Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu (11327 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi And Adebayo Shittu Threaten Each Other: "You Will Go To Jail” / Adebayo Shittu Owns 12 Houses, 25 Cars, 93M Printing Press- Victor Oluwadamilare / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
Funny enough, this money would not benefit the masses in any way, more funnier is the fact that MTN would still take back whatever fine they pay through their usual obscure charges.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by AngelicBeing: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
darknetcom:
no realy...we kept our calm this time..

but if this south african idiioots are not careful,soon they will start hearing "south-africa must go!"...walahi...
cool tongue
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by dsamist: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
am sure most nigerians are ignorant of the mtn foundation scheme. Hence we won't be spliting airs on the media about them.

1 Like

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Divinerace(m): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
just 80b.
mtn pay us all our money or els
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by darknetcom: 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
Codes151:
Those unregistered sim cost us a lot!! From bh to kidnapping!! Fine of 1.8 trillion reduced to 380 wow! What a discount! Whenever I become president, we will revisit this case! Either u pay full or u leave!

mtn will not survive long in nigeria..

they already have now a tarnished image...

they are promoters of terrorism....

we nigerians should stop playing pan africa..

they rest of africa dont care about us,why should we care about them?...

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by ajayiopy: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
You think is MTN that is paying? They can pay billion because all they need to do is to adjust their meter
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Chinks(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
When two elephants fight, it is the grass that will suffer... It seems my fellow nairalanders don't know that we are the one paying indirectly.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by AfroSamurai: 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lezzlie:
That's why MTN has been on the front lines pressuring the NCC to increase data tarrifs and ban WhatsApp and Viber for the imbecilic excuse that it hinders GSM Network provider's profit.

I wonder why NCC Chairman has not resigned in shame yet.
I'm sure you know shame is an emotion not many peeps can feel. Especially when they feel they stand primus interparas. grin
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Chinks(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
ajayiopy:
You think is MTN that is paying? They can pay billion because all they need to do is to adjust their meter
thank you jhor
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by SmartThief(m): 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
I hope this money won't be used by these greedy and potbellied ministers as an end of the year party bonanza? It can only get worst!!
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Lezzlie(m): 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
AfroSamurai:
I'm sure you know shame is an emotion not many peeps can feel. Especially when they feel they stand primus interparas. grin
People react to shame differently, bro. Others seek to fight it and create lies to dispel it. Other own up and melt into the shadows.

Still others react trying to save face by cooking up stories and falsehood.

MTN initially called the bluff of the government before it was humbled.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by bigerboy200: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
bsonenterprise:
The EFCC should raid plenty tax auditors offices, and they should also watch state and federal tax officials, the level of venality from these department is insane. I once did a construction consultant project for a company I wont mention...
Their taxes when calculated was almost 98 million to the state alone, and their tax auditor fixed the papers to help them make it look like its 18 million nairea. And eventually, they only paid half that amount to the useless government of Ogun State which instead of employing real graduates, uses drop out Mapoly touts
Same thing with some phcn officials.. they fix prepaid meters in houses and help customers bypass the accurate billing system by taking off heavy appliances on d meters.. quite shameful when constituted authorities aid cutting corners to cheat the Govt..
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Adex097: 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
Abeg MTNF, please reason your scholars matter cry
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by AfroSamurai: 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lezzlie:
People react to shame differently, bro. Others seek to fight it and create lies to dispel it. Other own up and melt into the shadows.

Still others react trying to save face by cooking up stories and falsehood.

MTN initially called the bluff of the government before it was humbled.
No doubt. I believe, a man who is truly ashamed or knows shame will own up and melt into the shadows.

MTN did what they did because they feel they can get away with whatever crime they commit. After all, its a society where money is power.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by walexsho(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
princemillla:
Thoughful... This is a big lesson to other investors who violate Nigeria laws.
Is it not from Subscribers they will rob the payment. They will rob peter to pay Paul
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Acidosis(m): 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
MTN subscribers paid N80bn to corrupt political leaders.

1 Like

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by walexsho(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lezzlie:
That's why MTN has been on the front lines pressuring the NCC to increase data tarrifs and ban WhatsApp and Viber for the imbecilic excuse that it hinders GSM Network provider's profit.

