Trump’s directive and had gone ahead to abstain from voting on the resolution when it finally came up on Friday, drawing criticisms from the president-elect and his team.

The White House, in a response by Obama’s Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications, Mr Ben Rhodes, obtained by NAN, said the UN Security Council’s Resolution was a policy issue that Trump should not meddle in.

“On the President-elect, the first thing I’d just say is that there’s one President at a time.

“President Obama is the President of the United States until January 20th, and we are taking this action (abstention), of course, as U.S. policy,” he said.

Rhodes explained that there was no any communication between the White House and the President-elect or his staff between when Obama made his decision and when the vote took place.

“So I’m not aware that President Obama and the President-elect spoke about this, but again, I’m not — President Obama definitely made no reference to that, so I can’t confirm that this hasn’t come up at all, but I’m not aware of any particular conversation they had about this.

“We did hear from the President-elect’s team. Again, our position has been there’s one President at a time.

“We’re going to make our decision on this and, frankly, believe that it’s important that there’s a principle here that the world understands who is speaking on behalf of the United States until January 20th and who is speaking on behalf of the United States after January 20th.

“And look, the new team will have every opportunity after January 20th to pursue their own policies, to take different approaches.

“I’m certain that they will on any number of issues.

“We’re just reflecting the simple principle that I think has guided the President-elect transitions historically.

“Which is that there is one President at a time and we’re going to execute our duties until the new team is in place and the new President is inaugurated,” the Obama’s aide said.
Recalled that following the pressure that Trump reportedly put on Egypt, the sponsor of the resolution, Egypt withdrew it on Thursday and the vote was consequently delayed till Friday.

However, the resolution was put forward on Friday by Malaysia, New Zealand, Senegal and Venezuela and the 15-member Council adopted the resolution by a vote of 14 in favour and with one abstention – the U.S., which abstained from voting rather than veto the resolution.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/theres-only-1-u-s-president-i-am-till-jan-20-2017-obama-warns-trump/

2 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by ghettowriter(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Trump should take a chill pill till 20th jor.

4 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by tit(f): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
Obama the lameuck devil

3 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by nuelyoyo(m): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
Truly u can't have two masters in a boat at a time.

Check my signature, register and be financially free.

1 Like

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
tit:
Obama the lameuck devil

You will know the real devil after January 20th.

6 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by EdCure: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
Aigbofa:

You will know the real devil after January 20th.
Obama is a pussy. He broke a long standing US policy and betrayed Israel to please his globalist moslem brothers.
This is the height of betrayal and treachery from a man in his desperate bid to attain global superstardom through political correctness.

What a pathetically mediocre liberal sissy Obama is!

I wasted money to buy his crappy book (The Audacity of Hope) in 2008 and couldn't make sense out of it up till now. No wonder he is the poorest selling author among all occupants of the White House.
Need I remind you that he has the lowest recorded IQ of all US Presidents? Who say Obama is intelligent?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by dunkem21(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
This man should stop wailing and prepare his handover to the new Sherrif cheesy

5 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

Obama is a pussy. He broke a long standing US policy and betrayed Israel to please his globalist masters and moslem brothers.

What a pathetic sissy!

Betrayed Israel by not giving them a carte blanche to take Palestinian lands?

6 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

Obama is a pussy. He broke a long standing US policy and betrayed Israel to please his globalist masters and moslem brothers.

What a pathetic sissy!

Supposed the Palestinians are also backed up by a superpower goading them to annex Israeli lands would that be a good recipe for peace?

Your problem with the Palestinians seems to be based solely on their religion.

7 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by EdCure: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Aigbofa:

The lands of Israel, you mean?

I'd have love to quibble with you on this subject-matter, but I doubt if you understand the dynamics of the Arab-Israeli conflict beyond religious bias.

Merry Christmas.

7 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by eezeribe(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
OK
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

I'd have love to quibble with you on this subject-matter, but I doubt if you understand the dynamics of the Arab-Israeli conflict beyond religious bias.

Merry Christmas.

Why don't you drop the condescending balderdash and educate us on the dynamics of Arab/Israeli conflicts since you are so knowledgeable on the subject matter?
Merry Christmas to you too.

7 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by harzhan: 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

Obama is a pussy. He broke a long standing US policy and betrayed Israel to please his globalist moslem brothers.
This is the height of betrayal and treachery from a man in his desperate bid to attain global superstardom through political correctness.

I wasted money to buy his crappy book (The Audacity of Hope) in 2008 and couldn't make sense out of it up till now. No wonder he is the poorest selling author among all occupants of the White House.
Need I remind you that he has the lowest recorded IQ of all US Presidents? Who say Obama is intelligent?

