Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (14418 Views)

Women From The Tomb- Another Bible Contradiction! / Bible Contradiction In The Book Of Genesis / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2017
randomperson:

Actually.... I was once exactly like that. Very committed to Christ but mehn, u can't just close your eyes to the load of crap in that book called the bible...

After quoting Matthew 21 with 71 verses?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Please paste it from dictionary. Thanks and state the reference.

Contradiction.

adjective
asserting the contrary or opposite; contradicting; inconsistent; logically opposite:
contradictory statements.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/contradictory

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

After quoting Matthew 21 with 71 verses?

Just the way you mentioned yourself in the OP.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2017
dalaman:

Contradiction.

adjective
asserting the contrary or opposite; contradicting; inconsistent; logically opposite:
contradictory statements.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/contradictory

So state one of Luke sentence that is opposite to another sentence from Mark.

No long story, please
(And please read all my lines before replying)
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2017
dalaman:

Just the way you mentioned yourself in the OP.
U want to lie on behalf of another person?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by oracle009(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2017
One funny thing all these agnoist, atheist and their likes fail to consider was that in the days of the church fathers, there exists SCHOLARS and PHILOSOPHERS who are so committed to study and observations with minimal distractions... Even among the church fathers. They noticed and saw all these 'contradictions' (using your terms), they know through generations such will always be challenged. Nevertheless, during Cannonization, they left them, refused to edit them and even deem them worthy of cannon.

Most of you talking here are not scholars, such makes it guerilla to argue with you. Most are 'Google scholars' who don't even know the meaning of SYNOPTIC! It's fruitless arguing with you. Many of you are being ignorantly polemic.

Well, my advise, stop talking what you don't know its premise, language, culture, antecedents and precedents.

M outta here
Peace!

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2017
oracle009:
One funny thing all these agnoist, atheist and their likes fail to consider was that in the days of the church fathers, there exists SCHOLARS and PHILOSOPHERS who are so committed to study and observations with minimal distractions... Even among the church fathers. They noticed and saw all these 'contradictions' (using your terms), they know through generations such will always be challenged. Nevertheless, during Cannonization, they left them, refused to edit them and even deem them worthy of cannon.

Most of you talking here are not scholars, such makes it guerilla to argue with you. Most are 'Google scholars' who don't even know the meaning of SYNOPTIC! It's fruitless arguing with you. Many of you are being ignorantly polemic.

Well, my advise, stop talking what you don't know its premise, language, culture, antecedents and precedents.

M outta here
Peace!

Good observation.
Good advice.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 10:46am On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

So state one of Luke sentence that is opposite to another sentence from Mark.

No long story, please
(And please read all my lines before replying)

It doesn't have to be opposite. As long as it is inconsistent it is contradictory. According to the definition inconsistency is also a meaning of contradiction. I have already shown the inconsistencies.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2017
dalaman:

It doesn't have to be opposite. As long as it is inconsistent it is contradictory. According to the definition inconsistency is also a meaning of contradiction. I have already shown the inconsistencies.

Quiet bros.
Mutually "Inconsistent" statements cant co-exist.

One must be false so that the other can be true. And vice versa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Quiet bros.
Mutually "Inconsistent" statements cant co-exist.

One must be false so that the other can be true. And vice versa.
I have already shown you how the 3 accounts are mutually inconsistent. Mark said the angel told them Jesus had risen and showed them where they laid his body as evidence that he had risen. Luke said they entered and discovered that his body wasn't there and as they were wondering two men appeared and told them that he had risen. John went wild with a totally different narrative of how the women saw that his body was missing and ran to call his disciples . When they came only one of them saw two angels and Jesus Himself appeared to her there in the tomb.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2017
dalaman:

I have already shown you how the 3 accounts are mutually inconsistent. Mark said the angel told them Jesus had risen and showed them where they laid his body as evidence that he had risen. Luke said then entree and discovered that his body wasn't there and as they were wondering two men ap eared and told them that he had risen. John went wild with a totally different narrative of how the women saw that his body was missing and ran to call his disciples . When they came only one of them saw two angels and Jesus Himself appeared to her there in the tomb.

U see ur long stories have started?
I simply told u bring out two single sentences from Luke and Mark from Bible that oppose each other or that cant coexist.

(Please read all my lines)
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 11:25am On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

U see ur long stories have started?
I simply told u bring out two single sentences from Luke and Mark from Bible that oppose each other or that cant coexist.

