Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? (3010 Views)

The Uselessness Of African Voodoo - Ayodele / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by JackBizzle: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2016
So Mark Zuckerberg, just like Bull Gates, threw atheism under a bus by saying that he is not an atheist.

When Zuckerberg made the comment that he is not an atheist on facebook, a lot of Nigerian christians ran to Nairaland to mock atheists and laugh. Seun Osewa, whom I respect so much, made the mistake of answering the christians- who then rejoiced at his "painment"/"butthurt".

However, the joke still remains on christians or religious Nigerians. The reason I say this is because most Nigerians are not intelligent enough to ask "WHAT RELIGION OR BELIEF DOES MARK ZUCKERBERG NOW FOLLOW SINCE HE IS NOT AN ATHEIST"?

I truly wonder why so many christians do not realise that in rushing to mock atheists over Zuckerberg, they have shown their insecurity and ignorance over what belief entails.

One should realise that Zuckerberg never stated what his beliefs are clearly.

-Mark Zuckerberg could be a satanist
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a sango worshipper
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a Buddhist
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a Shintoist.
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a Deist.

Mark Zuckerberg could be a secular humanist as well (a secular religion/philosophy?)- which would not put him far from atheism/agnosticism.

To all the christians and religious folks that rushed to mock atheists, please learn to have the intelligence to read between the lines. Many people make diplomatic comments just to avoid conflicts. Also learn to have the patience and intelligence to learn how to ask important questions- because, a further question should have been put to Zuckerberg- "What are your beliefs"?

As for the issue of "reading between the lines", Zuckerberg lives in a religious (heavily christian populated) country and was asked a question about religion, at a religious time (Christmas holiday)- did you expect him to make an irreligious statement and lose customers?
Even I would deny atheism if i had many christian customers at christmas! Just like how many christians piss their pants and deny Jesus when ISIS comes knocking on their door
grin

Shalom! Happy new year in advance!

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by luiginho2xl(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Lol
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:
So Mark Zuckerberg, just like Bull Gates, threw atheism under a bus by saying that he is not an atheist.

When Zuckerberg made the comment that he is not an atheist on facebook, a lot of Nigerian christians ran to Nairaland to mock atheists and laugh. Seun Osewa, whom I respect so much, made the mistake of answering the christians- who then rejoiced at his "painment"/"butthurt".

However, the joke still remains on christians or religious Nigerians. The reason I say this is because most Nigerians are not intelligent enough to ask "WHAT RELIGION OR BELIEF DOES MARK ZUCKERBERG NOW FOLLOW SINCE HE IS NOT AN ATHEIST"?

I truly wonder why so many christians do not realise that in rushing to mock atheists over Zuckerberg, they have shown their insecurity and ignorance over what belief entails.

One should realise that Zuckerberg never stated what his beliefs are clearly.

-Mark Zuckerberg could be a satanist
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a sango worshipper
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a Buddhist
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a Shintoist.
-Mark Zuckerberg could be a Deist.

Mark Zuckerberg could be a secular humanist as well (a secular religion/philosophy?)- which would not put him far from atheism/agnosticism.

To all the christians and religious folks that rushed to mock atheists, please learn to have the intelligence to read between the lines. Many people make diplomatic comments just to avoid conflicts. Also learn to have the patience and intelligence to learn how to ask important questions- because, a further question should have been put to Zuckerberg- "What are your beliefs"?

