Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) (10229 Views)

"Buhari Is Truly Enyioma1 Of Igboland With The Quality Of Awka-Enugu Expressway" / 10 Most Beautiful State Capital In Nigeria / Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by intrepidToju: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
It is very natural to be self conservative and it's not natural for one to self criticise but its good to always self criticise because in criticising ourselves we checkmate our success and also know if we are really making progress. So it's good to Criticise a government but if one must criticise a Government it should be Constructive Criticism. I must say that am not writing this post for speculation but because there is an urgent issue that needs attention.
Awka is located in Anambra state(the light of the Nation) and its the Capital of the state.To a great extent its a good Metropolis of Igbo people and there's a Federal Government University located in Awka. I wouldn't say that it's a very beautiful City, its a developing Town.The pictures shown below were take from Ifite road ( one of the minor Roads that lead to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University ) and as you can see the road has deteriorated for years now and Contracts have been Awarded to so many Contractors but still yet the Road is still in bad shape for years and the Local Government is doing barely nothing to Fix the Road. About two weeks ago when I saw a tractor working on the road I felt happy but on a second glance at the Road its easy for one to tell that there's no positive work on going(the tractor was sand filling the Drainages). In a bid of Operation ' light up the state ' all the Drainages on the Road are being sandfilled so that they can easily install the Street lights ( or I don't know the reason for the sandfill ).Now because of the Blocked Drainages ' used water ' which are meant for the Drainages now floods the Road that's why even in this dry season the Road is still flooded . This really pose a great threat to Motorists and Students as it has lead to Minor Accidents.
It's a good thing for a Government to provide Street Lights for its citizens but in doing so people's life should not be endangered. The Ifite Road is too small to be called a Standard ' one lane ' and inasmuch as motorists are struggling to keep in the lane I think there shouldn't be any Obstructions like Refuse Bins and bad pot holes on the Road. Am not writing to Condemn the present Government but to point to them a problem in the State.
Read more http://afrikanist..com.ng/2016/12/never-settle-for-less.html?m=1

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
Adding street names to the pics will be good for a better perusal.undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by intrepidToju: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
More pic

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by angeltolly(f): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
A state capital angry

2 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by orimsamsam(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
Well this cannot be anambra judging from the picture and invest now always post

8 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Noneroone(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Op is looking for who to tempt this holy day.
Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by superstar1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
No wonder they will always want to die in Lagos PH Abuja Ibadan and Kano, whereas no one is willing to go into their God-forsaking dungeon.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by ccffwx: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
That is Ifite-Awka axis leading to Unizik back gate. Around Madonna hostel to Miracle junction is very bad and needs attention. That's the truth.

6 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by omofunaab(m): 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
I don't think this thread was created to denigrate anambra state

The intent might be to call the attention of the authorities to certain areas of the state.

I don't think it's one of those Peter obi vs Obiano thread or anambra vs abia thread.

But please change the topic ,some might feel offended with the topic and you won't be able to pass across your information

2 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by MayorofLagos(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
intrepidToju:
It is very natural to be self conservative and it's not natural for one to self criticise but its good to always self criticise because in criticising ourselves we checkmate our success and also know if we are really making progress. So it's good to Criticise a government but if one must criticise a Government it should be Constructive Criticism. I must say that am not writing this post for speculation but because there is an urgent issue that needs attention.
Awka is located in Anambra state(the light of the Nation) and its the Capital of the state.To a great extent its a good Metropolis of Igbo people and there's a Federal Government University located in Awka. I wouldn't say that it's a very beautiful City, its a developing Town.The pictures shown below were take from Ifite road ( one of the minor Roads that lead to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University ) and as you can see the road has deteriorated for years now and Contracts have been Awarded to so many Contractors but still yet the Road is still in bad shape for years and the Local Government is doing barely nothing to Fix the Road. About two weeks ago when I saw a tractor working on the road I felt happy but on a second glance at the Road its easy for one to tell that there's no positive work on going(the tractor was sand filling the Drainages). In a bid of Operation ' light up the state ' all the Drainages on the Road are being sandfilled so that they can easily install the Street lights ( or I don't know the reason for the sandfill ).Now because of the Blocked Drainages ' used water ' which are meant for the Drainages now floods the Road that's why even in this dry season the Road is still flooded . This really pose a great threat to Motorists and Students as it has lead to Minor Accidents.
It's a good thing for a Government to provide Street Lights for its citizens but in doing so people's life should not be endangered. The Ifite Road is too small to be called a Standard ' one lane ' and inasmuch as motorists are struggling to keep in the lane I think there shouldn't be any Obstructions like Refuse Bins and bad pot holes on the Road. Am not writing to Condemn the present Government but to point to them a problem in the State.
Read more http://afrikanist..com.ng/2016/12/never-settle-for-less.html?m=1

Good job OP.
They sandfill the drainages to create more destruction to an already damaged infrastructure and thereby have the legitimacy to budget more money for another contract work that will end in the ways of those before it.

