Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide (10430 Views)

NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine / Make Your Own Fresh Fruit Juices Yourselves. / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by africanusvu(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2016
Custom seizing rice nafdac seizing drinks.custom wil start frm onitsha and end in aba.nafdac wil start frm aba and end in onisha.the two wil meet at owerri to giv account to their man.Rochas.all anti igbo agenda
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 27, 2016
Honestly, I don't see any reasons to buy package juice either foreign or local.
Buy fresh fruits from nature, Blend and drink. As simple as that. Imagine that people produce fake drugs-drugs that should be use to safe lives. Is it juice they will not fill with colours, preservatives, sweeteners and other artificial nonsense?
Always try your best to eat natural things.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Toosure70: 7:38am On Dec 27, 2016
priceaction:
Nafdac had died since akuyili of blessed memories died. I don't even know the new DG. No be them dey give ogbono, stew and porrage imported from India number ?
Kudo to late most mumu President MUSA yaradua.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by MrHenshaw: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2016
ajbf:
Following the Federal Government ban of imported fruit juice into the country, the National Agencyfor Food and Drug Administration, NAFDAC, has begun mop-up of all imported fruit juices nationwide.

Addressing journalists shortly after the raid which took place in various markets in Lagos by the enforcement team of NAFDAC, Deputy Director, Investigation & Enforcement Directorate, Mr. Francis Ononiwu decried the influx of imported fruit juices in the country, blaming it on the absence of the Agency’s staff at the ports.

According to him, the Federal Government as a matter of urgency should reconsider bringing NAFDAC back to the ports in order to drastically reduce fake, counterfeit and imported banned products into the country.

“We are all aware that most of these products come through the sea ports and NAFDAC is not on ground there, definitely, we cannot effectively stop the products from entering. That is a major challenge. If we are there the quantity will be much more reduced or eliminated. Federal government should reconsider taking NAFDAC back to the ports”

Ononiwu explained that the mop –up exercise is ongoing nationwide, not only to meet the deadline for the exercise but also to create an enabling environment for local manufacturers of fruit juices in the country.

“These imported products are not registered by NAFDAC; they are unwholesome and fake and have been banned by the Federal Government. We don’t expect to see imported fruit juices in our markets today because we have enough fruit juice manufactured and produced here.

RAID: NAFDAC officials mopping up imported fruit juice from De Prince Supermarket, Agbada area of Lagos last week.
We are also trying to protect our local industry as well as encouraged them to utilise our farm produces thereby boosting our economy.”

Warning consumers against such products, he said since they were not produced under supervised Good Manufacturing Practice, they are harmful to the health of consumers.

Ononiwu hinted that those arrested would be punished in line with the appropriate sanctions stipulated in the Agency’s regulations.

Speaking during the exercise at Gbagada area of Lagos, Team Leader also from the Investigation and Enforcement Directorate, Mr. Carolly Ngobiri, said the exercise was in line with a circular of Dec. 19 from the Directorate, directing that an urgent visit to all markets and supermarkets in all states, be embarked upon, to mop-up these items.

“We are here to carry out one of NAFDAC’s mandate; to make sure that that all foreign juices are removed from the market. We have given them a deadline from now to Dec. 31 to stop their sales and remove them from the shelves.

“But in order to ensure that these are totally removed, we have started mopping up all the juices all over the country. “By Dec. 31, we do not want to see any imported juice in Nigeria.

“At these places that we have gone to carry out our assignment, we have taken the items, documented them and invited the owners to come to our office for further interrogation.

The NAFDAC official advised all consumers to check all the date markings of which include the production and expiry dates, as well as NAFDAC registration number of each of the products, before purchase.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nafdac-begins-mop-imported-fruit-juices-nationwide/

NAFDAC after Dora Akunyili is a Shadow.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by ArabMopol(m): 7:48am On Dec 27, 2016
an opportunity to divert ppl goods to their families , friends and relatives in the name of seizing substandard goods... Buhari is a cow TUFIAKWA
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by humurphia(m): 8:05am On Dec 27, 2016
wee you kip quiet!!!...this can only happen after serious bribery and corrouption.nafdac dont care bout the mass .they just want money ..if they did it for the masses tomato paste from foreign land would have been banned. ..Let me not catch you
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by idupaul: 8:14am On Dec 27, 2016
onatisi:
This will improve fruit juice production in Nigeria and also help local fruit farmers . Very good move