As for the issue of "reading between the lines", Zuckerberg lives in a religious (heavily christian populated) country and was asked a question about religion, at a religious time (Christmas holiday)- did you expect him to make an irreligious statement and lose customers?
Even I would deny atheism if i had many christian customers at christmas! Just like how many christians piss their pants and deny Jesus when ISIS comes knocking on their door
grin

you know the bible says not to be evenly yoked with unbelivers 4evergod3 and KingEbukasBlog used this clever comment as an excuse to fufill their sexual fantasies with the dude
Afterall he's technically not an "unbeliever"
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by JackBizzle: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2016
notjonbellion:
you know the bible says not to be evenly yoked with unbelivers 4evergod3 and KingEbukasBlog used this clever comment as an excuse to fufill their sexual fantasies with the dude
Afterall he's technically not an "unbeliever"

People love technicalities when it suits them. Zuckerberg never said that he was a christian
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

People love technicalities when it suits them. Zuckerberg never said that he was a christian
I never identified as an atheist before I always labeled as an agnostic but I was always called an atheist by most NL christians irrespective of my views
But here they are rejoicing over mark zuckerbergs comment
What a bunch of hypocrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2016
this thread should have been the one to hit frontpage not seun 'baby' thread cc:hahn,seun
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by kodded(m): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2016
One important thing you need to get in that your dumb skull is that mark Zukurberg is not an atheist !!! tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by Deicide: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2016
kodded:
One important thing you need to get in that your dumb skull is that mark Zukurberg is not an atheist !!! tongue tongue tongue
He is not A Christian either So what exactly is your point? what if he is a Muslim?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by kodded(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2016
[s]
Deicide:

He is not A Christian either So what exactly is your point? what if he is a Muslim?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by Deicide: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2016
kodded:
[s][/s]
pls don't derail this thread with useless memes I have already had lots if it Yesterday....so if you don't have anything reasonable to say pls its better you don't reply...
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2016
Dude ... he is not an atheist. Stop being pained and move on cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2016
grin
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Dude ... he is not an atheist. Stop being pained and move on cheesy cheesy cheesy
nobody is pained
We are fighting against atupidity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2016
Deicide:

pls don't derail this thread with useless memes I have already had lots if it Yesterday....so if you don't have anything reasonable to say pls its better you don't reply...
that kodded guy is prolly in his early teens
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let's scrutinize this :

Mark Zuckerberg's initial post was : "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah from Priscilla, Max, Beast and me!"

Then his response to a Facebook user when asked if he were an atheist : "No. I was raised jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

He mentions Judaism as the religion he was raised in , then states clearly that he went through a period where he questions things but now he believes religion is very important .

The most logical conclusion is that Mark Zuckerberg has reverted to Judaism . Hannukkah and Christmas are celebrated on the same day . His wife is a Buddhist and that could have changed his perception of religion .

I would have thought of him as a Buddhist assuming his response when asked if he were an atheist was : "Yes , I was raised jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important" because Buddhism is indifferent towards the belief in God(s) and his wife may have persuaded him to become one .

Mark isn't a pantheist because pantheism is associated with very few religions like in African traditional religions and in Confucianism which he does not adhere to and Modern Pantheism is irreligious in nature and not even popular . He must have questioned pantheism too though less likely "then I went through a period where I questioned things.... " .

Like I said earlier , the most logical conclusion is the Mark Zuckerberg has reverted to Judaism , the religion he was brought up in .
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by kodded(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2016
notjonbellion:

Really grin grin grin

[/quote]

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by dblackninja: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2016
I wonder what the rejoice is about undecided He said he's not an atheist, but that doesn't actually make him a Christian. I can as well say am not an atheist, did you care to find out if am agnostic, a pastafarian, a hindu, Jewish (as he indicated he was raised as one).

Or what if he said so to avoid publicity? What will be the gain of someone rejoicing over what he knows nothing about? It doesn't make sense.

There's a time I see religion as important but not anymore.. okay maybe to some extent (e.g when I want to deceive zombified peeps to gain something. It works grin) Apart from that, religion is nothing but a canker worm.

Some people will still argue that religion is important on the basis that it keeps people from doing bad things. But it's not so. The law actually does that (even Paul kind of recognised that in the bible). Rather religion will give you a room to do all sorts of evil you can think of, after all it takes one act of contrition to god and all things will be forgiven, the cycle then continues.