Reading what you wrote up there is quite infuriating to say the least. The world is battling with the political tussle that is happening in Syria and here you're unhappy that Isreal is unable to get into Palestine like you have forgotten how they "peacefully" made Palestine a Syria the last time. I'm sure you only know more about Gaza because of this conflict and here you're saying Obama is what-not. The problem the world is facing now is that everyone's hatred is hidden behind religion and I dare say you're one of such problems.

4 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by gesundheit: 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

Merry Christmas.

We are waiting for you to educate us how the British gave cultural Jews of Europe and America other peoples land. We are also waiting for you to tell us why they refuse an initial offer of present day Uganda. Y'all foools need to take a trip to the occupied region and see crimes worst than apartheid. Plus Palestinian Christians are also been prosecuted by the Zionist with total ban on Christmas and restrictions of movement in the church of naivety. I was there with a German lady on a project so stop trying to tell me jargons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

Obama graduated in the top 15% of Harvard; the most prestigious university in the world. Emminent law professor Laurence Tribe described Obama as the best student he ever had, out of thousands of students.

While such over-the-top praise calls Tribe’s credibility into question, there is no disputing Obama got above average grades at Harvard

2 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdCure:

Check corrected IQ ratings of US Presidents and see Obama is far from the lowest

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by Stalwert: 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
Aigbofa:

Supposed the Palestinians are also backed up by a superpower goading them to annex Israeli lands would that be a good recipe for peace?

Your problem with the Palestinians seems to be based solely on their religion.

God bless you. ..imagine in his warped understanding of religion stealing land is cool.

2 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by cstr19: 12:51am On Dec 26, 2016
Aigbofa:

[b]Supposed the Palestinians are also backed up by a superpower goading them to annex Israeli lands would that be a good recipe for peace?

[/b]Your problem with the Palestinians seems to be based solely on their religion.
[b]Then let them go and get their own superpower that can rival the US grin
A weakened Isreal in the middle-east will lead to the growth of terrorism and pernicious anti-american interest groups having a field day, and it also means America loses a significant stake and influence in the middle-east.
Israel is critical to US internal security and economic development. Most of the technology we can call American today were produced in joint collaboration with Isreal.
Israel has a huge footprint in the American defence industry. Infact, America need isreal to survive.
So a US president going against long-standing policy created by much greater men than him is acting against US interests. There is no other way to paint it.
I am not going to delve into politics of morality, but that of national interest which is how international politics is played anyway. Obama had no reason to abstain if he was actually trying to do what is best for America.
And that is what Trump is angry about.
If Nigeria was in the position of America, you would be about what benefits Nigeria and let anybody else be damned. So quit the hypocrisy.
I am sure if I probe you, your interest in this matter is most likely religious[/b].

1 Like

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by panafrican(m): 2:41am On Dec 26, 2016
1.Obama refused to sell weapons to Nigeria in the war against Boko Haram at a time when these criminals were beheading people, raping women,burning down villages in Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon.

2. The same Obama referred to unarmed Ivorian youth as thugs when they were being gunned down by French soldiers. These soldiers were backing rebels against the democratically elected president Gbagbo.

3. Under the watch of the Obama administration radical Muslims groups were having fun in Africa killing in Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger, Libya etc.

4. Obama decided , one does not know for what , to spit on African secular values , asking us to overturn thousands of years of our heritage and allow men to marry with men. Even the racist colonial power did not attempt to make such a disdainful statement.

5. Obama sided with the criminal French -Hungarian
Sarkozy to blow up Libya and allow jihadists to wipeout Black Libyan tribes in Libya.

That is why no matter how the rest of us might feel about Trump' s actions, Panafricanists should never ever defend Obama or feel upset for him. He can fade away in History.

4 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by gesundheit: 4:55am On Dec 26, 2016
cstr19:

[b]Then let them go and get their own superpower that can rival the US grin
A weakened Isreal in the middle-east will lead to the growth of terrorism and pernicious anti-american interest groups having a field day, and it also means America loses a significant stake and influence in the middle-east.
Israel is critical to US internal security and economic development. Most of the technology we can call American today were produced in joint collaboration with Isreal.
Israel has a huge footprint in the American defence industry. Infact, America need isreal to survive.
So a US president going against long-standing policy created by much greater men than him is acting against US interests. There is no other way to paint it.
I am not going to delve into politics of morality, but that of national interest which is how international politics is played anyway. Obama had no reason to abstain if he was actually trying to do what is best for America.
And that is what Trump is angry about.
If Nigeria was in the position of America, you would be about what benefits Nigeria and let anybody else be damned. So quit the hypocrisy.
I am sure if I probe you, your interest in this matter is most likely religious[/b].

Garbage..