These are some of the building blocks that when put in place will encourage return home. These are topics yanmiris should spend energy on and highlight to showcase to their Elders for intervention, instead of loosing sleep over what Ambode is not doing for Lagos.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by EternalTruths: 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Igbos avoid this thread

Afonjas won't succeed in dividing us

8 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by IPOB123london: 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
superstar1(m): 6:34pm
No wonder they will always want to die in Lagos PH Abuja Ibadan and Kano, whereas no one is willing to go into their God-forsaking dungeon.
(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)

the same way monkeys and baboons in the tree top shakes the branches at the mentioning of Biafra

5 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Noneroone:
Op is looking for who to tempt this holy day.

Anambarians are in Christmas celebrity,every nooks and crannies of anambra are in celebration mode, no time to back fire, we will be back fully next year, by special grace of almighty God, actually typing from fun center wish all merry Christmas and prosperous new year! I'm out.

10 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by PentiumPro(f): 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is a bush not even a village

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Visible008(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
post=52251908:

Anambarians are in Christmas celebrity,every nooks and crannies of anambra are in celebration mode, no time to back fire, we will be back fully next year, by special grace of almighty God, actually typing from fun center wish all merry Christmas and prosperous new year! I'm out.
My guy if you know the op is being truthful then there's nothing to retaliate about other than to ask your Governor to work on the said road,

Judging from the write up/pictures and the link therein, one could be convinced to believe that op is not pointing at the wrong direction.

what we all need is development and not siding one politician or the other.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by AmericanQuarter: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
Visibl008:

My guy if you know the op is being truthful then there's nothing to retaliate about other than to ask your Governor to work on the said road,
Judging from the write up/pictures and the link therein, one could be convinced to believe that op is not pointing at the wrong direction.
what we all need is development and not siding one politician or the other.

The Op is mischievous. Let him go and post more bushes and call it Awka or Anambra. We do not need to respond to lies veiled with jokes. Even the side of the flyover he posted was when the project was still under construction. Let him go on with his jokes.

1 Like

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
Even some part of ur Ikeja in Lagos is very dirty
Abi make I call names?

Anambra this Anambra that.,wen no one talks abt u,then u ar not in existence
Finally:envy is bad

Jombies

1 Like

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by FisifunKododada: 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
shocked If a whole Anambra capital looks like this imagine what the rest of the South East looks like! shocked

3 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by najoke: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
Peroti:
Even some part of ur Lagos is very dirty
Abi make I call names?

Anambra this Anambra that.,wen no one talks abt u,then u ar not in existence
Finally:envy is bad

Jombies
Really. ...what an irony grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What goes around. ....comes around grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by melodyogonna(m): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:
shocked If a whole Anambra capital looks like this imagine what the rest of the South East looks like! shocked
y not come for a picnic (make sure you come with enough money, our hotel prizes are not smiling that's if u are not still eating thankyou mom!!)

1 Like

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Anago5000: 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
where is chino11 self.asha9.chinonso obidike come ooo
Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by basilo102: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lol, all you posted is one road, inside the remotest part where the city is expanding towards, this is the city center

6 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by basilo102: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:
Enter motor and travel. Meanwhile this is what SW look like, no tarred street plus rusted roofs

9 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 26, 2016
najoke:

Really. ...what an irony grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What goes around. ....comes around grin grin grin grin grin

What is this one saying?
Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:15am On Dec 26, 2016
EternalTruths:
Igbos avoid this thread

Afonjas won't succeed in dividing us

U were never united

5 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:22am On Dec 26, 2016
melodyogonna:
y not come for a picnic (make sure you come with enough money, our hotel prizes are not smiling that's if u are not still eating thankyou mom!!)

grin
Fistfulkondodada,
E be like say this melody (na male o, no make mistake) want you to come visit am in Anambra. Lol ... cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by 0xtr169r: 1:24am On Dec 26, 2016
MayorofLagos:

U were never united

Indeed, Yorubas were never united..

"By the time the Europeans came, even the Yoruba people, did not even learn how to live with each other, they were fighting and all over the north, they were fighting everywhere, there were tribal wars."
I just remember only recently the Yoruba leaders said they want to break, break from where. The Yoruba are probably the people who economically enjoy Nigeria more than anybody, economically. So why are they going?" 
- Mallam Adamu Ciroma

2 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by cjrane: 1:35am On Dec 26, 2016
superstar1:

PLEASE REMOVE IBADAM FROM THAT LIST.

1 Like

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:49am On Dec 26, 2016
basilo102:

Enter motor and travel. Meanwhile this is what SW look like, no tarred street plus rusted roofs

Id take SW with brown roofs and dirt roads and have shelter over my head than modern roofed homes in SE with tarred roads that only last 5yrs before is washed away by erosion,.... and then i become a refugee in SW.

Compare....
By the way second pictute na Ekwueme family house be that. Its about to flip over.

7 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:51am On Dec 26, 2016
This is your pride in SE.

1st picture, what you look like from sky.
2nd picture, what you look like on ground.

Thats why you are always showing rooftop and never road level pictures.

5 Likes

Re: See The Real Face Of Awka ( Anambra State Capital ) by RockHard: 1:56am On Dec 26, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. / FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu. / Current Nigerian Senators Phone Numbers And Email Address (check Your State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.