(Please read all my lines)

I gave yout two stories that are inconsistent and you are asking me for words. The stories are inconsistent, end of story.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2017
dalaman:

I gave yout two stories that are inconsistent and you are asking me for words. The stories are inconsistent, end of story.

At this point, they will even chase u out of a courtroom.

because U keep hiding inside paragraphs.
Well, anything u wish, you can make as ur conclusion.
I cant change that.
The truth is bare already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2017
At this point,
I want to request for more meaningful contributions.
I want to also thank those, who have spent time to read and contribute.
smiley Cheers
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 11:59am On Jan 02, 2017
Felixomor,
Are the stories Dalaman referred to from Mark, Matthew and John an account of the same event, or of mutually exclusive events?

3 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Felixomor,
Are the stories Dalaman referred to from Mark, Matthew and John an account of the same event, or of mutually exclusive events?

"Event" or "Events"

One by one.
Be specific.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
This thread has to be kept afloat so people would learn.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
DoctorAlien:
This thread has to be kept afloat so people would learn.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

"Event" or "Events"

One by one.
Be specific.
Read my question again, it's unequivocal.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Read my question again, it's unequivocal.

Those chapters have hundreds of "events."

Which line exactly from each book cancels out another from the other book, as non coexistent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Those chapters have hundreds of "events."

Which line exactly from each book cancels out another from the other book, as non coexistent?
Allow me to rephrase: Are those stories describing one singular event in history known as Christ's resurrection, or are they describing separate resurrection events?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Allow me to rephrase: Are those stories describing one singular event in history known as Christ's resurrection, or are they describing separate resurrection events?

Ressurection took place before the women came to the tomb.
Should i define "resurrection" for you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Ressurection took place before the women came to the tomb.
Should i define "resurrection" for you?
No sir, there is no need to embarrass an ignorant fellow like me with trivial definitions. What I really want to know, without being pedantic is: Are those three stories an account of the same event or not? The event being referred to here is the discovery of an empty tomb by one/more people.

2 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

No sir, there is no need to embarrass an ignorant fellow like me with trivial definitions. What I really want to know, without being pedantic is: Are those three stories an account of the same event or not? The event being referred to here is the discovery of an empty tomb by one/more people.

And i asked which event.
I am happy u now know the importance of specificity.

The women arriving at the gate is an event.
The women entering the tomb is another event.
The women bowing down is another event.
The women going away, another one.
The women seeing a man at the gate is another event
The women seeing another set of angels inside the tomb, anorher one.

Etc....

Be specific a little more. Please
I know u have tried.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

And i asked which event.
I am happy u now know the importance of specificity.

The women arriving at the gate is an event.
The women entering the tomb is another event.
The women bowing down is another event.
The women going away, another one.
The women seeing a man at the gate is another event
The women seeing another set of angels inside the tomb, anorher one.

Etc....

Be specific a little more. Please
I know u have tried.
But I specified! Okay put in other words, do you agree that the central event being described in all of those passages is about the discovery of an empty tomb? Also, do you agree that this event happened just once?

I can't simplify my question any further than this.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

But I specified! Okay put in other words, do you agree that the central event being described in all of those passages is about the discovery of an empty tomb? Also, do you agree that this event happened just once?

I can't simplify my question any further than this.

Yes. I agree.
All be it description from different camera views and chronologic perspective,
Yes.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Yes. I agree.
Yes.
Fair enough!

Now, tell me, are the two men in Luke 24:4 the same as the two angels in John 20:12? If so, are these two accounts referring to the same encounter or different encounters?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Yes. I agree.
Yes.

How did the women realize that Jesus body was missing in Mark? Can it be reconcilied with the account in Luke?
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Fair enough!

Now, tell me, are the two men in Luke 24:4 the same as the two angels in John 20:12? If so, are these two accounts referring to the same encounter or different encounters?

My bro,
In John 20:12, the account given there is the 2nd time visit by the women and the disciples.

Luke 20:24 is the first time visit by the women before they went to call the disciples to come and see.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
dalaman:

How did the women realize that Jesus body was missing in Mark? Can it be reconcilied with the account in Luke?

Bros, abeg let me discuss peacefully with those who care to show honesty.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Bros, abeg let me discuss peacefully with those who care to show honesty.

. What is the dishonest in my question?
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by taurus25(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
please, how can judas iscarriot die in two different ways
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church / Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today / DIG Haruna's Tragic Death Prophesied By?? Guess?? TB Joshua!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.