Apart from Fumman, is there any fruit juice maker that uses real fruits ?
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Originalsly: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2016
ceejay80s:
Don't know if dis is good news or bad, cos everything that comes out from nigeria is never good
Hmmm....2016 moving on to 2017 and this kind people still exist.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by mostyg(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2016
Imported junks destroy our economy. Let us patronise local goods
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by BCharles: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2016
realGURU:
gud one

PLEASE how did u do that at ur signature inluding the pix? Teach me pls
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by onatisi(m): 8:26am On Dec 27, 2016
idupaul:

Apart from Fumman, is there any fruit juice maker that uses real fruits ?
I think chivita is still functioning, and maybe because many of them couldn't compete with the price if the imported one so they had to fold up

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by onatisi(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2016
africanusvu:
Custom seizing rice nafdac seizing drinks.custom wil start frm onitsha and end in aba.nafdac wil start frm aba and end in onisha.the two wil meet at owerri to giv account to their man.Rochas.all anti igbo agenda
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by DonaTee(f): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2016
Pavore9:
Most of those imported juice are a serious risk to health though l personally do not buy juice off the shelf as l prefer juicing mine.

what about the fruits that r not produced in nigeria? Like cranberry? Correct me if im wrong
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by smksean(m): 8:38am On Dec 27, 2016
ajbf:
Following the Federal Government ban of imported fruit juice into the country, the National Agencyfor Food and Drug Administration, NAFDAC, has begun mop-up of all imported fruit juices nationwide.

Addressing journalists shortly after the raid which took place in various markets in Lagos by the enforcement team of NAFDAC, Deputy Director, Investigation & Enforcement Directorate, Mr. Francis Ononiwu decried the influx of imported fruit juices in the country, blaming it on the absence of the Agency’s staff at the ports.

According to him, the Federal Government as a matter of urgency should reconsider bringing NAFDAC back to the ports in order to drastically reduce fake, counterfeit and imported banned products into the country.

“We are all aware that most of these products come through the sea ports and NAFDAC is not on ground there, definitely, we cannot effectively stop the products from entering. That is a major challenge. If we are there the quantity will be much more reduced or eliminated. Federal government should reconsider taking NAFDAC back to the ports”

Ononiwu explained that the mop –up exercise is ongoing nationwide, not only to meet the deadline for the exercise but also to create an enabling environment for local manufacturers of fruit juices in the country.

“These imported products are not registered by NAFDAC; they are unwholesome and fake and have been banned by the Federal Government. We don’t expect to see imported fruit juices in our markets today because we have enough fruit juice manufactured and produced here.

RAID: NAFDAC officials mopping up imported fruit juice from De Prince Supermarket, Agbada area of Lagos last week.
We are also trying to protect our local industry as well as encouraged them to utilise our farm produces thereby boosting our economy.”

Warning consumers against such products, he said since they were not produced under supervised Good Manufacturing Practice, they are harmful to the health of consumers.

Ononiwu hinted that those arrested would be punished in line with the appropriate sanctions stipulated in the Agency’s regulations.

Speaking during the exercise at Gbagada area of Lagos, Team Leader also from the Investigation and Enforcement Directorate, Mr. Carolly Ngobiri, said the exercise was in line with a circular of Dec. 19 from the Directorate, directing that an urgent visit to all markets and supermarkets in all states, be embarked upon, to mop-up these items.

“We are here to carry out one of NAFDAC’s mandate; to make sure that that all foreign juices are removed from the market. We have given them a deadline from now to Dec. 31 to stop their sales and remove them from the shelves.

“But in order to ensure that these are totally removed, we have started mopping up all the juices all over the country. “By Dec. 31, we do not want to see any imported juice in Nigeria.

“At these places that we have gone to carry out our assignment, we have taken the items, documented them and invited the owners to come to our office for further interrogation.

The NAFDAC official advised all consumers to check all the date markings of which include the production and expiry dates, as well as NAFDAC registration number of each of the products, before purchase.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nafdac-begins-mop-imported-fruit-juices-nationwide/
is it not better if they put tarrifs on this imported products instead of banning it entirely.. Why should i be forced to take locally fruit juices or abakiliki rice if u want to boost the local industry put high tarrifs on the imported goods that alone will discourage the consumers nd sellers from purchasing it but it will still be available for the little fraction of people that no matter the price of the imported they will still buy it.. We are meant to have that choice
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Pavore9: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2016
DonaTee:

what about the fruits that r not produced in nigeria? Like cranberry? Correct me if im wrong

Though am not presently residing in Nigeria but my work gives me access to a wider range of fruits than obtainable back home.