Religion is so bad in some region that even if you are caught committing an offence, you will still escape the punishment of the law so far as you say the golden words "It is the deviloooo"

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by 4kings: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2016
Well put @ JackBizzle and dblackninja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2016
4kings:
Well put @ JackBizzle and dblackninja

Its funny how you quickly accept any bs spewed by these atheists without being incisive

You are an embarrassment to logical thinking bro undecided
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by JackBizzle: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2016
notjonbellion:

Don't even bother with him. he just wants to troll
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by JackBizzle: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Pained?

Why would i be pained?

My beliefs are not based on Mark Zuckerberg.

And guess what? Atheism is only one side of a person. I am also a secular humanist. Mark Zuckerberg's views are close to humanism.

So please, get some sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by 4kings: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its funny how you quickly accept any bs spewed by these atheists without being incisive

So logical thinking would only be to accept that he is definitely back to Judaism.
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:46am On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Pained?

Why would i be pained?

My beliefs are not based on Mark Zuckerberg.

And guess what? Atheism is only one side of a person. I am also a secular humanist. Mark Zuckerberg's views are close to humanism.

So please, get some sense

The communists were humanists too and ended the lives of over 200 million people .They brought pain , suffering and poverty .
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Dec 27, 2016
4kings:

So logical thinking would only be to accept that he is definitely back to Judaism.

The preponderance of evidence points to that .
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 11:50am On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

lol and aren't you dripping with logic
Mark zuckerberg has always been benign about his worldview unlike the new athiests. I didn't see him affiliate with any religion
Athiest Jodie foster also thinks religion is important but mark said he's not an atheist
That's fair and good but he also didn't affiliate with any religion at the same time
He could have said "no. I went through a period where I questioned things but now I have reverted back to Judaism or any other religion
He didn't say that and you christians went on a masturbation o*gy
How that is logical is beyond me
Don't you have a portal to find undecided

2 Likes

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin

Shallow thinking from you bro

He wasn't coerced to respond to the question , he chose to respond to the question by his own volition . It was a random question asked by a random Facebook user - there are over 20 ,000 comments . There have been rumors even on Wikipedia that he is an atheist . It is reasonable to accept that he cleared the air on his position on God's existence which is a conscious explicit rejection of atheism - a resounding "NO" .

Let this sink in , take your time .

2 Likes

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by JackBizzle: 11:54am On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The communists were humanists too and ended the lives of over 200 million people .They brought pain , suffering and poverty .

Are you experiencing the following symptoms?

-Red herrings
-Straw men
-non sequitur
-fallacious reasonings

Then you probably have a case of KINGEBUKALITIS!
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2016
4kings:

I believe he's playing around with Buddhism
His wife is a Buddhist plus Buddhism is quite big in silicon valley
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by notjonbellion(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

-Red herrings
-Straw men
-non sequitur
-fallacious reasonings

I just don't know what brought that load of bull!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

-Red herrings
-Straw men
-non sequitur
-fallacious reasonings

When will you have sense bro . I just pointed out to you that humanism isn't what you think it is .E.g the wickedness of communist governments . As far as there is counterexample to an assertion , it completely invalidates it .
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by 4kings: 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The preponderance of evidence points to that .
What evidence - denying atheism and acknowledging the importance of religion only . SMH
Didn't you read the point I gave, to make clear that his new religion/philosophy is arguable.

Last week, you tried proving that the stance of a self-declared atheist was most likely not true, because he was from a communist society and whatever.

Marks own sef, was not as explicit as President Jose, and when I brought another point of view to table, you claim it's illogical. smh again.
Like I told you before, let go of bigotry.
Re: What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest? by kodded(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Don't even bother with him. he just wants to troll
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did God Stop Man From Living For Ever? / If Jesus Is Alive Today, He Will Be A Palestinian Arab Christian (picture) / What Happened To Striktlymi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.