The social media App is really affecting those Idiot, as people no longer make much call as before
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by walexsho(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lezzlie:

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Lezzlie(m): 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
walexsho:

The social media App is really affecting those Idiot, as people no longer make much call as before
That's where they could have consolidated with cheap data tariff so that more people will come on board and use mobile internet for both data and voice calls and they can make money.

MTN is greedy and hungry at the same time. Remember this worthless company charged its customers for calling customer care service when Econet was doing it free of charge.

Glo introduced per second billing and Airtel introduced cheap internet access. MTN has never introduced any price reduction scheme.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by antosly(m): 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ok

Pay please it's gud
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by IPOB123london: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
so Buharia where is the money?
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by oruma19: 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
princemillla:
Thoughful... This is a big lesson to other investors who violate Nigeria laws.
which lesson? Is it the money Mtn collected from you and I without our knowledge? E be like say u nor de check but data/ call usage well. Our gvt is a useless one. There are no working institutions to curtail this nonsense service providers do. Mtn as a matter of fact will be happy to pay the money because that penalty would allow them fleece nigerians. They will make 4times the money they are giving the gvt in the three years. Take my word, governments of black men are cursed. The black race is a cursed one. We need a black revolution to come out of this curse

2 Likes

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by MayhorE(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Now know the reason why dem dey sell card for #110
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by AUSLY22(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
OK

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by truthspeaks: 3:04am On Dec 27, 2016
grin grin OK guy stop dis joke. U r suppose to be defending ur buhari/apc goons grin grin I ll report u oo to sarrki n madridguy
AntiWailer:
Why naira and not dollars ?

Technically corrupt people.

They were fined in dollars , what exchange rate are we we using to collect Naira in billions.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
That's where they could have consolidated with cheap data tariff so that more people will come on board and use mobile internet for both data and voice calls and they can make money.

MTN is greedy and hungry at the same time. Remember this worthless company charged its customers for calling customer care service when Econet was doing it free of charge.

Glo introduced per second billing and Airtel introduced cheap internet access. MTN has never introduced any price reduction scheme.

Astute analysis .... I know about the per second billing stuff, but I didn't know MTN dared to charge people for customer service calls!

in an ideal environment, Nigerians would boycott MTN and promote Glo especially. South African companies take advantage of the greed of our leaders to exploit us mercilessly. Another example is DSTV.

I shake my head anytime Glo is criticised by Nigerians. if not for them, MTN claimed per second billing was not possible for a longtime. Calls won't be as cheap if not for Glo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by Lezzlie(m): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2016
soletar:

Astute analysis .... I know about the per second billing stuff, but I didn't know MTN dared to charge people for customer service calls!

in an ideal environment, Nigerians would boycott MTN and promote Glo especially. South African companies take advantage of the greed of our leaders to exploit us mercilessly. Another example is DSTV.

I shake my head anytime Glo is criticised by Nigerians. if not for them, MTN claimed per second billing was not possible for a longtime. Calls won't be as cheap if not for Glo.
That's correct, MTN charged its customers for calls to its customer care service in the early 2000s.

I ported out of the network and encouraged alot of colleagues to do so.

Nigerians who criticise Glo are just blind and lack vision.

MTN is owned 50/51% by South African government and the other percentage is open to the public and they are after profit in Nigeria far above ethics.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by imoh4king(m): 7:34am On Dec 27, 2016
U guys are happy DAT they were fined, but u ave also forgotten that they ave their own way of getting back their money....and it is the masses that will suffer it. Moreover, who will account tomorrow for the N80 Billion they paid as defaulting fine.
Re: MTN Paid N80b Fine – Adebayo Shittu by walexsho(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
soletar:

My first sim was MTN, when my phone got lost, I didn't bother retrieving the Sim.. I started using Glo because Glo must not pack off Just like HiTV did. we promote GoTV and DSTV own by MULTICHOICE a south African company Forgetting our Own . MULTICHOICE heavily exploit us till now if not for advent of startime that made them come up with Gotv. There must be competitors in the Communication sector

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Performs Lesser Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Festus Osifo Emerges PENGASSAN President / Ganduje Briefs Osinbajo On Kidnapping And Banditry In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.