1 Like

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
panafrican:
1.Obama refused to sell weapons to Nigeria in the war against Boko Haram at a time when these criminals were beheading people, raping women,burning down villages in Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon.

2. The same Obama referred to unarmed Ivorian youth as thugs when they were being gunned down by French soldiers. These soldiers were backing rebels against the democratically elected president Gbagbo.

3. Under the watch of the Obama administration radical Muslims groups were having fun in Africa killing in Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger, Libya etc.

4. Obama decided , one does not know for what , to spit on African secular values , asking us to overturn thousands of years of our heritage and allow men to marry with men. Even the racist colonial power did not attempt to make such a disdainful statement.

5. Obama sided with the criminal French -Hungarian
Sarkozy to blow up Libya and allow jihadists to wipeout Black Libyan tribes in Libya.

That is why no matter how the rest of us might feel about Trump' s actions, Panafricanists should never ever defend Obama or feel upset for him. He can fade away in History.

Obama gave a Billion dollars to us during the war against Boko Haram, which our government sabotaged the effect of the money and wasted it. When the US Military team planned a collaborative strike against Boko Haram in Sambisa Forrest, the Intel for the strike leaked and the US believed Boko Haram infiltrated GEJ's government.

There was no way Obama and the American government would continue working with the past administration. We needed to purge ourselves of the demon within before asking for help

2 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by idupaul: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2016
EdCure:

God bless U
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by idupaul: 9:05am On Dec 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Obama gave a Billion dollars to us during the war against Boko Haram, which our government sabotaged the effect of the money and wasted it. When the US Military team planned a collaborative strike against Boko Haram in Sambisa Forrest, the Intel for the strike leaked and the US believed Boko Haram infiltrated GEJ's government.

There was no way Obama and the American government would continue working with the past administration. We needed to purge ourselves of the demon within before asking for help

You are still very naive and don't know jack about international politics and it's backend ..Lol at the the 1 billion dollars
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by idupaul: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Check corrected IQ ratings of US Presidents and see Obama is far from the lowest

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax

Obamas IQ of 102 is the lowest amongst us president's in the last 100 years while Donald Trump has an IQ of 156 which is in the genius range
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by EdCure: 9:43am On Dec 27, 2016
idupaul:

God bless U
Amen. God bless you too.

4 Likes

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2016
idupaul:

Obamas IQ of 102 is the lowest amongst us president's in the last 100 years while Donald Trump has an IQ of 156 which is in the genius range

Heck, read the link you posted before writing what you are saying. Click the link. Trump, genius ke. I do not even need an IQ test result to judge Trump.
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by idupaul: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Heck, read the link you posted before writing what you are saying. Click the link. Trump, genius ke. I do not even need an IQ test result to judge Trump.

Trump IQ is 156 which is far higher than yours
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2016
idupaul:

Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins

Donald Trump didn't just destroy himself. Hillary Clinton destroyed him.

The third and final presidential debate has ended, and it can now be said: Hillary Clinton crushed Donald Trump in the most effective series of debate performances in modern political history.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/19/13340828/hillary-clinton-debate-trump-won

Genius Range Ke. Story for the gods. Not me.

1 Like

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2016
idupaul:

Trump IQ is 156 which is far higher than yours

High IQ that loses three debates. Please, tell me another joke. That was a good one. grin
Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by idupaul: 10:23am On Dec 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

High IQ that loses three debates. Please, tell me another joke. That was a good one. grin

You think a man who has become a billionaire four differnt times in one lifetime ,who built some of the most luxurious properties on earth , who started reality TV and has sold more books than your dull OBAMA, won the white house on first try without being a career politician and yet you think such a man is dull ..having an IQ of 159 no be beans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s Only 1 U.S. President, I Am Till Jan. 20, 2017, Obama Warns Trump by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36am On Dec 27, 2016
idupaul:

You think a man who has become a billionaire four differnt times in one lifetime ,who built some of the most luxurious properties on earth , who started reality TV and has sold more books than your dull OBAMA, won the white house on first try without being a career politician and yet you think such a man is dull ..having an IQ of 159 no be beans

Trump uses ghost writers for his books. Obama did not use ghost writers. Do the maths.

Trump is not eloquent. Listen to his victory speech. Ridiculous thrash. I could not believe that was coming from the President Elect.

Listen to the electrifying concession speech of Hillary Clinton. You will see exceptional brilliance. Look for someone else to peddle your Trump genius point.

The whole world watched Hillary prove how slow he was mentally in three debates. Even McCain was not horrendous in all three debates.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Barack Obama Stops Wind Blowing Up Michelle’s Skirt (PHOTOS) / Israeli Military Shoots A Palestinian Child Dead(graphic Pictures) / South Africans Goes To The POLL As ANC Popularity Declines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.