Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram (16773 Views)

Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail / El-rufai Replies Ben Bruce For Asking Buhari To Thank Jonathan Over Train Ride / 10 Things El-rufai Wants Buhari To Do In His Letter To The President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by AjiboyeJohnson(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
The PDP also said that former President Goodluck Jonathan had already achieved great success in defeating the sect before Buhari came into office.

“The President cannot solely claim responsibility for the success he claimed the Armed Forces recorded in reclaiming Sambisa Forest from the Boko Haram. This is because the regime of former President Jonathan had done a lot in the war against terror,” PDP spokesman, Dayo Adeyeye told Punch.

“This was why elections were held in almost all the local government areas in Borno State and the entire North-East in 2015. Though there has been no independent verification of the claim, the President ought to give kudos to the regime of Jonathan that bought the weapons being used to fight the war.

“We are all aware that propaganda is a tool being used by this government to deceive Nigerians. We hope this is also not another one,” he added.

The Buhari administration has been celebrating the defeat of Boko Haram since the army took over the sect’s stronghold, Sambisa Forest on Friday, December 23.

http://pulse.ng/politics/buhari-pdp-wants-president-to-thank-jonathan-for-defeat-of-boko-haram-id5955576.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by OjoChigozieNuhu: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
PDP should wake up from slumber and face reality that they are out of power. Whatever achievement by the current administration remains that of the administration. There are other trival issues that needed to be solved by PDP jare.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by momentarylapse: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
All those fools in the pdp would die waiting! grin

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by Jafar1: 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
PDP THE CONFUSED PARTY ITH CONFUSED PEOPLE, WELL THEY WILL WAIT FOR LONG

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by Sibrah: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
Source of wailing?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by DropShot: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
This PDP and FFK no go kill person oooooo.

grin grin grin grin grin

PDP is Boko Haram - General Owoye Azazi. He was murdered by dem dem for that statement.

I headed a military that lacked equipment and motivation to fight - Alex Badeh. As if na me and Nairalanders go buy equipment and provide motivation for them.

It's too dangerous to send troops to Sambisa forest else you waste their lives - General minimah

I can go on and on to prove that GEJ and his political Generals were too docile, wicked and corrupt to be able to achieve any meaningful result with Boko Haram.

And the most painful of all of this is the humongous amount they wasted (actually looted through ATM Dasuki). Their Defense budget increased year on year, yet what we got was more bombing of civilian centres, sacking of military bases, taking over of villages by Boko Haram, buying of obsolete weapons (obsolete fighter jets that could not fly or be serviced for more than tripple the price of brand new ones).

See their budget on security for the four years of 2011 to 2015:

2010 - 826.3 billion
2011 - 920.3 billion
2012 - 9244.8 billion
2013 - 923.5 billion
2014 - 920.9 billion
2015 - 934 billion

And 2016 it was N429 billion under a shrewd but tactical PMB.

178 Likes 26 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by PeridotBelle(f): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
But why are they all highly pained by the news of this Boko haram defeat?? Why evils undecided undecided

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by melodyogonna(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
AjiboyeJohnson:
The PDP also said that former President Goodluck Jonathan had already achieved great success in defeating the sect before Buhari came into office.

“The President cannot solely claim responsibility for the success he claimed the Armed Forces recorded in reclaiming Sambisa Forest from the Boko Haram. This is because the regime of former President Jonathan had done a lot in the war against terror,” PDP spokesman, Dayo Adeyeye told Punch.

“This was why elections were held in almost all the local government areas in Borno State and the entire North-East in 2015. Though there has been no independent verification of the claim, the President ought to give kudos to the regime of Jonathan that bought the weapons being used to fight the war.

“We are all aware that propaganda is a tool being used by this government to deceive Nigerians. We hope this is also not another one,” he added.

The Buhari administration has been celebrating the defeat of Boko Haram since the army took over the sect’s stronghold, Sambisa Forest on Friday, December 23.
immediately buhari won the election, i told my brother that he(buhari) will get the credit of defeating the already defeated boko haram

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by acenazt: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lmao PDP oloshi

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by seunmsg(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
Though there has been no independent verification of the claim, the President ought to give kudos to the regime of Jonathan that bought the weapons being used to fight the war"

In summary, Adeyeye is saying that PDP does not believe the claim that boko haram had been defeated. However, if the claim happens to be true somehow, give PDP and Goodluck Jonathan the credit and not PMB.

I swear, clowns with indomie brains have taken over PDP. Their logic and confusion is out of this world. What do they smoke at that their PDP headquarters?

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by DropShot: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
melodyogonna:
immediately buhari won the election, i told my brother that he(buhari) will get the credit of defeating the already defeated boko haram
Tell us how and when the Boko Haram was defeated, o ye enemy of progress.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by gawu1: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
Oh God, envy!
I thought Lai Muhammed has offered to give these people free tutorial class? What happened?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by ddippset(m): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
lol. they want pmb to give them small 'credit' for the defeat of the boko boys but they don't want to take small 'debit' for the fall of the naira and for the economic recession. everything good in this regime was started by Jonathan but everything bad is Buhari's making! bascard dan buro uba.