One can make exception for fruits not grown in Nigeria but importing juices of orange, mango, pawpaw etc is a no no.

Based on experience, a good number of what we regard as "foreign fruits" can actually do well in some parts of Nigeria but unfortunately we have forced ourselves to believe it is not possible.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by ceejay80s(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm....2016 moving on to 2017 and this kind people still exist.

I don't blame u, I wonder how many people foreign juice have killed in ur family , why do u think they are banning it? Because the have juice factory in nigeria and the want to control the market and be rich alone, nigerians that are full of dubious people
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by ceejay80s(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2016
onatisi:
I think chivita is still functioning, and maybe because many of them couldn't compete with the price if the imported one so they had to fold up
Don't mind dem, I wonder why our own juice can't be cheaper, they want to make more money and milk us dry by giving us diabetes, oyibo do fruit plus cost of import and its still cheap and affordable but we produce here in naija and its still expensive , what's the use of buying locally
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Originalsly: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2016
ceejay80s:

I don't blame u, I wonder how many people foreign juice have killed in ur family , why do u think they are banning it? Because the have juice factory in nigeria and the want to control the market and be rich alone, nigerians that are full of dubious people
If what you say is true. ... you don't want the local Nigerian to be rich alone.... you want the Chinese in China or whoever abroad to also be rich... at the expense of Nigerians. If you read thru the comments you should learn why they're banning it.... and why most people support the ban. You can take the horse to the water but you can't make him drink it
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 27, 2016
who are these jokers doing eye service for?

is it because of the nafdac approved imported egusi etal scandal they are suddenly finding their voices?
who are they fooling?
imported juice was banned over 10 years ago, when obj was president. i was in university then . at that time jucee [orange juice concentrate] was down to 200naira for a bottle.

i can bet you will find nafdac numbers on the imported juice they are 'seizing'
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by budusky05(m): 9:29am On Dec 27, 2016
Shame on them, its too late now what happens to apple and berries imported to this country?
How come this fruits last months before consumption?
What chemical preservatives are used?
Wake up NAFDAC WAKE UP
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by babooshka: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2016
ednut1:
yeye agency, when are they going to clamp down on ab0kis hawking fake Indian drugs ehn. btw wat happened to chocolate royale self, they are now cafe royal. no one got charged to court. chai
Pls, what happened 2 them? Was there a scandal?
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by TMANO: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2016
Can local companies meet local demands & quality? what is the plan in place for this? hhhmmm.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by ednut1(m): 10:08am On Dec 27, 2016
babooshka:
Pls, what happened 2 them? Was there a scandal?
use google
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Jacko1(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2016
therr is a chain of distribution

Dahs y we never defeated boko haram early

Always starting from below the chain

Instead of attackinh the source

Stop the juices from the sea ports.... Or whatever makeshift portd they come in thru

Not innocent ppl dat are trying to make ends meet

If u raid balogun...... Confiscate person entire stock
Dem no born am well to import again

I no study economics.... Get sense pass some of our policy makers
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by joinnow: 10:43am On Dec 27, 2016
Rice land ban # increase in price
Car land ban # increase in price
Fruit juice ban # increase in PRICE loading
The way we go they look fruit juice because it will be expensive

Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 27, 2016
Where
Nma27:
Please Nafdac should report down here, its a mess here. Lot of fake and expired products, I think they use Bromate to bake their bread sef... Lord save us.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Where
Biafra wink
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 27, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Where
The moon
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lol, u be Iyangbali wife cheesy
Nma27:
The moon
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by Myself2(m): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
ednut1:
yeye agency, when are they going to clamp down on ab0kis hawking fake Indian drugs ehn. btw wat happened to chocolate royale self, they are now cafe royal. no one got charged to court. chai

Please someone should answer this important question
Re: NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide by DonaTee(f): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
Pavore9:

Though am not presently residing in Nigeria but my work gives me access to a wider range of fruits than obtainable back home.

One can make exception for fruits not grown in Nigeria but importing juices of orange, mango, pawpaw etc is a no no.

Based on experience, a good number of what we regard as "foreign fruits" can actually do we.ll in some parts of Nigeria but unfortunately we have forced ourselves to believe it is not possible.

True

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? / Igbo Soups / At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.