Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each (1098 Views)

Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears / Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o / Is Samuel Eto'o A Monkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by rasputinn(m): 4:39am On Nov 19, 2009
Eto'o gives team £30k watches

Soccer Extreme : Inter striker Samuel Eto'o has given every member of the Cameroon squad a £30,000 watch after they qualified for next summer's World Cup in South Africa.

The Indomitable Lions beat Morocco 2-0 at the weekend to make sure of qualification for their sixth World Cup. Eto'o scored nine goals in the qualifying campaign.

It's not the first time, Eto'o has used his generous side to incentivize his team-mates. Four years ago, the 28-year-old promised the Cameroon squad $2,000 a piece if they beat the Ivory Coast.

Cameroon won 3-2 in Abidjan and Eto'o paid out an astonishing $60,000.

Eto'o is not shy of making a bet, as long as the proceeds go to charity. Three years ago, he did a deal with Ford whereby they would send an ambulance to Cameroon for every goal he scored above a certain quota.

He is now in the process of recycling Europe's unwanted shoes, installing special bins in Spanish department store El Corte Ingles where people can donate them to charity. (football italia)

http://soccer-xtreme..com/2009/11/etoo-gives-team-30k-watches.html[img][/img]

Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by RuuDie(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2009
Now here's a man with a BIG HEART. . . . . & thats why he'll forever be our own AFRICAN LION KING!

Eto'o fils. . . . U ARE THA MAN!
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by FBS: 8:26am On Nov 19, 2009
Outstanding!!!
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by RuuDie(m): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Here's a true African who doesn't forget his roots and the training of his childhood - i tell you, a son of Africa that will make us proud anyday, anytime!
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by FBS: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
Yeah and Didier Drogba is also building a 3 million GBR hospital. Me think these boys have a BIG heart!

Highly commendable.
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by yousouph(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2009
Nice one from Eto'o. People like him, Kanu and Drogba will be remembered for a long time in Africa and beyond because of their good deed.
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by rasputinn(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
yousouph:

Nice one from Eto'o. People like him, Kanu and Drogba will be remembered for a long time in Africa and beyond because of their good deed.

True word that
I wish more of their colleagues and other privileged Africans will look out like this for their people
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by presido1: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2009
Am i missing something or what? How does £30k watch to rich players help ordinary man in Mamfe or Kumba?
Can somebody explain to me plssssssssssssss.

Ford and Ambulance good but watch to fellow players irrelevant
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by honeric01(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
presido1:

Am i missing something or what? How does £30k watch to rich players help ordinary man in Mamfe or Kumba?

Yes, you are missing something, scroll down, read it again, then tell us what you understood. undecided
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by mukina2: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2009
presido1:

i smell something green grin grin tongue tongue tongue

no worry wait, your own watch dey come grin grin
Re: Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each by RuuDie(m): 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2009
presido1:

It does mean that the man has a BIG, GOOD HEART!

guy. . . . u sure u not a pay'zan the way u mention Mamfe & Kumba

(1) (Reply)

Mastercard Provides Ultimate UEFA Champions League Experiences To Nigerian Footb / Second Appraisal: What Can You Say Of The Following Members? / Chelsea Is King: Despite Penalty Loss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.