68 Likes 13 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by melodyogonna(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
DropShot:

oga, jonathan reduced boko haram to 30%

1 Like

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by IVORY2009(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
DropShot:

APC Nairaland spokes person, welcome back!

1 Like

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by ddippset(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
melodyogonna:
and who gives a flying fuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccck what you told your brother?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by DropShot: 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
melodyogonna:
oga, jonathan reduced boko haram to 30%
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by darknetcom: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
seunmsg:

Though there has been no independent verification of the claim, the President ought to give kudos to the regime of Jonathan that bought the weapons being used to fight the war"

In summary, Adeyeye is saying that PDP does not believe the claim that boko haram had been defeated. However, if the claim happens to be true somehow, give PDP and Goodluck Jonathan the credit and not PMB.

I swear, clowns with indomie brains have taken over PDP. Their logic and confusion is out of this world. What do they smoke at that their PDP headquarters?

and it was this people una was defending like no tommorow...

1 Like

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by Stalwert: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
PDP the party of wailing zombies clearly shows it will be a failure in opposition. .. a party cursed with failure.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by GMBuhari: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
What else would you expect from party of shameless looters

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by gawu1: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
seunmsg:

It is defeatist syndrome. This Adeyeye own is even a child play. After reading what that drug addict called Femi Kayode wrote on the sambisa conquest, I couldn't help but to conclude that the weeds he smokes must be hell imported ones.
Since they lost power, their sense of reasonings defy that of normal beings- APC should be blamed for every negative happenings; but their ousted government and president or out of power party must be praised or given credence for whatever unfolding positive dévelopment in the country.
What a hoof reasoning!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by Atiku2019: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
That's why you are broke and hunger is killing nigerians angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

DropShot:
This PDP and FFK no go kill person oooooo.

grin grin grin grin grin

PDP is Boko Haram - General Owoye Azazi. He was murdered by dem dem for that statement.

I headed a military that lacked equipment and motivation to fight - Alex Badeh. As if na me and Nairalanders go buy equipment and provide motivation for them.

It's too dangerous to send troops to Sambisa forest else you waste their lives - General minimah

I can go on and on to prove that GEJ and his political Generals were too docile, wicked and corrupt to be able to achieve any meaningful result with Boko Haram.

And the most painful of all of this is the humongous amount they wasted (actually looted through ATM Dasuki). Their Defense budget increased year on year, yet what we got was more bombing of civilian centres, sacking of military bases, taking over of villages by Boko Haram, buying of obsolete weapons (obsolete fighter jets that could not fly or be serviced for more than tripple the price of brand new ones).

See their budget on security for the four years of 2011 to 2015:

2010 - 826.3 billion
2011 - 920.3 billion
2012 - 9244.8 billion
2013 - 923.5 billion
2014 - 920.9 billion
2015 - 934 billion

And 2016 it was N429 billion under a shrewd but tactical PMB.

1 Like

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by mengho(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
cheesy cheesy I sincerely belive PDP think they have no way to be relevant & in the news everyday without making dis kind of blunders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by mafiamanager(m): 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
I Soppor Pdp On Dis. Hope Dey Knw D Recession Is Cosed By Dem Also

10 Likes

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by udumosam23(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2016
Only the wise and prudent acknowledges their predecessors over a recorded success even if they did little or nothing.

The truth is, until you learn to appreciate others, you'll not be appreciated. What goes around comes around.

No govt should take glory over such recorded success. If the previous govt didn't lay the foundation, they created the enabling environment or at least they were there. So they should be acknowledged.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by spaggyy(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2016
lol

this is funny....

just see my signature
Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by Ijaya123: 8:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Really? This man must be high on something I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by DIKEnaWAR: 8:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Femi, Garbage Shehu, Dalung, Fashola, Kemi, Ngige, and just yesterday Kachikwu have been making controversial and senseless statements. Seems working with Buhari has a way of diminishing ones IQ.

Is there a party called PDP? Who is their chairman?

1 Like

Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by canalily(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Is the reverse the caseundecided
Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by dahunsy(f): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Coughs****clears throa#...no wonder this PDP guys ve cornered all d codine syrup in this country....overhighness
Re: PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram by patientzero: 8:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Pdp couldn't stamp them out after how many years of 'state of emergency'

I don't doubt the 2.1b arms scandal, else how come it wasn't until 2weeks to elections we our army guys suddenly have 'liver' to fight?

God(if he exist) punish pdp n gej grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ipob: Army To Begin Deradicalisation Of Members / Oby Ezekwesili Protest In Abuja Over Killing Of Hauwa & Saifura By Boko Haram(p / Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Back Kukah, Say FG Can't Suppress Voice Of Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.